Mara Jade Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Hope, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    Tallie "I say we ignore the trolls from now on and send in warnings for flaming to the Gatherer or whoever warns them."

Hm we need a new leader actually for such kind of things. B5 was our leader,and TK after him,but I doubt they'll come back. :(

Well if someone would like that job?? Hope,Marie,Mazzic,Thanos,Tallie or someone else???

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS :D
  2. rngenzi Jedi Youngling

Long live Kyp!!!! Long live Kyp!!!! Long live Kyp!!!! Long live Kyp!!!! Long live Kyp!!!
  3. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    People may wish to check out the following thread before antagonizing each other any more...

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1622313&replies=0

MJFrodo...Both B5 and TK used the old MJFC to troll and flame members of the community and to induce their fellow MJFC members to do the same on occasion. Hopefully, that sort of behavior won't be continued by the whomever steps in to fill their shoes as "leader" of the MJFC as well as not being tolerated by the MJFC.

It's a bit late in coming, but I'm glad to see you have a much more open and positive fan club here in the EU Community forum than the prior ones in EU Lit.
  4. rngenzi Jedi Youngling

Why do you find that arguing my point is quote trolling unquote? If you want to threaten me with the possibility of being banned, you might want to look at yourselves. I find being a troll by you all to be offensive. If you want to ban me because I don't have nice smiley faces for Mara Jade, fine then. I just don't see what you mean by trolling and flaming. Is it illegal to prove your point against people who dislike hearing the truth?
  5. MRukundo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    He speaks the truth! You guys are laughable! Civilized is what you want me to be and in my experience with humans most of them are not.
  6. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    From that Rules and Regulations link..."By becoming a user, you acknowlege that any posts deemed offensive, harassing, baiting, or otherwise inappropriate will be removed and the originator of the post will likewise be banned from further posting."

If one thinks that one's posts aren't "offensive," "harrassing," "baiting" or otherwise "inappropriate" for a forum entitled the "Mara Jade Fan Club" - then by all means continue on.

I made no claims about the quality of any such posts except those of acknowledged "leaders" of past incarnations of the MJFC. I also wished to welcome the new incarnation of it. I've probably wasted enough of everyone's time by coming here as it is. Sorry.
  7. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    Ghengis, I only can tell ya that B5 and TK only want the best for the MJFC. :)
    They are friends! The old MJFC in the Lit. is past.We've started a new one and hopefully we can continue in peace with everyone in the EU community. As for discussing topics with non Mara fans here,if it can be done in an civil gentle manner,we certainly don't mind.

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!! [face_laugh]
  8. Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Master

star 4
    The EU community is new enough that it is difficult to discern what is on topic and what is considered "trolling" and other inappropriate behaviors. (Obviously vulgarity and the other terms of our user contract still apply.)

If you ask me, the fan clubs are meant for fans of whatever character they support. Within that category, and since this is a now community forum, I think chat topics or discussions of other characters is okay. However, I feel it is inapropriate to post in a fan club if you are not a fan of that character.

I know not everyone feels that way, but it is my rule for behavior. I have never posted in the Callista fan club (although I was invited to) because I'm honestly not a Callie fan. When I wanted to discuss something pertaining to Callista, I started a seperate thread on the lit forum.

MRunkundo and rngenzi: You are obviously not Mara Jade fans. That is why those of us who are would really appreciate it if you would stop posting here. If you want to discuss Kyp's trasgressions and compare them with Mara's, start another thread. (Either here or in literature). If you wish to debate it with the members of this club, post a link to that discussion here and invite us to join you. Some of us probably will. Especially if you keep the tone of your discussion above "Mara stinks; long live Kyp." That sort of behavior is counter productive to debate.

Genghis: Thank you for your thoughtful comments.

Regards,
    Marie
  9. Tallie Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mrukundo and the other one: I would call what you're doing trolling. you come in here with your anti-Mara sentiments and try and force them on us....um maybe you missed that this is the Mara Jade FAN CLUB....once more FAN CLUB!!!! That means by shouting your pathetic "long live Kyp" crud you're only makeing people angry. No one here is going to agree with you, especially when you act like you are. Give it a rest, I for one, would kindly ask you to leave.

