main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Hope, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    I'm happy to have good quality M&L scenes in the books, I don't need them to be the focus of attention, I'd rather have quality over quantity. Agree with Marie that they are not completely over the hill, though older. The younger fry will probably take up more of the "action" but that doesn't mean that our old heroes cannot make themselves useful.

Oh I'd love to see M&L get a nanny! I think it would be hilarious. Mara needs a cool matronly nanny to help her, she has not had a mother, grandmother, aunts, cousins to learn much about babies from, so she'll need this. Maybe another species? Maybe this nanny "adopts" L&M? or Leia sends her to them? I'm thinking a morph of Mary Poppins and Nanny from 101 Dalmations, who is probably handy in a fight should the need arise ala the Handmaidens. Because I want to see L&M do some action stuff and they'll need someone they can trust with the baby if they need to go take care of someone (like Nom Anor).

2. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    You know there's a chance that Luke and Mara getting very protected regarding their child.
    1) It's a time of war with cruel enemies
    2) Cuz of the disease you never know if it had some strange impact on the child sooner or later
    3)It's their first and maybe only child,and
    they have never have a experiences with own babies :(
    4) They are older parents!

Thats a good point GirlJedi,while Mara never knew a mother herself,it would be cool if she has a older friend who is very warm and helpful!!
    That never could be Leia though,cuz she has never the time,perhaps Tione??? I don't know her age though

3. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    What's this about a new Rebirth cover.

4. Ghost_In_The_Shell

Ghost_In_The_Shell Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2001
    MJFrodo, thank you for your information. I recognize a few of those as ones I just reaquired. The rest will be added to my database.

The Jade Skywalker child should remain in the care of its parents. The only nanny I would see would be a friend. Nobody far out that they do not recognize. My program remembers a fanfic where Mirax Terrik Horn was very helpful to Mara Jade Skywalker and child.

MJFrodo makes valid points as to why Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker should retain care of their own child. It maybe their own child, there is the risk of the disease in the child and other possibilities.

Project 2501

5. Ghost_In_The_Shell

Ghost_In_The_Shell Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2001
    MARA-JADE one of the members. Mazzic to be precise, mentioned that the Rebirth cover was going to be redone. Not totally, but at least to make Luke Skywalker look less dead or actually alive. We will have to wait to see the new one though.

Project 2501

6. MARA-JADE

Sep 22, 2000
    That's good i didn't like Luke in that cover, Mara could have looked better too i think.

7. Storm

Storm Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2001
    Yeah Mara's dress is a little too close to home... I must be living under a rock, but I haven't seen Leia's yet. Does anyone have a pic of it handy?

Marlon sounds cool! Some people are saying they are going to name him Ben..personally, I'm not really into that idea. What do you people think?

8. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi there !

M-J good to see ya!
    P.2501 Glad that I can help you a bit. I'm searching myself,for a picture of Mara Jade and Jaina together. I thought the actress Kira knightly who played Padme was the model for both. But I cann't find it anymore. if someone has the picture or the url,please let me know will ya??? Thanks!! :D

Storm please look at the cover of The Courtship of Princess Leia 1994 section Fiction
    Hmm Leia?s wedding dress is a bit too open for my taste,but not so simple as Mara hers!!

http://www.swbooklist.com/us.htm

I'm with ya, no Ben please for Mara's child!!!!

9. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Please guys,don't forget to vote for our favor married couple, Mara and Luke!! Thanks!! :D

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2397284&replies=36

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS

MORE MARA AND LUKE!!!! [face_laugh]

10. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    P.2501, Maybe you can use these urls too??

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Saturn/3710/

Website by Jenn one of our former members

http://www.geocities.com/Nightbird515/home.html

A website of by Taramidala,also one of our former members

http://www.geocities.com/taramidala/index.html

11. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Here?s a picture of Shannon Baska and Mark Hamill together. Very nice,hope you like it
    Made by Dinvader!! :D

http://www.geocities.com/taramidala/LMSff.html

CURE MARA

12. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    SITHSPAWN!!!!! You guys have been busy posting! I hat that I have to miss so much but what can you do ?[face_plain]

Let me get something straight, I would much prefer Luke and Mara see more action in the NJO but am completely against not buying a book simply because they aren't in it as much as I'd like. I really liked Conquest, I think it's one of the better NJO books. And I bought and read Hero's Trial even though it focused on a character I currently loath with a passion :mad: Maybe it's just a bad obsession I have with Star Wars books but I'll buy them even if I can't stand the way the stories going...have to know what happens and all [face_blush]

13. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    I also thought NJO would focus more on JEDI....hence the name. I quickly notiv=ced my misconception when the Solos kept popping up. I think Del Ray, or whoever's responsible should bring the Jedi back into the spot light. Conquest started us down that path so if the next few books could continue.......well I'll be happy.

