main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan club- reborn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thanos6, Nov 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheB5Fan

TheB5Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 1999
    Ahhh don't tempt me with Jade action figures. I could have gotten it for 10$ on that web site, and then a couple months later it went to 15$ and now its at 30$! Arg, oh well, I might cave in and get me one along with a Boba Fett .

Well a funny and quick Mara to the rescue was in Union #3 when the royal gaurd tries to get the dress maker and Mara just pounds on him like nothing. The conversation later with Luke was funny as well

2. Corran_Horn10

Corran_Horn10 Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2000
    Mara Jade rules! Shes the perfect match for Luke in my opinion, and he's not a fag! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

3. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Yo, chill. You might offend someone with such words. Dislike works oh so much better.

4. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Yes, and he's obviously not a you know what because he has EXCELLENT taste in women... after all, he loves Mara! You can't have better taste than that...

As for favorite rescue scene... definitely in Specter of the Past where she saves Luke from the pirate base. I can't remember the exact quotes, but...

"Are you in trouble again, Skywalker?"

"Have you ever known me at a time when I wasn't?"

"Offhand, I can't think of a time...."

And, of course, the famous:

"So, you want to get off me, or where you just getting comfortable?

Hehehe, too bad good ole Luke didn't decide to make a bit more of that little line... but the guy didn't figure out he loved her until VotF, so I had to exercise the Jedi virtue of patience... WHY is that considered a virtue?!?

--Mara Jade

5. Ku Gr'Akna

Ku Gr'Akna Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2000
    Hail Mara!!!! mad.gif

6. Phoenix928

Phoenix928 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 2, 1999
    Why does patience = virtue? Good question. And now for advanced moral theory... ah, skip it...

Patience = diminished violent tendencies? I guess that's good... heh...

And yes, I agree, Luke's got taste... most definitely...

"Incidentally, Jade, in case no one's ever mentioned it before, you and Skywalker make a pretty good team."

"Bite your tongue, Faughn... bite your tongue..."

7. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Another good Jade to the rescue scene was in the short story First Contact when Mara saves Talon Karrde's life and easily gets the job

8. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    We must overthrow the Callista Fans thread! More posts, more posts! (J/K--about the coup thing...)

Mara Jade is awesome--she's what brought me back to Star Wars EU after all these years, but yeah, we need more info on her, from the authors or I'll even take fan fic stories.

I'm going to have to re-read and read a lot of books to find Mara rescue scenes...I'm behind.

So the deal is she appeared briefly in "I, Jedi" leaving Yavin and in "Darksaber" where Callista gets all uppity and asks her about being interested in Luke? Any more scenes like that?

-Jaded

9. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    BIO:
    Name-Mara Jade
    Species-Human
    Sex-Female
    Hair Color-Red-Gold
    Eye Color-Green
    Height-1.6 Meters
    Affiliation-Empire, Karrde then New Republic
    Rank-Jedi Knight
    Homeworld-Unknown
    Family-Unknown; recently married Luke Skywalker, joining the Skywalker/Solo clan
    Age-Approximately two years younger than Luke
    Weapon-Magenta lightsaber, Anakin's Blue lightsaber
    Vehicles-Jades Fire(destroyed), Jade Sabre
    Quote-"Ask me if I care."(Heir To The Empire)

Info from Essential Guide To Characters and SW Insider #47.

Fav rescue scenes would have to be of Corran in "I, Jedi" and the rescue of Luke in VotF.

[This message has been edited by TK-667 (edited 03-01-2000).]

10. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Ahhh the essential guide to characters. I really hated the way everyone was drawn in that book, they all looked like they were from some Fantasy/Dungeons and Dragons type setting and some even looked like elves!

These are the farthest Mara Jade stats ever produced by west end games and they were set around the Corellian Trilogy:

Mara Jade
    Type: Master Trader
    Dexterity 3D+1:
    Knowledge 2D+2:
    Mechanical 2D:
    Perception 3D+2:
    Strength 3D:
    Technical 3D:

Force Skills: Control 2D+2, Sense 3D, Alter 2D+1

Force Points: 4
    Character Points: 29
    Move: 10

To note, her character has an ability of 9D+1 at blasters! Damn thats a great shot. At this time period her character has no dark side points though which she had during the Thrawn Trilogy period. Her force stats seem a little low even for this period of time and we see she is more skilled than that.

Ahh and her old ship the Jade's Fire stats.
    Its the same model as Lando's Lady Luck but hers is heavily modified. It has a fire back system which when her ship is shot at, a small turret will pop up and shoot in the general direction automatically hehe. Also unlike Lando's ship, Mara has painted flames on the sides heh (Jade's Fire, get it?).
    Weapons:
    3 Quad turbolasers
    1 Shoot-Back Blaster Turret
    1 Tractor Beam projector

Every system on the ship has also been upgraded compared to a normal model.

11. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Double post sorry......oh well Mara Jade Skywalker is the greatest......thats all.....sorry about the double post again.

[This message has been edited by TheB5Fan (edited 03-01-2000).]

12. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Hey just found a pic from the upcoming Chronology of star wars. Go to http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/features/chronology/maraandluke.html http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/features/chronology/maraandluke.html to see pic of Luke and Mara going to the Hand of Thrawn. Strange that Mara is wearing the same thing she wore in Heir to the Empire.....

13. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    It's the same top of the line jumpsuit Karrde offers to all employs! Its okay, but looks pretty good on Mara!

TheB5Fan, those stats would be cool if I understood all those fancy terms! Since I don't play the RPG, please explain! The stats I posted are mostly straight out of the Mara Jade article in SW Insider #47. So those are the most recent.

As a bonus, a nice Top Ten List from Club Jade, its their property, just thought I'd put it here for kicks!

Here it is.......from the home office in Toronto and St. Louis its kddid and CC's Top Ten Things Mara Jade REALLY should have said(or done) in response to Callista's comment in Darksaber on p. 91. (so if you haven't read this yet be warned)

Callista says, "I also heard you might have been intrested in Luke yourself at one time."
    Heeeere we go:
    10)"My aren't WE a little insecure?"
    9)"Luke and I? What makes you think we aren't?"
    8)"Callista, you really need to find something else to do with yourself when Luke's busy, besides gossip about me."
    7)"Whats wrong with you? Not feeling like your *old* self?"
    6)"He wishes!"
    5)"I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie!"(We know, but its a classic)
    4)"You know, Cray looked better as a blonde....."
    3)"If I wanted him, you wouldn't be sitting here."
    2)"Been there, done him."
    1)Finally, Mara gets sick of the whole conversation and dots Callista in th eye.

How about this one.......
    "Who do you thinks responsible for this?" as she points to her swollen abdomen.

*chuckle* I though it was worth putting here! Mara is definetly meant for Luke, not Callista!

[This message has been edited by TK-667 (edited 03-04-2000).]

14. Phoenix928

Phoenix928 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 2, 1999
    Heh heh... always loved that little "Top 10" thingie...

Anyways, <Dons a steel helmet, expects flak> I actually didn't think Callie was that bad a character. No... wait... don't pull out my fingernails... I... ow!

<Sniff>

Anyways, as I was saying, I think Mara's a FAR better character, but Callista wasn't THAT bad. At least I didn't think so. Anyways, moving on...

About the RPG stuff, well, it's actually not that difficult once you get into it... plus, it's fun!

Dex, Knowledge, all the rest are attribute ratings, like the ones in D&D if you've ever played it. Human maximum is 4D, and 2D is about human average. Skills basically fall under attributes. B5Fan mentioned that her blaster skill is around 9D. Considering that 2D is human average, 4D is professionally trained level, 9D is about 1 in a billion... that's a lot. We're talking MAJOR trick shots here...

Force skills work pretty much the same way, and yeah, I agree, they do seem kind of underpowered. Hell, some dinky little wannabe Jedi would start with around a 2 or 3D in his/her Force skills, and I think that even though she neglected a lot of her training, Mara could "outForce" some little dorky Jedi...

As for the almighty Force Point... it's like your ace in the hole. Absolutely need something to get done? Use a Force point. Doubles your die roll. Goodness gracious.

Character points are used to improve your character's skills and to give you a bit of oomph in a pinch. Using one lets you add 1D to whatever you roll.

And Move: 10 is the human norm. That's like 10 meters every combat round or something if I remember correctly.

Whew... ok, maybe that wasn't as simple as I thought. If I've confused anyone, here's a frying pan to beat me over the head with...

Just no lightsabering the hands please... I rather like mine.

15. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    ThanX for the help! Still a little confusing, maybe I'll look into playing it sometime. I agree Callista wasn't that bad! Just KJA's writing ruined her for life.

Stiil Mara is perfect for Luke! Some people say she verbally abuses him to much; personally I think he deserves some of the time. He was kinda whiny sometimes. In VotF she was tryin to help him get past his stupid mistakes. It worked, now they're happily married!

Now lets all hope for kids! *shudder* Little Maras running around! Thats gonna be slightly scary, but cool!

16. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Yea, Phoenix nailed most of it on the head. Also, 9D of her Blaster skill is great, but what is even more amazing is that she has a 10D+1 ability using hold-out blaster(her personal favorite wrist blaster). She also has an 9D+2 at star fighter piloting and at space transports......Mara's stats are higher than Wedge's! I can list all her abilities because she has so MANY! Just like in the books, this girl is trained at everything and is good at all of them...the only thing shes not to high on is her force ability which they underated.

Ok, you must be asking what the D means in 9D and stuff like that. In the game to perform a task you roll dice. 9D means you roll 9 six sided dice and add up the total. When you play the man in charge known as a game master sets a difficult number that you must achieve by rolling to succeed to a task. Now to make a difficult shot with a blaster against a moving stormtrooper, a person would have to roll at least a 25 or higher. So the player rolls his blaster ability and tries to go over that number to succeed at shooting the stormtrooper. Mara gets to roll 9D to try to roll over 25! With 9D she can easily hit very difficult targets. This is how the whole game pretty much works. You roll your dice and try to beat the difficulty number to succeed. With Mara's stats, her character has the ability to be a computer hacker, engineer, fighter pilot, business woman, actor, and ect ect.

Mara is one hell of a woman .....but she has no cooking skill...... guess Luke does all the cooking

17. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Originally posted by TK-667:

Stiil Mara is perfect for Luke! Some people say she verbally abuses him to much; personally I think he deserves some of the time.

Verbally abuse? I think that's her way of flirting with him! As for the "deserving" part, I can totally see that. Someone needs to keep him grounded, especially with everyone running around calling him "Master Skywalker" and things like that.

Her verbal abuse when concerning Luke seems like an "affectionate" form. So she calls him "farm boy." Would people prefer that she call him, "Great one?" Dude, even if she just called him "Luke" all the time, it would take away some of that spark.

And I really don't think Luke minds all that verbal abuse ;-)

-Jaded

18. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    She can verbally abuse me all she wants

http://clubjade.jeffp.com/mara/gallery/tales05.jpg

Mmmeeeoooooowwwwwwww!

[This message has been edited by TheB5Fan (edited 03-02-2000).]

19. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Ahhh, Count me in! She can verbally abuse me any day of the week!

Jaded I agree with you. What I put has been floating around in other threads. I do think it adds a spark to their marriage. You read "I, Jedi" and the X-Wing books Corran and Mirax are the same way! It keeps their love for each other strong and, yeah Luke dosen't seem to mind it. Hes gotten used to it over the years. I think he would be scared if she suddenly stopped doing it!

20. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    I think its cute and in the latest books it seems like she now just likes to tease him with her remarks. Anyways the writers can't have her go all mushy and have to let Mara have that edge she has always had.

Oh yea, about the Jump-suits of Karrde's, yea it would seem like it but Mara is drawn wearing the same outfit before she even met Karrde. Its the Han Solo syndrome we see in comic books I guess where he is always wearing that same outfit

21. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Nice Pic!

Where did you get it? I have a feeling its out of By The Emperors Hand? I think thats the name, oh well!

Yeah, she still uses those remarks yet in DTO she is a little mushy now though, but just enough to make them a cute couple!

Yeah the jumpsuit thing is a problem. I would like to see her in something different! Oh, yeah, they actually did put her in some good stuff during Union! Would like to see her dress as a house wife once! But that will never happen!

[This message has been edited by TK-667 (edited 03-02-2000).]

22. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    HOUSEWIFE? That conjures up an image of a woman with curlers, floral housedress and apron. What we like most about Mara is that she would not be caught dead in this getup. I think it's really weird that you want to see her in this role. Is this your view of 'real' marriage?

23. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    The pic is from Club Jade's web page and its from Star Wars Tales comic book. Oh and she does wear other clothing in Union and in the Mara Jade comic book she never wears that black suit she always has on at least.

Ugh anyone see on the front page that there gonna have a contest to win a date with Mara Jade hmmmmm......wonder who is playing Mara Jade? I doubt it is the Decipher card model....she is married....but I guess they just picked out any red head......could also be Baksha is doing it for the fans.........mMmmmMmmm Jade MmmmMm

[This message has been edited by TheB5Fan (edited 03-02-2000).]

24. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Yeah DT, I would like to see her as a housewife once! No more than that, it would just be to creepy to see that alot! But if you read it all, it said I doubt it would ever happen!

Yeah B5Fan, Club Jade has a lot of cool things! I usually check in there once a week for cool new updates!

25. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Well you don't have to think of house-wife Mara as being a girl in curlers cleaning the house. Just think of jade not all dressed up doing some house chores such as cooking or cleaning, hey you can't be glamorous always

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.