What about a protector? What would one have to do to be in this job? PM me with the info, I would consider it, this trollong seems to freeze all other conversation :mad:
  10. Tallie Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok, what do you think of Simon then? Or is this another reject name ?[face_plain] I liked it but hey :) anyway I thought of another one, Kirit, in honor of a certin Jedi Master in Conquest. Luke and Mara could choose to do that, it's close to the original name but different enough to not be a copy, Kirit Skywalker...Kit could work too.

11. Tallie Jedi Knight

star 2
    Exactly, fear IS of the darkside and fearing the dakside is bringing Luke closer to it. I don't mind the Solos either...except Jacen's sudden shift in attitude from YJK to NJO annoys the heck out of me :mad: but other than that I think they're interesting. Especially Anakin. But I agree with the super teen thing, forty five is not over the hill.

From what I gather from the Jedi Apprentice books.....don't laugh [face_laugh] ...but it seems that Jedi Knights go on the missions and the masters are on the council, except for Qui-Gon. I could be wrong though, if I am please correct me [face_blush] But anyway I have no problem with Luke and Mara being masters, but I dislike the way just about all of the old Knights are masters and the kiddies are the Knights...training's too fast for me....pretty soon trainees'll be ready by age ten!
  12. Hope Jedi Master

star 4
    Tallie:
    How do you pronounce Kirit? When I say it, it comes out like carrot. LOL!

Everyone's made pretty good points regarding Mara's Master status. I guess my problem stems from the fact that M. Stackpole didn't tell us what happened between Onslaught and RUin that caused Mara's Jedi status to change. Maybe this was covered in Seige. But, I think it would have been nice if there was a conversation between Luke and Mara regarding her change in status.

<<Exactly, fear IS of the darkside and fearing the dakside is bringing Luke closer to it>>

This is very true. I guess I'm having trouble understanding where this paralyzing fear is coming from. Someone really needs to give Luke a swift kick on his behind and tell him to wake up. I know he's scared of making wrong choices, but isn't he just as scared of what is happening with the galaxy and Jedi?

I've only read the first book of the JA series, so I can't say too much about the Master/apprentice relationship during the prequels. IMO, I think it would be better to have teams made up of a Master and apprentice(s). going out on these missions. This seemed like the direction Luke wanted to go in at the end of VOTF.

13. Storm Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just wanted to drop by and say Mara Jade is da best character! Wahoo! :D
  14. Tallie Jedi Knight

star 2
    Kirit is pronounced "Keer-et " you know...similer to Ikrit. ;) that, Kit or Simon would be my choice.

Luke's fear, IMO, came after Mara's talk. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Mara in any way, just watch where I'm going with this. Mara showed Luke how close he was to the darkside and Luke got scared. Like the drowning annalogy I made earlier. Instead of learning to cope with his failure Luke became determined not to let it happen again, he got swirled up in avoiding the darkside and eventually he became inactive.He wants to do something but he's afarad he'll take his order into the darkside that's his problem. Anakin found the solution in Conquest. We'll see Luke swinging lightsabers in no time, I'm think Rebirth....he and Mara ARE on the cover. ;)

15. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    Hope, Hi, just to be clear, that topic about Luke was not mine,
    I just posted in it. It seems we are in agreement about most things. I too would
    rather the kids and the adults work together.
    Unfortunatly, because of the way they are written, many young fans now dislike Luke
    and many older fans find the young solo kids
    extreamly irritating. It pits fans against eachother unnecessarily. A big mistake by Del Rey in my opinion.

MJ Frodo, Ms Shapiro, just talked about how hard it is to find the right balance between
    such a diverse audience.
    She basically said to "Hang in there"
    She said they were working to strengthen the
    the adult characters while allowing the younger
    ones to shine as well. I appreciated her
    kindness in replying, but the books are so
    far telling me a different story. Though she did say,in response
    to my complaint about the Rebirth Cover, that
    it might be changing somewhat. I thought
    Luke looked 60 on that thing, I wasn't all
    that thrilled with Mara's look, but that is
    just personal preference.

16. Hope Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, the news regarding the Rebirth cover is somewhat encouraging. After waiting so long to see Luke and Mara together on a cover, I was very disappointed.

It's rather sad seeing how fan are now responding to Luke. I cringe when I hear words like wussie and weak being applied to Luke, but unfortunately that's pretty much how he's being portrayed in this series. I have to say again how sad that is.

There really does need to be a balance between the two generations. It seems as though DelRey is sending the message that younger=smart, stronger, better etc. I know they're not doing this intentionally, but things need to change or else I feel that they will loose a huge chunck of fans, especially the older fans.

