main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheB5Fan, May 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheB5Fan

TheB5Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 1999
    Hello all Jade fans! This is the new Mara Jade Fan Club thread! Our last one reached a huge post count of 1921 before it went corrupt.

Now lets post about our favorite character Mara Jade and remember to be nice. No trolls please, as this is a fan thread.

Go Team Jade!

2. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Hey everyone! I posted this last night, but it never showed up, so I'll tell you again!

I wrote a story yesterday. It's in the fanfic forum. Just a short piece of Luke and Mara fluff. Forum16/HTML/000756.html"With Arms Wide Open" -- A Luke and Mara Story . Read it. Love it. Reply to my thread!

MTFBWYA,
    Taramidala

3. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    JADED SIGNING IN!

So sad about our now-corrupt thread. But at least you don't have to scroll across the screen to read the posts--well, for the time at least

Sob about the thread though, but you can't keep a fan club down!

Now for some blatant advertising. I've updated both of my WIP Mara stories, so if you guys have the time:

Forum16/HTML/000451.html"Hindsight" and Forum16/HTML/000661.html"A Different View" have been updated.

Now to start off discussion again, let's repost our favorite Mara quotes for a refresher.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"So are you going to get off me, or are you just getting comfortable?"

=jaded=

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *Pops the champagne*

Long live the Mara Jade fan club!!

5. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Ahhh its also nice that posts show up right away now

I'll check out the fic Tara.

I got something to do now, but I'll be back with several quotes which I really enjoy.

6. Jedi Corran Horn

Jedi Corran Horn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 1999
    Man, it was so close is it possible to reach 2000.

7. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Watching the other fan club thread sink is still kind of sad, but...yes, it is SO nice to see the posts show up right away.

Jedi_Trace, pass the bubbly! I have the caviar and melba toast--any takers?

Only about half a month until Dark Tide: Ruin comes out! How ever will we survive? Oh yes, we'll hang out here every free minute. tongue.gif

=jaded=

8. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Ya know, the posts don't show up, but the count still continues to rise.

We can reach 2000, technically!

9. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Juhuu!! I'm ready for a new start and wish ya'll a nice time here !!Ohh I'm really tired
    have eating too much pizza !!! PROSIT on the new tread!! Well I will bookmarked your fanfics guys and look at it tomorrow!! Promise!! It's late 23.00 hour here pm

CURE MARA GO TEAM JADE!!

10. mj

mj Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 1998
    Actually, we should ask the admins to archive the thread, not just close it. It deserves a place of honor, I think. It might take up too much server space, though. I dunno... Well, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

11. Casta Diva

Casta Diva Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    Here I, Casta Diva, present myself on this thread to show my sincerest support for Club Jade. I'm eagerly waiting for you command, General B5. By the way, I've already saved my three monsters of essays on a floppy, so don't worry if it gets erased. I can also put it back on.

12. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Nice to have you back Casta. I don't know why someone is still posting in the old thread.

Lets not get to 2000 by posting nothing alright? Wish an admin would close it.

13. Casta Diva

Apr 30, 2000
    One thing I suggest to do to commemorate our former crashed thread (*weep*) is to bring back some posts on that thread that we deem as the most interesting and meaningful. We might as well add our own comments to that. What I'm trying to do is to instill the epitome of our old thread and present it in the best form. As well, in prevention of the thread getting too many posts, we might condense many of our one-sentence threads into one big thread ( I don't know if they count by bytes or posts), and that may save some space. I suggest that we can leave out some topics regarding other things and mainly focus on Mara and EU.

My favorite Mara posts from the old thread:

From Darth Chris (not my favorite post, but it leads to some well-expressed responses):
    I thought Mara Jade was a kick *ss character before VP. She had an attitude on her that no other female in the SWU had. Now she just seems weak, mostly because of her disease, partly because she married a pansy in Luke (don't get me wrong, Luke is my fav character, but you have to admit, he is a wuss, and that's rubbing off on Mara).

Response by Belodrion (I think it's very sharp and somewhat humorously scathing):
    I don't believe this. You wiped out an evil slug-crimelord and his entire mob, faced the most evil man in the galaxy twice!(counting the clones), killing dark Jedi left and right, destroyed superweapons, wooed the most dangerous woman in the galaxy, and still people call you a wuss!. May I ask what brave deeds Darth Cris has done in his lifetime that made him capable of passing such judgement ?

Response by Shmi (oh, this is so perceptive)
    Pansy?????
    There is a HUGE difference between VIRTUE and PANSY. And Mara Jade is wise enough to know the difference. It takes enormous character strength to stand consistently for virtue. Notice in VotF how Mara Jade sees every one of Luke's character flaws . . . but realizes that even though he's blown it (thanks to an author or two), he is still desperately trying to do what is RIGHT.

