main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheB5Fan, May 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheB5Fan

TheB5Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 1999
    More you know your a Mara Jade addict if:
    1.)Whenever you read a fan fic, you keep asking yourself: Where's Mara?

2.)You scan through any fan fic, just for a mention of Mara.

3.)You check this thread every five minutes for new posts

4.)You see a red head, and you automatically think, Mara!

2. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    I'd love to have your fanfic for the site, taramidala!

Oh, and here's a link to the site:

http://www.mara_jade_mafia.homstead.comThe OFFICIAL Mara Jade Mafia Website

-mjeh

3. Shmi52

Shmi52 Author of New Jedi Order: Balance Point star 3 VIP

Nov 20, 1999

Just checking in on the new thread and confirming that posts to the old thread seem to "count," even if they don't appear.

Jaded -- Team Jade Fights Back? Yessss.

Casta Diva -- I'm touched and honored that you bothered to re-post my "Pansy?" quote. Thank you much.

MJEH -- sympathies on the algebra situation. Don't give up, it can't last many more weeks now. Must confess Algebra was the last math I actually enjoyed (Mr. Burke must've been a good teacher). I endured 2 semesters of college calc for the microbiology degree. I still use algebra every now and then to figure out a proportion in real-life situations. Honest. Geometry, though? Nahh. Trig? I don't think so!!!! Calc . . . I'll leave that to my son the budding engineer.

Mara!!!

4. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Great, MJEH! I'll send it soon.

BTW, that link doesn't work.

5. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    "Mara!!!" :posted by Shmi52

Move over Stella.

[This message has been edited by TheB5Fan (edited 05-13-2000).]

6. Casta Diva

Casta Diva Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    MJEH: Last week I promised the essays. Here goes the dawning Sith: I was tangled in my stupid wave exams. I would be exultant to let you put up my essays. However, I'm quite ambivalent about releasing the essays in a series titled "Scriabiniana" or just publish them out on your site one by one. Would you be very generous to give me more time to decide. If you want the first three essays, I have no problems with that, but my spontaneous thought of releasing them in a uniform series prompted me to ponder to wait a little bit longer so the series would be wholesome. I'm kinda an irresolute person especially when it comes to literary terms, and I'm certainly sure you'd be kind to make some little allowances for that. As well, I understand the algebra part. Don't worry, because geometry is a lot worse.

Shmi: Thank god, you switched to this thread. I have sent three or four replies on the old one, but son of a Sith, it never showed up despite the fact I waited with my maximum patience of a whole hour! I've always loved that "Pansy" quote, and it aided in giving me some insights at looking into Mara's shrewdness and directness of mind. I never apprhended that you were a SW writer until Thanos blew the cover (well, not exactly) and identified you. I'm like, oh gosh, would she be divulging some minutiae (I mean M/L mushing)about BP?

I'm considering constructing the third and the fourth dialogue, but I'm still somewhat uncertain about which topics shall I discuss. I would greatly appreciate any incoming suggestiongs concerning this topic. I actually feel much at ease to construct a series of writing pieces centered around a main topic or writing format. It's so definite that I know what is to be achieved in my writing. I would also like to thank you guys for your comments on the previous two (pat on the back, I'm joining the journalism, yippee-skippy! EU forum is actually a good practicing ground to make your ideas both articulate as well as well-expressed). As the time goes on, I might make some changes in my dialogues and invite the Mara addicts to go back and give it another quick review.

More on you know when you are an MJ addict:
    1. Your obsession with Mara Jade never ends, day and night.
    2. You find yourself cussing in Mara's language.
    3. You've adopted Mara's attitude and started to manifest it ON THIS FORUM (we know who.)
    4. The local Barnes and Nobles or Crown's clerks have already saved a copy or two of the most recent books on Mara Jade, although sadly they never learn who you are.

[This message has been edited by Casta Diva (edited 05-13-2000).]

7. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    Eww, algebra. I used to love math, but never attempt Algebra II while working 30 hours a week(at a Fast food place too) in your junior year of high school. Oh yeah, and throw chemistry into that(YUCK! chemistry is the reason I didn't go on to college to be a veterinarian, I loved anatomy though)

Jaded, making this thread your start makes life so much easier. But, I always open 2 windows right away, one to check email, and one to check message boards.

LOL, I NEED to read Ruin. I can't get the picture out of my head of Lieutenant Kettch. Maybe I'll check out the Hand of Thrawn duology again. That'll get "yub yub" out of my head.

Go Team Jade!!!

8. Casta Diva

Apr 30, 2000
    I have edited and actually titled each individual pieces. I just deem that adding a title would epitomize most MJ addicts' attitude towards the issue.

MJEH: I have something in mind. Do you have a periodical section on your site (it's like a column in a newspaper)? If you don't, I might help you to create one. May I suggest, add a section for a bimonthly/monthly unofficially published piece on Mara. Instead of letting me writing the whole series in a limited period of time, I'll write a piece for "Dialogues among Mara Addicts" each month, and probably I can release a semi-annual or seasonal essay on analyzing Mara Jade. If you would give your consent on this proposal, I might start to edit some dialogues now and you probably can put them up by June, and we'll go from there. I would be more than happy to collaborate with you on this project, and it seems just plain exiciting. We might also to call for ideas from other MJ fans. I eagerly await your response.

To all MJ fans: I might just dedicate several of my dialogue pieces to the themes of mara fans. I'm brainstorming the third one right now, and I'm considering quoting the fans' enthusiastic loves toward Mara Jade. I guess it would be like a yearbook thing, Who's who among the Mara Fans, but I just aspire to bring some of our past rememberance under the light of retrospection and reflection. If you feel that you have any ideas on constructing this piece of Mara project, please be very kind to contribute your ideas on this thread. I desperately need them, and essayists never work in isolation.

9. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Shmi52 Woo hoo! Glad to see you're back and posting in the new thread. Good to see ALL the fan club members back, and more than welcome to newbies who love Mara, too!

Casta_Diva, love the compliations. It's funny to see our reactions to certain things. LoL.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>2. You have expressed discontent comments at least once regarding the stories written by Hamnbly and KJA .
    Guilty.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>3. You crave for an MJ action figure or already owns one!
    Guilty
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>4. When you hear the name Callista, you go "Die Callista! Die, Callista!" (or something similar)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>5. You can not write a fan-fic without gearing the theme toward Mara.
    Quadrupley guilty and even more guilty as I get more time to write.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>6. You post frequent enough on Mara thread.
    I live here.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>7. You have tried to manipulate Baska and Hamill pictures to make them look fit in one picture as Luke and Mara.
    Not yet, but it's almost summer vacation for me...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>9. It is already 3 o'clock in the morning, and you have a paper due next day. Yet unfortunately, you are sitting in front of the computer, either reading the fanfics or posting on this thread. You have become dry-eyed, haggard, and slightly trembling from being over-caffeinated.
    Casta, are you doing surveillance on me?

As for you B5fan and your addendum...sigh, I'm guilty of those, too. Is young obi-wan available for therapy sessions? Private ones?

Hmm, I'll probably post again soon, so I'll save some material for that one.

=jaded=

10. Casta Diva

Apr 30, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaded:
    Guilty.
    Guilty

Quadrupley guilty and even more guilty as I get more time to write.
    I live here.
    Not yet, but it's almost summer vacation for me...
    Casta, are you doing surveillance on me?

Listed above are Jaded's responses to my criteria of a MJ addict. And, evidently she pleaded guilty. Sure, Jaded, your room is under scrupulous surveillence done by "Casta Diva Surveillance Agency", sponsored by MJ Addict Monitoring Association. You haven't been aware of being monitored only because you don't pay attention to some places in your room. To be honest with you, here goes my appratus: Look above your head, you'd see there is a cookie size camera on one of the vertices on the ceiling. Look carefully, it's easy to be deceived by disbelief. As well, I installed vicariously a light sensory detector so I know if the a glimmer of artificial light is on (including light emitting from the monitors), you're posting online. Third, I have put a minute electric signals receptor and transistor in your CPU (invented by, and patent of Casta Diva), as well as behind the monitor, to transmitt signals to my little special machinery that decrypts the special signals and turn them into text forms. Be careful, because there is also a graphic one for JPGs. Now, go and weep! We have entered the age of invasion of privacy! Your private life possess only crystalline transparency. Don't you dare try to remove those intricately desgined little cute stuff from your room?

11. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    The old thread became corrupt?!?!!??!?!?!!?

NO......THATS NOT POSSIBLE!!!!!!

Darn it! We were so close to 2K. Oh, well. We'll just have to try with this one!!!!

I live here as well(I think its starting to get crowded!). I'll think of some Mara addiction warnings later.

I'm sorry I missed the innaguration of this thread, at least I got on Page 1. Went to knock a few octives out of my hearing tonight(hint: tiny room and loud music). I'll post more later.

Mara Uber Alles&lt;sp?&gt;!

Cure Mara!

12. Casta Diva

Apr 30, 2000
    You know that you are an MJ addict when you:
    1. Ponders about Luke and Mara whenever your lips savor the great taste of hot-chocolate.

2. You're developing minor stress fractures on your hands and wrists for typing so long.

3. You're trying to match up songs of your favorite singers with Mara Jade's moods.

4. You go flaming up whenever somebody mentions the presumable death of Mara, and you have wished no better to set that evil-doer's house ablaze and chase him/her to a cliff where they could only plunge down without a parachute.

5. You have tried at least once to place all books concerning Mara Jade on a place on the shelf where it's obviously recognizable to all the people who pass by in the bookstore.

6. You hailed Timothy Zahn as the greatest EU writer. Doubtless, he is.

7. Have you ever bickered with one of the Callista fans?

8. For females only: When you have the chance of going to a shopping mall and to see a bride's attires boutique, you've always wondered which one matched up with green eyes and red hair to its optimum effect.

9. For guys only (gals would be kinda jealous on this): Is red hair very very visually appealing to you? What about green eyes?

10. 9 out of 10 times, you mara motto was "cure mara" or "go team jade" or "mara rules". Everybody here is, needless to say.

11. While you were busy advocating Mara, you are perfectly alert to any damaging comments on Luke and are ready to defend his reputation in EU at any minute.

12. Two words: no twins.

13. When you received a new copy of EU novel, you first scan quickly through all the mara/luke parts.

14. Luke's own love life has preceded the importance of yours. You're like a jealous, ugly wife who was constantly watching out for your husband's romantic encounters with other women. You vaguely dislike every OTHER women not because they are evil or ugly, but because they belong to the group of "OTHER WOMAN".

15. You hit upon a not so well written but lengthy fan-fic about mara. There are at least 5 parts you disapprove already. It's divided into millions of chapters. You have promised to close down the internet explorer window after chapter 10. Yet after finishing chapter 10, you found it's absolutely irresistible to go on read chapter 11 even if the story is not that engaging. And it goes on and on, until you realize that you have spent and wasted five hours in front of the computer just on reading a banal, stereotypical, dull fan-fic, and you begin to moan: "I'll never ever read any fan-fic and I'll be able to control myself next time." Unfortunately, next time when you hit upon another boring fan-fic, the same incident just occurs. My phsyics teacher once has a motto: Insanity tries the same thing over and over again, and expects a different result each time.

16. You have secretly condemend all the official and fan-fic writers who you do not like because they screwed up on the Mara parts or what they wrote did not please you, to DEATH or dispatched them to outer-rim planets in your brain.

13. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Damn you Casta, damn you. Good thing I'm moving out in a few days.

I got another one to add:

You've stayed up so late so many nights, lights off, typing as silently as possible so you don't wake up your roommate, clenching your jaw 'cause you think somehow that'll make you quieter--and now,even when you're not online or not trying to type quietly, you find yourself clenching your jaw, and you can't stop.

Ok, maybe that's just me, but it sucks!