I feel the Jedi want to look towards Luke as an example to follow, but he is not being the type of leader they need. He seems to have lost faith in his student's abilities to make their own choices. To use the parent analogy, he's not letting them 'grow up' he's treating them like children. It's understandable that's he pretty much terrified of his students going down the path to the Dark side, but at some point he has to realize that he's doing more harm than good by not allowing them to make their choices. At some point he has to realize that he's trained and nurtured them to the best of his ability and that he has to have faith that they have been listening to him and they will make the right choices. I like this quote from Conquest:

"I agree we can't just sit and wait. I know you don't want to do that either, but you aren't expressing it well enough. Kyp has given the Jedi a vision, as clear and simple as it is wrong. All we've done is give a muddy jumble of assurances and prohibitions. We need to tell them what to do, not what not to do." Listen to your wife, Luke.

So for now, I will do as Ms. Shapiro suggested and hang in there, but if things don't turn around soon I will say good-bye to this series.

17. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    Afternoon everyone! :D

Hello WELCOME STORM!! [face_laugh]
    Happy to see another Mara fan. Join if you like!! :D

I was in such a hurry yesterday,and I?m not so sure if I?ve said the right thing to Ghengis. Sometimes it?s better to clear up things than ignore them,especially problems between the MJFC and other SW fans outside this tread. I know that something had happen between Ghengis and the MJFC for a while ago,and I?ve the impression,it still bothered him/she. I?m sorry for that,it certainly was a mistake that we didn?t clear up the ?air? immediately,when problems came up,instead we?ve ignored it. I hope we can avoid problems like this in the future.

MJ2 hey thanks for the info on the cover of Rebirth. I?m glad to hear that Del Ray perhaps changed it a bit. Most of us didn?t like the image of Mara and Luke on the cover too. Mara looks as if she could kill everyone and than that big gun in her arms,though she?s pregnant uhh, Luke looks very old and ugly. I mean it?s war and they aged, I know,but couldn?t it be done better?? As I?ve said it earlier I?d prefer the look of the charactere on the Japanese covers more :)

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!
  18. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    I agreed that Mara and luke,but especially Mara is written a bit out of the picture. I?m not happy with the situation,but I?m happy that she?s pregnant. I?m afraid that we because of her situation (pregnant and have got that disease) that we cann?t expect more in the future. I too have awaited something different after reading VotF,but alas.

Question: After reading books of the NJO, and the disappointing about the way things goes in those books, I wonder how many of you would prefer if Mara hasn?t married Luke??? And do you think, things would changing in the books if she hasn?t married Luke??? I mean regarding her role, more active in the storyline???

Mara Skywalker Rocks!!
  19. Thanos6 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sure. Why not. I'll be honorary leader first among equals or whatever. It'll give me something to do. :)
  20. Sithflame Jedi Knight

star 1
    Never fear, Mara-Fans! Once I get my Defense Force going for LOL, I pledge to defend everybody and everything from everything and everybody else!

:p Trolls beware! :p
  21. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    Seems that we've have a new leader, thanks Thanos. [face_laugh]

You are now responsible for this thread! [face_laugh]

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!
  22. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hope I like that quote too of Mara,that you mentioned in your last post. She seems to know what's going on with Luke,and can handle with it. The right woman for Luke!! :) I don't think that it sounds like a "lecture",but a good advice!! :)

Hm I've not visited the lit. actually,and didn't know what the reactions of the fans were regarding Luke's role in Conquest. I'm not that far in reading Conquest,while I haven't much time lately. So I cann't say much about it myself.

CURE MARA
  23. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    I?ll posting a picture of Mara and Luke in wedding dress here. Creator Jen Maue.
    We?ve seen this in the old thread already ,but it?s too nice not to have it here
    Recipe to make the toys are available too

http://hometown.aol.com/jenmaue/lukeandmara.html

http://hometown.aol.com/jenmaue/marajadeskywalker.html

http://hometown.aol.com/jenmaue/marajadeskywalker.html

CURE MARA
  24. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not bashing Mara, but doesn't anyone else think that her wedding dress is too 'earthly'?
  25. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    You didn't bashing,and you've right the weddingdress is very earthlike :_|
    Leia hers was alot better. :(

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS

Have to go now, see ya tomorrow hopefully

What about the name Marlon Skywalker ???? Sounds cool huh :)
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.