main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheB5Fan, May 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    hello "RealMARAJADE" How is your website going!
    I've visited your website for a few days!! Have missed a guestbook though!! I'd love it to sign! GO JADE GANG!!!

[This message has been edited by MJ.Frodo (edited 05-15-2000).]

2. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    A really nice son you got Queen Pixie!

Hmm something bad happened I used the wrong icon! Go Gang JADE

3. TheB5Fan

TheB5Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 1999
    Yes I've also noticed a bit of delay with certain posts, not all of them though. But this has been happening all over the JC. There seems to be problems with the JC lately and alot of threads, even smaller ones are affected. Hope this one stays.

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Queen_Pixie: Your little boy is absolutely gorgeous!! My dd is also blond, but with curls - too bad we can't get them together! She'd love the "Obi-un Kinooobi" look - LOL! (Isn't iVillage great! I love the boards there.)

Oh, and Go Team Jade!!

5. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Hmm i've read all those fic Frodo. They are pretty good. I just don't like the large amount of fics that contain both Mara and *******. To many people into that soap opera triangle crap tongue.gif . I really hope the ep2 does not turn out as some love triangle BS.

6. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Hmm... opinions on Mara/Luke fanfics? I've been up to my neck in them for several weeks now and can barely remember ANY titles. I can, however, remember that I absolutely, positively, totally hated "Mara's Two Lovers". I stopped reading less than halfway through, and I can almost always finish a M/L story. Did it have that effect on anyone else, or is it just me?

Sex in fanfics? Funny, there was a thread in Fan Fiction that ended up as a discussion of just that subject. I confess to writing a love scene now and then for various fanfics ("Boba Fett vs. Aurra Sing", for example), but my scenes are NEVER explicit. I am a firm believer in the use of innuendoes and suggestion. Graphic scenes always make me wince; was all that detail really necessary? Surely even fictional characters should be allowed some privacy! And so often sex isn't even relevant to the plot. It's just put in for no apparent reason and has no effect whatsoever on the plot.

I have nothing against throwing in the occasional sex scene if it has a place in the story, but just putting in a ton of explicit and graphic details for no reason is cheap and trashy.

Boy, I'm veering WILDLY off subject today...

Anyhoo, still on the general topic of fanfic, I am starting a Mara story ASAP. Like, tonight. I'll post a link as soon as it's up... in the mean time, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check out my current story, Forum16/HTML/000363.html"Songbird in a Snare" . No Mara yet, but it DOES take place in Jabba's palace a little before RotJ, so one of these days you might end up catching a glimpse of a red-gold haired dancer named Arica...

Now I'm off to start that story... bye for now!

-mjeh

http://www.mara_jade_mafia.homestead.comSupport the Mara Jade Mafia!!!

7. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    To me, sex is not needed at all in fics. You can imply it happened and thats all that is needed. Even if its not graphic or detailed, its not needed. Its like sex scenes in movies. Do they add anything? No, to me they just waste time. I find love scenes to be the most boring part of the movie. Theres nothing to it. The story is what I care about, and just a passing reference as used by MAS and in the Black Fleet Crisis is perfectly fine for me.

8. Jedi Corran Horn

Jedi Corran Horn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 1999
    Cute kid you get there pixie.

9. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Queen_Pixie, what a cute little boy! You must be proud of mini obi-wan

Hey, what's up with the thread slowing down? Post, people! I need something to read in between final exams!

I got an idea that might get you guys going. What are quotes you'd like to hear Mara say? It can be from any period.

Here's one I want to hear, and soon:

Mara: Luke . . . I'm pregnant.

yay! go mara jade

=jaded=

10. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, one of my favorite fanfics is "Your Place or Mine?". It doesn't have sex scenes, althought it has some sexual tension between them that was kinda graffic...but nothing too offensive

TRMJ

11. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    Thanks everyone! I'm proud of my little obi-ben, even when he's being a pain.

I want to hear....

Cilghal:Mara, your cured!!

Then I want to hear

Mara:I'm pregnant

Than I want to hear..

