Mara Jade Fan Club Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheB5Fan, May 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casta Diva Jedi Knight

star 2
    Verbatim: Dialogues among MJ Addicts
    No. 3 Amore Immortal, the Emobidment of the Ideal--Mara and Luke

TK-667:
    "Family-Unknown; recently married Luke Skywalker, joining the Skywalker/Solo clan."

MJEH:
    "She's the perfect match for Luke. Need I say more?"

Xizora:
    "She(Mara) gets to marry Luke! Lucky her."

Fledgling:
    "I am now fully supporting the Mara/Luke marriage."

B5Fan:
    "Mara is one hell of a woman .....but she has no cooking skill...... guess Luke does all the cooking"

Belodrion:
    "...wooed the most dangerous woman in the galaxy..."

Darth Tuna
    "Luke and Mara are not conventional people...Luke has what I will call for want of better terminology, a female side,of sensitivity and compassion. Mara, on the other hand posesses some qualities assumed to be typically male. They respond to these characteristics in each other. That's why I feel they make such an interesting couple. However, Luke's sensitive side hardly makes him weak- on the contrary, and Mara's strengths do not save her from vulnerability."

Shmi:
    "Well said, Darth Tuna (you probably make a MEAN sandwich!). There was also an intriguing spiritual balance between them; while Mara served the Emperor and is one tough chick, she's the one (in VotF) who calls Luke back to a solid grounding . . . a stance of humility, as it were."

Bror Jace:
    "If Mara didn't set Luke straight, who would have?"

B5Fan
    "Being a Jedi makes him(Luke) powerful but Mara gives him a dose of reality."

Nalana
    "...Someone in love would be brave enough to tell the subject of their affection when they think they've gone astray...I appplaud the fact that she(Mara) cared enough to say it(pointing out Luke's flaws)... Mara... made progress in revealing her feelings, at least to Luke."

Verbally abuse? I think that's her way of flirting with him! As for the "deserving" part, I can totally see that. Someone needs to keep him grounded, especially with everyone running around calling him "Master Skywalker" and things like that.

Jaded:
    "Her verbal abuse when concerning Luke seems like an "affectionate" form. So she calls him "farm boy." Would people prefer that she call him, "Great one?" Dude, even if she just called him "Luke" all the time, it would take away some of that spark."

TK-667:
    "I think he would be scared if she suddenly stopped doing it!"

B5Fan:
    "I think its cute and in the latest books it seems like she now just likes to tease him with her remarks. Anyways the writers can't have her go all mushy and have to let Mara have that edge she has always had."
    And I really don't think Luke minds all that verbal abuse ;-)

Zarathustra:
    "I want him (Luke) to be happy,after all those lonely difficult years."

B5:
    "Mara Jade is my favorite character next to Luke so they make a good match hehe."

Shaeri's Conscience"
    "If you carefully read the scene in Darksaber where she goes to Yavin, it is obvious that she is struggling between loving (at least liking A LOT) Luke and remaining invulnerable as her instincts tell her to. (Luke of course, seems to be clueless <chagrinned look>.)"

Nomi Jade (originally lyrics)
    "She fell in love with Luke, and a life they'll share,
    She's the best EU woman out there...."

B5Fan:
    "Imagine her and Luke trying to take care of a couple of kids!"

Jedi Trace:
    "The definition of soulmate is the person who can see you for exactly who you are, acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses, and still care for you unconditionally. All of the Luke & Mara "confrontations" in VotF were showing us and them that they are, in fact, soulmates."