If they name the child Ben I will be most displeased. Ben would be a reference to Ben Keobi who trained Anakin Skywalker....we have an Anakin Solo....get my point......too repetitive for my tastes

14. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi Tallie! Good to see ya! :)
    Heheh I can guess what you mean with Hero's Trial.I don't hate this character,but he even gets a own trilogie,a honour that not even luke or Leia get. :(
    I really wish a book out of luke's point of view too :) Would be cool,Mara out of lukes point of view!! [face_laugh]

15. MARA-JADE

Sep 22, 2000
    You guys are so lucky, I still haven't got a copy of Conquest, as for the name of Skycrawler I hope it's not Ben that would be so tacky, I like the name Evan, mind you anything would be fine with me a long as it's not Ben!!!!

16. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Well I guess I'd like to read more NJO novels,even if M&L aren't much in it.I like Conquest so far.

Uff wanne ask a question,luke mentioned that Anakin killed a giant snake with the Force!!
    Does someone knew in which book this event happened? Thanks!! :)

MORE MARA AND LUKE

17. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    M-J you didn't have Conquest?? How could that happen?? I got it in Germany only two days after the release in the USA!!!

Perhaps you could order it online?? It's possible that Amazon UK gets that book for you!!! :)

18. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm lucky I've found the picture of Mara and Jaina I was looking for :). I only have spelled the name of the actress wrong,but now I get it :)
    Something to add to your collection, P2501???
    Here it is!! :D

http://www.keiraknightley.com/keira_images.shtml?file=jaina-mara.jpg

19. Storm

Feb 17, 2001
    Thankx for the pic Mr. Frodo! :D

20. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Ooops Mr Frodo?? I'm sorry Storm,but I'm a girl!! Hope you don't mind :D

CURE MARA!!!

21. Storm

Feb 17, 2001
    :crawls into a corner and DIES: I'm really sorry that was a HUGE typo on my part! lol, I didn't really think you were a guy, I just messed up and put MR instead of MJ. I really need to check over my posts b4 I post them..Will you ever forgive me?
    :still VERY embarresed:

22. JadenSkywalker

JadenSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I don't really like the name Ben, either. It's too plain and boring. Skycrawler should have an original name that means something special to both his parents. Tallie, I know how you feel; it happens to me everyday. I'm always catching up. Frodo, about that picture of Jaina and Mara, I thought Jaina's blade was purple. Maybe I'm wrong.

23. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    To whoever asked, the book where Anakin stopps the snake's heart is in the Junior Jedi Knight series, it's called LYRIC'S WORLD and is written by Nancy Richardson. Which, coincidentally, was after VOTF so Mara should have known about this....oversight perhaps???? I supose we'll never know ((shrug))

Good Luck finding the JJK books, I've looked in about every books store and have only found three of them....sorry rotten luck!

24. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    I would recomend Conquest to anyone, the best part in the book is sorta towards the middle of the last section...or something close to that. I would post it but obviously everyone hasn't read the book and I don't want to spoil it for you.

Still I'd like to read more about the Jedi, but you can't have everything I supose.

Other than Star Wars?????? What, something else exist? Actually I was thinking about starting Dune, my brother's been harring me for a while but how could it compare to Luke, Mara and all those other wonderful characters??? I'm re-reading Tales from the New Republic at the moment, Fen and Ghista rock! Mara has a pretty cool story in there too.

25. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    WOHOO EASTER TIME , LOTS OF FREETIME!!! [face_laugh]

Hi there, a new outfit for our board huh. :)Registered user,ahh what sounds that bureaucratic. Hey seems I?m the only bookmaniac, outside SW I reread often Harry Potter and LOTR, or I like reading criminal books too.:)

Storm sure,no problem!! [face_laugh]
    Heh I just remember that B5 called me Mr Frodo once too, but he really didn?t read the letters.I originally would like to added the name of Skywalker to Mara Jade.But how dumb from me to think it's available, :) But of course I couldn?t take that name,so I thought about Frodo,who?s just a great hero like Luke,and added that name to MJ :)

MORE MARA AND LUKE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.