main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Hater Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by rngenzi, Apr 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxar-Quin

Taxar-Quin Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2001
  2. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I think MJ is an ok character.But everytime someone wants to give her help,she bites their heads off.Even in life and death situations,for some stupid reason she doesn't let anyone help her.

I don't hate her,I just don't get her.

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    So, there are some, like myself, who hate the wife of Skywalker. I never forgave the writer who put those two together.

4. jewlmc

jewlmc Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I HATE MARA!!!!!!!!! UP with this thread! Come on there HAS to be more Mara Haters!

5. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    she cool.

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I've noticed most people that like Kyp don't like almost ANY other Jedi, while in SbS

Possible Spoiler

who does he join up with?

End Spoiler Space
    Maybe if Kyp gets killed of all most of these threads will die down...

7. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    I hate Mara Jade. I used to like her, before she started saturating the EU, and before she became some 13-year-old fanboy's wet dream. At first, all we knew about her physically was that she had a slim figure, as befitted her undercover work as a dancer, plus she had red hair and green eyes. She was never described as beautiful. Now she's this top-heavy, wasp-waisted, ageless goddess whose beauty is gushed over every three pages. Her 15-year-old nephew lusts after her, as does every male who lays eyes on her.

Her fans say, "There's nothing wrong with her aging well." I say, there is a WORLD of difference between aging well and still looking like a 25-year-old at 46. My aunt has similar coloring to Mara, and while at 45 she is still a pretty woman, there's no mistaking that she is 45. I seriously doubt any of her nephews would lust after her.

The woman is a criminal, a one-time assassin, yet she acts all holy and self-righteous and free to preach to everyone. We're supposed to melt for her because she sacrificed her ship. Oh, boo hoo. I mean, Anakin Skywalker (you know, the Emperor's OTHER hand) only sacrificed his piddling LIFE.

I rather enjoyed it when the bitch had a disease and was bloated and disgusting looking. I only wish it'd lasted longer, her suffering was more intense, and she'd actually croaked before she could spit out a brat that will no doubt become the New Chosen One, since he's the spawn of the Holy Saint Mara Jade (and that guy, her husband, the one whose b*lls she keeps in a jar...oh yeah, Luke).

8. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Funny how Mara lovers feel free to come in here and scold us for hating the cow, yet if any of us were to mosey over to Mara Lovers Central, we'd get banned.

9. jewlmc

Oct 29, 1999
    er... I don't hate Mara because of Kyp. I don't even think of Kyp, so sorry Aragorn you are dead wrong!

And it is "funny" isn't it Shelly? God forbid there is a thread bashing the "queen".

10. jewlmc

Oct 29, 1999
    UP!!!

11. Gtra13

Gtra13 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2001
    Hello everybody,
    I'm new to theforce.net and I like the threads and everything. I'd like to join the Mara Jade Hater Club too. Count me in!

12. lisgraa

lisgraa Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2001
    Mara has to die

13. Gtra13

Gtra13 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2001
    Yea, she needs a good torture from the Vong.

14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Mara rules! This topic should be closed. You are being really mean to hate a fictional character. She is NOT that word you called her! The disease was a poor mistake done by an author who forgot to do research. She is no longer a criminal.

you can't keep the mara lovers out of here!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why you hate her so much. :( :( :( :( :(

15. Jedi_Bratzilla

Jedi_Bratzilla Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2000
    Okay, to all you Mara fans who insist for some inexplicable reason to come into a CLEARLY LABELLED anti-thread and act shocked, lemme explain it to you thusly:

One of the MAJOR reasons I hate her, and there are many, is that she is an absolute abomination in the SW universe.

For those who are schooled in the true meaning of the saga, one of the main underlying themes is MORALITY and all that goes with the repercussions of your actions.

In the MOVIES (the true Canon), NO character ever escaped the repercussions of their actions. Good or bad, you had to deal with whatever you did. Show me where Mara truly had to pay for her past crimes - screw "retconing", WHERE did Mara attone for what she did as an Imperial assassin?

