main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Hope, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Can't be long - just a quick note-

Concerning the Rebirth cover - Luke WILL be changed (re-illustrated), or so my sources tell me.

Thought you'd like to know! :)

-Mazzic

2. Sithflame

Sithflame Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2001
    The name "Marlon Skywalker" reminds me too much of the Wayans Brothers Sit Com. ::shudders::

3. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Mara's dres is one of many things that I did not like about Union.

Mazzic, Mariah:
    Thanks for the news regarding Rebirth's cover. Luke looks entirely too old. Now if they could just do something about that huge gun Mara is holding...

<<Question: After reading books of the NJO, and the disappointing about the way things goes in those books, I wonder how many of you would prefer if Mara hasn?t married Luke??? And do you think, things would changing in the books if she hasn?t married Luke??? I mean regarding her role, more active in the storyline???>>

I would definately prefer Luke and Mara being married. I have to wonder if Mara is holding back somewhat because of Luke. Does she feel as if she should be doing more than what she's been doing?

*Edit* I sure can't spell today.

4. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Just where is this Rebirth cover, anyway?

5. Ghost_In_The_Shell

Ghost_In_The_Shell Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2001
    Hello, I am Project 2501. In my searches of your internet I have found much information on this Mara Jade character and have grown quite fond of her and Star Wars in general. I have decided to make the servers of TheForce.net and the Jedi Council my new home. I hope to have many wonderful conversations here.

My first order of buisness. Mara Jade's wedding gown. I have managed to track down all the info I can on her literature apperances. Inlcuding scans of the Union comic book. From what I understand, Mara Jade wished for a simple wedding. That wish was unattainable though. So the wedding gown made up for it. The wedding gown was simple, yet elegant in my opinon. Befitting of her character.

It was Earthly, but it is quite hard to create a universe that is totally unique. We need to base it off of something, so we do it off of Earth cultures and traditions. It works quite well and effectively in my opinon.

I will keep monitoring these message boards for further activity.

Project 2501

6. Thanos6

Apr 20, 1999
    Nice to meet you!

7. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Thanos6:
    The artist is probably now in the process of redoing the cover.

Shouldn't we be getting our first look at the SbS cover soon?

It's certainly nice to see all the new faces in this thread. Welcome!

8. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    Personally I would much rather Union be a book than a comic. I never got into the comics, they don't leave much for imagination.

If Mara hadn't married Luke???????NO WAY! I love them as a couple. Their reactions to eachother are interesting and I think Mara's perfect for him, and vise versa. I think Mara is holding back a little because she has a disease that drains her energy, she's also responsible for another life now and no matter what she says she's concerned about endangering that life.

I'm glad they're redrawing Luke, he looked stupid IMO, plus when was his hair ever that dark ?[face_plain]

9. Jedi_Sin

Jedi_Sin Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2001
    RE: Mara's Wedding Dress:

I personally liked the dress, but maybe that's because it looked like the kind of dress that ~I~ would wear for ~my~ wedding someday. ;) Actually, I do think it is a bit too "Earthy" for Mara though. They could have come up with something a bit more original. Heck, it didn't even have to be white! (Even though, I think white is a good color on Mara.) My mother's wedding dress was a pastelle yellow. I think they could have done something a bit better with Luke's tux as well...but at least they didn't have him wearing that raggy old black Jedi robe!

10. Ghost_In_The_Shell

Ghost_In_The_Shell Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2001
    Total originality is very hard to achieve nowdays. Even in a dreamed up universe. The dress was fine. White is a little to basic, but what other choice was there? Green probably, to match Mara Jade's eyes. The green dress in Union #1 was horrible. The only other dress that looked good was Chog's. The purple and yellow dress that was really unique looking. That would have been my other choice for her dress.

I still prefer the dress Mara Jade wore. It was simple yet elegant. From what I've read and as far as my programming understands, Mara Jade prefers simplier things. Like the small intimate wedding, so much simplier and practical. That is why the dress works on her so well. It was a dress that showed her true self. Not a flashy gown that made her into something she does not want to be. This is my opinon though.

