main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan club- reborn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thanos6, Nov 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran9

Corran9 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I'm almost afraid to post here...but I just want to say that I too am a Mara Jade fan. I like the way she's got Luke whipped. Although being a man I shouldn't admit I like the idea of a man being whipped, but OH WELL.

2. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    Greetings. I'm new at this so all the stuff on Yahoo e-groups is making no sense....anyway about the missions thing I think Mara would have been able to go on missions for the Emporer at about 9 or 10. I mean it really depends mainly on when he got her under his control but If he bagan her training at a very young age, say one to three, she could have been ready for simple missions seven and might have been able to do complex work by nine or ten. Palpatine would probally have maintained less contact with her as she got more experienced. that's my take on it anyway. Oooops storm's coming gotta go.

By the way....I thought Mara WAS cured in the end of the monstrasity of Hero's Trial, maybe I got it wrong.

MARA JADE SKYWALKER ROCKS!!!!!!!!

3. Prof_D_Kirke

Prof_D_Kirke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Corran9: Mara's one of the strong women of the GFFA.

Tallie: Mara is in remission. The stuff Vergerie(sp?) gave her helped but didn't cure her.

4. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Welcome on board Corran9 and Tallie! Good to see some other Mara fans. :D
    Join in whenever you can.
    Tallie the Yahoogroup is for all Mara fans ,if you like to join and want to know more,please PM Marie,PDK or TK.
    I?m sure you?d like it to be there. :)
    Hope and M-J thanks!!
    Good to see some of the MJFCers :)
    GirlJedi,I understand that you need a break sometimes.
    Hope you can comeback soon.
    Marie, it?s certainly not a bad idea to have the tales in the Yahoogroup. Hope I can join you as soon as possible.
    Sounds like a very nice place.

Thanks to everyone who has respond to my question.
    To respond to my own question what age Mara served the Emperor.Well I can imagine as soon as possible.
    The Emperor doesn?t have scrupel to taken her from her parents on young age. And he need some experiences and proofs wheter she?s skilled enough to do what he desires.So I agreed with everyone who said that she was send on several missions. I think on the assinating people about 14/15 year. Before she probably got one of the most hardest training and lessons. I agreed with Hope,she probably have to spy etc. I think she was very good and fast learning pupil.

Long live MARA JADE SKYWALKER!!!
    CURE MARA

5. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Ah well some other questions for the weekend!! Hope someone respond to it :)

1)Do you think that the Emperor would killed Mara if she was not that what he had expected from her,I mean regarding skills,motivation etc???

2) In Balance Point we can read that Mara regret what she have done for Palpatine.
    Do you think that she should NOT feel responsible for her deeds,because Palpatine has manipulated and misguided her,whenever he could??

CURE MARA!!

6. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Hey Frodo! To answer your questions:

1)Do you think that the Emperor would killed Mara if she was not that what he had expected from her,I mean regarding skills,motivation etc???
    Yes. You're right about him having no scruples. I don't think he had any special affection for Mara, he just valued her because she was trustworthy and useful.

2) In Balance Point we can read that Mara regret what she have done for Palpatine.
    Do you think that she should NOT feel responsible for her deeds, because Palpatine has manipulated and misguided her, whenever he could??
    I'm glad she feels remorseful. It's true that the Emporer's influence caused her to do the horrible things (which is why they weren't of the Dark Side--she wasn't doing them for selfish reasons). But I think she should still feel somewhat responsible. When she committed the acts she may not have known that they were wrong. Now she understands, so I think remorse is appropriate. However, I would not have her dwell on it too much because she cannot change the past.

7. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    Sithspit then I got all happy for nothing! For crying out loud, those stupid Vong, Mara deserves to be healed, I mean come on.

Would the Empoer have killed Mara? In a heart beat! Well at least at first, see it's my take that he had several "potential hands" or personal killers to start with, he kept the promising ones and ridded himself of the rest. Now as far as I know Mara never failed him until he asked her to kill Luke, I think since she'de been so faithful or because he had better things to do he decided to give her another chance, but had she failed when she was younger...BOOM!