Mara quotes we haven't posted yet. Hmm, maybe we can ask Shmi to post some we haven't seen yet Muahahaha! But really, I'll have to look into that--I don't own many of the books yet, so let me raid the library. I shall return.

=jaded=

14. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Addiction sign #17. You are responsible for the two biggest catch phrases on the MJFC. Cure Mara and I'm A Mara Jade Addict.

Boy, oh, boy, am I ever guilty of this one. I'm basically responsible for this list now. Casta Diva statred the Mara Jade Addiction signs, but it was my admitance of being a Mara addict. I won't even bother trying to explain Cure Mara.

If I'm guilty please send me to Yavin IV! That way Ill get to meet Mara!

Sign #18. Fantasies about meeting Mara Jade. One I'm now guilty of. See above.

Cure Mara!

15. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Hallo guys nice to see ya'll back!! OAh missed Phoenix 928 though! Cool post everyone
    Did I really say THAT!!! "Is there a little possibility etc etc other woman could replace Mara" ???!! confused.gif NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Well it's nice to see some of those quotes of the old tread here again. Remind me of the good old days sigh!! No it don't mean that I don't like the new beginning! I'm looking forward to Ruin and Balance point and it would be cool to discuss it with ya'll here!
    CURE MARA!!!

[This message has been edited by MJ.Frodo (edited 05-13-2000).]

16. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    I love your "You are a MJ addict if.....etc
    Casa Diva!! will reread it post more tomorrow!! Have a nice day you all!!
    Cure Mara!

[This message has been edited by MJ.Frodo (edited 05-13-2000).]

17. Jedi Corran Horn

Jedi Corran Horn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 1999
    I found some song lyrics for our revival, from South Park the Movie just replace La Resisitance with MJFC.

God has smiled upon you this day
    The fate of a nation, in your hands
    And blessed be the children
    Who fight with all our bravery
    Till only the righteous stand

You see the distant flames
    They bellow in the night
    You fight in all our names
    For what we know is right
    And when you all get shot
    And cannot carry on
    Though you die, La Resistance lives on!

You may get stabbed in the head
    With a dagger or sword
    You may be burned to death
    Or skinned alive or worse
    And when they torture you
    You'll have nothing indeed to run for
    Though you die, La Resistance lives on

They may cut your **** in half
    And serve it to a pig
    And though it hurts you'll laugh
    And dance a ****less jig
    But that's the way it goes
    *In war you're **** upon
    Though you die, La Resistance lives on!

18. Leia

Leia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 8, 1998
    Hey! I'm kinda a newbie to the MJFC. I've loved Mara forever, but I can't ever get on the comp enough to read threads with 1921 responses...
    I'm gonna go check out those fanfics now...

Go Team Jade!

19. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Welcome Leia.

Nice to see you around TK

Well just have to try and make this one bigger... wait, there is no try

20. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Glad you're joining us, Leia! And good to see you back TK-667. Who else hasn't signed in? Bror Jace...mj...few others...

We can adopt the South Park movie tagline and adjust it to the MJFC, too. Hmm, what do you guys think about: "The Mara Jade Fan Club--Bigger, Better, and Uncut"

MJ,EH, the new additions sound awesome. So when do the sacrifices at the temple of Mara start? Any volunteers...err, I mean suggestions?

A lot of my favorite passages concerning Mara don't even have her in it. I don't have the book with me right now (I'll type it up later if I can), is one in Onslaught where Corran and Luke are talking about Mara. The boys talk about how old they are by experience, in comparison to everyone else
    and Luke says marrying Mara has slowed that down--but then Corran adds that he has to count all the years she put on him before they were married.

Ok, off to work for this fan club member. Post away!

=jaded=

21. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    G'd afternoon all!

Hmm...favorite Mara lines? Unfortunately, I don't have any books here with me, but I'd have to say my current favs. are those scenes in Onslaught between her and Luke. Those pages in the book are worn out already from me reading them over and over again! They just made me so happy. *sigh*

FOR THE LADIES:
    You know you're a Mara Jade addict when... You occasionally dream that you ARE Mara. *nudge**nudge*

22. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    For the Guys:
    When you dream about Mara. She can try to kill me any day

23. Casta Diva

Apr 30, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaded:
    Damn you Casta, damn you. Good thing I'm moving out in a few days.