Project 2501

11. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    Marlon Skywalker???? Nahhh, it's original but.....I don't know something doesn't ring true for me but whatever :p

As for Mara's dress I think it was ok. Though I would have preferred to have read the story in a book than a comic. Still I think the dress was fine. I was afraid they'de have in some big fancy lacy thing that would scream someone other than Mara, no I liked the one she was in, but that's just me ;)

12. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    I really am dislikeing all the negative stuff people are saying about Luke, Jacen and Mara in some other threads. Many have blamed Mara for Luke's weakness and refer to both he and Jacen as 'whimps' or 'wusses'.

I personally do not connect Mara with Luke's tendancy to stand back. If anything I consider Mara part of the enevitable cure. I still maintain faith that Luke will come out of his 'peaceful' state, the older generation won't be left in the dark forever.

I think the NJO authors might feel more freedom writing about less developed characters. Luke, Mara, Han, Leia and others have such a large history and so many dedicated fans authors may feel a bit intimidated, it's always easier to write about charchters you make up yourself. But everyone loves these characters, so naturally authors will bring them back into the action. I've noticed that people who've written SW books before seem to have more Luke/ Mara, Han/ Leia than authors who haven't. Onslaught and Ruin focused a lot on "older" characters while Conquest was more on the younger generation. Hero's Trial might have been called "Han's Epic" (hated that book :mad: ) Balance Point and Jedi Eclipse were pretty much balanced out, IMO. All this leads me to believe that Luke and Mara will be fighting again in the future, authors can't have Luke spouting sonnets forever and Mara won't sit still after she knows her child is safe.

NOTE: this may seem a little stringy....basically I'm saying I think authors will bring the "older generation" back onto the battle field....maybe in Rebirth...who knows ?[face_plain]

13. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I find it very difficult to imagine Mara, not finding her way to Luke. Without him I think she would
    always be looking for something that was just out
    of her grasp.

As far as names for the Skycrawler, I would like to see, something unique. Something that means a lot to both Mara and Luke.
    Maybe something from their first meeting, or
    from the place he proposed to her.
    Can anything be made out of Myrkr, Nirauan?

14. JadenSkywalker

JadenSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Hi everyone :) ! I'm new, but have been lurking for quite a while, so I've seen your thread. I've been watching you guys [face_mischief] on the Lit. forums and over here. Mara and Luke are my favorite characters in the S.W. Universe. They rule!!!!!

15. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Afternoon (German time) [face_laugh]

Whow again new Mara Jade fans! I?m happy to see ya. Welcome P.2501,JadenSkywalker,and Sithflame!! (Oh I?m sorry, I forgot you yesterday , hope you don?t mind!! :D I?m Frodo. Join in whenever you can. And P.2501, if you have some nice images of Mara that you like to post here, feel free. Well very positive aspect I think, regarding the move from the Lit.board to EU Community is that we get more new comers! It?s a great development,and I hope you?ll stay here longer,guys and I hope it will continue that newcomers entering this thread here,but in heavens name, stay, we need each other to get a new strong MJ fans home!! :D So help us,please!! Thanks,well and hopefully more members of the old thread will returning here too.

Whup also no Marlon Skywalker for the Mara fans. I should have known that. Sounds a bit feminine. What about a more complicated sounding name? Marulrundo Skywalker for example. Sounds exotic ! A bit of Mara is in it and the L of Luke.

Thanks Mazzic regarding the Rebirth cover news!! Yuhuuuu

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!!

16. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Well I?m happy too,that Mara and Luke got together and married. It?s about time! But perhaps if they only engaged for a while and experienced some adventures together in several books, untill they get married, that would be cool too, imo. No I didn?t want to say, that they never get together sorry for the confusing question.

