main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan club- reborn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thanos6, Nov 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    1) What's your favorite EU book that does not feature Mara?
    TAB, though I haven't read much of Rogue Squadron or Wraiths, but I plan to pick up Starfighters of Adumar.

2) What little-used characters interest you the most? Winter & Tycho, Kam Solusar, Syal would be cool to learn about. can't think of more now.

3) What phase of Mara's life would you most like to see a Tale or Comic
    about?
    -the years between VOTF & VP (the early days of married life, trainging
    w/Luke and then Jaina), the time right after TLC and up until JAT.

A Luke/Mara story during the time of her training, either with Kyle Katarn or Luke. and a Jaina/Mara adventure. Mara's life becoming a Jedi - going to train, refraining - why does she run away - and going back to it.
    Not nec. her time with Karrde (sorry I didn't like Jade Solitaire).

- Also a story of her time with Mirax during YJK/JJK timeline, i.e., what was she doing training? or training and then taking on Jaina...
    - also more of Mara as Emperor's Hand, training to be the Hand. (sorry if i'm being redundant).

4) What song makes you think of Luke and/or Mara? (I know we've done this
    before, but not for a while

- can't think of one right now. "Precious Little Angel" by Annie Lennox made me think of Mara and the Skycrawler.

i have another cheesy fanfic idea:
    R2D2 and the Skycrawler: Luke and Mara train/program R2 to adjust to the
    baby, i.e., control your squeaks and whistles. Never wake a sleeping baby!
    he can play lullabies.... awwww. do you think it's too cheesy to imagine
    R2 projecting holos on wall above baby to keep him occupied, quiet, etc,
    like a mobile... Luke "Thank you R2, you are a lifesaver." as baby
    falls asleep for his nap. heh heh.

2. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi GirlJedi good to see ya.!

Re: money for the Jade Sabre:

You know I suppose that Luke received alot money as wedding gifts from the NR and several grateful people for his help to save the NR. It?s was a very public and prominent wedding,so I think there were a lot of friends, Governments,prominents, that could help him out in this case. I don?t think that Luke was rich at all.(Correlian trilogie)And GirlJedi made a good point regarding the money of Darth Vader. Even if Leia and Luke got that money,they?d refused to take it,cause it stinks from the blood of many innocents.So I doubt it too yet, if there were people who donated and spent the money for the JediAcademy,that Luke could take and increased this for his private bankaccount. It?s a question of morality imo.
    I don?t know how much a ship cost from the size of the Jedi Sabre,but more than 10.000 credits I think. Perhaps more than Luke usually can effort. But I do agree with TK that he didn?t spent much money for himself, so he could have some money on his bankaccount,but I don?t know if it was enough for that ship.

Ah Artemis thanks I forgot it was the Vong that caused the lost of her ship.This said did anyone of you remember that Mara was depressed, when she lost her ship the Jade Sabre?? I haven?t,I mean it was a gift from her husband,and it should certainly mean alot to her. I think on that matter she should be much more sentimental,I remember that she took a picture of Luke with her (Union) Hm hope it make sense what I?ve said here. And yeah it?s a pity that that ship is lost now.

A nice quote out of VP:
    They saw Luke across the way,then,offering a wave and moving with Mara into the Jadesabre,R2-D2ing along behind them.a few min.later,cleared by the tower,the green-hued ship blasted away,disappearing from sight in a matter of seconds.
    ?Quick ship,? Lando remarked.
    ?You think Luke would give Mara anything less??? Han asked.
    Lando looked up at the empty sky where the Jade Sabre had just departed,and nodded.

GirlJedi I like your ideas for R2-D2 and the Skywalker family. [face_laugh]

Cure MARA!!! [face_laugh]

3. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey Ive found a cool url in the FanArt Forum. Another SW fan posted this,its a cool depictions of several charactere like Tionne, Tirana Ki,Callista and of course MARA JADE. More below,page 2.

http://www.starwarscards.net/pages/swfscan2.html

CURE MARA

4. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Hi everybody!

I've decided to stop by to do two things:

1) Tell you guys how much I miss you! :D

2) and show you the lyrics of Aerosmith's new song, JADED!