Club Jade (Fan fic vs. ProFic:
    YOU KNOW YOU ARE READING FAN FIC WHEN
    Luke and Mara take a trip.
    Luke and Mara save the galaxy.
    Luke and Mara do the deed.
    Luke and Mara live happily ever after.
    Luke has a wife, many children and lives happily ever after.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE READING STAR WARS PRO FICTION WHEN:
    Mara Jade either tries to kill Luke or smiles at him and disappears. (or
    both in the same pro work)

I'll stop here, this is not all. I'll add more as the time goes on.. I need more time and energy to polish the whole thin
  2. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I usually try to avoid the Fan Clubs because they tend to brew trouble, but I will cast in my lot as a huge Mara Jade Skywalker fan. I remember the huge smile I had on my face when I was at work reading VotF, when Luke finally proposed to the red-headed bombshell. It was just meant to be, and I thought so ever since I read the Thrawn trilogy all those years ago.
    So anyway, long live Mara Jade!
  3. TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is the "You know when you are a Mara addict when..." list of things I'm guilty for:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>You have expressed discontent comments at least once regarding the stories written by Hambly and KJA .
    <LI>When you hear the name Callista, you go "Die Callista! Die, Callista!" (or something similar)
    <LI>You can not write a fan-fic without gearing the theme toward Mara.
    <LI>You post frequent enough on Mara thread.
    <LI>Whenever you read a fan fic, you keep asking yourself: Where's Mara?
    <LI>You scan through any fan fic, just for a mention of Mara.
    <LI>You check this thread every five minutes for new posts
    <LI>You see a red head, and you automatically think, Mara!
    <LI>You're trying to match up songs of your favorite singers with Mara Jade's moods.
    <LI>You hailed Timothy Zahn as the greatest EU writer. Doubtless, he is.
    <LI>Have you ever bickered with one of the Callista fans?
    <LI>When you received a new copy of EU novel, you first scan quickly through all the mara/luke parts.
    <LI>Have you ever tried or considered about "L'Oreal" Excellence red-gold/bronze hair dye or Feria hair dye?
    </UL>

<LI>You spend HOURS in front of a computer reading ALL the fanfics about Mara and Luke that you could find
    <LI>You search for all the sites in the internet that has M&L's fanfic
    <LI>You do a little Mara icon
    <LI>You think about doing a Mara and Luke icon after a friend asks for it
    <LI>You do a homepage about Luke and Mara
    <LI>You give ideas of names for a new topic when/if the old one goes down, such as: Jade's Heir and The Mara Jade Fan-club Reborn Strikes Back!

*sigh*
    I THINK this is all...

TRMJ
    Debora

[This message has been edited by TheRealMaraJade (edited 05-13-2000).]
  4. Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Go Team Jade!!

I found the last page of our old thread.

Forum3/HTML/002545-46.htmlMara Jade Fan Club - reborn!

Retreating back to lurkerdom...

[This message has been edited by Hunter Of Winds (edited 05-13-2000).]
  5. TK-667 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Of course I'm back B5! Did 'ya think I did abandon my fav redhead? Not a chance in he11!

Casta Diva, don't make me get the top ten list out again!!!!

Another sign your an MJ addict. You try and figure out signs you're an addict.

Cure Mara!
  6. Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Please vote for a new Mara Jade forum.

[This message has been edited by Hunter Of Winds (edited 05-15-2000).]
  7. Jaded Jedi Knight

star 3
    Casta, sorry hun, but I will swear as I see fit But I'll take the darkside factor into consideration.

You know, I've been looking at the threads that delve into character debates on Mara and I think this is the conclusion I drew from it: Mara's faults are also the same things that endear her to me.

She doesn't like to show weakness, but this causes her to shut herself off from others. To some people, she comes off cold, but it's how she keeps from being vulnerable.

It's a weakness, but it's also a trait I admire. She keeps her problems her problems and doesn't flake out at the first sign of trouble. And she doesn't whine and is able to work things out by herself.

I posting this here and not in the "are you annoyed" thread because in there it will simply end up as a "I hate Mara and nothing will change my mind so I'm not really going to hear you out on this point blah blah blah" thing. Unless there is an anti-Mara troll in here, and then I'm whipping out the double-barrelled blaster and taking no prisioners. mad.gif

Anyway, on to pleasanter things:

As for her "telling-off" Luke, well, why not? She's his friend and although it came off as abrasive to some people I think that it was something he needed. You can't shelter people all the time from their possible faults, regardless of their position and your position. It's hard to take criticism from a friend whose opinion you vaule, but it's just as hard to dish it out to a friend whom you respect and care for.

