main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheB5Fan, May 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    Hey! I am soooo excited ? does anyone remember the show Sports Night? It was on ABC for only about a season or two, but they cancelled it this year. Anyway, I just found out that Comedy Central just picked up the syndication rights, so they?ve started airing it! It looks like it will be on every Thursday night at 10:00 ? yeah, I know, right up against ER, but I guess that?s what VCR?s are for. PS ? for those of you who have no idea what I?m talking about, it?s a comedy/drama show about a bunch of people who work for a sports show.

TRMJ ? I love how at least Corran realizes that he?s just obstinate and pig-headed, yet it doesn?t really matter to him. That line about sending Jacen home if he keeps using logic is priceless! One of my favorites is this one from The Bacta War:
    Mirax: ?Too bad the bacta can?t cure annoying personality traits.?
    Iella: ?Congenital defect, I?m afraid. Corran?s always been competitive and contrary.?

Yay to TRMJ on getting Union and BP! And enjoy Emperor?s Hand, Taramidala!

That?s really funny about the I, Jedi/ ROTJ mix-up Marie. My mom learned awhile ago to just give me book store gift certificates instead of trying to figure out what I need. The EU spans so many years, that it?s hard to keep track of what happens when ? someone who has no knowledge of SW would be overwhelmed in trying to buy them as gifts!

2. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Marie and Payson, I know what you mean about SW books as gifts: it was my sister who gave me SotP, but I only had HotE. So I had to wait six months to buy the last 2 books of TTT. She also bought me Crimson Empire 2, but I don?t have Crimson Empire 1, so...=)

3. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Hey Payson! Yeah, we watched Sports Night tonight. I watched it like once when it was on CBS and I enjoyed it tonight. Yeah, the I, Jedi thing was funny, but I think I'll just have to keep the one she gave me because I'd feel bad about taking back a gift from my Grandmother.

Mara Rules!

4. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    I was thinking: Do you think that we will ever meet? I mean, wouldn't it be cool if all of us went to the Skywalker Ranch to ask, no DEMAND a Mara movie and/or cartoon? I mean, the ewoks have 2 movies and 1 cartoon, and the Droids have 1 cartoon...can't Mara have at least ONE of them??? =(
    But, regardless the result of our demand, it would be cool to have all the MJFC members face to face! =)

TRMJ

5. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    I agree; that would be cool. However, I don't especially want a restraining order against me. :) Even so, it would be fun to meet all of you.

6. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    I'm so excited! Soon we will be at 10000, just one more day! Right?! We'll party for sure.

Hard to contain my excitment at having the the biggest active thread on the JC!

~The Insane One

7. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    You know, TK, I'm already choosing some L&M quotes for tomorrow! ;)
    BTW, who will post the 10,000 post?

8. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    I agree, TRMJ. Too bad none of us are buddy buddy with Lucas himself. Not that it would really matter ? I?m sure he?d be pretty stubborn about it. :-( Good idea about showing up at the ranch, though. ;-)

Hey, as second choice we could all hit the SW ride at MGM ? and it?s right across from the Muppets 3-D movie, so Kermit would feel right at home. (Where is that frog, anyway?) I hope they have another SW Weekends at MGM again next year. This year they were every weekend in May ? if I hear about anything for next year, I?ll be sure to pass on the info. Not that it would be at all practical to attempt a group event, but we can always pretend, right? :-D

Glad you got to see Sports Night, Marie ? I loved that show! Do you ever watch West Wing (it?s by the same writer)? That?s really good, too, and I usually don?t watch dramas.

9. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    I agree, TK! I can hardly wait. This time tomorrow, maybe a little later, we'll be celebrating our milestone! I just hope we can keep the trolls away. I'm still nervous about that.

Payson: That's a great idea! Disney World would be a great place for a meeting.

TRMJ had a good question. Who have we finally decided should get the big post?

10. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Hee hee hee Marie!

11. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    I liked that idea about meeting in front of the SW ride!! =)
    Well, whenever I go to the US, I will tell all of you! =)

TRMJ

12. Kermit

Kermit Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2000
    So.....this is where you guys have been hiding :)

13. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Ah, well, it was a nice little visit here while it lasted. (don't worry - it's not because you found us, Kermie - it's just time to go back home) :-D

For anyone who?s new out there, we?ve moved back ?home? to the thread called ?Mara Jade Fan club- reborn!? See you there!

<Payson walks out the door and turns off the light.>

14. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    Is this working?

15. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    YAY! It's working! :D

So, I shall enjoy this last few moments and post my 1,000th post here, where most of my posts were made! :D

It's too bad that the Moderators are going to close this topic, just like they did with the Mara Jade Fan Club Reborn...It's not easy to reach 10,000th posts, like we did with the MJFCR. :(

If only they would transfer this topic (and the 2 others Mara Jade Fan Club: MJFCR and Return of the Mara Jade Fan Club) to the new EU: Community Forum... :(

But that's probably wishful thinking.

TRMJ

***LONG LIVE MARA JADE SKYWALKER!***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.