Mara Jade Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Hope, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Thanos6 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Same here, but it will be hard for them not to. The birth of a child who is heir to two lines of Force potential--one of which is the most powerful in the galaxy--and two of the most popular characters in the whole universe will be hard to get right.
  2. Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hi Thanos!

Here's the link to the yahoo group:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mara_Jade_Fans/
    but I don't know if it'll work since you're not a member yet. If you (or anyone else) want to join, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll see that one of the moderators sends you an invitation. :)

I've decided I don't care about the hair color. Either red or blonde would be cute on a little boy. But I don't like the name Pix. Sorry, Tallie. I'm still partial to Timothy, but I'd be happy with an original name. They'll probably just go with Ben though, 'cause it'll make a lot of people happy and the rest of us might not be satisfied anyway. That wasn't nice. I'm sorry.
  3. MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Morning everyone! [face_laugh]
    First a warm welcome to Jedi lila,Thanos6, MariaJade2,Tallie and Marie!

Mara and M-J and Thanos6, I'm sorry you feel very upset/disappointed about the move.Hope you and others can change your mind,and if you decide not to post here for awhile, be sure you'll be missed guys!!! :(
    I'll check out the Yahoogroup later,to see ya.

Jedi lila I'm a big Mara and luke fan too. I hope we'll see you often :)

MariahJ2 join in whenever you like! we certainly enjoy your post here!

CURE MARA
    MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!

4. MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Tallie, Hope and everyone else,you can count on me. As a dedicated Mara Jade fan I?d like to built up an new nice fun fanclub with all of you together. I?m already lurking on several threads,and I like the friendly atmosphere around and the combination communicating and having conversation about books,charactere etc here. And it?s allowed now. No feeling of pressure or not being welcome anymore. Sure I?ve leaving alot of memories on the old board,but in the last few months since alot of the members disappeared,I?m feeling unsure about the reasons why they?ve left?? Was it my post or topics that annoyed them,etc? (I?ve post almost every day) Well past is past and to start a new one is a good idea!

My choice for naming the kid of Mara will be still Nathan I think it means ?peace?. A suited hopeful meaning for the Skycrawler in time of war!! I?m not sure,but I thought his fathers name Luke means ?Hope? in the war with the Empire.

I still loved the combination green sprankling eyes and blond hair for Mara?s child. Do you all think that this kid looks handsome like Anakin Solo??? Or more an normal type? Anyway I?m looking forwards for this happy event! :D

CURE MARA
  5. MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You know in the comic "The Emperors Hand" issue 1 page 44 you can see a scene out of Mara's life,this shows after the dead of the Emperator. Mara surrounded by people from the race of admiral Ackbar.I think Mara did spying there,or even try to kill one of them in name of the Emperator. What do you think?

Nathan for Skycrawler!!!
    CURE MARA
    Blond and green for Mara's child!

Will Mara ever has this disease?? What do you all think???
  6. MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I've received Conquest right now!!! [face_laugh] Yipieeee

CURE MARA!!!

Mara/luke Mara Luke Mara luke!!! [face_laugh]
  7. MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm out of the city now,and will read something out of Conquest today. :)
    But before I'll post these Japanese SW and one French bookcovers again on the new MJFC!!! Enjoy and hopefully see ya tomorrow!

The first one is out of Heir of the Empire
    The second and third one the Japanese cover of Vision of the Future
    The fourth is the cover of the Japanese Onslaught

http://members.tripod.com/~LMS_/coverf1.htm

http://members.tripod.com/~LMS_/cover7.htm

http://members.tripod.com/~LMS_/cover6.htm

http://members.tripod.com/~LMS_/cover3.htm

CURE MARA

8. Lordban Jedi Master

star 5
    The Japanese covers are really great.

I've sort of been disappointed by the "Heir to the Empire" comics though.
  9. Thanos6 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Have no worries. I'll be staying; should be interesting to see how far we can go this time. :)
  10. MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oops really? Hmm sure, she looks not pretty at all there,and pretty muscular.But I thought the cover of Heir of the Empire is okay while the expression in Mara's glance shows her deeply hate. Shudder I didn't like her at all the first time I've read about her. Strange how things can change. :)
  11. MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks Thanos, good to know some fans stayed here despite the deleting of our thread. But most of the former members are grieved and moved over to the Yahoo egroup finally.
    Well I think it should be a Mara presence here in the EU Community Forum. And hopefully it grow up to a strong one too. :)

Have to go now
    See ya, chiao!!
  12. Lordban Jedi Master

star 5
  13. Jedi_Sin Jedi Youngling

Hey guys, can I join? :)

This is a long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a huge Mara fan, but also a Luke fan first. But most Mara fans usually like Luke too right? Besides, I'm part of the Mara fan club at Nightly.net.

Anyway, I was also a little intimidated by the old huge thread too, so I never felt like posting anything.

RE: Name for Skycrawler- I personally fond of Kane. I found that name at www.babynames.com when I was naming my little plastic doll baby I brought home for Child Development class. :D It means "honor" or "tribute". I was even more interested when I found out it was the early name for Anikan Skywalker (Kane Starkiller). But I'm also partial to the name Nathan..since it is the name of Mark Hamil's son. ;)

14. Lordban Jedi Master

star 5
    Yep it's always a little weird when you try to join a thread that's more than 10,000 posts long.
  15. Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Frodo!