I think the reason Luke took it as much as he did was because he saw the validity in her argument and since then has readjusted it.

Someone had to do it.

Ah, now on for signs that you're a Mara Jade Addcit:

1). Started the battle cry, "Go Team Jade"

2). Designed Mara Jade T-Shirts in spare time.

O Woe Is Me. Or is it?

=jaded=
  8. Queen_Pixie Jedi Master

star 4
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand:
    &lt;raises her hand&gt; I confess! I admit it, it's true... I briefly considered becoming a redhead about a month back.

I did just dye my hair light auburn, and also not completely because of Mara. I have such boring light brown hair, coloring it light red makes it less boring.

Cure Mara!

[This message has been edited by Queen_Pixie (edited 05-13-2000).]
  9. Belvana Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, guys and girls,
    i don't have the time and money to read all your replies yet (perhaps tomorrow, i'm too tired now, it's 1AM now,)
    but i only want you to know i'm with you. i like mara (although i wrote a letter to her in the 'write a letter to your most loved or hated SW character'-thread... )
    and i ... oh my god i'm so tired the words vanish from my mind... so, the only thing my tired brain wants to let you know is that i'm with you and i like her and you'll see me post more often in this thread (be happy or hate this news...)
    bye, Belvana *yawn*
  10. Belvana Jedi Master

star 4
    you talk about red hair???
    ha, i can talk about that all day long (but not this night...)
    i myself have (especcially in summer) dark red-brown hair... in summer more red (but not such a fair colour, real dark like old wine....), in winter more brown. that`s natural... but i sometimes underline it with a little colouring...
    i like it and it isn`t boring... and that such a girl like mara has the same colour ...
    oh my god, what did i want to say... even the screen is getting darker now, i think i'll fall asleep in the next minutes...
    so, red hair is IMHO really beautiful and if you want to get your hair coloured like this, make it.
    so, bye, Belvana (last post for tonight...)
  11. Queen_Pixie Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, the last page of the MJFC-reborn is page 49, not page 46.

Ok, off to go work some more overtime!

Cure Mara!
  12. TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master

star 4
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Jump - I'll catch you. - Luke to Mara

Then, Mara jumps and falls into Luke's surprisingly strong arms. They look into each other eyes, and suddenly realize that they love each other, which is expressed by a passionate kiss... rolleyes.gif

Well, this isn't what happens in DFR, but my imagination sometimes doesn't obey me...or does it?
    I can't wait to finish reading DFR to read TLC, The Hand of Thrawn Duology and the NJO books...

TRMJ
  13. Casta Diva Jedi Knight

star 2
    There is a scene in the "Dating Game" where Timothy Zahn interupts the game and intrudes the stage, in order to tell Luke that "I've cleared (the mara issue) with George." That was really hilarious, and I have always loved that line. Even the whole program seems so informal and unconcerned with the real Star Wars, it actualy sums up Luke's relationship with the three woman and added some good humor as well as sarcasm in it. I wonder what's Zahn's reaction once he saw the scene in which he virtually appears. Frankly, though I loved that scene, I found it kind ironic. Gosh, Luke even has to have an agent to clear with George on his own love life. . Just kidding, we know George holds all the rights on the character. It's just a side note for you guys to bring out this point again.

[This message has been edited by Casta Diva (edited 05-13-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Casta Diva (edited 05-13-2000).]
  14. Casta Diva Jedi Knight

star 2
    MJEH: Since I plan to help you to release some of my dialogues in June, I've stopped working on the next ones. I'm going back and starting to edit all the old dialogues and re-re-arrange them. Hopefully, you can put it out by the beginning of June.
  15. Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Kewl, Casta. Whatever works for you... after all, it's your stuff! I'm just taking advantage of your genius.

Will be updating the site ASAP, but no promises 'cuz I've got about a ton and a half of homework left. (Hey, I'm through half of one ton! Yay!)

