main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan club- reborn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thanos6, Nov 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi TK Sysal or Wynssa is the same person?? Oh yeah certainly sorry for the stupid question,but in which book is she???

2. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    2) What little-used characters interest you the most?

Well for me it has to be Malindza Thanas,the daughter of Gaeri. Hope to see more of her in the upcoming novel for a possible addition to the Skywalker family,and as a future Jedi apprentice.
    And second R2d2 I like him very much.I think he should play a bigger role in the NJO imo :)

3. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    3) What phase of Mara's life would you most like to see a Tale or Comic about?

Well I've said my wish in an earlier post,but I'll post it again,no problem.

The adventures of Talon Karrde and Mara.I think it would be great to see how Mara manage the smuggler organization and getting some insight how to run and how to trade with several people and planets and enemies.I mean they might get and sell also topsecrets,so its certainly connected with adventures :)

And I'm curious if Mara does have a little romance with some one else.I mean she met certainly many men and I could imagine there will be perhaps one who fascínating her a little :)

4. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    4) What song makes you think of Luke and/or Mara? (I know we've done this before, but not for a while)

Well the song I think was the best for Luke and Mara was a certain song by Celine Dion.I cann't remember the title though,but I've posted the lyric here on board awhile ago.

You know I'm gonne try to get it again and post it here.It's a beautiful song I think

5. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Frodo: I'll answer your Q's quick. Otherwise I gotta jet!

Syal Antilles is Wynssa Starflare. She ran awy from her family(Wedge and their parents), as she didn't want to work at the fueling depot. So she ran away from home and became an actress. She took the name of Wynssa Starflare. She played in a lot of Imperial Holodrama's(or whatnot). So she did propganda work for them unwitingly. She worked with Garik "Face" Loran in at least one of them.

As far as I know Wynssa/Syal has never been in a book or comic directly(unless it was a DH Rogue Squadron comic). She has only been mentioned by name and mostly by Wedge himself. Who spent years hunting for his missing sister.

Hope it helps. See you later Frodo, MJFC'ers.

~The Insane One

6. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks TK! Geez didn't find the lyric anymore thought it was such a cool song for them regarding their relationship.But anyway try to get some more songs and their tittle and lyrics though.Give me only more time,cuz I've lost all my info stuff. :(

7. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    About getting a copy of Conquest earlier.I'm curious if the fans in the UK be able to get it earlier again like the other books before. :D also M-J run !! :)

8. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Got this from the main page.I wonder how old the Skycrawler will be at the end of the NJO!! Anyone a idea??

1. Vector Prime, by R. A. Salvatore.
    2. Dark Tide I: Onslaught, by Michael A. Stackpole
    3. Dark Tide II: Ruin, by Michael A. Stackpole
    4. Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial, by James Luceno
    5. Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse, by James Luceno
    6. Balance Point, by Kathy Tyers
    7. Edge of Victory I: Conquest, by Greg Keyes (Apr 2001, paperback)
    8. Edge of Victory II: Rebirth, by Greg Keyes (Aug 2001, paperback)
    9. Star by Star, by Troy Denning (Oct 2001, hardcover) 10. Dark Journey , by Elaine Cunningham (Feb 2002, paperback)
    11. Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream by Aaron Allston (Apr 2002, paperback)
    12. Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand by Aaron Allston (Aug 2002, paperback) 13. Traitor, by Matthew Woodring Stover (Oct 2002, paperback)
    14. Title forthcoming, by Walter Jon Williams (Nov 2002, hardcover)
    15. Force Heretic I: Remnant, by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (Mar 2003, paperback)
    16. Force Heretic II: Refugee, by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (Jun 2003, paperback)
    17. Force Heretic III: Reunion, by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (Aug 2003, paperback)

9. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hm here's the url of an interview with Troy Denning.
    And Ghentz (Jedinet.com) already updated his Lit.section. For those who didn?t read it,here you go.

