main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheB5Fan, May 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Eh, while I'm here I might as well claim reply #100 too.

http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

Go Team Jade!

=jaded=

2. pax mosaic

pax mosaic Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2000
    B5, Casta is back to do her monster of physics problem sets, so I'm substituting for her during this time interval. Gosh, please have some pity on her brain.

Verbatim: Dialogues among MJ Addicts
    No. 4 One day When We Were Young...and Inexperienced--Old Hearthrobs Cunumdrum

Nomi Jade
    "...seeing as I was devastated the day I read about the Callista thing, the Gaeriel thing, the Akanah thing....... "

The B5Fan:
    "...remember those funny lines we talked about in the Akanah thread.."

Tk-667:
    "Incestous love affairs in the SW universe, on the next Geraldo!"

You guys, I do need more, but I have to leave it here. If you'd be kind and go back to check the old thread, please notify me when you see quotes regarding to this topic... Thanx!

Ah, I might as well talk about fan-fic right now. For the best of all, both Casta and I have unanimous consent on the novel "Mosaic" found in Club Jade (and many other places as well), written by Nicole. This fan-ficton is so well written, and it corresponds well with many elemens in the pro-fic. The first part, Vision of the Past, transcends all commonly perceived characterization on the relationship between Mara and Callista. It reveals both Mara and Callista at their galvanizing best, as well as the best in their relationship with each other. This piece has shown that Mara can be a feisty heroine but she's as well capable of something really noble. I found other fan-fics'(mara's two lovers, etc) depiction of Mara rather single-minded and narrowly focused on one or two aspect. On the contrary, "Mosaic" excels in complexity and runs the gamut of Mara's emotions, in which she's the most supreme. Other parts Spectre of the Future, Bane of the Present, and Grace of Eternity are equally excellent as well. But I found the first part epitomizes the ideals of Mara Jade, and shed light on the Mara-Callista relationship. On a scale from 1-10: 9.8, at least.

3. TheB5Fan

TheB5Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 1999
    Geez Jaded, didn't know you were that kind of girl.

4. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    How would Mara respond to this:?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>In your dreams, B5Fanboy.

=jaded=

Hey, it's mother's day--today's rallying cry, "Cure Mara and give the Skywalkers some kids!"

5. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Man, what happened to the nightowls? I come here during the day and theres forty new posts! I sat up all night an no one really ever added, except Phoenix and Casta Diva. Those were once each. Oh, well, I'm up now.

Hmmmm, motto for Team Jade should be "I want more life *****r!" Classic line from the cult classic Blade Runner.

Now, now B5 and Jaded. No fighting, or slave driving.

Mara Jade finally snaps at DR/LFL and the "Yuzzies" and shouts, "I want more life *****r!"

Cure Mara!

6. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Hey TK, Jaded is the one with the horns.

I just got a whip

7. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Casta, how did you convert your sister to a Mara addict?
    I would like to be competent enough to do the same thing with my sister...but I just can't...

One other thing: why don't we start a add-on fanfic about M&L as soon as possible? And not only "M&L interview" (which you should start, Jaded...)
    I mean, on the fanfiction forum the only M&L fanfics are Jaded's and taramidala's fanfics (by the way, very well written...we need more!

TRMJ

8. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Alright, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't going to be any severed limbs at the end of the day.

I did a joke fanfic once, its just sunk way down. Oh, well, Jaded lets get the show on the road!

Cure Mara and give her and Skywalker some rugrats!

9. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Hehe converts Soon everyone will be assimilated. Mara rules.

Shes the one with the lightsaber TK! Take her away! AAAEEEYYYYY!!!!!!! redface.gif

10. Casta Diva

Casta Diva Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    The Real Mara Jade: How did I convert Pax to be a Mara fan? She likes Star Wars A LOT, and she likes Mara (or at least doesn't hate her). All I have to do is to let the heat climb up a couple Celsius and here goes another converted Mara Addict! When you have a bunch of non-believers, that's really a grueling job to do. Pax likes Star Wars, but she's just not to ouvertly that fanatic about it. But I need an ally as fanatic as me in the family!
    Pax is back doing her English homework, and I'm subbing in for her. . Alternating between sisters, aha. She's regretting for three hours of not capitalizing P and M in pax mosaic , while I, was gloating upon her regret because I capitalized mine.

When I left the thread, it was only in the 80s. Now, it's over a hundred in three days. I think this time we're posting at even a faster rate than we did last time.