As far as Mara "lecturing" Luke on the Force, I will bring up an analogy I mentioned early in the first thread (hopefully it won't be misinterpretted a second time!): let's suppose that on a hypothetical day, a hypothetical person is walking down a hypothetical street and sees a hypothetical house burning down. The hypothetical owners are unaware that their hypothetical house is on fire. But our hypothetical person just shakes his or her hypothetical head and says, "Well, it's none of my concern... I'm not a fire fighter."

Now we modify the situation with Luke as the house burning down and Mara as the casual onlooker. She may have not been a Jedi Master, but that does not mean that it is not her business to tell Luke that he's in trouble when she can see it and he can't. If she were to just shut up and let him keep making his mistakes... well, it would be like our hypothetical person who decided that because he or she was not "qualified" to fix the problem, he or she had no reason to alert the house's hypothetical owners of the fact that their house was on fire. Is THAT the right thing to do?

Honestly, I don't know what so many people's problem with her telling Luke that he was screwing up. So what if she was "blunt" about it? What did they EXPECT her to do? "Oh, Lukie dearest darling, I think that maybe you've been contaminated by the Dark Side, and perhaps you're pushing yourself too hard to save the galaxy... but even though it's totally obvious to me, I'm just your student so I'm probably wrong. Forgive my boldness in telling you that you have a problem"?!?

Hey, I think I'll write an essay of my OWN on the subject. Heh heh heh...

-mjeh

http://www.mara_jade_mafia.homestead.comSupport the Mara Jade Mafia!!
  16. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    We can adopt the South Park movie tagline
    Now, Jaded, you know I'm usually with you on issues around here, but re: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>what do you guys think about: "The Mara Jade Fan Club--Bigger, Better, and Uncut"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! And that's all I have to say about that!

TheRealMaraJade: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>When you received a new copy of EU novel, you first scan quickly through all the mara/luke parts.I'm actually trying to break that habit - LOL! I only skipped ahead one time in Onslaught, but Balance Point could be tough. The last non-SW book that I read by KT had me hyperventilating, and I think I broke a sweat trying not to jump ahead to find out the outcome! It was worth it, though!

My favorite Mara scenes and quotes...hmmm...

Be right back!

17. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Favorite Mara scenes:

The confrontation with Exar Kun in I, Jedi: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"Is that the best you've got?" The tone of the voice had enough edge to etch transparisteel and would have flensed me alive, but I knew it wasn't directed at me. Through tear-clouded eyes I looked up and saw Mara Jade sauntering into the temple....

"What?" Exar Kun's voice roared, as if in volume and intensity it could batter her down. "Who dares?"

"Who cares, more correctly."

and the following scene from Jade Solitaire: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>And Mara's lightsaber came spinning across the room toward her...she caught and ignited the weapon, in the same moment cutting down the two guards flanking her.
    And the entire audience chamber collapsed into pandemonium.

The nearest of the Drach'nam, too close to use their whips against her, went for their knives instead. They died holding them. Those further back lived a little longer, but not much...Mara slashed through their ranks like a mowing machine, littering the rocky ground behind her with their bodies, a haze of righteous fury clouding her vision...

And suddenly, or so it seemed, it was over.
    She stood in the middle of the room, lightsaber held high, gasping hard with her exertion. All around her were piles of Drach'nam bodies-
    [I would not have believed it]...H'sishi was pressed against the wall behind the throne, staring at Mara with an expression of stunned disbelief...

Favorite Mara quotes:
    (well, some of them)

"You know, Skywalker-just between us-you're pretty pathetic when you try to be devious." - The Last Command

"You don't think the two of us tackling a whole fortress of unknown enemies is giving us too much of an advantage, do you?" - Vision of the Future

"Okay, Ivak, I'm clearly and completely defeated. This is your cue to come back and talk to me again." - Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand

"I think the idea of coming here ot Dantooine is good, for the both of us. I'll learn my limitations, you'll learn yours, and when we're done, we'll both come out of this stronger than anyone could have expected." - Onslaught...from her mouth to the ears of the NJO-powers-that-be!

18. Queen_Pixie Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, oh, found another song that fits M and L's relationship!!!