http://jedinet.com/literature/

http://www.wizards.com/books/main.asp?x=forgottenrealms/articles/denningprofile,2&b=forgottenrealms

10. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    1) What's your favorite EU book that does not feature Mara?
    -various SWAJ stories and all the X-Wing novels and TAB

2) What little-used characters interest you the most?
    -Ghent, Shada, Winter, Karrde, Kam, Alex Winger, Baron Fel and family, Myn/Lara, Vima Sunrider

3) What phase of Mara's life would you most like to see a Tale or Comic about?
    -the years between VOTF & VP (the early days of married life, trainging w/Luke and then Jaina), the time right after TLC and up until JAT, pre-EH days (I know she would only be a child, but I always wondered what kind of child she was and what her family life was like)

4) What song makes you think of Luke and/or Mara? (I know we've done this before, but not for a while)
    -So many to choose from (probably any of the songs mentioned in this thread)

<So there is a chance she met the Emperor and his court, including Mara Jade>.

Well, in that case, I wonder if Mara had ever met Face...

TK:
    I can't remember if I read this in one of the Wraith novels or in a RS comic, but I'm pretty sure Syal is ten years older than Wedge. The only thing Syal appeared in was the comic THE MAKING OF BARON FEL. She's mentioned several times in various books and comics, but only appeared in TMOBF. This is one of my favorite comics, I highly recommend it.

Frodo:
    I think the Skycrawler will probably be around 2 or so at the end of the series.

Marie:
    <I would also really appreciate knowing the answer to his question. There was an X-wing comic that delt with Soontir Fel (and his brother?) but I've never read it. I need this information for I, Jagged. We're well underway with Part IV.>

Are you thinking of FAMILY TIES? It was a two issue comic dealing with the kidnapping of Fel's nephew. It was also the first time we saw Corran & Iella in a comic. What info do you need?

11. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Two years old?? Oooooh how sweet [face_laugh]
    I'm sure Luke will be a proud daddy. :)

2)What little-used characters interest you the most

I forgot all the Jedi like Kam,Tionne,etc.would like to see more of the Jedi and their apprentices in the NJO!!! How they live,info on schools, freetime,sports etc etc

12. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Good morning!

Thanks for answering the poll and speculating about the Fels everyone!

TK: Good point about Syal possibly meeting Mara in Palpy's court. She probably wouldn't remeber her though; I get the feeling Mara always tended to be in the background. (Less obtrusive) If Syal is 10 years older than Wedge, she'd be about 8 years older than Mara, right?

Hope: Yes, the "Family Ties" one is what I meant. You said that Syal was only in "The Making of Baron Fel" Okay, did she get a chance to talk to Wedge in either of those? I wanted to know if shd had met Luke (but since he was no longer in RS at the time it's not likely.) But if she got to talk to Wedge, she might at least know that he and Luke are friends.

13. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey everyone!! I only wanne say I'm going out with my friends now,so I may see you probably tomorrow hopefullly. If not I wish ya a nice day/weekend!

[face_laugh] :D :) :( ?[face_plain] [face_love] :cool: :_| :eek:

14. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Marie:
    I doubt Luke ever met Syal and he may not have even known that Wedge had a sister until much much later.

No, Wedge did not speak to Syal in TMOBF. And I'm guessing that the last time he spoke to his sister was before she left Corellia (unless there was a reuion that took place off-screen).

If Mara ever meet anyone like Syal or Face, then she was most likely introduced as one of Palpatine's dancers (or something like that).

15. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    We wont get Conquest here in the UK until two days later i.e Apr5.

16. Prof_D_Kirke

Prof_D_Kirke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Thanks you guys for the info on Mara, Luke and the Fel's.

TK: We're trying to keep I, Jagged as "true" as possible. If they have never met we'll just have to be more creative.