Darth Tuna
    Responding to the pansy angle...Luke and Mara are not conventional people. Han , in some ways is the conventional male, but Luke has what I will call for want of better terminology, a female side,of sensitivity and compassion. Mara, on the other hand posesses some qualities assumed to be typically male. They respond to these characteristics in each other. That's why I feel they make such an interesting couple. However, Luke's sensitive side hardly makes him weak- on the contrary, and Mara's strengths do not save her from vulnerability.

B5 and other members: Do you think it's all right for me to put some of my re-edited Mara essays in this thread give I condense them into one post?

14. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    I feel like the MJFC-reborn thread going down is my fault. I was the last one to post. Maybe it was my "yub yub commander" at the end. LOL

Only a few more weeks for Ruin, I can't wait. I'm going to be at Media Play the minute they open there doors!

Go Team Jade!!!

15. Casta Diva

Apr 30, 2000
    Queen Pixie, there is no reason to feel guilty that is was your fault that the thread went down. Actually, I have posted some scary long essays and many posts in a frenzied pace. If you hold yourself accountable for that, I might as well. However, I dont' think that anyone among us should blame ourselves for the downfall of our old thread. We did have an awfully marvelous time over there, did we? I would say it was kind inevitable for the thread to be closed since it was so tremendous that the sever could no longer support it. It's like death, but then we go back to the origin and start all over again. Isn't it nice to see your posts can be put up much faster and you don't have to scroll around? "Feeling a little cheerful about our past mistakes, don't we?" (mara to luke in VotF)

[This message has been edited by Casta Diva (edited 05-12-2000).]

16. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Hi people!
    Just signing in the new thread!
    And, from "a certain point of view", the other thread isn't dead!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"So are you going to get off me, or are you just getting comfortable?"

What can I do? I also love that quote...

TRMJ

17. Casta Diva

Apr 30, 2000
    This shall be titled as "Dialogues between Mara Addicts" I've edited some, including typos, spelling errors and deleted some redundant phrases considered by me. Please not that some of the responding post given to a specific post do not imply that they were originaly that way in the old thread. I just made it in the way that it seems to capture some humorous aspects of the addcits. The added parts in the parentheses are for the purpose of further explainng things in case you do not quite get what they are talking about. Since I'm joining school newspaper next year, it might be a good practice to edit other's posts. I'm trying to arrange these quotes in a way that'll reminisce some of the good old memories we had on our previous thread (some of them really made me smile).

Verbatim: Dialogues among MJ Addicts
    No.1 Worst Nightmare Incarnate--The Death of Mara Jade(re-arranged by Casta Diva):

Jaded:
    "IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MAN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Design Sith:
    "IF SHE DID (Die)...
    Luke. Dark Side."

Thanos6:
    "Actually, I think that if Mara was killed, Luke wouldn't become a monk. Nope. He'd go totally insane, and destroy the Vong, the Empire, the New Republic, the Chiss, the Corporate Sector, the Ssi-Ruuk, and everyone I left out."

TK-667:
    "Is GL jealous just because Luke got himself a wife? Why are they trying to kill her (Mara)?"

B5:
    "...It's only 2 books into the NJO and Luke is already going through hell...He's got his wife on the verge of death already! With all the crappy and lacking characters in the EU, let's no go and kill one of the best creations..."

Jaded:
    "...And for the sake of character development? There are so many other ways to do it. Frankly, the only way I see him changing if such a thing were to happen, would be to revert to 'moping monk status--every woman I love dies on me' blah blah blah status."

B5:
    "If she has to go, then both Luke and her should go together."

TK-667:
    "Well it ain't gonna happen, anyways if they were to kill Mara, at least do it in a blaze of glory not(instead of) during childbirth."

B5:
    "And kill..... err I shouldn't say her name
    Anyways we need Mara to live so she can have the 7 kids!"

Jaded:
    "...if they're gonna kill someone, can they please kill someone annoying?"

B5:
    "Yea, leave Luke and Mara alone. Kill Lando..... I bet everyone will feel bad about that...... at least for a while......"

Jaded:
    "Since Tim Zahn is the only writer out there that I could forgive or allow for killing Mara...Based on the evidence that he's not contracted to write anymore SW books (at least that this time...), I've come to the conclusion that Mara Jade will LIVE FOREVER... With that happy thought, I'm off to bed. "

Thanos 6:
    "If Mara dies, I'm kissing everything Star Wars goodbye. No Episode II or III for me. No more books. No more action figures."

B5:
    "Thanos, even if you stop with Star Wars.... you can still send me your action figures."