Mara should be sorry for what she did but she should also take into account that she was under darkside influence, she really didn't have much choice in the matter in my opinion. So I don't think she should dwell on her past deeds, there isn't much she can do about it now.

I'm sure you've discussed this already but....What do you think Luke and Mara's kid will look like? What should they name him/her?

8. Lucars

Lucars Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    hey all,I,m new here and thought as big as this thing is it seemed the best place to say Hi to the most amount of you. By the way I think Mara Jade is a lot better than Callista. IMO

9. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    Ok.....so I guess you guys aren't hanging out on this site right now...Well I'll just answer my own question and present you my opinion.

I think Mara and Luke should name their son Pix, now bear with me, the kid should have an original name and I think Pix fits, it's just cool like that. I think if they have a son he'll have curly red hair and blue eyes. That's my take. Now I'll go on the "Han and Leia" chat thingie and argue with them.

CURE MARA FOR FORCE'S SAKE!

10. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Hi, Tallie. :D

More Han and Leia in the EU

D'oh! Wrong thread. :D

11. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    Awwww, Yanksfan, now you're playing my game! See this is why I have to go to the "More Han and Leia" chat, these people aren't talking much....maybe it's my choice of topic, hmmm something more to consider.

Mara Jade Rocks, so cure her already!

Mara and Luke..YEAH!

12. Prof_D_Kirke

Prof_D_Kirke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Hi all, sorry I havent been around for a day or so...

I think that whatever they name Skycrawler it will be fine. I'm not really worried.

13. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Welcome to you too Lucars,join in whenever you like :)

Tallie,I'm sorry but most of the Mara fans are caught to Darth Real Life in the weekends or already moving to the Mara Jade Egroup!! :D

We already discussed several names and the look for Mara's boychild.But that's awhile ago. But most of us would like to have the name Nathan,Talon for example, but not the name Ben. As for the look my choice would be blond hair and green eyes.I'm unsure about the baby having red hair and blue eyes.I don't think I'd like that combination for a boy,sorry !! :D
    Hmm Pix Skywalker?? An unusual name for the son of Mara :)
    I guess we can expect his name mentioning in the novel Conquest,not in Rebirth! I mean there's a chance that luke and Mara already discussed his name like many others parents did!! :D

CURE MARA

14. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hello again asking for Mara Jade fans who'd like to see some new Mara comics. Please reply to this thread in the messageboard of Dark Horse!
    Perhaps when enough Mara fans sign in, Dark Horse would listen to us. [face_laugh]

http://www.darkhorse.com/community/boards/topic.tpl?_messageID=3288082530248

CURE MARA

ps something have I done wrong :(
    Posted my message as a reply to Mastadge and Marie's post oooooooohhh stupid me!!! :(

15. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Well to MARA?S RESPONSIBILITY REGARDING HER MISSIONS FOR THE EMPEROR

Thanks Marie and Tallie for your opinion.I agreed with she should been remorseful about that time,and I?m glad you wrote good points why she was doing all that evil. I?ve to say something about her defense too.
    I can see her as a soldier fighting for the Empire,but she was so manipulated through Palpatine that she THOUGHT she?d fight for the right side. I think that if she was not captured and raised by the Emperor, she never would join the Empire,but the Rebellion. Why ? Well the comic MJTEH shows Mara not only as a killer,but as a woman who can feel compession,and tend to protect people that were pressured through an organization like the Black Nebula. Had not the Emperor ?blind? her eyes for the real ideals or purpose of the Rebellion.She would have join the Rebellion earlier.But something in her youth made her trusting in the Emperor his judgement,so that she fully was caught in it. Notice that she never learnt the ?Light side? of the Force before like Kyp and Luke did before they went to the Dark side WILLINGLY. Mara was a loner,who never had a friend that could saved her from Palpatines influence,like Leia did with Luke in the comic Dark Empire. Mara had only learnt the teaching,the manipulation,the view of the Emperor in her youth. I think would she willingly joint the Emperor,if she wasn?t captured through Palpatine?? I doubt it strongly.
    And that?s was perhaps one the reasons while the Emperor in the DE series didn?t recruit Mara anymore. While once she has recognized the truth and the evil,she?d willingly never gave herself to serving him. Well that?s my opinion. :D

CURE MARA!!!

16. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Trivial question.What sort of meat would Mara prefer more Bantha or Dewback??? :)

CURE MARA

17. Lucars

Lucars Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    MJ.Frodo thanx, I think Im going to lke it here. Maybe they should name him Bigg's to honor Lukes fallen friend over the DS I.

18. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Lucars, Biggs would be a nice idea to honour Lukes friend,I fully agreed,but Mara don't know much about Lukes old friends I think. I think the name of Mara's son should be a unknown name with a meaning.The name should be mean something very important for both. Allright?? :D

Cure Mara!!

19. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Well more info for the new ones,hope you don't mind.Mazzic one of our members will make a photoshoot from a young Mara Jade model. If you like to view and comment on the Mara Jade model and the clothes she should wear,here's the url! Hope you like it :)

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1980291&replies=30

CURE MARA!!

20. MRukundo

MRukundo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2000
    Mara Jade is a sucker who never payed for her past crimes. She hates Kyp so much yet what she did could possibly be labeled as worse. Her antics in helping kill jedi, assasinating people that did nothing to her and so forth is wrong. So next time she throws some halfbrained glare at Kyp she needs to look in the mirror and vomit.

21. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    What kind of meat? Ummm my guess would be neither, I mean those are both desert animals, coarse she could be from a desert planet, in that case I'de go with Bantha, I mean who'de want to eat a lizard creature?!?!

Well I like Talon except that I don't like the nameing after thing, I mean it puts too much on the kid, they need to be individual, I really don't like Ben..too predictable, Biggs is ok but I'de go with somthing original. Nathan is a cool name but it's kinda modern, then again I like wierd names like Pavan, Kifk, Drake, Ciscal, Riian. stuff like that. I like the thought of a red head kid in Star Wars, I think he'de be cute, too many blondes with blue eyes. However blonde and green.....that'de be cool, but I like the red hair better.

22. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    MRukundo, You like Kyp don't you? You're not too fond of Mara are you? Well it's basically the other way around for me. But here goes.

What Mara did was way different than what Kyp did. Mara didn't KNOW about the light side or in any case if she did she would have died if she tried to resist the Emporer, besides she was trained in those ways from the beginning, Kyp on the other hand turned to the dark side knowing full well what he was doing, he blew up a planet for crying out loud! Now what Mara did was wrong, no doubts there but she's really served her punishment, it was more mental than physical but then that's how Kyp's was. If you think about it the price for killing so many should be death, for both of them but they were shown mercy. Someone might say Kyp got off with little more than a slap on the wrist, I wouldn't agree with that, just as I don't agree with you saying Mara was never punished.

Despite their darker pasts there are two major diferences that separate them : 1)Mara never actually went into the darkside, Kyp did.

2) the way they handle themselves now. Mara is every bit a Jedi Knight, she's gotten on with her life and hasn't recently shown tendancies to her old way of life. Kyp however is messed up. He cries more over the loss of a droid than his apprentice, he's become arogant and brash, he's impulsive and is once more clashing wits with Luke, I'm just saying Kyp isn't as perfect as you're making him out to be, he hasn't forgiven himself, and he's about to fall right back into the same trap.

CURE MARA JADE!!!!!!!!!

Luke and Mara ROCK!!!!!!!

23. Narggawa-Kai

Narggawa-Kai Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2001
    Mara Jade powerful Jedi is she!

24. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    But of coarse! Mara Rocks, or were you being sarcastic? Either way, Mara's awesome!

25. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    YEAH MARA JADE SKYWALKER ROCKS!!!!!! [face_laugh]

WHAT WOULD MARA PREFER ? DEWBACK or BANTHA???

Hey Tallie I got that question/answer from the comic Mara Jade The Emperors Hand, issue 1 (German version) Mara was on Syvren and went to a place where people sale or trade with food etc. She said to the seller who want to sale Bantha meat to her: "Ich mag lieber Dewback. Danke." ( I?d like dewback more.Thanks. Well something in that line, I suppose in the English comics). But perhaps Mara only said that while it should be an excuse not to buy his meat.

CURE MARA!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.