Everytime I think of you.
    I get a shot right through into a bottom pool.
    Its no problem of mine, but its a problem I find.
    Living a life that I can't leave behind.

There's no sense in telling me.
    The wisdom of a fool won't set you free.
    But that's the way that it goes,
    and its what nobody knows.
    And everyday my confusion grows.

Everytime I see you falling
    I get down on my hands and pray
    waiting for that final moment
    you say the words that I can't say

I feel fine, and I feel good
    I feel like I never should
    Whenever I get this way
    I just don't know what to say
    Why can't we be ourselves like we were yesterday?

I'm not sure what this could mean
    I don't think your what you seem
    I do admit to myself
    That if I hurt someone else
    we'll never see just what we're meant to be

Everytime I see you falling
    I get down on my knees and pray
    waiting for that final moment
    you say the words that I can't say

The song is called Bizarre Love Triangle, by an Australian band called Frente(I don't think there still recording anymore)

So, whatta ya think?

Go Team Jade!!!

19. TK-667 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have something evil and devilish upcoming. It is in response to one of Casta Divas posts, so blame Casta Diva.

Enjoy.....MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

Here it is from the home offices in Toronto and St. Louis its kddid and CC's Top Ten Things Mara Jade should of said in response to C******** comment on p. 91.

C****** says, "I also heard hints that you might have been intrested in Luke yourself at one time." Heeere we go.
    10)"My aren't WE a little insecure?!"
    9)"Luke and I? What makes you think we aren't?"
    8)"C******, you need to find something to do with yourself when Luke's busy, besides gossip about me."
    7)"Whats wrong with you? Not feeling like your *old* self?"
    6)"He wishes!"
    5)"I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!" (We know, but its a CLASSIC!)
    4)"You know, Cray looked better as a blonde....."
    3)"If I wanted him, you wouldn't sitting here."
    2)"Been there, done him."
    1)Finally, Mara gets real sick of the whole conversation and dots C****** in the eye.

How about this one.........

"Who do you think is responsible for this?" as she points to her swollen abdomen.

Heheheh. Classic Club Jade humor.

My fav quote, jeez I don't think I have a specific one. But I think that every MJFC'er should like this one.

In response to Luke's proposal....
    "Yes, I will!"

YEAH! Now thats the stuff! Later.

Cure Mara!
  20. TheB5Fan Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahhh back from day of gaming

I was thinking, how about we all pitch in lines.....That would have been heard on Skywalker's wedding night. Now this is just fun and only use QUOTES FROM THE BOOKS OR MOVIES. Remember don't go to far. There was a similar fan fic in the fic forum before, but it was all Anakin/Amidala.... so lets try L/M.

1.)"We did it!"
  21. Queen_Pixie Jedi Master

star 4
    1.)"We did it!"

2.Yub Yub

LOL Sorry, I'm on X-wing overload. And I'm getting #7 and #8 from the library tomorrow.

3. Luke- "I love you." Mara- "I know."

[This message has been edited by Queen_Pixie (edited 05-14-2000).]
  22. TheB5Fan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm maybe this was heard.

"Yippea!"
  23. Jaded Jedi Knight

star 3
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>lines.....That would have been heard on Skywalker's wedding night.

Luke: Being a Jedi definitely has its advtanges.

Mara: And to think, I still have so much to learn.

Luke: Private lessons?

Mara: Yes, and starting as of now.

=jaded=

Speaking of hair dye--I was at the store today and my friends were looking at some red dye--guess what I associated that with. Oh sigh
  24. TK-667 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh-oh, this is gonna be trouble!

*Snap-hiss* hehe

"Look at the size of that thing!"

[This one is censored for your own protection!]
    If you really wanna know e-mail me. But I warn you this is the sickest thing I've thought of.

Cure Mara!
  25. Casta Diva Jedi Knight

star 2
    For all MJ addicts who post here: Can you gusy find a way to keep the "Mara Jade Fan Club--Reborn" alive on the first page? I desperately need them to write up the dialogues. If the administration take it down, then I can't write anything. I'll try to copy the text to my disks, but that's just too big a thread to download.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.