Ah, B5, thou shalt not covet thy posting-buddy's action figures. I'm far less interested in Mara Jade action figures than I'm with the books and comics. I prefer much more to hold Mara Jade as a lasting image in my mind than to have her being turned into color-coated plastic. If Mara dies, I'm kissing every star wars book good-bye as well, but B5 is never ever going to get his long-aspired action figures from me(even he has one now, he may longs for 2).

[This message has been edited by Casta Diva (edited 05-13-2000).]

18. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    You know, maybe we'll get some more newbies into this thread since it doesn't look quite as intimidating as the old one did.

It's amazing how all-consuming this thread has made me in the last few months. Maybe like Queen_Pixie I should make this my start page. I usually come to the jedi council right away as it is.

Episode II: Team Jade Fights Back

=jaded=

19. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    Casta, I didn't mean that I was SERIOUSLY upset about it. The thread was nearing doom, I just turbo-lasered it into oblivion. LOL
    Besides, its kinda cool having the distinction of being the last person to be able to REALLY post on the thread!

I've been reading the X-wing series for 1 month straight now, can you tell? Yub yub
    And I've still got #7 and #8 left!

I actually can't wait to order my Mara Jade figure. She'll look cool next to Jedi Luke. And I've got a few spare black capes(1 from a Darth Maul, one from the jedi accessory pack) so I can even do some cool scenes with them! LOL

Cure Mara!!!!!

20. Casta Diva

Apr 30, 2000
    Verbatim: Diaglogues Among the MJ Addicts

No. 2 The Road Not Taken--The Mara and Callista Dilemma
    (no on attacking the fans, or authors)
    *Note: the conversations below are chosen from the thread "Mara Jade Fan Club--Reborn" and some of them have been edited and rearranged by me. The MJ addicts really shared some hilarious opinions on this issue.

MJ Frodo:
    "Do you'll see a little possibility that Callista or some others could replace MJ instead!!"

B5Fan:
    "Noooooooo Frodo don't bring what's her name up in this thread. It is the darkside!"

Jaded:
    "That's just too much stuff to dredge up... They (Luke and Callista) could be friends...but let's not bring her back, because that would be waaaaaaaaay too much of a melodrama and that's just...sick."

B5Fan:
    "When you play GTA, think of things such as ******** errr?"

TK-667
    "Luke and Mara Forever!"
    "Luke and Callista Never!"

MJEH:
    "What if Callista...?" (to be renamed?), courtesy of Jedi15

B5Fan
    "What if Callista...? AHHH!!! what the heck are you thinking? EVIL EVIL! DARK SIDE! You commit an attrocity with this! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

MJEH:
    "It is not "of the Dark Side", thank you very much...Do you REALLY want to start another war with the Callista fans?"

B5Fan:
    "Ahhhh I'm melting, I'm melting! The C word! Ahhhhhhhh *turns to pile of goo*"

MJEH:
    "B5- Behave yourself."

Club Jade (Very Short Books):
    "How To Make Your Man Happy by Callista Cray Computer"
    "Inspiring Quotes by Callista"
    "Tales of the Body Thief"

Club Jade (Profic vs. Fanfic)
    Profic:
    -Callista mouths "I am not worthy," like a mantra.
    -Callista does not understand genetics.
    Fanfic:
    -Callista laughs a lot.

TK-667
    "How many of you at the end of CoTJ, would've liked to see Mara push ******* out of the way and throw herself into Luke's arms? I would!"

B5Fan
    "Not the C word again!!!! AHHHHHHH That name keeps coming up!As you all know I hate ********."

Nomi Jade:
    "If he married Callie, I would've had a nervous breakdown and probably starve myself to death...but back to Mara...."

Jedi Corran Horn
    "No, I would like to see Mara decapitate ******* then throw herself into Lukes arms."

Jaded:
    "Actually, I would totally go for it if it were Luke who knocked down ******* and went to Mara, thanking her profusely for saving his jedi master butt."

Jaded:
    "I have to admit I'm part of the darkside--but I only wrote to preserve Mara! That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!"

TK-667 (Courtesy of Club Jade):
    Callista says, "I also heard you might have been intrested in Luke yourself at one time."
    Heeeere we go:
    10)"My aren't WE a little insecure?"
    9)"Luke and I? What makes you think we aren't?"
    8)"Callista, you really need to find something else to do with yourself when
    Luke's busy, besides gossip about me."
    7)"Whats wrong with you? Not feeling like your *old* self?"
    6)"He wishes!"
    5)"I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie!"(We know, but its a classic)
    4)"You know, Cray looked better as a blonde....."
    3)"If I wanted him, you wouldn't be sitting here."
    2)"Been there, done him."
    1)Finally, Mara gets sick of the whole conversation and dots Callista in th eye.

