main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Hope, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    OK ? I?m already posting again. I?m just excited ? it?s like having a new toy! :)

And the smilies! There are smilies! See ? that?s how long it?s been since I?ve been around! The smilies are new to me too!

So. . . what can we do to decorate this place? Since we?re new maybe we could have a ?get to know you? time where we make introductions and say a bit about why we?re Mara fans and how we got interested in the EU.

And like Frodo said, posting things like quotes (please warn about spoilers though), song lyrics, links to art or fanfic or news, etc. is always great! Question polls and top 10 lists always seem to work pretty well too. Of course, my favorite thing is just out-and-out babbling. :D

P.S. ? I apologize if I seem to have an attitude of ?Well, in the old thread we used to. . .? because this is new and I?d hate to alienate anyone who wasn?t there. Of course, I tend to be sentimental, so that?s easier said than done.

Anyway, I better get going. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Afternoon everyone!!

Jedi Sin!
    Of course you can join!! [face_laugh]
    Welcome here! Hope you can stay for awhile!
    The name Kane isn't bad and the meaning ?Tribute? I like it.
    I?m sorry that you and others feel intimidated by the postcount of our former thread.
    Well if we knew that before, we?d do anything to caught you up, really!
    Perhaps is that worth to discuss it folks,because we?ve really need fresh blood,once we?ve reached about 9000 post in our old one,and more former members went to Darth Real Life. I wonder if we ever reach our former postcount,we should considering this point.

Marie good to see ya jump in and thanks for your kind words, my friend! :)
    Yes I?ve had thoughts about this,and after B5 left,the MJFC wasn?t that anymore what it was before.
    Me personally hurt the fact that many members left the MJFC, long before the closing of our former thread more,than the deleting actually through the admins. Yes I remember the B5 clone incident, soon after this, he left,that was a sad day for many of us. He was a cool leader and member. I wonder if we had prevented B5 from this undertaking. Well anyway it?s past, we?ve an new thread,and I?m glad that new members joined us.
    I?m sure we get fun here together.

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!!

PAYSON good to see one of our former members here. Welcome back!!! [face_laugh]
    I?ve seen your post already in the Yahoo Egroup,but haven?t find the time to respond to it.
    Sorry.

3. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hope.

Re: Conquest spoiler

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    .I dunno so many months being separeted from M&L?? I doubt,but it?s possible,and if I?m sure Leia would be p.ssed, because it?s the child of her twin brother.
    end re.spoiler.
    -

Mara Skywalker rocks [face_laugh]

4. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Tallie heheh I?m sorry the name Pix seems more an nickname than a real name for me. Pixel ? a screen dot oh nooo. Eeek! :D

Mara Skywalker rocks

5. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Mrukundo. I?m sure Mara would never gave herself the title JediMaster, and I think she don?t care about titles or whatever. I?ve never read that she has given herself the title JediMaster. Show me the quote and the book where she did this. I suppose I?ve missed this point. And I?m sure If the Jedi gave Mara the title Jedimaster,only based while she?s luke?s his wife,well that would be corrupt and pointless imo.

CURE MARA!!

6. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hello Imperialgirl,nice to see ya. WELCOME!!
    Uff another MJ fan that scared from the postcount of our former thread. That?s going to be weird.
    If that?s a problem for all newcomers, I?m happy we?ve started a new one.

Anyway good idea Payson,we?ve heard from Mrukundo why he hates Mara,but people the question is:

Why do you like Mara?? 2)And is she your main favor character???

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!!! [face_laugh]

7. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll post all sort of images of Mara that exist online here. If you like to join,please feel free :D
    Here's one of Teras Kasi

http://members.tripod.com/~LMS_/jademotk1.htm

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!
    Possible names of Mara's child:

Talon
    Kane (Tribute)
    Timothy
    Pix
    Nathan (Peace)

Someone else??
    Hey Tallie I'm sorry if you really like the name Pix as a real name that's okay! :)

8. ImperialGirl

ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Don't know if that was a general question but I'll answer anyway: I like Mara because she's tough, confident, adaptable, and says what she thinks. Having been an agent of the Empire helps, too! She's tied for favorite with Thrawn and Talon Karrde (of new characters.)

I'm all in favor of naming the baby Talon, but I bet they won't. At least Anakin's taken so that obvious avenue is closed. I hope they think of something original. That worked out pretty well with Jacen and Jaina.

9. Jedi_Sin

Jedi_Sin Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2001
    1) I like Mara because she is a tough, smart mouthed, nononsense chic. I like that she can say what is on her mind and not worry about what others think of her. She has a dark past, but she had enough light in her to overcome that. She is intelligent and has a firm hold on her beliefs. She is practical and has a wicked sense of humor.