=================================
    Aerosmith, JADED

Hey
    Ja ja jaded
    You gotch yo mama's style
    But you're yesterday's child to me
    So jaded
    You think that's where it's at but is that where it's suposed to be
    You're gettin' it all over me
    X - rated

My my baby blue
    Yeah I been thinkin bout you
    My my baby blue
    Yeah your so jaded
    And I'm the one that jaded you

Hey
    Ja ja jaded
    In all it's misery
    It will always be what I love
    And hated
    And maybe take a ride to the other side
    We're thinkin' of
    We'll slip into the velvet glove
    And be jaded

My my baby blue
    Yeah I'm thinkin' 'bout you
    My my baby blue
    Yeah I'm so jaded
    And baby I'm afraid a you

Your thinkin's so complicated
    I've had it all up to here
    But it's so overrated
    Love and hate it
    Wouldn't trade it
    Love me jaded

Hey
    Ja ja jaded
    There ain't no baby please
    When I'm shootin' the breeze with her
    When everything you see is a blur
    And extasy's what you prefer

My my baby blue
    (blue blue blue blue yeah)
    Yeah I'm talkin' 'bout you
    My my baby blue
    (blue blue blue blue yeah)
    Yeah I've been thinkin' 'bout you
    My my baby blue
    Yeah you're so jaded
    (Jaded)
    Jaded
    (Jaded)
    Your so jaded
    Cause I'm the one that jaded you

What do you think? Does it remind you of Mara? Or not?

TRMJ :)

5. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    Frodo - I have a set of those cards and totally forgot that Mara was on one of them, its such a good card of her.

6. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Okay, I'm back. Don't know if anyone noticed I was gone - but I hated being away from the Mara Jade Fan Club for so long. I'm too devoted to Mara (and you guys). J

There's a lot for me to catch up on. First off, I'd like to apologize for raunching everyone out. Sorry.

Okay, so I'm not good at apologizing. I'll quickly change the subject instead:

1) What's your favorite EU book that does not feature Mara?
    - That does not feature Mara? I actually really liked the 'Black Fleet Crisis' series. Us Mara Jade fans always complain about not having much Mara Jade - but a lot of the books DO have Mara in them. My favorite book is probably 'Balance Point' or 'I, Jedi.' I still love the 'Thrawn Trilogy' as well as the 'Hand of Thrawn' books, but those don't count. Other authors need a chance to be at first with me! (Zahn rocks!)

2) What little-used characters interest you the most?
    - This is a hard one! Yeah, right. The most little-used character that interests me the most is?MAZZIC!! I thought he was awesome after reading 'The Last Command' and once illustrated in Dark Horse's 'The Last Command' comic, he instantly became my 2nd favorite SW character. Just wish there was more of him - and that more people liked him. A Mazzic fan club wouldn't last 3 hours?
    - I also really like Shada D'ukal, Wynassa Starflare (Syal Antilles-Fel), and Elegos.

3) What phase of Mara's life would you most like to see a Tale or Comic about?
    - Coming from me, this should be absolutely no surprise for those of you that know me?Mara as the Emperor's Hand! I've said it before, so I won't bore you guys with details this time, but Mara during the Rise of the Empire era fascinates me?

4) What song makes you think of Luke and/or Mara? (I know we've done this before, but not for a while)
    - Don't know how many people will agree, but I think the song 'The Right Kind of Wrong' by Leanne Rimes (from the 'Coyote Ugly' soundtrack) really sums up Mara's relationship shortly before she disappears in the 'Hand of Thrawn' books. Summing it up, loving Luke isn't something Mara wants to do at the time. She knows that if she falls for him, she'd have to commit to commitment. She knows that she should 'try to be strong.' Every time Mara tries to run, Luke is the one she runs into. (My favorite line from the song.) She knows it is inevitable, so he's the 'Right Kind of Wrong.'

Do you guys agree, or have any idea what I'm saying? Should I post the lyrics?

Okay, concerning Mara having met Syal in the Imperial Court. I think it is possible. Or at least, Mara had seen (and/or knew) who Syal was. After all, Syal was a famous actress. I think it's definitely possible.