Jaded: Stop being so smug about claiming the a hundredth post. I'll race you to a thousand.

When Pax came back, bombard her!!!! Well, both of us are not going to be online since next week is just going to be as hellish has this one. Thank god, school is going to be over in four or five weeks. Dawn the torpedo, full speed ahead.

11. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Homework? Whats with people putting things before Mara addiction? Its just wrong!

12. Casta Diva

Casta Diva Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    Pax has already written our opinions on one of the fan fictions, and I might just as well make it another topic for us to discuss. I know many of you guys had at least once steaming over your slow computer and the crummy printer, slaving over the computer to download more fan-fics.

I believe that you guys have proably read at least one of them for at least two times. Now, please present your opinions on each separate fiction.

As well, I have an issue regarding fan-fic that you guys might want to debate on. There are depictions of sexual situtations in many fan-fics. I have no trouble with that but I do dislike that, especially the excess. Certain things are of the author's choice, but oh well...those novels about L/M don't even need sex to enrich the plot. You may never witness Luke and Mara consummate their marriage in any novel, yet doesn't indicate that you don't feel their closeness. Sure, such thing is a tool for the novel and it is widely seen in the romance novels, yet I just think sex somewhat cheapens the L/M and it's a rather trivial thing.

13. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    Ah, Casta Diva - Sex has been THE Mara/Luke staple from the beginning. It is tradition.

One might say, we see enough of them NOT doing it in the novels...

We posted a story on http://www.parsec12.comparsec12 that has a rather explicit sex scene simply because it said a lot of good things about the Jedi beforehand. Did it need the sex? The author thought so.

IMHO - if the authors does the rest of the story well, let them have their fun. The ones that really have no purpose are pretty easy to spot, they'll usually bristle with rating warnings anyway. And of course EVERYONE has their own versions of 'explicit'...

14. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Casta Diva: I agree with you about the issue of sex in the novels/fan fic! Writing explicitly about the act is...well...just that. The physical act. No big deal - you can buy it on the street from complete strangers.

What counts is the relationship, and it takes more than panting and pawing to portray that. Sex is a powerful connection between a couple who have bonded emotionally and spiritually, and until that part of the relationship is portrayed, the rest is just...irrelevant.

On a side note: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to Queen Pixie, Shmi, and any other moms here that I don't know about! (sorry!)

15. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Geez, there is already delays in posts! I think maybe it happens with large posts?

16. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    Thanks Jedi_Trace! Happy Mother's day to you too!

While we are on the topic of mothers, I want to show everyone my picture of my son! Just got it done today.
    http://pages.ivillage.com/pp/momtoben98/index.html http://pages.ivillage.com/pp/momtoben98/index.html

See, he's got his Obi-wan haircut!

On the sex topic, most of it is WAY too much. I don't mind a some, but hey, I'm an old married lady, I need some excitement in my life sometimes. LOL I still think that IF they ever have M & L do it, Peter David should write the book. I just discovered that David HAS done some SW stuff(comics) so I think he could write it, he did a good job writing the scene where Troi and Riker(yes, ST, I admit it)consumnated in Imzadi.

Cure Mara!

[This message has been edited by Queen_Pixie (edited 05-14-2000).]

17. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    On the fan fic/sex topic. I'd rather not read it, but that's just me. I would prefer that bandwidth be spent on good conversation and interesting action. Excess, in whatever it is, is excess. Too much romance gets sappy. Too much action gets mind-numbing. You get the picture.

Casta_Diva wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Jaded: stop being so smug about claiming the a hundredth post.

Snap. Hiss

Did you say something, dear? Race you to 2,000 then--all of ya! Muahahaha!

=jaded=

18. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    YUCK! It's 3:30 A.M. here and I'm still typing a paperwork to college!
    Well, about the sex in the fanfics, I have to agree with you: the excess is really annoying, although I don't mind a fanfic that has some sexual content but also portraits the relationship of L&M well. Which, IMHO, is much more than just about sex.
    Casta, about the sister thing: my sister likes SW, but she isn't fanatic like I am...to tell you the truth, she just likes the movies, and have never read a book. Besides, I think she is beginning to hate SW because I talk to much about it...So much that even though she is 16 and I'm 19, she says I'm childish! You get the picture...

TRMJ

19. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Warning, this thread may not be P2K compliant! hehe, the last one sure the he11 wan't!

