main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Hope, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Well folks, it looks like we have a new home now. Hopefully, this thread will remain troll and flame free. Welcome!

2. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah folks have fun in discussing about Mara,Expanded Universe and more!! [face_laugh]

Frodo gets the blue milk and spend some hot pizza too!!!! Congrats on the new thread and welcome Mara/Luke fans!!!

CURE MARA!!

3. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    I always fogot to ask,is it possible that we can posted spoilers at least after ONE week instead of two?? I've received a message from Amazon.de that I get my copy of Conquest this week.Well M-J get it thursday,and I assume that the US fans got it already,so next week would be a great time to talk about Conquest! What do you all think???

4. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    So is it alright to talk about other EU things in here now and again or does it have to be solely Mara like before?

5. MARA-JADE

Sep 22, 2000
    I don't mind when you discuss Conquest, I have no control when it comes to spoilers. :D

6. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Well I think that we can talk about off topics now,and even have chat talks!!

7. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks M-J!
    As for the off topic/chatting problem that was what most of the people were complaining in the Lit,and we took the place from the debate threads. I can understand it,and now i think we all have that what we want. :)

8. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    I've an idea,soon our old home will be closed,but we left pictures,quotes,songs etc there.So we can filled our new home with that sort of things too.If everyone have something nice to post,please share it with us!! :) Thanks!

9. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Well I place some questions of the old thread here to start with,it's from Hope:

1)Who will have the honor of naming the baby?
    I personally hope that GL himself would give the Skywalker heir his name,and while it's a very important name to the SW Universe.

2)Will the author (Keyes) choose the name or will it be chosen by a committe.

I think it's unfair that ónly one author decide about the name of the Skycrawler,I hope it tend more by an commite

3)Will they put a bunch of names in a hat and then have someone pull one out. Or will they be lazy and just go with Ben.

Hmm I don't like that idea,for me the name should have a meaning and means somthing good to Mara and Luke!!

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!
    CURE MARA!!

10. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Howdy all. Just thought I'd drop in to see what this place is like. Gotta say that I love a certain red-head.

11. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi there Kadue take place here whenever you like. Every Mara lover is welcome here [face_laugh]

12. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Thanks very much MJ Frodo. It's nice to have a warm welcome. I'll drop in as often as I can.

13. phoenix001

phoenix001 Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2001
    Hey guys I love to contribute to a new thread.

14. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey Phoenix 001! Nice to see ya,drop by whenever you can!! :D
    Hope we see ya soon!!

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!

15. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I can't get Conquest until April 16th, but I've already read some spoilers. Any time is okay for me. I'll probably be reading and finishing the book by April 20th.

Glad to see they opened a new place for us. Now if only they would sort the fanfic into OT/EU/AU and Prequel Stories. That would make my day.

16. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks Liz,glad to see ya. I already have read some Mara/Luke spoilers too. Hopefully see more members join in this week here.The MJFC was a great place,but having all the bashing and flames in Lit about the Fanclubs,sigh. Hope we can get more fun here,but I think we've alot of nice neighbours here. [face_laugh]

17. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Well I've already read enough spoilers about Conquest so one more or one less won't make that much of a difference :D (can't wait until I've received my own copy !)

Is it my comp, or the Snowboards Engine had really a lot of trouble with a thread as long as the former one (same posts appearing on two different pages, random number of posts per page, etc...) ?

18. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hello lordban,good to see ya! Welcome in this new thread. Hope you can feeling well here. :D
    Yes that's the problem having such a huge thread,I've got the same problems as you. :)
    Well we don't have to worried about it anymore,while they'd delete the thread very soon I suppose. :(
    It hurts a bit to know that our former thread going down,but I'm sure we are here more appreciated.

Well lets talk about something different.
    I'm glad we can discuss the novel Conquest very soon,and hope we enjoyed the stay here.
    If someone have a topic that we can discuss now,please post.
    I've to leave now,but I'll come back tomorrow!
    Have a nice day everyone.

19. Jedi_Lila

Jedi_Lila Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2001
    Hi everyone, I'm a big Luke/Mara fan but I was always so intimidated by that huge thread in lit to pop in and say hi! :)

Anyhow, so here's me saying hi :) I love Mara and I think she and Luke make the perfect couple :D

20. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Hello Lila, and welcome. :) I hope that you'll find the people here are pretty nice. If moving makes us less intimidating, that's one thing to be thankful for.

To my old friends here:
    I don't know how much I'll be around. I'm still fairly angry about this move. It seems like the mods caved to a few vocal protestors. I think the best, most intelligent, literary discussions I've had on these boards have been at the old MJFC. We shall see if my anger abates. 'Til then I'll be at the yahoo boards and in fanfic.
    ~Marie

21. MARA-JADE

Sep 22, 2000
    I have to agree with Marie about the move, I won't be posting here for a while now, I shall be over at the yahoo group hopefully I will see some of you there.

22. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Hello all, your "illustrious founder" here. ;)

I'm as disappointed as you are by the recent actions, but oh well.

*blinks* Yahoo group? We have a Yahoo group?

23. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    I can't speak for the rest of you but I for one will proudly post here as a dedicated Mara fan, I'll also do my best to defend her in other threads. I'm sorry to see the old one go, I had just started to fit in too, but all things change so let's get down to business and start giving those Han and Leia fans a force to reckon with!

So about who should name the baby, I would go against letting a single author or just George Lucas naming the baby, I'de have a commitee. I would name the kid something original, Luke and Mara should come up with the name themselves, I still like Pix.

And to state this again the kid just has to have red hair. No way around that, red hair and blue eyes, I despise the name Ben and I really doubt Luke'de name his son Owen. So my two cants is give the kid red hair, blue eyes and an original name.

24. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Pix?! I'd almost prefer Ben over Pix. Pix sounds like a name you'd give an elf.

I'm not sure who is responsible for choosing the name. Please, no recycled names.

25. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Just wanted to stop in and say Hi. I lurked
    occasionaly in the MJFC, but never posted.
    Needless to say I find Mara an interesting
    character, and I am hoping they don't botch
    the birth of the Skycrawler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.