main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Hope, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    So THIS is a phantom page...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I hope all the MJFC had a great Christmas! Now, tomorrow is back to the Tang defense, so be ready for the fight! ;)

Except me, I going to see TTT... :D

3. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Merry Christmas, Emilie. And to you Chiss.

Liz: Add in a Tang reference too. :p

4. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I saw TTT today! It rocked! Much darker than FotR, but also a tad more humor as well. *shrugs* I guess the dark has to be really dark for the light to be really good.

5. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Throwing out a story idea that can be the new discussion topic...

This is actually a really old plot bunny/half-started story that I wrote that is evolving slowly. It used to be part of an ill-planned set of trilogies were formed before I ever read about Mara Jade. Since I became literally one of the biggest Mara fans there ever were, I hauled out the old story and boiled it down from two trilogies into a single duology.

The first story is called The Song of Eternity. It's a rather long story divided into long sections telling the story of an OC character from Earth. To make a long story short, this character becomes Luke Skywalker's first apprentice after Return of the Jedi. A little after she reaches Knighthood, she marries Luke. The third part of the story is sort of an AU version of The Last Command. This girl befriends Mara.

In the last part of the story, the girl dies, completing her destiny. She leaves two daughters behind with Luke. Mara grieves in her own way, blasting off into the unknown in her horrible grief, not know that the youngest little Skywalker girl has fallen asleep aboard the Jade's Fire.

That's how the story ends. In the next one, Eternity's Storm, Luke and Mara are supposed to become friends, then much later, married. It spans about six years.

I haven't been working much on this, so I'm open to suggestions. Anybody have ideas?

6. Icey_Clause

Icey_Clause Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2002
    Any paticular suggestions you are looking for?

I thought we were The Fellowship of the Tang :D -and that was going to be on our title? :confused:

Oh well-Merry Christmas-one and all-I carved the roast beast-"God bless us, everyone." and to all a goodnight! ;) :D

7. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    I love Mara Jade too, she's my second favorite (my icon will tell you who's my no. 1 favorite). I think she's totally awesome, smart, funny, and a bit mysterious too.

We Jade fans have a crisis! The Mara Haters Club has gotten 1000 posts!! I don't know how that could happen. I cannot conceive the idea of hating Mara Jade. C'mon guys, we can't let them catch up to us! We need more posts!

8. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002

Hey guys, I hope you all had a blessed and merry Christmas! I know I did!

Since our dear club will be locked soon I suggest that we use the few posts we have left to reminence over events that have happened to our club.

I found the very very first post I ever made in this club! Here it is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I love Mara Jade too, she's my second favorite (my icon will tell you who's my no. 1 favorite). I think she's totally awesome, smart, funny, and a bit mysterious too.

We Jade fans have a crisis! The Mara Haters Club has gotten 1000 posts!! I don't know how that could happen. I cannot conceive the idea of hating Mara Jade. C'mon guys, we can't let them catch up to us! We need more posts!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hee hee, remember how disgusted we all were about the hater's club?

9. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Ahhh, those were the days... ;)

How's this for a title for the new thread? -

Fellowship of the Tang - The Mara Jade Skywalker Fan Club

Hello everyone! :)

EDIT/addition: If you like to, read a post of mine on the Mara thread on the SWChicks ezboard. (My screen name there is DeviCrystalseeker, and the post I'm referring to is the one with the two nice Mara pics on the bottom of the page.)

10. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    While we're at doing the nostalgia thing :D , here is my very first post at the MJFC (which was my second ever post at on the JC):

*Devi waves "hi!"*

Greetings, exalted ones!!

Finally decided to come out of lurking. Mara-fan solidarity is a good thing, so I thought I should step up and say that I *join your ranks* in the fan club :)

I'm Devi, enthusiastic reader & writer of L/M fanfic, and fascinated with Mara since HTTE.

Reg. recent discussions:

Elori, your probably right with saying that it's best to leave the Hater's Club thread alone; even though I myself have posted there (in a rather polite manner, though, or so I think) today (*before* I read your post) *blushes*

Though I'm not in favor of Mara-bashing (goes without saying, huh?), I also think that we should respect the MJHC thread as the hater's haven, just as we would wish them to respect our thread.

I actually had an idea in this regard: Maybe I should open a thread specifically for controversial discussion about MJ, so that all disagreements about our favorite character can be taken out there and no one has to "invade" the opposite party's thread anymore. What to you all think of that idea?

(Well, a version of "that idea" was started (though not by me) later on in the form of the now-defunct MJCC, but unfortunately, it turned into a failed experiment, as we all know. :( )

Reg. Mara's parentage/background: Her parents being Corellian Jedi always seemed plausible to me, because we know that it was very common for Corellian Jedi to marry and have children, and because Mara has personality traits in common with Mirax and Han, and in some ways also with Corran, so it would just "fit" if she was Corellian.

