main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheB5Fan, May 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Hey, how could I forget Biggs AND Wedge!
    Luke HAS to name one or two of his children after the Rogues!
    MJ.Frodo, about my homepage: since last sunday it's down for some unknown reason...but as soon as it's working again and I finish it, I will say so. And hopefully it will have a Guestbook

TRMJ

2. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    Another movie line I would like to hear from Mara, when/if she meets Callista again:

Mara:I see dead people
    Callista(turnig around):Really? Where?

*snap-hiss*

TRMJ

[This message has been edited by TheRealMaraJade (edited 05-16-2000).]

3. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    I just finished reading (actually, listening to the audiobook version of) Dark Force Rising and a question popped in my mind.

When Mara ejects from the headhunter and her escape pod is hit by some ion fire, Luke is jerked to attention and realizes that she's in trouble. Han notices that he looks distressed, as though "he's lost his best friend and not someone who's been trying to kill him."

Later, after Luke shoots off and finds her, he wonders to himself why it was so important for him to rescue her. None of his ratoinalizations apply (gratitude or higher calling--saving those in need, etc.) to the situation, though.

What do you think this implies? Aside from very early early foreshadowing of happy events to occur some ten years later...Was he already feeling something for her then? Friendship? Admiration? Perhaps a little crush stemming from their then, antagonistic (sorta) relationship? Or do you think it was the force at work, telling him to get his Tatooiney Tush out to save his future wife?

Thoughts?

=jaded=

4. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    LOL That's hilarious, TheRealMaraJade! Good one.

We should have a 21 Snap. Hiss. salute for Mara! Woooooooo!

Go Team Jade! Cure Mara!

=jaded=

5. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    I think it was the Force, or else just Zahn foreshadowing a bit. Okay, I came up with another name...

Zahn(for a boy)

Gotta name a kid after the man who started the whole thing!

6. TheB5Fan

TheB5Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 1999
    Just more little hints at there force connection. Something I love about there relationship. I don't get how people can say they never saw sparks. There all over the place.

7. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Yeah, I don't get how people can miss the fireworks shooting off between those two Oh well, we got our way, didn't we?

=jaded=

8. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    More great lines for the future:

Mara: Ok, 7 kids is enough! I ain't having anymore!

Luke: But, Mara...

*Snap-Hiss*

Luke: eek.gif nevermind.

9. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Hi-di-ho, peopleses!!! (Hmm, anyone get the distinct impression from THAT opening that I've had a bit too much caffiene? Soda contains a lot of it, and right now I contain a lot of soda...)

First of all, a big thank-you to everyone who's checked out my story. You peoples rule! And for those of you who haven't... well, I'd REALLY appreciate your comments!

As far as the thing with Luke and Mara in the pre-HoT books: maybe it's just the fact that I am a hopeless (and I mean really HOPELESS) romantic, but I saw the "spark" between them as early as HttE. Even when Mara hated his guts, I saw some sort of deep down attraction or bond with those two. Maybe it was just wishful thinking, but for me the "spark" was always there, right from the beginning, not prominent but fairly obvious to me. I find it hard to believe that some people just didn't see it.

And yes, I DO believe that Luke's saving Mara in DFR was based on something deeper... but again, perhaps that is just my hopeless romanticism coming into play. (Gosh, I'm weird... I'm a cynic and a romantic at the same time! Is that even possible?!?!?)

==This insane and most likely inane post yours courtesy of a caffiene-loaded MJEH==

10. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    I do believe that there has always been something between them.

A great scene from Union #2 that supports this.

Mara: "When I first met Luke, I was under a compulsion to kill him. Generally not a good sign for a lasting relationship. Such was his courage that he did not run, and did not strike me. He accepted me, as no one else had done before."

Luke: "There was a sense to Mara, when I met her, that would not let me fear her...though countless others have learned that not fearing her can be trouble. The force brought us together, and kept bringing us together until...neither of us could deny our destiny to be together forever."

I think this goes to show that L/M believe that they have always had something.

11. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    I think they were predestined by the Force. So he has always felt attracted by a certain something, wheter it be her personality, good looks or the Force. The Force was saying it was urgent to save her, proably because of the predestination, but also she was one of the early Jedi Luke had found. If she were trained it would be good for the Jedi order. Just some crazy belief of mine, that may or may not make sense? Oh, well.

Hmm, remeber a line from a fanfic or profic. Well whichever it was it was funny!