Cilghal:Its a boy!!!

Go Team Jade!!

12. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    As Mara surveys the seven children running around the Skywalker apartment...

Mara: Luke, I think it would be best if you put your lightsaber away, at least for a while.

eek.gif

=jaded=

13. Queen_Pixie

Jul 20, 1999
    Hey, just think about how easy Mara and Luke would have it when changing diapers. If it smells REALLY bad, they can just shield the smell away from them. If its really messy, they can change the diaper from 4ft away, not having to touch it at all! Now there is an advantage of the Force I could've used!!! LOL

I named the 7 Skywalkers over at the "shortest cure for mara" fan fic. But, as was pointed out to me, only 1 of the names really fits a girl. So let's name the mini-skywalkers!!!

[This message has been edited by Queen_Pixie (edited 05-15-2000).]

14. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Hey I'm usually here, just no one else posting so I wait for others to post first until I post again.

Lines I would love to hear Mara say?:

1.)"Oops, Callista fell on my lightsaber....again."

2.)Mara: "Ok, Im cured now Luke, we got work to do."
    Luke:

[This message has been edited by TheB5Fan (edited 05-15-2000).]

15. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>2.)Mara: "Ok, Im cured now Luke, we got work to do."
    Luke:
    http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif LOL! http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

My ideas of names for the seven children:
    Ben
    Amidala
    Shmi
    Arica
    Han
    Yoda
    Jade (it can be a boy's or a girl's name...I couldn't decide if they should have more girls or more boys... )

TRMJ

[This message has been edited by TheRealMaraJade (edited 05-15-2000).]

16. Queen_Pixie

Jul 20, 1999
    Yoda huh? LOL That's a good one!

I think one of the boys should be named Biggs, in memory of Luke's friend.

Other than that, I have NO idea on names. DH named Ben, and he picked the girl name we had too.

17. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    More lines I would like to hear Mara say:

Mara:"You know, what they say about farmboys is true!"
    Luke:

Mara: "Who's Akanah?"
    Luke: eek.gif

Mara: "Yippea Kay yea scum sucking bloated piece of slime ridden rat infested nerf herding Vong!" ***BOOM***
    (Move over Bruce Willis)

Mara: "Screw the hot chocolate, lets get out the liqour"

18. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Finally off the xes topic! Was getting annyoing!

I leave the naming of the Skywalker rugrats to the rest of you. I never think of any good names.

Lines we'd like Mara to say. I already gave one, although in the SW universe that would be offensive. Change it in some way I guess. All the lines are cool so far.

MARA: "Sorry Luke, ******* fell 157 times on my lightsaber. But believe me, I didn't kill her!"

Thats all I can think of at the moment. I'll find some more later!

Cure Mara!

19. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Forum16/HTML/000799.html"Across A Vast Distance~a Mara Jade story"

Please, please, PLEASE, PLEASE check it out. I beg and implore you. And if you read it I promise to stop whining! Isn't that motivation enough for you?

Again... pretty please with cherries on top?

-mjeh, shameless self-promoter

20. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Q: What are quotes you'd like to hear Mara say?

Eye-to-eye with Commander Shedao Shai <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Go ahead. Make my day!

Cure Mara!

21. Jedi Corran Horn

Jedi Corran Horn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 1999
    Howa'bout asta'lavista baby. Just before she shoots Nom Amor while he's stuck in Liquid Nitrogen.

22. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Hmm, another line. This one from Robocop. hehe.

To the those un-lovable "Yuzzies."

"Put down your weapons, you have 20 seconds to comply!"

Cure Mara!

23. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Since we're running on a theme of Mara taking out the galaxy's most annoying, how 'bout:

Luke: Mara, what happened?

Both look at a pile of furry, cream colored pieces

Mara: I don't know what happened. Councilor Fey'lya just went to pieces right in front of me.

=jaded=

24. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Ooohh. I like that. Cure Mara, Kill Fey'lya!

25. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Hmmm, I gotta add some lines. Im at work right now but I'll post later. Hope to read your fic too MJEH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.