I got another one to add:

You've stayed up so late so many nights, lights off, typing as silently as possible so you don't wake up your roommate, clenching your jaw 'cause you think somehow that'll make you quieter--and now,even when you're not online or not trying to type quietly, you find yourself clenching your jaw, and you can't stop.

Ok, maybe that's just me, but it sucks!

Mara quotes we haven't posted yet. Hmm, maybe we can ask Shmi to post some we haven't seen yet Muahahaha! But really, I'll have to look into that--I don't own many of the books yet, so let me raid the library. I shall return.

=jaded=

Hear me, Jaded! Hear me! Do not say "Damn you" because it's the darkside of the force (god, we have another jedi knight embrace the evil principles and fall into the arms of Palpy/Exar Kun). If you decide to join the darkside, would you please send me a royal guard uniform or it might be even better if you can steal palpy's cloak, thank you very much!

More on Mara.
    You know you are an INCORRIGIBLE MJ addict when:
    1. Your are the one who broached topic "Mara Jade Addiction", and you have no timidity in admitting this. (Guilty as charged).

2. You have become so sensitive to every sound wave in your environment because at any second, your conservative parents might storm in/intrude your room and discover accidentally that your are posting....(insinuating an evil, sly grin)

3. You exploit every single minute that your parents are not home, and use that time for...(dub in several common symptoms among MJ addicts)

4. Your are a published, professional EU writer. Your book has never metntioned the character Mara, yet you post at a pretty regular pace on this thread to either praise or defend Mara and Luke. (We know who, )

5. You're freezing cold in your room. Thus, you start your computer and log on to this forum. The heat emitted from your CPU during this long interval of posting time is enough to bake you (medium or well-done?)

6. For Ladies ONLY: You admired heartfully with all you might about the feisty red-head heroine, especially her sharp attitude. Even more gravely, you have adopted every single bit of her attitude and are practicing it on your boyfriend, who is nowhere near Luke Skywalker (and probably a lot off)

7. Have you ever tried or considered about "L'Oreal" Excellence red-gold/bronze hair dye or Feria hair dye?

8. You've promised yourself that you are going to do something for school on a Saturday morning the night before and resist the temptation of posting on this thread. When it comes to that Saturday morning, you found yourself sitting in front of the computer and typing at a frenzied pace AGAIN!

24. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>7. Have you ever tried or considered about "L'Oreal" Excellence red-gold/bronze hair dye or Feria hair dye?

&lt;raises her hand&gt; I confess! I admit it, it's true... I briefly considered becoming a redhead about a month back. I ended up changing my mind and just getting more blond streaks instead. 'Course it wasn't TOTALLY because of Mara that I considered doing this... but she was a contributing factor.

Casta, I love your idea for a periodical section! We can have features of the month/season/whatever and when we get something new, we can archive the old ones with the rest of the essays and stuff. That way, you won't need to devote huge chunks of time to all those essays.

Hmm... if I get time this weekend (THAT would be a surprise... I only have about two tons of homework!) I will add the Temple of the Cult of Jade page to the site... oh, and a humor page as well.

Oh, btw, did I ever tell you all where I got the phrase "Mara Jade Mafia"? It's actually sort of an interesting story... some guy said something about Mara that wasn't exactly complimentary, and some other guy said something like, "Watch it... you're gonna get the Mara Jade mafia at your throat!" I thought it was kinda funny, so the next time there was a thread about Mara, I proclaimed myself the leader of the Mara Jade Mafia. It was supposed to be a joke, but it kinda stuck, at least in my mind.

So... http://www.mara_jade_mafia.homestead.comSupport the Mara Jade Mafia !!!