This is what I can rember it as. Anyone else remeber it? It may be different.

Han~"You mean, you never saw the sparks between them?"
    Leia~"What do you mean? All I saw were the flames and explosions!"

Cure Mara!

12. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    TK, I think that quote is from a fan-fic. But, the fan-fic author could always have "borrowed" it from a pro-fic.

Once I move and get settled in, I'm re-reading all the Thrawn books. I have to, most of the quotes y'all are doing are flying right over my head.

13. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    I also think that in someway, through the Force or his subconscience, Luke knew his destiny was somehow connected to Mara's. One proof, besides that passage when she gets hurt, is that he went with her to save Kaarde even though she had made perfectly clear that she wanted to kill him. To do that, he somehow knew that she wouldn't kill him. Probably because they were meant to be together!

TRMJ

14. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    There's always the possibility that Luke just found her to be hot

15. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    I think B5's suggestion is better!
    Luke found Mara hot AND she found him sexy!

TRMJ

16. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    Just looking at it from our modern day male eyes

17. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    I'm such a sucker for Luke/Mara stuff. Just thinking about it makes me all tingly inside.

I think the force was at work with those two from the beginning. Things between those two were definiately SUPERNOVA from the beginning, but in a cool, amazing phenomenon kind of way, not the super-destructive, gonna turn into a black hole and suck in eveything else, crushing it with its massive gravitational pull. Hm, come to think of it...they always had a gravitational pull towards each other...

Those age cool quotes, B5Fan--I gotta get my hands on the Union TPB as soon as it's out. And wooooooooo...cannot wait until Ruin, Balance Point, and Agents of Chaos come out. I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation (and writing fan fic in the meanwhile). Oh, and of course, posting here.

Hm, you know what we need? We need an smiley face that bubbles little, happy hearts from it. Heh heh.

Ok, before I fry my tough-as-nails reputation (coughcough) I'm gonna go and stop being so sappy.

=jaded=

18. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Ahhhhh, my sanity thread!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mara never actually tried to kill Luke did she? I mean he'd have a bruise or something, right? WHY do people get so hung up on that issue when it didn't even happen????

Jaded: Even though I don't think Zahn wanted them to get together romantically when he was writing that trilogy, I think Luke's impulse to save her was a foreshadowing of a bond that he meant for them to have. I mean, they were just toooooo good together!!

B5: Thanks for those quotes!! They are perfect!

And another favorite line from a movie that I wouldn't mind hearing Mara say in the NJO: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Dodge this!

19. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Yes sir fully agree Jedi trace!!! Is it not amazing that some of the Mara bashers always have this image of the past (wanted to kill Luke)in their mind and forget that this happend more then 10 years ago!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif In the meantime Mara was able to help and save Luke and the new Rep very often and without any reward!!! Well this lady shows compassion and a good heart in my opinion!! And there are proofs enough in some of the SW novels that she turned to the right side !!! Yes years move along in SW,but some people even forget that!! Grrrrrrrrr
    CURE MARA

[This message has been edited by MJ.Frodo (edited 05-17-2000).]

20. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Hey all!
    CA signing in.
    How about a deathmatch between Team Jade and Team Wedge?
    I nominate me and MiraxTerrik for the Wedge team

21. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    YO, ANTILLES!

Deathmatch? Hmm...snap hiss. Hey wait second, I sign in on the Wedge fan club, too...how conflicting. What's a girl to do?

Advertise her own story, duh, that's what. So check it out...I just got a bit of a new addition to Forum16/HTML/000661.html"A Different View" written last night, but now I am off to study and take some more final exams. Yay, isn't May a great month? :p

=jaded=

22. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    You can be the judge, Jaded

Looks round and whispers
    Here's my sealed Mara and loose Wedge figures

23. TheB5Fan

Dec 8, 1999
    *snap-hiss*

Who wants some

24. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    *snap-hiss*...Mara to Antilles: "I see dead people..."

OK, now I only need to know how a deathmatch in a forum works...

TRMJ

25. Grand Admiral Thraawn

Grand Admiral Thraawn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 1999
    I beg everyone in here to PLEASE PLEASE post some cool pictures of Mara Jade
    ahhhhhhhhhh I'm real *****!
    j/k
    Someone needs to draw a super cool picture of Mara and post it to all the people, including me, who don't have her as our desktop wallpaper
    Pulease!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.