main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan club- reborn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thanos6, Nov 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    OK, since the previous thread was closed, I'm creating a new one. Hopefully, without Darth Mull, this won't turn into a river of flame.

Let's stay on topic this time, hmm?

-Thanos6

2. Son of the Chosen One

Son of the Chosen One Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 1999
    I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara! I like Mara!

oh and by the way I like Mara!

my two decicred's worth

3. Joyoda

Joyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 1999
    Yeah! someone restarted this thread.
    I must post as being a fan of the Great Mara Jade.

4. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    At last! It is resurrected!

Obviously, I am a Mara Jade fan. The user name is a pretty big tip-off, huh? There's a lot of reasons I like Mara, and here's a list of just a few:

1. She kicks butt! Whether with a lightsaber, blaster, or her bare hands, Mara can take on anything, from a vornskr to an insane Jedi Master.

2. She can fly anything. That's in her own words, and fairly self-explanatory.

3. She is tough and strong, and doesn't let anyone push her around or tell her what to do. She's very independant.

4. She's so infinitely interesting! I mean, the woman goes from hating Luke and wanting to kill him to loving him. I loved seeing the inner conflicts she went through during that change.

5. She has an amazing sense of sarcastic humor, and keeps her cool even when the going gets tough.

6. She's the perfect match for Luke. Need I say more?

I could probably go on for hours, but suffice to say there's lots to like about Mara Jade!

--Mara Jade, namesake of the greatest EU character ever

5. tjedi81

tjedi81 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 1998
    I think Mara Jade-Skywalker is the best EU character out there, and I will follow her adventures as long as they are published in any form! My 2 cents...

6. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    I will be curious to see what Stackpole does with Mara and Luke in NJO. Corran and Mirax don't seem to have lost their edge just because they're married. Hopefully he'll put a little *spark* into their repartee!

7. Xizora

Xizora Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 1999
    I hate Mara Jade.

ok.. Just Kidding. She is the coolest woman in the Starwars universe! She kicks serious butt, she can fly, she can fight, she gets to marry Luke! Lucky her. And she is pretty (at least she is on the cover of VOTF). I'm so jealous.

8. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    I love Mara! I chose this thread for my 100th post because she is my favorite. Yay! I'm no longer a brand new newbie, but a slightly used newbie!

9. The power's back!

The power's back! Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 1999
    I think I'll just say ditto to everything Mara Jade, EH said.

10. Darth Chris

Darth Chris Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    I thought Mara Jade was a kick *ss character before VP. She had an attitude on her that no other female in the SWU had. Now she just seems weak, mostly because of her disease, partly because she married a pansy in Luke (don't get me wrong, Luke is my fav character, but you have to admit, he is a wuss, and that's rubbing off on Mara).

11. Beldorion

Beldorion Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 1999
    I don't believe this. You wiped out an evil slug-crimelord and his entire mob, faced the most evil man in the galaxy twice!(counting the clones), killing dark Jedi left and right, destroyed superweapons, wooed the most dangerous woman in the galaxy, and still people call you a wuss!. May I ask what brave deeds Darth Cris has done in his lifetime that made him capable of passing such judgement ?

12. Thanos6

Apr 20, 1999
    Hey! We don't want this thread to be closed down too, do we?

If you want to argue, take it outside, preferably to a thread in "Miscellaneous" or whatever they're calling it these days.

OK?

-Thanos6

13. virtue1st

virtue1st Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 1998
    Luke's not a pansy. Certain writers have inaccurately portrayed him as a pansy. Key point, that.

Besides, Mara wouldn't marry a pansy (to bring this back to the topic).

14. Beldorion

Beldorion Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 1999
    Sorry. 'Luke bashing' tend to get on my nerves....Especially when people start spouting things they can't back.

*Ahem*
    Anyway ; Long live Mara ! (and Luke).

[This message has been edited by Beldorion (edited 11-19-1999).]

15. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    Count me in. I needn't say anything about Mara becasue everything has been said. Long live Mara Jade-Skywalker.

16. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    Without a doubt, Mara is my favorite EU character (coming from the mind of my favorite EU writer, of course!). When I think about the fact that we'll never get to see her on screen or in a movie (radio dramas notwithstanding), it's almost a palpable sense of loss I feel in my heart.

Then again, when I see who was chosen to portray the "real-life" MJ, I don't feel quite as bad. Then again, if MJ was going to be onscreen, they likely would not have picked who they did, so that compounds it even more.

I'm torn, I'm torn...

As always, my humble opinion.

17. Bantha Poodu

Bantha Poodu Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy, We are not worthy,

18. Bror Jace

Bror Jace Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 1999
    OK folks, a lot of you say that Mara is your favorite EU chracter but how many of you think of Mara as your favorite SW character considering all of Star Wars? I sure do.

--- Bror Jace, formerly Rogue 4

19. Dewlanna Solo

Dewlanna Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 1999
    Me too, Bror.

20. harleysolo

harleysolo Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 1999
    Mara just kicks some Major A$$ thats all I got to say.

21. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    You brought up a good point Bror. I didn't consider hr my favorite character until I finally began to read the books. Once I did she replaced Han Solo from that prized spot of favorite SW character of all time.

22. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    Yeah I think quite frankly she's the best, off-screen and on-screen

23. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    I agree, Bror! NO ONE IN THE STAR WARS GALAXY can hold a candle to Mara Jade. She is the absolute best character either in the movies or in the books- and considering the number of characters that statement entails, well, that's quite a statement. But it's true. Very, very true.

--Mara Jade

24. Thanos6

Apr 20, 1999
    I must agree-- Mara is my favorite SW character, movie or book.

-Thanos6

25. Shmi52

Shmi52 Author of New Jedi Order: Balance Point star 3 VIP

Nov 20, 1999

Pansy?????

There is a HUGE difference between VIRTUE and PANSY. And Mara Jade is wise enough to know the difference. It takes enormous character strength to stand consistently for virtue. Notice in VotF how Mara Jade sees every one of Luke's character flaws . . . but realizes that even though he's blown it (thanks to an author or two), he is still desperately trying to do what is RIGHT.

Long live Mara . . . and Luke!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.