2) No, I was always a Luke fan first. He is and always will be my favorite character. That is why I was so happy when they got married! :D I can't wait to read Rebirth, because I'm sure it is going to be the "Luke and Mara" book we've been waiting for!

Skycrawler name:

I personally would like it to be something original. I wouldn't mind too much is they named him Ben, but I would rather it be Kane or Nathan.

10. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Hi Payson! It's great to see you. We've really missed you, girl! Glad Darth RL released you for a while. And Smilies are GREAT! And I know what you mean about being nostalgic for the old thread. It was my first post, too. And we had a lot of good times there. But I hope that between this thread and the Yahoo group we'll be able to continue the comraderie and discussions.
    (I haven't been able to get onto the Yahoo board this morning. I don't know what its problem is. :()

Jedi_Sin and Imperial Girl: Welcome! We're glad to have you here.

I don't remember if Mara has been named a Jedi Master yet or not. But personally, I think she is at least as deserving of the title as Kyp. Not just because Kyp disagrees with Luke or because of his past actions, but because he is still irresponsible and hard headed. I also tend to think Mara has done more atonement for lesser crimes, but that is just a personal opinion.

11. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Hello! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. I?m completely exhausted ? I went to an airshow today at our local Air Force base. It?s only April but already the temp was in the high 80?s and it felt even hotter walking around on the tarmac. We actually left a little early to go watch the Blue Angels from a nearby pier because we couldn?t stand the heat (of course, the sun reflecting off the water was almost as bad as off the pavement. . .). But it was a lot of fun ? I love military aircraft!

Anyway, I am currently starving, so I?m going to go rummage around for some food. More than likely, a good nap will follow. Even though I was a good girl and used sunscreen, I still got sunburned so now all I want to do is turn the thermostat down to 70 and veg around the house tonight. I?m sure I?ll be checking in again soon to respond to the previous posts, but I just wanted to say hi.

12. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    So you don't like Pixil either huh? Maybe it's cause I've had my mind set on Pix for so long.... I just like that name. I take it Pax is out of the running too then? Just a suggestion :) I don't like the Talon thing, Karrde's first name is Talon and I just don't think it'de fit a Skywalker kid. Though Talon would mean something to both Luke and Mara. I still think it should be something new, maybe Pavan...Pavan Skywalker???? I don't know.

I like Mara because she's strong, but she has so many mysteries. For some reason the first time I read about her she caught my attention, she just had this aura that made me like her. she's got so many levels and she has a great sense of humor. She's different from other womwen in Star Wars, she takes on the fighting, Jedi, smuggler role instead of the diplomat. She has so many skills.

Mara would have to be my favorite character but I also like Luke, Tenel Ka, Anakin, and Corran. Wes Jansen is cool too. I used to like Jacen but he's all wierded out in NJO so I don't like him so much anymore.

13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    To be honest, I think Nathan is a too earthly name for the baby. (Of course, I probably think that way because I have a cousin that is named Nate and a former classmate of mine was named Nathan/Nate.) That is why on the other MJFC thread, I thought Dariyn or something like that, would be a good name. You never know what they'll name the baby. We have a few months to figure it out. I just wish August would get here sooner.... :)

14. ImperialGirl

ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Well, in terms of naming, one could always follow the Pernese rule ::looks about quickly for Anne McCaffrey's lawyers:: which is--take an Earth name and tweak. So, a variant on Nathan, maybe.

Pixil/Pix sounds too much like pixels (as in computer pixels) or Paxil (an antidepressant.) I like Kane, though. That would be kinda neat.

And am I the only one who just really didn't like the Farmboy for the longest time, and thinks he's darned lucky Mara gives him the time of day, much less married him? NOT a huge Luke fan here, especially EU/Prozac Luke. (Or should that now be Paxil Luke?)

15. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Hi again. Sadly enough I was looking forward to lazy Saturday night, catching up on posts, and my internet went down for almost four hours! :(

Anyway, I also hope that the baby name will be original ? something that we?ve never heard of. Stackpole is pretty good at coming up with original names and Zahn also seems to put a lot of thought into it. I would love to see a name that was based on something with meaning but not quite a ?real? name.

Of course, watch the author say in an interview, ?I took the first half of my dog?s name and the second half of my wife?s name, and that?s how I named baby Skywalker.? Of course, if it ends up being a cool sounding name, that method would actually be OK with me. :D

Well, now that the internet is finally up I?m actually too tired to really use it. Oh well. Maybe I?ll have better luck tomorrow. Good night everyone!

16. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    Well I agreed with the Nathan being too earthy, that's why I came up with Pax, means the same thing in Latn, ha ha about the Paxil depressent medicine :p so I supose you don't like Pavan either? How about Skyler? Skyler Skywalker.....quite a few 'skys' but still. Maybe Corigon would be good. Hey if they called the kid Pix for a nickname I'de be happy, overjoyed actually (though it'll likely never happen). I have a brother named Ben so if they choose that name I'll be picturing him everytime I see the kid's name on paper. Very disturbing! :eek:

17. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Hi, been having a busy weekend with the kids.
    I have always been a Luke fan, and from the very first
    introduction of Mara I thought, that is the
    one for him.
    I feel great compassion for her. She was just a
    child ripped from her real family, and raised
    by a man, who without a doubt mentally abused her.
    I imagine that any refusal on her part to do what
    was asked of her would have met with punishment or
    the threat of death. This is why I feel she
    was never truly dark. She protected herself in
    the only way she could, given she had little
    true control over her own life. This is the
    real pain I think Luke saw through to, when he
    first looked into her eyes.
    And he was the only person that probably could see it. And she was the one who could
    see his. This is why I like her. She's strong in so many ways.

18. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree with you, Mara's so interesting to read about, I think she and Luke are matched perfectly.

19. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi everyone!!! :D
    Well my opinion about Mara, is certainly not different from yours I think. I like Mara too,because she can be smart, critical, loyal, independent, honest,practical and strong. But most I like Mara, while she has the ability to survive when needed,the ability to move on when everything around her destroyed.And to realize and to accept things that can not changed and to deal with that. In a way she?s optimistic and give not up the hope of better things. Mara is an character with flaws,but that is just what I like. I don?t like goddes of perfection so much.

CURE MARA!!

20. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    FLORIDAAA Hey Payson I?m really envy the weather in your country! I wish I?d have been born there. We?ve cloudy weather here and it?s cold as usually, uhh. I?d like to see a fly show, but we don?t have many flyshows in Germany at the Air force base, at least not in this part of Germany. I?m looking forwards too for warm weather,then we can use the motorcycle,and go out. Today I?ll meet friends too and we are out of the city. After that I?ll read some chapter out of Conquest! I?m now at chapter 5! I wonder, have you got all the novel Conquest now????

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS

21. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    ImperialGirl,don?t worry about not being a Luke fan,even in the old board we?ve some Mara fans whom aren?t that fond of Luke too.
    Thats okay. I?m a Luke fan,but not blind for his mistakes and I?m not agreed at all with some decisions he has made. I usually don?t drool about him,but like him and his relationship with Mara. :)

My other favors are R2-d2,Corran,Talon K, Kam Solusar,Wedge and alot of others too. Trawn is one of my favor villain. Well I've got too many favors to mention, but the main are Mara and Luke.

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!! [face_laugh]

22. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!

Re: Mara JediMaster? I personally would prefer that we?ve read more adventures about Mara as Jediknight,before we all of an sudden has to deal with the fact that she became a JediMaster in Ruin. It was a surprise to me,honestly. I don?t have any doubt that she?s mastered some Forceskills,but I?d like to know why and when exactly she became a JediMaster.I know Luke became a JediMaster in about 8 years or so. Mara was about 6 or 7 years??
    It was easier for her I think,than it was for Luke,merely while she can learned and shared the knowledge and wisdom that Luke already owned in life. And the Force bound with Luke can be helpful for her too. I know she can learned fast (VotF) ,but is it enough to be an JediMaster so soon??
    Or was it the fact that she can teach a padawan like Jaina the reason??

Question I hope someone respond to: how many JediMaster have we got now in the NJO???
    And so far we don?t have any knowledge why and of which reason they became JediMaster! If someone knew more,please let us know. I?m really curious about that. Thanks so much. :)

CURE MARA!!

23. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey I admit Nathan sounds Earthlike,and yeah I remember the name Daryen or Daryel?? Meaning hope or peace too, I?m not so sure. Sounds cool though.

Another question. Do you think that Talon Karrde would be one of the godfather of Mara?s child???? Or someone else????

CURE MARA!!!!!

24. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Out of the website LMS, another image of Mara.

http://members.tripod.com/~LMS_/jademisc13.htm

I'm thinking of Artemis,Phoenix928 and others. Hope they all know that we've moved here,or should we PM them???

CURE MARA!!

25. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    I was under the impression that Luke was the only Jedi master, now they've got a dozen or more! I think Mara has earned being a master, Kyp on the other hand is too young, I think to sport that title. I think Kam is a master, I don't know enough about him to form an opinion, I believe Tionne is called a master which I don't agree or disagree with. Cilgahal is most likely a master by now but if they start calling Leia a master I've had it!

I think the Jedi are giving out titles too quickly theses days, in the Old Republic it was unusual for a padawan to become a knight under 20, 25 or something like that. Of coarse this order's pretty much eliminated the padawn stage but all this makes me wonder, are Jedi now as powerful as they used to be ?[face_plain] ? If Adi Gallia sparred Mara in Lightsabers who'de win? My vote's on Mara....but it usually is :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.