See, this would not be as big a deal if she wasn't "The Emperor's Hand". Um, sorry, but Vader DIED. By all rights, if Mara's character had any hope of truly belonging in this saga, she should have at least truly suffered. Nope, nada, zilch.

And Shelly said it best... she is WAY overblown. In Zahn's original books, I found her to be nondescript, much like I'd expect of an assassin and operative (makes it easier for said character to be undercover, don't you think?) Now, she's this penthouse postergirl to a ridiculous, laughable extreme.

These are the briefest summaries of my complaints. There are entire threads dedicated to why this "thing" is not worthy of the name "Star Wars." I will not clutter this board with more of them.

Oh yeah, another reason I loathe Jade... FANBOYS and FANGRRLS. You know, those who have to come into a Mara Jade hater thread and bash the posters. Those too illerate to understand and too intolerant to allow differing opinion, and insist on foisting theirs upon those who have specifically requested other. These said people would not appreciate reciprocal treatment within their "worshipper" threads and would raise holy hell until the "offending" posters were banned. If the books were not bad enough, Maramaniacs have exacerbated my disgust.

Does that sufficiently answer your questions? And, even if it does, will you now be respectful of those here and allow them to have ONE thread at the JC where you don't try to regulate? Or, is this asking too much?

Regards,
    Brat.

16. Gtra13

Gtra13 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2001
    Well said!!

17. KorFallon

KorFallon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2001
    The reason i dont like mara is the im sent to kill u but i end up marrying u thing. That was stupid, and in the Jedi Order thing she has taken luke out of the action for abit.

18. Gtra13

Gtra13 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2001
    Anyone going to watch TPM tonight on Fox?

19. Jedi_JoJo

Jedi_JoJo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    I think its pretty sad that people waste their energy loathing a character. Yes, MJ is my fave character, but i dont gush constantly. i find her interesting and thought provoking, and like to discuss her character once in a while. Everyone who spends their time thinking of ways to bash a fictional character should wake up to the fact that there are REAL people out there who deserve to be hated a lot more.

that's my 2 cents. take it or leave it

20. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I would like to reiterate that we do, in fact, dislike real people out in the world. However, when you're in a Star Wars forum you're supposed to talk STAR WARS!! If I went on about some annoying kid who sits behind me in class that I don't like I think people would ignore me! Unless I knew them ;)

As for Mara, I don't particularly like her. I used to think when I first read of her in TTT that she should end up marrying Luke, but now that she has I REALLY don't like her character anymore. She's just become too preachy for my tastes. It kinda irked me when she thought she knew more than Luke. The Thrawn duology really WAS a huge literary mistake :p

Still, my number one dislike among the characters of the EU would have to be Jacen Solo. I can't stand his comtemplative nature and how he tries to tell others what to do or that they're wrong constantly. Why not just let people make mistakes!! I guess it's just natural that I don't like the "calm and thoughtful" type of Jedi, being a Kyp fan, but there are many reasons why I think being proactive in a time of war is necessary. I don't mean going out and shelling people with naked aggression, but I do mean action. SbS thankfully had more action from some characters that were too caught up in themselves to do anything useful. Ok, that was a bit harsh, but I just can't stand how Jacen picked this moment in time to start getting all philosophical!

Ah, I better stop. That's a long enough rant. But I'll join the MJ haters club just because I don't like her too much and I support all of you who feel that there should be a place for people to come together and share their dislike of a character. There's nothing wrong with hating a certain character! Take Harry Potter, for instance. Of course we're supposed to hate certain characters, like Snape, even though they're on the side of good! Kyp and Fey'lya and Jacen and Mara are particularly controversial characters. So of course there will be some haters!

