main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan club- reborn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thanos6, Nov 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Frodo: My suggestion, find some phrase or words that you like or fit and use that. Your signature is kinda like your personality. My old one was of my more serious side, my thinking side. This one contains that, but also plays out my joker side. So use something you like that goes with your personality.

~The Insane One

2. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Well I'm not going through all those books,but I'm mostly glad with the development from Mara the assasin turned to a soft loving Jedi wife !

3. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    heheheh cool TK that with your personality [face_laugh] ;) j/k
    If you look at my sig,what does that mean ?? :)

4. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Ummm, Frodo. Mara would be a wife, not a husband. Just pointing it out.

I'm sorry, my thoughts are jumbled this morning.

It was intresting to watch Mara slowly go soft(or not) with Luke's guidance. Just wish Bantam would have shown the guidance more. Instead they gipped us with cheesy stories going nowhere and, ummm, Jedi returning from the dead to live again. When they would have been better off accpeting death. My opinon.

~The Insane One

5. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey Tk did you find out your sig everytime by yourself or have you find some quotes out of books or so. I do, I mean sometimes! I've had several ones

Ah thanks for the note on husbank and wife TK
    Have changed it

6. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    My mind is working slower. But from you sig, I mostly read a SW fan, devoted to Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker.

My sig is influenced from things I'v read and seen. I saw stickers with the last two, the quote is from a Greek philosipher<sp?> and the last bit is out of a song from the Band I work for. It's also there catch phrase. Look where you want, SW books or wherever else. Find something intresting!(not saying yours is boring, of course)

~The Insane One

7. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah I agre TK more dialoques and interaction between the two in those books would be better. More adventures and a bigger part for Mara towards Luke and their relationship would be alot believable for even the Mara bashers

8. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    I still say Bantam dropped the ball. The EU could be much better if it had been though through. Unfortunately they didn't figure the books would be popular. So Zahn wrote the Thrawn Trilogy and then everything was released chaotically. No order to it, so it creatd tons of continuity errors.

If they had planned it slightly it would have been better. DR has the right idea, but why now?

~The Insane One

9. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    TK are you there?? I'm so sorry my deepest apologize! During the editing of my latest post,something bad has happened. For unknown reasons,all of a sudden I didn't get online connection for hours!! :(
    Hope you're not mad at me. Feel very sorry.Well hope to see ya and the others tomorrow??? I'm going to my friends now!!

Have a nice day everyone

10. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Hello,

<so that means 12 days left>

I'm sure there will be a lucky few who manage to find copies early. I just started Stephen King's DREAMCATCHER, and at the rate I'm going I know there's no way I'll finish reading it by the time CONQUEST is released.

I'll post my thoughts regarding Mara, Bantam and Delrey later.

Frodo:
    Do you have any favorite quotes from the books or movies (or perhaps even from a fan fic) that you could use in your signature.

11. Prof_D_Kirke

Prof_D_Kirke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    I am one of those people who have "gotten lucky" before. I was at the mall one day and decided to drop by the bookstore. I found copies of Isard's Revenge about 3 of 4 weeks before it was to be released. I grabbed up a copy and bought it. The next day I dropped by and warned them that *that* book wasnt supposed to be released for another couple weeks, they promptly took it off the shelves. Ever since then I check that book store hoping for another "accident" but so far no luck.

12. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2001
    Hmmm...where I come from, and from what I understand, everywhere else in the world, the phrase "getting lucky" means having sex. Sexual intercourse, if you will. I would call myself fortunate to obtain a SW book early, but I would never sully the time-honored euphemism that is "getting lucky."

13. Prof_D_Kirke

Nov 18, 2000
    Hmmm. I'd say the previous post was at LEAST A LITTLE sophomoric. Oh well. I wont let it bother me. Besides he's a newbie.

Hey have you guys seen the thread on titles for the rest of the NJO books? Heretic... interesting...

14. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    I agree. The best way to deal with trolls and hateful people is to ignore them.

Let's do something fun... Anyone up for a poll?

1) What's your favorite EU book that does not feature Mara?

2) What little-used characters interest you the most?

3) What phase of Mara's life would you most like to see a Tale or Comic about?

4) What song makes you think of Luke and/or Mara? (I know we've done this before, but not for a while)

Answer any or none, I'm just looking for something to do.

15. Prof_D_Kirke

Nov 18, 2000
    Marie's Poll:

1) Hmmm tough.... Probably Bacta War.
    2) I really liked the Wraiths so probably them.
    3) I'd love to see a story about her and Mirax.
    4) I dont know I dont listen to music other than a lot of classical (usually). Thanks to that wonderful music apprec class I'm taking. So I'd say.... Mozart's Symphony No. 35 in D Major (I'm listening to it now.)

16. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    1. The Rogue/Wraith books. That is about all.

2. The Wraiths/Rogues, Corran, Mirax, Iella, Wedge, Shada D'ukal, Karrde and tons more!

3. I would love to see a comic with about Mara mainly between Thrawn Trilogy and the Hand Duology. Her time through most of here was ignore and I'd like to see what she was doing.

4. Ummm, I don't know. Don't have any hopless romantics songs!

~The Insane One

17. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    I'm up for a poll!

Ooh. Probably Truce at Bakura, although Solo Command and Iron Fist are right up there too!

2) What little-used characters interest you the most?
    Myn Donos and Lara/Gara/Kirney, and Ton Phanan, although he's not going to get much use anymore, and Tycho, and Muurrgh (spelling, anyone?), and Gaeriel, who also won't be making any more appearances, and Cole Fardreamer, and I should probably stop there.