I can be almost 100% sure that no one left the old forum because they were annoyed with you. We depended on your consistant posting and cheerfulness. I think when people left it was mostly because of Darth Real Life and/or the behavior of some of the less mature board members. (Remember the B5 Clone incident?) Don't blame yourself, meine freundin.

I like Nathan as a name for Skycrawler too. Mark's son, Biblical (like Luke) and I love the fact that it means Peace. Actually, Mark would work pretty well too. (Although it'd remind me of Padawan Lunetta's NJO/Earth crossover fanfic!)

~Marie
    (Who isn't going to be able to keep her resolve to stay away when her friends are hurting)
  16. Thanos6 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Shouldn't this thread be "Mara Jade Fan club- reborn!- reborn!" ? ;)
  17. Hope Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I haven't really thought too much about what the baby should be named. As long as they don't use a recycled name, I'll be happy.
    So, when do you think the birth will happen? Near the begining, middle or end of Rebirth?

*Conquest Spoilers*
    I'm under the impression that Han and Leia have been gonet for about a month or a little longer. Now I'm assuming that Luke and Mara did not inform them of the pregnancy before they left. Do you think there's a possibilty that Han and Leia will not find out about the baby until right before he's born. And if so, do you think that Leia will be p*ssed that she was not informed of the pregnancy earlier?

*End Spoilers*

18. Tallie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Awwww guys, you're killing my dreams! Ummm now that I'm aware of Nathan being the name of Mark's son, sorry but no way. It'll pull people out of the books, the name has to be original. I was thinking though, what about Pax Skywalker? Pax means peace in Latin, then again there a TV station called Pax so.....I was also thinking of Pixel, I just like the whole "Pix" thing. Kane's ok but seems a little harsh, plus with the Bible it has bad connotations.

I'll retch if they name him Ben, I have a brother named Ben...do you know how disturbing that'de be??????????

The kid's got to have red hair though, no doubts there, blond hair and green eyes is, saddly too predictable for me. If it was a girl you'de want red hair and blue eyes, too much like the Disney movies.

Give the kid red hair and he'll be good looking. Come on, look at his parents, yes, little Skycrawler will be a "looker" as they say ;)

LUKE AND MARA ROCK!!!!!!!!!! THEIR SON NEEDS RED HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. MRukundo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Mara jade Fan Club terrorist: I denounce Mara Jade and all she stands for. And who cares abot the Skywalker baby anyway. It's just another person.
  20. Thanos6 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ahh. Now this is a sweet irony. I, the beginner, meet the one who had the final word in the old one.

So--why do you not like Mara?
  21. MRukundo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    A number of reasons such as: she is so biased against Kyp when she commited crimes of the same magnitude
    she thinks since she is a part of the vaunted Skywalker/Solo dynasty she is more important than everyonelse.
    Thinks since she is Luke's wife she can call herself a jedi master when people like Kyp had to earn their titles.

etc.
  22. Thanos6 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'll leave it up to the others to debate the others on the other points, but I'll challenge you on this one.

Commit crimes of Kyp's magnitude?

Unless I missed something, Mara has not ruthlessly created supernovae that wiped out who knows how many lives. An asassin yes, a genocidal maniac no.
  23. Tallie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thanos6, wonderful! See MRunundo, that's what I'm trying to say! You can't call accuse Mara of lacking punishment without pointing your finger at your beloved Kyp.

And Mara more than earned her status as Jedi master, personally I think Kyp is too young and inexperienced to be a master. And, since you brought it up, what makes KYP think he can be a Jedi master just because he can vape a few smugglers? If they ever come head to head Mara would sling Kyp's carcass all over the floor. But it won't come to that, Kyp is bright, he needs a little push in the right direction and he'll be a great Jedi.

One more thing, isn't it interesting that you seem to need to bash Mara in order to make Kyp look good......shows lack of faith in Kyp if you ask me, that's just my opinion though.
  24. ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hi, all. Never posted here (the thread was too big and scared me!) but I figured I'd try now. I'm a Mara fan, have been for years--I'm in Club Jade so that's probably not surprising.

Comparing Mara to Kyp? I think not. There's a difference between being a professional assassin and randomly killing billions without any punishment or apparent guilt. As far as I could tell, the only thing Kyp was sorry about was that he killed his brother, too. He should be wearing a hair shirt and doing penance, not running around like an arrogant git. Mara killed a few people, but she's acknowledged what she did was wrong, no matter what prompted it.
  25. PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to join in on the house-warming party. My schedule has changed a bit over the last few months and unfortunately my internet time has been the first thing to get cut. But I really do want to make more of an effort to make an appearance ? especially now that I won?t be under any pressure to stay on topic. ;)

In a way it?s sad that something we put a lot of effort into is closed, but in a way it?s good because look at the new people who are just now posting because the size isn?t so intimidating. I?m excited about that because we?ll have a whole new dynamic, although sentimentally speaking, it?s still kinda sad ? the MJFCR was my very first post in the JC.

One thing I hope stays the same is the casual, friendly atmosphere the last thread had. I think that some people just naturally enjoy ranting ? which is why the Haters Community is such a great thing. But I think others just want to hang out in a laid-back place and ramble a bit ? which is what I always liked about the fan club threads.

So, welcome to all the new people and I hope to see some of the old members again soon (although Darth Real Life can be pretty powerful). Anyway, I?ll try and check back in sometime soon. Woo hoo ? go MJFC!
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.