Marie's coming home for the weekend so maybe we'll get IV done. You guys are going to like the next section of I, Jagged. It's maybe 1/2 to 2/3 done. It looks like it'll be at least 6 chapters now. I'm going to have to try my hand at least once more on a battle scene. Those of you who have read I, Jagged III: Spike Squadron, remember the fun with Aurora Trader? We'll we'll have more fun things to try to figure out in the coming posts.

I could give you hints about IV, but It'll depend on if Marie lets me or not. If I get the go ahead I'll tease you a bit with hints. :D You'll love it!

17. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    Answers to Maries poll

1.My fav book would have to be the Courtship of Princess Leia. I found this book very funny

2.I Liked to see more about Mirax and some of the other Jedi like Tionne and Kam.

3.More of the time when she was the Emperors Hand and in book form not comic.

4.The only song that comes to mind at the moment is Bryan Adams Everything I do, I do it for you, its from the film Robin Hood, its a bit sappy but I like it.

18. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    Oh, I like that song too! I don't care if it's sappy! :) Luke and Mara probably slow-dance to it when they think no one's watching!

TK, thanks for improving upon my ramblings regarding Syal and everyone else. I never knew all this ... now I'm thinking she's one of those little-used characters I'd like to see in a book!

Marie and PDK, I'm definitely looking forward to your next chapter of fanfic -- hidden references, creative liberties with the Fel family, and all!

19. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    stay on topic. Mara Jade. I don't want to close the topic, but too many chat topics are starting to monopolize the top of the forum.

20. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 1999
    Okay what did you think of Mara Jade's portrayal in the Fan Film "The Dark Redemption"? Available on this website under "Short films" it gives her a boyfriend, a mission, and a beutiful beutiful actress with great talent and some cool special effects.

But it gives a very disturbing portrayal.

21. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    But DL we are mostly on topic. Okay we've off topics too,but we just were talking about what sort of music Mara/luke fits and if Mara have ever met the sister of Wedge in her life. But thanks for the warning though.We'll be more carefull now.

22. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hm I've never view the Dark Redemption,Im sorry.I only have seen the pictures of the actress that had portrayel Mara Jade in that movie.What I dislike most of it,is that she wears that auburn hair (out of the KJA books).But perhaps was that haircolor only a sort of disguise ???

Charlemagne "Available on this website under "Short films" it gives her a boyfriend,"

Mara and a boyfriend well that's interesting,you mean another than Lando???
    Who is it? :)

23. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Here's a very cool depiction of Mara Jade and Luke in action. Probably it was Mara Jade in her time as the Emperors Hand vs Luke or Mara Jade trained by her favor JediMaster Luke skywalker [face_laugh]

http://members.tripod.com/~LMS_/lukemmisc2.htm

24. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    Nice link, MJFrodo. that is very interesting. brings up all sorts of possibilities.

i think we are all keeping on topic for the most part.

Mazzic, sorry about the DH response. unfortunately i like some of the
    comics, but am not a huge fan of them for various reasons. i hope you can
    convince them though. Good luck. i support you in your efforts.

want to see all of your fics, TK and everybody. Bring 'em on!

25. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    re Money. Luke probably doesn't have or need money, like the Jedi in the JA. he probably got the
    proceeds from Owen & Beru's estate (after the Emperor is defeated) , but doubt he'd touch any of Vader's
    money/leftovers. He'd give that to charity. so how does he come by the ship
    for Mara? must have some way of it. Maybe there are benefactors
    of the JA who provide him with much or maybe even the Senate gives a budget?
    Leia helps him out too. Mara probably does have a good stash, and i'd say
    she doesn't buy a new ship cause she feels she doesn't need one, she's
    content in not having one. Though when Luke gives her the new one, she does
    enjoy it and appreciates it because it's from him, it has new meaning than
    before (and her feet do get restless at times). Maybe someone gives the ship to Luke who rejects it but then thinks he will give it to Mara.

"I don't need another ship." She is walking around the ship, checking it
    out.

"No, but it might come in useful," notes Luke, grinning cause he knows she is pleased.
    "Let's take her for a spin."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.