3) What phase of Mara's life would you most like to see a Tale or Comic about?
    Her training as the Emperor's Hand, or her time between leaving the Empire and joining Karrde's organization. Or maybe that funny lag time between when she left Yavin and when she started her own business -- Jade Solitaire was a tease in that respect!

4) What song makes you think of Luke and/or Mara? (I know we've done this before, but not for a while)
    I have a whole list back at home! Um ... here, I'll even explain why:
    "I Don't Know" by Celine Dion, for their relationship, with some details that remind me of Wayland;
    "Push" by Matchbox 20, for the difficulty of their relationship;
    "Nietzche's Eyes" by Paula Cole, for Mara's realization of the Emperor's lies;
    "Head Over Feet" by Alanis Morrisette, for their courtship (maybe) from Mara's view;
    "Sweet Surrender" by Sarah McLachlan, for Mara's thoughts on Luke, and
    "Absence of Fear" by Jewel, for sort of a deeper level of their relationship.
    You know, I think this question's automatic result is not to make other people think of Luke and/or Mara, but to expose our individual music tastes. ;)

Meanwhile, the updated list of titles they've got in the Books section sounds realy interesting to me. "Rebel Dream" and "Rebel Stand" sound promising to me, especially because they're Allston's, and the "Force Heretic" trilogy by the Australians sounds really intriguing, too! I wonder who that'll be about!

18. Prof_D_Kirke

Nov 18, 2000
    I've got great question I need answered. Does anyone know if Syal Antilles-Fell (Wedge's sister and Soontir's Wife) has ever met Luke or Mara?

Thanks.

BTW we're 1 away from 12500.

19. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    PDK said I had to post.

I would also really appreciate knowing the answer to his question. There was an X-wing comic that delt with Soontir Fel (and his brother?) but I've never read it. I need this information for I, Jagged. We're well underway with Part IV.

Artemis: I think "Head Over Feet" works well for their courtship. I especially like the line referring to her reason for falling in love: "I couldn't help it--it's all your fault." For some reason, that sounds like something Mara would say. :)

20. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Music tastes? You should all know mine, I'm mostly a fan of heavy stuff, but I'm tolerable to certain things.=) Just not really rap, r&b or boy bands.

Marie and PDK: Officially: It is not known wether Mara and Wynassa Starflare(Syal Antilles-Fel) has met Mara Jade. Unofficially: I'd say they have. "Face" met Ysanne Isard because of one of his roles, so Wynassa would have the same chances. So there is a chance she met the Emperor and his court, including Mara Jade.

If it's for the fic, it's a toss up. Go official, or just have some unoffical fun with the fanfic! Your choice.

See you all around! Have a concert tonight so I'll be gone and may not see you till Monday. Depending on if you folks post this weekend.

~The Insane One

21. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    That line is pretty characteristic of Mara, isn't it, Marie? I also like the line "You treat me like I'm a princess/ I'm not used to liking this" -- not that I think Luke really rolls out the red carpet for her or anything, but it doesn't seem like Mara's had much chance to be happy in a relationship. Just a good song. :)

About Mara, Luke, and Syal/Wynssa: Well, I don't have any factual references on this either ... My first reaction is that there's no reason for Syal to have met either of them, but TK's point about Face is a good one ... there's certainly no reason why they couldn't have, either! I guess the thing I'd consider is their ages, because they're probably all about the same age. So if Syal met Mara in the Imperial court, it would be when they were in their late teens or early twenties, after Syal had run away and become an actress, right? And Luke probably could only have met her during the time that Baron Fel was in Rogue Squadron, assuming that Fel and Syal were married or at least knew each other during that time, which I also can't remember. Hope my ramblings are slightly helpful. I think it's about my bedtime.

22. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Artemis and TK have a good night if you're going to bed! :)

TK I'm sure I'll post in the weekends,though I'm often going out of the city!!! Have a good concert,you certainly get much fun!!! [face_laugh]

23. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Ah have not much thought about my new sig right now,but I'm sure I'll,thanks Hope for your advice. I also think it will be something out of the books.

24. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Artemis: Thanks for your ramblings, they added to mine. So, I had to post again.

Mara and Syal/Wynssa were not the same age. Syal was older than Wedge, by how much I don't know. Still they could have met. Just don't know when.

As for Luke meeting Wynssa, no. That never happened or could have. Luke really wasn't with the Rogues at this time though I could be wrong. Wynssa disappeared about the time or shortly after Fel defected. So she went MIA and it was unknow as to what happened to her. She was presumed dead. Fel disappeared shortly after. Wedge had no idea what had happened to either which is why he was chasing after the Fel imitator(Tetran Cowall) in Solo Command. To find info on his sister. Of course it's a dead end. Luke found Fel in VotF, but I doubt he knew or learned about Wynssa/Syal. They(L&M) kept it secret anyways.

Imagine Wedge's shock when a young man by the name of Jagged Fel is brought to him. This answers his questions about Fel and his sister.=)

Hope this helps and proves I'm hopless SW addict.=)

~The Insane One(who just biffed his study for tonight!)

25. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Ah I like polls :D

Oh I've to say Shadows of the Empire. It's while I like the relationship Vader/Luke so much. And I like how deep in his heart vader loved Luke and tried to protect him. A foreshadow to the events on Endor and saving his son from a certain death. :)

CURE MARA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.