-mjeh

25. Casta Diva

Apr 30, 2000
    I've found this piece on the Club Jade Section, and I think it'll make an entertaining side-piece besides my hefty, long essays. Please read it, notify me, and then I'll delete it because that's just way too much space. I just did this for the sake of conveniency for viewing.

Dating Game theme ensues, as host comes out on brightly decorated stage,
    wearing a tacky plaid sportscoat with white pants. The oil in his dyed
    hair glints mischievously as he smiles a too-white grin.&gt;

Host: Hello there GFFA'ers! This is Wink Winkleman, your host for-

THE DATING GAME!!!

&lt;cheers erupt from the crowd, prompted by the ever-ready stagehands&gt;

Wink: Are you ready to meet our lucky contestants?

Crowd: Yeah!!!

&lt;Camera turns to side of stage, where a malt blonde woman enters, smiling
    stoically. Her skirt is a little too short for the stool she's supposed
    to
    sit on, though it pointedly shows off her legs to the crowd.
    Appreciative
    whistles fill the air.&gt;

Wink: Here's Bachelorette #1! Her name is Callista Craycomputer, and
    she's
    presently in the interim with employment. &lt;gives knowing look to crowd&gt;
    Now, what do you typically look for in a date, Callie?

Callista: Well, I would prefer someone that is respectful to me and will
    do
    as I ask, someone who won't tell me what to do and when to do it, and
    lastly, someone who knows how to cook.

Wink: O-kay! Obviously, you've got some priorities. Bachelorette #2!
    &lt;Another dark blonde comes out, though much shorter. Her hair is swept
    back in a clasp and she is wearing a very long and demure skirt, though
    oddly she is barefoot.&gt; This is Gaeriel Captison, viewers! She's a
    political figure and stateswoman from her home planet of Bakura, and she
    enjoys classical music. Now, what do YOU look for in a date, Gaeri?

Gaeriel: Ahh, someone who understands and respects my religion, will
    sacrifice themselves for me and oh, they have to live on Bakura, or
    they're
    out of luck.

Wink: All-righty! Bachelorette #3, come on out! &lt;A fiery redhead comes
    out from behind the curtain, wearing a sensible outfit meant to blend in
    on
    several worlds and carrying a silver-colored lightsaber on her hip. She
    glares at the greasy-looking man and sits down.&gt; Bachelorette #3 is Mara
    Jade, a Master Trader who is currently based on Coruscant. Tell me,
    Mara,
    what's your ideal date?

Mara: &lt;grins unexpectantly&gt; I know the answer to that, but I'm not going
    to tell *you*. Let's just say that they have to be 'fun'.

[Hlynn: Can you tell I just reread Stuff? &lt;G&gt; Please add on, anyone who
    remembers the Dating Game formula! Even 'Singled Out' would work!]

------------------------------------

&lt;Michelle picks up the tossed guantlet and considers...&gt;
    Well, I can't say that I remember the exact format of the game show, but
    I
    think I can remember enough to take a go at this... This isn't the best
    thing I've ever written, but this was too much of a fun challenge to pass
    up! :cool: So, here goes...

Wink: Okay ladies, if you'll take your places behind the partition then
    we'll be able to bring out our lucky bachelor. This young man once
    served
    in the military during the war against the Empire. Now he serves as a
    teacher at the Jedi Academy on the fourth moon of Yavin. It says here he
    likes to take long, solitary hikes through the jungle and spending hours
    in
    quiet meditation. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our bachelor
    contestant, Luke Skywalker.

&lt;Luke enters dressed practically, for once, in dark military pants and
    boots and a light colored shirt. A lightsaber rests comfortably at his
    hip. He offers a feeble smile to the welcoming audience.&gt;

Wink: Luke, welcome to the Dating Game. Are you ready to ask our
    bachelorettes your questions?

Luke: &lt;a bit hesitantly&gt; Yes, I think so.

&lt;Wink gives the contestant a hearty slap on the back&gt; Go get 'em, tiger!

Luke: &lt;with a heavy sigh, the game begins &gt; I've been fortunate to visit
    many different worlds in my life, some of them very beautiful.
    Bachelorette #1, what's the most bea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.