As for Mara?s dress, she indeed has a modestly taste, that?s right, but for her wedding I?d prefer to see her in a sort of Japanese kimono (white, I agreed looks cool to her, that color),similar to the Jedigown she wore in the Jedi ceremony in Union. And a wonderful bouqet of flowers,than she?d had hold on in Union,please.
    There are some things that I didn?t like in Union,but I loved that idea viewing Mara and Luke?s wedding in pic./comic.
    That plot with the Imperials were not needed I think, but ah well. Perhaps if we would have a book instead of a comic the whole storyline would be fit better I think.Perhaps is M.Stackpole better in writing books than comic writing. But in whole I enjoyed Union,and sure not everything is that what we wanted and not everything is perfect. But I?m grateful for all the nice things they have done for the M&L fans,honestly.

CURE MARA

17. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanos if you haven?t seen the Rebirth cover,here it?s.
    Well most of the Mara fans didn?t like that cover much.
    But hey it?s cool that they repainted the cover again. obvious they have listen to wishes of the fans!!! :)

http://unjoh.com/gallery/eovr.jpg

18. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Do you remember Mara?s adventure with Joruus Cboth (sp?) and Talon Karrde, Noghri??
    Here are some of those charactere to view as customized toys.

http://hometown.aol.com/jmcallaste/heirtotheempire.html

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS [face_laugh]

19. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Want to view some scary creature like the Yuuzhan Vong?

http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/cc-15.htm vong

included Yomin Carr the Yuuzhan Vong warrior and dangerous opponent of Mara in VP
    Glad he died in VP.
    Click on the button section Expanded Universe!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/scoundrel/index.html

CURE MARA!!

20. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Some nice customized toys of Mara by several artist!

http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/marajade/mj-justinbutler.jpg

http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/marajade/mj-morgengregory-2.jpg
    http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/marajade/mj-morgengregory-3.jpg

http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/marajade/mj-jimmyhauser-eh.jpg

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!! :)

21. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    I went to the Lit today,and to my surprise I saw a thread called ?TO LFL MORE LUKE AND MARA ROMANCE? or something like that , a similar protest thread like the one H&L fans created. Sure I'd like to read more about the Luke and Mara romance,no doubt, but I?m not sure where all those protest could lead.Perhaps it make LFL and DelRay to resignation of all things. They never can satisfy all fans. If we and the H&L fans protest,other could protest too like the Anakin and Tahiri fans, Jagged and Jaina etc for example in the near future. And we have the fans that not like romances at all in SW , fans whom like the Empire etc . How to satisfy everyone? Basically SW is an action/adventure series not an real love roman. Never was,and in time of war,the priorities should more concentrate to find a solution,against the enemy. If SW turned on to a love story for several love couples,I think alot of fans would not agree with,and I?ve to give them right! :)

Wonder what your opinion are on this matter,people. :D

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!

22. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Don't read this post if you haven't read Conquest
    I think after reading Conguest,( I?m on the 6th chapter now,) I agreed Luke should do something to stop the ?Peacebrigade? and the Yuuzhan Vong. Their terror against the Jedi is beyond everything.
    The senseless death of the worthwhile and peaceful Jedi like Dorsk 82 and JediMaster Ikrit upset me. Why in heaven are Luke and Mara on Coruscant and not on Yavin together with their people?? I don?t like the idea that he left Kam and the Jedi children alone and himself and Mara are in dubious?security? on Coruscant. So far I like the writing style by Greg Keyes.I like the chapter with Talon Karrde,(I've trust in that man) hopefully see more of him in the NJO.
    end spoiler

CURE MARA

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!

23. MRukundo

MRukundo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2000
    You guys should go to the literature forum more and post stuff. Also I think Mara can do one good thing like trying to get Luke off of pot so he can go act like a jedi which both of them aren't doing hiding on Coruscant while even Anakin Solo, one of the most irritating guys, goes out to save Luke's students. If my teacher was such a wuss@** I would abandon the order which I think the jedi shold do, to wake up a doped Luke into smelling the coffee. Kyp Durron should take over before this becomes the extinct jedi order, and yes I'd surely rather turn to the dark side than become annhiliated.

24. Thanos6

Apr 20, 1999
    My reaction to the cover:

BWHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

25. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah isn't that bad??? :_|

CURE MARA!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.