Well, why are we talkin about xes? Nevermind. Well in my opinon there is the good stuff and the bad stuff. I'm a teen, for a little while longer so I may prefer the latter.....for the moment. But in SW, you really don't need it. It would be nice to hint that L&M did consumate their marriage at least. Nothing graphic. But thats just my honest opinon.

Race you all to P3K! It's mine!!! Actually I just want post 667 again! Lates.

Cure Mara!

20. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    Still typing the histology paperwork...but I was listening to some music while doing it, and here goes one that IMHO could fit with L&M...this one is also a Savage Garden's song:

I Want You

Mara:
    Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
    And I am taken to a place
    Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
    Take up shelter in the base of my spine
    Sweet like a chica cherry cola
    I don't need to try to explain
    I just hold on tight and If it happens again
    I may move so slightly to the arms
    And the lips and the face
    Of The Human Cannonball that
    I need to I want to...

Mara:
    Come Stand a little bit closer
    Breathe in and get a bit higher
    You'll never know what hit you when
    I get to you

Luke:
    Ooh I want you, I don't know if I need you but Ooh I'd die to find out
    Ooh I want you, I don't know if I need you but Ooh I'd die to find out

Luke:
    I'm the kind of person who endorses a deep commitment
    Getting comfy getting perfect is what I live for
    But a look and then a smell of perfume
    It's like I'm down on the floor
    And I Don't know what I'm in for
    Conversation has a time and place in the interaction
    Of a lover and a mate but the time of talking
    Using symbols, using words can be likened
    To a deep sea diver who is swimming with a raincoat

Mara:
    Come Stand a little bit closer
    Breathe in and get a bit higher
    You'll never know what hit you when
    I get to you

Luke:
    Ooh I want you, I don't know if I need you but
    Ooh I'd die to find out
    oh I'd die to find out

Mara:
    Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
    And I am taken to a place
    Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
    Take up shelter in the base of my spine
    Sweet like a chica cherry colaI don't need to try to explain
    I just hold on tight and If it happens again
    I may move so slightly to the arms
    And the lips and the face
    Of The Human Cannonball that
    I need to I want to...

Luke:
    Ooh I'd die to find out
    oh I'd die to find out

21. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Heh, first time I heard that song, I got a headache trying to figure out what was being said

Off to work I go. Cya laters.

22. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Our opinions about fiction we have read!! Hmm sounds like a lot of work! Sorry guys,but I really cann't remember exactly what have had happen in each of them!Yes Mosaic is very fine, I agree!.There are funny dialoques between M&L there. And not too sappy. The author describe M&L right in my opinion. No feelings of hate/annoying of me towards Callista this time!! Callista was no match for Mara here again ! Nevertheless Callista was able to be very nobel,here though she definitely knew that she has lost the love of Luke! Oh Mosaic was the only fanfic that give me soft feelings towards Callista. The author was able to describe her as a really poor lonely tragic figure!! 3 stars for very good! I could recommend it to you without any doubt!! Well about the plot I shut my mouth of course!! I've read this fanfic a few times and I still love it!! And don't worry about sexscenes between M&L ! All clean here On the LMS website theres a link to the Mosaic website contain the story and pictures concerning the first part of Mosaic! Negativ aspect VERY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG READ There's a sequel MASK ( storytelling more about the daughter of M&L) ! I wasn't being able to read it need time

GO TEAM JADE GREETINGS ALL NEWBIES WELCOME TO CLUB JADE
    FIRST RULE HERE !!!! KEEP POSTING (just kidding)

23. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    The long road home ! 3 stars. I've read it a few times over and over again. There was a hot scene in it, but overall most clean. Mara tried to save Luke from his depressed mood after Callista left him. Of course after some insight and struggle Mara wins the heart of her beloved farmboy! But even Luke have had to convincing Mara that she loves him too MWUHAWAWHAHA I really could recommend it. Some lightsaber action,no no adventure,but nice!

24. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    One remarkable quote out of "Onslaught" Corran: "We're not going to be putting one of those memorials there for Mara, you know."

YEW we're agree!!! CURE MARA THEN!" MAKE LUKE HAPPY!!!

25. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    You know I've posted 3 message allready, and none of them showing up!! What happen! Don't tell me this is a large tread it's not!!

To comfort myself we are on page 4

Go team JADE!!!!

[This message has been edited by MJ.Frodo (edited 05-15-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.