How about this one.......
    "Who do you thinks responsible for this?" as she points to her swollen abdomen.

B5:
    The dreaded C word.... must forget.... must sing....
    C is for cookie, thats good enough for me.
    C is for cookie......

Casta Diva:
    "C is for cookie, c is for cookie...chocalate chip cookies . That makes a lot of Cs, does't it? Let's make more Cs out of the cookie buisness: Callista Computer Craving Candied Chocolate Chip Cookies."

B5:
    C is for cookie......
    C is for cookie......
    C is for cookie......

*The sound fades away as B5 haphazardly dawdles away from the dialogue circle; the curtain falls for another round of babbles...

[This message has been edited by Casta Diva (edited 05-19-2000).]

21. Casta Diva

Apr 30, 2000
    I guess some of you guys have read my work "Verbatim: Dialogues among MJ addicts" and I welcome your comments, good or bad, praising or lashing. From now on, I intend turn my compositions (critiques, analysis,dialogues, memoirs, questionnaire, etc) into series, each of which will be focused on a particular writing format/theme. I think it might be easier for me to write and for the readers to comprehend since the pieces are somewhat in common. After the dialogue piece, I might try to bring back my revised analysis with a broader range of topics. I might title this series as "Scriabiniana" (after my favorite piano composer, Alexander Scriabin, nothing to do with Mara, although some of his music I would like to use to describe Mara's feeling at peace). I plan to read all the fan-fics over the summer vacation and write reviews (call it "Fanfix Reviews") Just hope I have that much time.

A couple days ago, I saw a topic on this forum named "you know you are an EU addict when...". How about we comment something on this topic, "You know your are a Mara Addict when you..." I have a few already.

1. When the M and J keys on your keyboard do not function mechanically that well as the other keys do.
    2. You have expressed discontent comments at least once regarding the stories written by Hambly and KJA .
    3. You crave for an MJ action figure or already owns one! Or you have bought a red-head, butt-kicking female aciton figure and are turning into Mara Jade!
    4. When you hear the name Callista, you go "Die Callista! Die, Callista!" (or something similar)
    5. You can not write a fan-fic without gearing the theme toward Mara.
    6. You post frequent enough on Mara thread.
    7. You have tried to manipulate Baska and Hamill pictures to make them look fit in one picture as Luke and Mara.
    8. You whine about a slow modem because you can't download the fan-fics fast enough.
    9. It is already 3 o'clock in the morning, and you have a paper due next day. Yet unfortunately, you are sitting in front of the computer, either reading the fanfics or posting on this thread. You have become dry-eyed, haggard, severely dehydrated, and slightly trembling from being over-caffeinated.

[This message has been edited by Casta Diva (edited 05-19-2000).]

22. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Heh, thats pretty funny Casta. Sorry been busy tonight, hope to get some Mara quotes up tonight. Anyone got any quotes we haven't heard before?

23. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Love the dialogues, Casta... only complaint is that it makes me look a little like a Callista groupie, and in truth... well, I used to like her but now I don't really think that highly of her. But great job; you've really captured the essence of several of our conversations.

&lt;Everyone turns to stare at MJEH as she strides into the thread, pale from hours of captivity in her room studying but otherwise unharmed.&gt;

Yes, it is I... I made a post in the old thread just before it went Sith on us, but I would guess no one saw it. I am truly sorry for my absense (hey, blame my algebra teacher!) and I promise to behave myself and post at least daily from now on.

Site update: going slow due to lack of material. After I add one or two more stories, that's it. Bottom of the barrel. I need more stuff from you people. Casta, I'd love to have your essays, of course, and if you don't mind I'd like to use your compiled dialogues. Jaded, your fanfics as soon as they are done. ALL OF YOU: Member profiles and book reviews and essays and fanfics.

Also, new feature alert: inspired by a certain person's comments on the old thread, I will be adding a page devoted to the Temple of the Cult of Jade. Besides that, I shall be adding a page for pictures of actresses we think would make good Maras. I will be adding a page devoted to the romance of Luke and Mara, including song quotes and such. Finally, a favorite lines page, including of course the classic, "So, you wanna get off me, or were you just getting comfortable?"

Augh! So much to do, so much to do... I need your submissions! And once again, MARA RULES!!!

-mjeh

24. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Shoot, almost forgot... Casta, I want that "You know you're a Mara addict" list for the site, as well. If that's all right with you of course!

Sorry if I seem a little hyper... I think I had a little too much caffienated tea.

--mjeh

25. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    MJFC, can you repost a link to the site? Oh! And, if you want my fanfic, I'll send it to you. Lemme know, k?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.