That she has no memory of her parents doesn't necessarily say anything about how early she was taken - Palpatine could have used his Sith powers to "wipe" her memory.

That's it for my first post here :)

Hope we'll have a good time together!

Devi

And while I was digging that one up, I found the following gem by DeJade_Vu:

Here's a good Mara quote (again from VotF.):

"Mara had already considered every possibility, and there simply wasn't any way Luke could hold off four blasters by himself when the two of them were firing at his back this way. But if she could just live long enough to carry this through, using her body to shield him until the sentinel facing her could be eliminated...
    "'While I still have the strength', she reminded herself. And the time was now. She took a deep breath--
    "'NO!' the emotion broke through her black determination. 'Wait. Look.'"

The "no" came from Luke of course.

Wow. Think of that; Mara was just about to give up her life for Luke.

A lot of people complain that Mara was a very selfish person. And at first she was, in certain ways (such as the "you destroyed my life" rant). But you notice that underneath this "selfish" exterior there is a great deal of loyalty--loyalty to the Empire, then to Karrde, then to Luke and the Rebellion. In this quote especially you can see how unselfish she really was.

And here's J_K_DART's reply to that post:

I agree, I love that quote too! (See, I do still exist even if I don't bob by often and even if my cat is pestering me at the mo LOL! [face_sily] )

For me, it brought Mara's characterisaton to completion, and showed Zahn's willingness to develop the character in a meaningful way! She started out introverted, bitter and selfish - and finally became selfless!

:) !! Now I feel like putting something like a "the best posts from the MJFC" anthology together. Not in the thread, otherwise we'll need another new thread (after the upcoming one) soon :D ;) , but maybe on a website? (I hope that my never-used Tripod account hasn't been deleted yet - and that I can still remember my password... *hehe*) Don't expect me to do it today or tomorrow, though - a project like that will take some time.

In the nostalgia vein, I've also changed my icon to the first JC icon I ever

11. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    ::sniffle:: Ah, memories..........wow.............and I've always liked that quote from VOTF. It showed Mara as unselfish. :D

Anyway......we won't need a new thread for at least 3 days.....try not to have to start it until Sunday. ;)

12. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey everyone! I had an awesome Christmas! Lesse... of the many Star Wars things I *did* get... these two are the ones worth mentioning:

Industrial Automaton R2-D2
    Master Replica Luke Skywalker ROTJ Lightsaber

:cool:

13. Myrrh4BabyJesus

Myrrh4BabyJesus Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    :eek: Whoa! That's cool! :D

Your story sounds really cool Emmi!!!!!!! :D

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! :D

I got the AOTC DVD, driver's training lessons thingies, a 64MB memory card for my digital camera ( :cool: ) SW poster, SW Life, and gift certificates! (other stuff too, but this is stuff I'll write here! :D )

My first post in the MJFC was a question about Mara...I think which book they got married in. No one answered me! :(

I don't think I joined then though...

When did I join?

*goes to find out* :p

14. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    *sigh*

I guess it's time for me to "change my sock(s)" :p

My first post here as well as my first post in EUC:

Hello!
    Ok, don't everyone kill me at once, but...
    What book did Luke and Mara get married?
    I am a new Mara fan and want to read books with her in them and that's one of them
    God bless!

<3,
    Princess Moose

[face_blush]

yes, I had problems... :p

And I finally joined because Liz convinced me! :D

15. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    My first post was sometime in the beginning of summer... I had to dig to find the MJFC and coincidentally found the Haters club as well. Strange strange :) Mazzic posted here more when I first began lurking. ;) 8-}

16. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah, Mazzic was posting alot when I first came! :D

What ever happened to him?

I kinda disappeared for 3 months from here...

17. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    No particular suggestions in mind, I just really need anything that pops into your mind about the second story.

Thanks, Malz!

18. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hi guys! Sorry I aren't around much, DRL you know... Just bobbing by to say MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Oh, Devi; glad you liked that comment! :D

19. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *grins* Brother-dearest is here!

20. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    All of this talking makes my head hurt. :p

21. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *raises eyebrow* Anywayz...

Suggestions for the story I mentioned would be helpful, all.

22. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    Is there any type of sugestions you would like?

23. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I believe I said, in a previous post:

No particular suggestions in mind, I just really need anything that pops into your mind about the second story.

24. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    Maybe, after he starts the academy they start to fall in love. Then right before they marry the GFFA is invaded by the Yuuzhan Vong. There love is put to the test in war and they have to deside to stay seperated, but help the war effort or marry and might help the Yuuzhan Vong win. You like?

25. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm always open to suggestions, but I'm afraid I currently don't know enough about the Vong to write them well. I don't think I would *ever* feel comfortable writing Vong.

I'll take some of that into consideration, though. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.