main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan club- reborn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thanos6, Nov 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Well as I said it earlier,Mara in her time with Talon Karde and eventually a story how she became a JediMaster :)

2. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey Hope I know now why I cann't view it.I need to have a real player software. I'll do it tomorrow.Don't have much time now. I've a meeting with some friends.

Thanks Hope I'll send it to you with PM :)
    Have to go though see ya tomorrow hopefully??? :)

3. Prof_D_Kirke

Prof_D_Kirke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey I'll Beta the story. I'm okay at spelling and stuff. But I am decent at making sure stuff is concistant and flows well.

4. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    PDK is a good Beta--I can vouch for that. Even if he did misspell consistent. :p

Phoenix: Good to see you! That link was.... interesting. To me it seemed like a cross between the Death Star Run and the first scene of "Look Who's Talking."

TK: If you could e-mail those sights/groups it'd be great. I'd love to see Mara fans rally. :)

Frodo: I don't know why your darkhorse registration didn't work. My e-mail came back in a couple of minutes. The thing said it sometimes takes a while though. Hopefully it'll work soon.

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    To the Mara Jade community/club as you're aware the haters community is around. And my efforts have brought to light the loathing of Mara Jade. We'll agree not to flame this club on its own ground. Provided you do NOT support the EUDF on trying to shut us down. Is it a deal?

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I have a fanfic group at yahoo groups, but since I feel that it was unncessary for Yahoo to take over egroups, I started my mailing list at Topica. My fanfic list does not allow adult nature fanfics, and I am sure that a few of the yahoo groups post those kinds once in awhile.

M.J Frodo-I sent yout the story. It was written with Microsoft Word, so you might have some problems.

There is a link to my story in my sig---its already been posted in the fanfic section. I posted in a few months ago, back in November.

I have a good name for L&M's son: How about Daryen?

7. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    Phoenix, yay, I'm so happy to see you here! Hope your spring break is going well! I wish mine was still going on ... :(

I'm sure Mara is quite rich, and probably dealt with a variety of goods both as a smuggler and a legit trader -- I think she mentioned some sort of grain during the Corellian Trilogy, and Karrde seems to have smuggled tons of things, ranging from weapons and parts to food for a group of oppressed refugees during the TTT to supplies for the Caamasi on Alderaan, if I remember correctly ... Meanwhile, I've always thought that Luke probably gets decent pay, both from some sort of NR military pension and as being the head of the Jedi Academy, maybe equivalent to the paycheck of a dean or president at a public university or something. I bet he saved enough to afford the Jade Sabre easily enough. (Frodo, she didn't crash that one! The Vong destroyed it on Dantooine, more's the pity.)

I can beta, too, unless those here whose stories I have read want to warn people away from me! I really enjoy reading people's fics ... looking forward to all of these in progress!

8. General_H_Storm

General_H_Storm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2001
    In sympathy for the haters.

I understand why you guys don't like Mara Jade. (I personally loathe the Solo children, except Anakin)

I agree to the truce. Mind you, it does seem like we're the majority :)

9. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    Of course it's a deal, Fire_Ice_Death. We have always known that some people do not share our opinions of Mara Jade. You will not change our opinions, and we will not change yours, so there is never any reason to get upset about that. However, the EUDF has its own mission and standards, as far as I can tell, and since I am not a member, I will neither support nor oppose any action it chooses to take.

10. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    I'm back, thanks for waiting patiently.=)

Just got back from practice with my band. Well, just the roadie parts. Worked out the strobes and fog for our new set. This in preparation for the return of the live show. Friday night, a label showcase. Oh yeah!=)

Fire_Ice_Death: Yeah. I've read through your thread and don't care. You have your opinon, we have ours. You should be allowed to speak it, although hate is pretty strong. You could say it more like dilike or I just don't like her in any number of ways. The hate bit is probaly what is drawing their attention. The EUDF can do whatever, I don't care and I don't support them. So Truce.

Beta offers. Danke. When I need it and get to it, I'll tap someone for the duty.=)

Phienix: Good to see you around here again. Drop in any time you feel like it.

More to follow.

~The Insane One

11. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hello everyone! :)

Liz thanks for the tale. :)
    Finally something to read for the weekend.
    Daryen?? I dunno Liz I think I like Nathan or Nathaniel better,but the name Daryen sounds better than Ben eek

12. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Have download Windows media player and installed,but no view on the Womb war. :(
    Sigh will ask my friend this weekend, what to do.

CURE MARA

13. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Marie "Frodo: I don't know why your darkhorse registration didn't work. My e-mail came back in a couple of minutes. The thing said it sometimes takes a while though. Hopefully it'll work soon. "

Hmm strange I took a look again on my mail,but no post of DH ?[face_plain]

14. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Phoenix: Good to see you around here again. Drop in any time you feel like it.

Yeah I agreed again with the posters good to see ya Phoenix [face_laugh]

15. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    I probably never understand why people could hate Mara,but anyway as long as each opponent stay in their fanclub as such,I dont care. But I'm sure we've more fun here,cuz of the simple reason we like her [face_laugh]
    Heheh we are on the light and happy side of the road [face_laugh]

CURE MARA!!

16. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Good morning to all. Or afternoon, evening.=) It all looks the same to someone who is up all night.

Womb Wars. Sheesh. Atomfilms has tons of, ummm, weird films. I've collected a few of them.=)

Conquest is a day closer. Lets see, today is th 22nd, so that means 12 days left. Just under two weeks and I'll have new reading material! Since some fanfics are slow in coming. Can't wait.

~The Insane One

17. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey TK how are you doin??? Sigh 12 days what a hard time! I cann't wait and I've problems to view that atom womb war :(
    Now I've to wait for my friend to help me out.

18. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey Tk are you around,please can ya tell me,is Mara your favor character and if why?? Its a silly question,but I'm curious sorry

19. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    I'm okay. Tired, need to go to sleep. Barely got up for practice.

12 days to kill is a lot, thankfully I have two concerts. I work both.

Be thankful your computer can play those vids, if it can when you get it working. I don't trust mine as far as I can throw it for anything. I use it for e-mail, posting here and music. I can't so anything else that is fun on it really. Oh well.

We have any Mara topics this morning?

~The Insane One(reliving boredom by playing with his sig lines)

20. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Ah second question do you like the development of Mara by Bantam and DR??
    Or would you like to see it different??

21. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    What the hell is up with this site, every time i go to post it comes up error message that the page can't be found.

22. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Ah M-J is there too HI wave hands :)

Eeh don't worry M-J sometimes this board playing mad,but is going over fast :)

Hey for you and TK those questions to respond see above :)
    Of course if you all like it

23. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    MJ: Who knows. It has been a little batty lately. Ah well, what can 'ya do. Just keep hoping the duct tape(or Force) holds the server together.

Frodo: Mara probably is mostly my favorite, but then I like most SW characters. Only a few that I don't.

Bantam did okay. Just she wasn't in a lot their novels. Plus they did their novels in such an unorthodox method, it kinda messed it up.

Del Rey is doing okay. Just need more time to pass final judgement. Like the end of the NJO.

~The Insane One

24. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    What you have a new sig TK??
    Have to take a look at it,I really need a cool one for me too.Do you or M-J know something cool for me??

25. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah MJ beside Luke count to my most favor charactere,why Luke because he's my favor movie character,and he's gentle,determined, wise and nice. Mara strong,intelligent and fascinating is my favor EU character

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.