On a side note - I started two new threads at Wizards of the Coast's message boards. If you'd like to request some Mara Jade fiction, or statistics etc. from the Role Playing game, head on over to http://boards.wizards.com/

Dealing with Mara and being wealthy and what not?I don't think she's rich. I mean, she might be a trader, but I doubt she's rich. I'm not saying she's poor either. To me, Mara is the sort of person that would have small stashes of money around the galaxy if she ever needed to run again. This time, she'd be ready. I don't think money means that much to Mara. What good would being rich do her? I doubt it would make her happy. And I bet Mara would use the money she earned to buy more state-of-the-art equipment.

That is one thing that I think is awesome - all of Mara's state-of-the-art equipment she could (and would) have used as the Emperor's Hand. I bet she used all sorts of high-tech stuff, both prototypes and before-mass-produced equipment.

Anyway, I'll be back later. Glad to be back!

-Maz

7. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    For those of you that are following along with my Mara Jade "Emperor's Hand Photoshoot," I've posted some stuff about the holster I'm making. Any in-put would be great.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1980291

Thanks.

-Mazzic

Keep checking back for some more costume sketeches of a possible 'wetsuit' outfit, as well as my sketch for a hiking get-up and "Hoth snowsuit."

8. Prof_D_Kirke

Prof_D_Kirke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    GirlJedi: Love the fanfic idea. We may see that show up soon *hint* *hint* Marie...

TRMJ: Hi! Haven't seen you forever! I love the song Jaded. It really reminds me of Mara.

Mazzic: It's okay, we all get upset sometimes. I've always had a hard time picturing Mara's arm-holster. Its alway been difficult for me to figure out how it would work. I like the idea of a Hoth outfit.

I doubt Mara is rich too. I'm sure she has money it's just that I cant picture Luke or Her being rich. I'm guessing that they get some kind of income being Jedi Knights. Maybe they do promo's. "Hi, I'm Jedi Knight Kyp Durron, when I need an energy boost, I take Jedi Gulp, the best soft drink in the Galaxy!"

9. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    No, please, no promos! I don't think Jedi Knights should be on the payroll of corporations!

The lyrics of "Jaded" are interesting ... I'll have to hear that sometime! And Mazzic, go ahead and post the lyrics to "Right Kind of Wrong," too! Even if I hear it, I won't understand half the lyrics anyway. Always have that problem.

I guess it isn't that I think Luke and Mara are rolling in money -- I definitely don't think Luke is -- but I think they're both entirely comfortable, and Mara could probably get anything she wanted -- but there's never been any sign that money is what makes her happy; I think she probably gives to charities and saves for any nifty gadgets she wants.

Frodo, thanks for the link to those cards. I've never really liked the illustrations in the Guide to Characters, so I'm not wild about those pictures (including the one of Mara -- she looks too flouncy), but it's neat to see illustrated some of those characters who don't get much attention.

Regarding the loss of the Jade Sabre, it probably did upset Mara to lose such a wonderful gift from Luke, but remember, she was running for her life -- for three days in a row -- at the time. (This is when the Vong were pursuing her and Anakin on Dantooine.) I don't think she really had time to worry about the ship -- once she and Anakin realized it was no longer available to them as an escape, they had to concentrate on just staying alive and wouldn't have given it a second thought.

10. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    For those interested, I've started a thread in the Art Forum with my Mara Jade art.

Of course, at the moment, there is only one pic, a work in progress of Mara Jade in her wedding dress.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2279281

Go over there, and tell me what you think!

Thanks!

-Mazzic

11. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    good to have you back, Mazzic. I'll have to check out those comics links in your photoshoot thread later.
    not sure how she works out the arm holster thing.

Same here for wanting to see Mara as the Emperor's Hand and also right after ROTJ until the time she meets Karrde.

TRMJ: thanks for posting the lyrics to Jaded. Definitely make me think of Mara.

Seems like those cards are taken from the old Essential Guide to Characters.

12. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Good morning!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my poll. :)

TRMJ: Thanks for posting the lyrics to "Jaded." For me, that song has always seemed like it could be the thoughts of the Emporer while gloating over his "creation." Maybe not the "baby blue" part (although that could relate to her initial sadness about losing her parents) but a lot of the rest fits. He was the one who jaded her. He turned her into something useful to him, but I doubt very seriously it was what she or her parents would have wanted her to do with her life. Okay, I'm rambling. I'll stop.

Mazic: I liked your picture of Mara in the wedding dress. Further comments are in the appropriate forum.

Frodo: Thanks for the link to the cards. Some of them were interesting, but others were a bit odd. I did not like their depiction of Callista at all. However, that's another discussion. Mara looked a bit too peter-panish, but I liked the fact that Luke was in the background of her card. [face_love]!

PDK: [face_laugh] at the thought of Kyp doing infomercials! I seriously doubt Luke or Mara would do such a thing (Kyp either, unless he completely breaks off from the main Jedi order) although I'm sure they'll be asked to endorse baby products once Skycrawler arrives. ;)

Artemis: I liked your comments about L&M's financial state. Also, your insights about Mara's feelings toward the Jade's Saber were nice. VP wasn't my favorite book, but that's a nice subtlety I hadn't noticed. Mara has matured somewhat in that loosing a ship, even one with the sentimental value of a gift from her husband, doesn't affect her like it did in VOTF. She recognized that there were more important issues then (like fleeing from the Vong!)

General Question: Considering DL's warning, do you guys think it would be appropriate to continue with the tales of the MJFC? I will restrict myself to Mara-related topics so if and when people write them, it's appropriate to this thread because it would be speculation about her past. Do you think that would be okay? I don't want to get us into trouble.

13. Prof_D_Kirke

Nov 18, 2000
    Artemis: I doubt that they are rich too. Maybe just well off enough that they dont have to worry about financial problems...

Frodo: I didnt really care for the characterizations on the cards.

Mazzic: I like the dress, very pretty.

Marie: Hope you had a good time home this weekend ;). Mara and Luke doing Jedi Baby Clothes commercials that'd be funny. About Tales, We should either stick to just Mara related or hold off on them for a bit.

14. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Ugh, who hit me with a two by four? I'm tired and out of it today and still extremly grouchy. Oh well, same old, same old for me.=)

You know, I keep tons of lines in my dialouge for these situations. I'm Anti-Authority through and through. Doesn't mean I'm an anarchist or revolutionist though. Just the way that I am. Now to my lines, [censored] the rules, [censored-censored] THE RULES! [cesnored] the system! Breaking the law, breaking the law! Hmmmm, the last and best one, but that ones pushing it. These are just against the rules, not the people behind the rules. Where my last one is. Lets just say my favorite band used it to Hijack a show and play an extra 20 minutes.=)

Anti-Authority attachment B: My statements may get me banned, but I will not go quietly into the night(thread lock). I'll rage till the dying of the light. Anyways, this is the EU Forum right? We talk EU in here, so whats the crime? I don't mind the other threads but I say it seems haters and flamers are common. No matter what you post some one will try to dis it. I said this to The Gatherer once, which is why I like it here. We RESPECT one another and their opinons. We say our pieces and we disagree friendly, not just saying it sucks, we hate it and more. We are polit. Which is the reason I like it here. If we posted some of this stuff out on the boards we'd get tons of grief over it. No matter what. So what I'm considering is starting a Yahoo Group where we can do what we want or I'm going to start a new super thread. The EU Character Thread, where we can talk any EU character(No true set topic, just discussion!). I'd try and keep it the positive though. If they want to gripe at our thread, then they can go to the EU Hater Community or something. Otherwise I'd try to get their comments deleted. To be fair anyone is welcome.

You all game? If you are, I'll fire it up soon and personally invite every thread(fanclub and charcter ones to join in the discussion). My main rule would just be no negative flak. Unless its within reason., like polite disagreements and arguments. Try to asvoid doing this to much though. See what I can do.

$$$$$(again)-'Kay, I was probably saying it wrong and what not. I guess I'm more like your opinons. I did not try to say that L&M were Millonaires or anything, I was just TRYING to say that they were well off. They don't have money to burn though. What if they were rich though, hmmmmm. L&M could buy a Super Star Destroyer and blast anyone out of the universe that tried to kidnap their child. Though I doubt they would.