Jae Angel

21. Jedi_JoJo

Jul 27, 2001
    In reponse to what has meen said about people bashing mara-haters for their opinions.....

i believe that everyone has a right to his/her own opinion (who doesn't?), but i cant stand when people stoop to the level of immaturity ive seen on some hater threads. Some posters say "I dont like so-and-so because a, b, c and/or d"-- this is what i call an intelligent, educated opinion. Someone who says "So-and-so STINKS! He/she is an [emplitive][explative] and doesn't deserve to exist" and goes on to insult the people who like so-and-so is expressing an unsubstantiated and quite frankly inflametory opinion. i dont understand people who hate fictional characters with a passion-- it seems to me immature, simmiler to someone who worships a character ("so-and-so is a GOD!!"), and the strong feelings inspired by such passionate posts can easily go out of control. remember--this is a fictional universe we are discussing: a wonderful, magical universe, but a fictional one nonetheless. Let's all act like mature fans, not obsessed, stereotypical geeks (ok, we're all a little obsessed, but you know what i mean...;))

22. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Jedi_JoJo, this is a Hater club. A Mara Jade hater club. That is, people come here to bash Mara, maturely or immaturely. If you do not like that, stay away.

I stay away from the TPM Bashers club on the TPM forum. I don't go in there and scold them about being immature. If they hate TPM, that's perfectly within their rights--and the forum is for them, not for TPM fans such as myself.

23. Jedi_Bratzilla

Aug 13, 2000
    What I'm going to say will sound a little odd, but, here it goes:

"Hater" threads are/were created as a way to show courtesy. Rather than stating "unpopular" opinions within the greater community, "haters" create individual threads where they can congregate and vent their individual and collective frustrations, which may, ultimately, enable them to take part once again in the greater community in a more even-headed manner.

I personally loved TPM, flaws and all, just like I love ROTJ. Therefore, I do not frequent their respective "hater" threads. I do not read their posts, and I most definitely do not go in there and tell them why they all suck, need to get a life, etc.

They have every right to congregate, so long as they reciprocate such respect to others.

If you love Mara Jade, whatever, then why torture yourself coming in here? Honestly, this thread is tame. I'll point you to some REAL MJ hater threads that would blow your mind. There is actually an Anti-Jade Liberation League (I think this group is more usenet-based, though).

The point is *gasp* there are Star Wars fans who loathe this character, and they have every right to express their contempt. Look around, there are plenty of "hater" threads around the JC. Possibly one or two you MJ fans have participated in (admit it, you know I'm telling the truth).

So, stop the hypocracy, and just let folks be. If you are a fan, enjoy your thread. If there's something you can't stand, stop by a hater thread and vent. And, whatever you do, respect people's rights to express themselves in a civilized manner. That will keep down a LOT of hostilities all around.

Is that so very hard to understand?

Regards,
    Brat.

24. Jedi_Bratzilla

Aug 13, 2000
    For those who can stomach it, here is an experiment you can try:

Only IF you have the stomach for it, read those posts you don't like as emotionlessly as possible. As another poster said, ignore the ignorant, inflammatory posts (those of the "X sucks" variety). Maybe there is a kernel of truth in what is being said. Or, at the very least, you MJ fans may then gleen some understanding of why many of us so vehemently dislike this character.

That does not mean you have to agree. Just that perhaps you can at least know that the people here may have some valid gripes.

If you can't do that, then just leave this thread alone. In any case, no hard feelings need to result.

Though, I do admit, I get more than a chuckle out of Mara Jade fans who presuppose to come into an obviously marked hater thread and regulate.

Regards,
    Brat.

25. Jedi_JoJo

Jul 27, 2001
    i dont like when people don't read threads carefully.....*sigh*....

i have not come to defend or attack any character or opinion

i am here to say that the WAY SOME PEOPLE EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS is inflamatory. shelly, ive seen you bash mara on numerous threads, not just this one. I'm NOT defending mara. you can like her or dislike her, i dont care. she's fictional. i am disturbed, however, because you have been cursing, pouting, and otherwise throwing a tantrum on almost every thread that mentions her name. a little surprising, considering your last post on the jake lloyd thread. i was surprised when i saw that. seemed a little hypocritical to me...::shrug::

as for everyone else-- do yourselves a favor and read the entire post before accusing me of defending a character at a hater thread devoted to bashing that character

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.