Tales: I don't know. If it all goes straight L&M, it would ruin it to me. It would last a short while and die off. The other topics make it intresting where we have choices. Where with all Mara our topic well would go dry fast. Sorry, so I don't know.

I'll be around no matter what. E-mail me, ICQ me if you have it(E and ICQ are in my profile), PM me, msg me here on the board. I'll be around even IF I do get banned.

~The Insane Ranting One

15. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi everyone,and a warm welcome for TRMJ and Mazzic,glad to see ya back. I'm agreed with your new thread TK if we cann't keep this one,the way we want.I mean I thought we were mostly on topic here.I think we can say it's a Mara related topic,when we for example talking about Luke her husband.Why? Cuz he's a part of her life,he had share with her a lot. Even Corran or Mirax are sometimes Mara related,cuz somethímes they share with Mara some adventures. Or even in Union her weddingparty etc.
    I don't have much time,and check out the other post and PM tomorrow.

CURE MARA

16. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Thanks Frodo.

Like I said that is my main problem. True this thread should be mostly MJ related. But is it a crime to discuss other EU stuff in here. IMO, NO. Why? It's EU related. Not like we wander around horribly bad. Now if we were constantly talking music, news, problems, etc. Then I could see the problem.

Whatever I guess. I just think that if we do discuss other EU it shouldn't be a problem. It's discussion, not just chatting. We do try and stay on topic the best we can, but it's hard. No real new MJ news until Conquest. Then Rebirth. So we kill time and talk about what we can, even other EU. Oh well. I'll wait for others to see and I'll work on it. We may start a whole new thread for ALL characters so we won't be off topic in the slightest.

~The Insane One

17. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    My mainproblem is that I'm tired from reading in other threads from several posters that the MJFC are one of the most off topic talking clubs in Lit.
    Talk to you later!!!

Have a nice day

18. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    TK - I like the idea of our own Yahoo club, if you start one I'd definately join.

I always thought we were on topic when we discuss stuff, I don't understand what happened to warrent a warning!!!!

19. Prof_D_Kirke

Nov 18, 2000
    I'd like to know why we got the warning. I'd like examples of times when we were "off topic". I've looked at other Fan Clubs (but I wont name which ones) and found that they are off topic at points too. I'll join a Yahoo club too if you start it TK.

20. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    This is an interesting quandry. The title of our thread is "Mara Jade Fan club-reborn!" Does that restrict us to discussing only Mara? From my point of view it does not. The posters here are fans of Mara, so we look at Literature and the EU in general from that viewpoint. If we are in "trouble" for discussing EU characters other than Mara, personally I don't think that is off topic.

One of the main reasons I love this club is that it is friendly. As TK said, we discuss things without flaming each other--disagreements are allowed but polite. That is not a characteristic of the Lit board as a whole. (I wish it were.)

If the problem has been the Tales of the MJFC (because they might be viewed as more FanFic than literature) we could easily move that "Contest" over to the fanfic forum.

If the problem is that we sometimes talk about our personal lives, I understand. However, rarely do we post purely socially (at least in my memory. If I'm wrong, someone please point it out to me.) More often than not, someone will let us know what's going on if it affects their ability to post/participate in discussions. Or if their life is related to the discussion in a meaningful way. (Example: someone's pregnancy relates to the fact that Mara is expecting)

I truly hope the MJFC does not close. If it does, I would be more than happy to join a Yahoo group, TK.

Perhaps we need to set clearer boundaries for this group. What are our "goals"? What is considered on-topic?

~Random thoughts of another lunatic.

21. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
  22. neimoidian_85

Dec 30, 1999
  23. neimoidian_85

Dec 30, 1999
  24. Prof_D_Kirke

Nov 18, 2000
    neimoidian_85: Why are you annoyed?

Marie: I agree with what you're saying. I feel more comfortable talking to people here because I'm not going to be insulted for stating my views.

25. General_H_Storm

General_H_Storm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2001
    I hope you don't mean like Club Jade. They're too exclusive for my tastes. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.