main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Hater Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by rngenzi, Apr 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    I concur, Obi-Apparition . I like Luke a lot too. If you ask me, almost NONE of the authors ever potreyed him correctly. But that didn't make me hate Luke. All I felt when I read the books was wishing that the authors would just take some time to write him correctly, as he was, is, supposed to be.

But as far as Mara goes, we have nothing but the books to judge her by. Everything we know about Mara comes from the written word.

Aunecah_Skywalker

2. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    I am curious about how one defines being written out of character in the EU. The exampled which has been discussed has been Luke Skywalker. Someone who at the end of the movies had fulfilled what Obi Wan and Yoda had set out for him to do. Since that time its been an evolution for Luke one with many twists and turns. One which leaves many openings for authors to choose from. Its led to some inconsistencies, but also lead to some very interesting revelations about the man we call Luke. Do you think Luke is written out of his movie character or out of his EU character?

OWLC

3. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Luke in the EU is weak. He is a weak Jedi who gets his *** kicked by these little Mary Sue dark siders. He is completely naive, something that he should have dropped years ago. He lacks the focus and moral convinction of the Jedi we see in ROTJ. He allows himself to be whipped by a murderer he decided to marry. According to the "great" Zahn and the rest of the EU this murderer and Palpatine lacky is absolutely right about the ways of the Force and moralitiy. Luke is just an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing. That's not the Luke we know from ROTJ.

This Luke is selfish. Where once he would have helped his family and the rest of the galaxy, he decides to sleep with his wife every minute of every day. This while Coruscant is being destroyed, his sister's family (whom he has so conviently decided to bash along with his evil shrill of a wife) is being destroyed, and the Vong are still waging a genocidial war against the New Republic. His wife bashes his sister and he sits back and agrees. Despite how many time Leia has stood up to Han when he has gone after Luke. This is not the Luke we know from ROTJ.

Luke...LEUke is a foolish, selfish, weak, shell of a man.

4. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Luke in the EU is weak. He is a weak Jedi who gets his *** kicked by these little Mary Sue dark siders. He is completely naive, something that he should have dropped years ago. He lacks the focus and moral convinction of the Jedi we see in ROTJ. He allows himself to be whipped by a murderer he decided to marry. According to the "great" Zahn and the rest of the EU this murderer and Palpatine lacky is absolutely right about the ways of the Force and moralitiy. Luke is just an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing. That's not the Luke we know from ROTJ.

And this is portrayed how in the EU? Perhaps you would like to expand on this by posting some proof in certain books. I am curious to see what makes you think he is this weakling.

5. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, how *I* feel the EU authors are characterizing Luke wrong:

1. Self-doubt: Too much of it.
    2. Self-confidence: Lack of it.
    3. Self-esteem: Lack of it.
    4. Luck with girls: bef. he married Mara: Lack of it. Aft. he married her: There is no such thing as luck.

I don't have the books with me right now, but if you compare Leia's and Han's thoughts to Luke's, I think you can see what I mean. Leia and Han always go to a problem, thinking: I can do this. Luke almost always seem to go thinking the other way around.

Aunecah_Skywalker

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Yep, Luke is a weakling at least in the NJO, but I never saw him that way in the Bantam era.

But see, the problem is, I never liked Mara to start with. She might have been an interesting character, but I disliked her... and I was under the impression that I was SUPPOSED to dislike her. That she was supposed to be a character we love to hate. That kind of thing.

I guess it's easier for me to say that I still like her because I liked her in the first place, but I too thought she was supposed to be disliked... which brings me to another question.

Sreya: I'm interested in what way you disliked her. Was it because she was supposed to be a bad person, or was it because her character was just bad? How do you feel about the latter part of the Thrawn Trilogy, specifically Mara's so called "redemption"?

7. Jedi-Angel

Jedi-Angel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    Ah but there was more than grief which was felt. There was pain, anger, Luke felt a myriad of emotions when this happened. It was not just grief. Is fear evil? And yet it can lead to the darkside. Something does not have to be defined as evil, to still have a negative affect.

Have you never had someone you love die? Grief isn't a bad thing. Its natural. It's necessary. There are about 7 stages of grief and if you don't go through each one of them, you are not going to recover properly. Anger happens to be one of them. Pain is, too. Unfortunately, it appears that in this passage, Luke was portrayed as going through several of the stages within a moment's time and deciding to stay in the repressing stage - thanks to his loving wife's ever so supportive comments. It's not a healthy stage to stay in. You don't just jump from it to I'm okay, you're okay at the end of the chapter.

I realize that there is only so much time an author can spend on a particular scene, I write as well. Perhaps the authors should cut out one or two references to Mara's red-gold hair and/or green eyes. Then one of the other characters might actually get some attention. . . . .

8. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Know what i just realized?

I liked Mara's character in Dark Tide 1(can't remember name)

I havent liked her character in the NJO or in the HoT duology but i liked it in that book. She wasn't uber, she was saved by someone else, and on Dantoonie she listened to Lukes opinion of what she do during the fight against the vong... I just noticed that..

9. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    1. Self-doubt: Too much of it.

Sometimes I look at Luke and his self doubt and I get frustrated by it and then at other times it makes perfect sense. Luke who had the future of the galaxy pressed firmly on his shoulders and can understand the self doubt. The man carries more around on his shoulders than some planets probably do and I can understand why he questions himself a lot. I think its beginning to change with him and hope this is the case.

2. Self-confidence: Lack of it.

I think this ties in with the one above. It is very frustrating to see it, but I do understand where it comes from.

3. Self-esteem: Lack of it.

Again this seems to fit in with the other two. I sometimes think we almost take the pressures Luke feels for granted and think he should be able to shrug it all off. Its something to think about.

4. Luck with girls: bef. he married Mara: Lack of it. Aft. he married her: There is no such thing as luck.

I will agree whole heartedly that the gals in Luke's life got shafter way to often as did Luke also when he took interest in them. It got tiresome seeing him lose people he thought he could love or did love. When he hooked up with Mara I did like it, but think since we lost 6 years of their relationship we have missed out on a lot of their growth which would be nice to see.

Thankyou Aunecah_Skywalker for answering my question.

Have you never had someone you love die? Grief isn't a bad thing. Its natural. It's necessary. There are about 7 stages of grief and if you don't go through each one of them, you are not going to recover properly. Anger happens to be one of them. Pain is, too. Unfortunately, it appears that in this passage, Luke was portrayed as going through several of the stages within a moment's time and deciding to stay in the repressing stage - thanks to his loving wife's ever so supportive comments. It's not a healthy stage to stay in. You don't just jump from it to I'm okay, you're okay at the end of the chapter.

But does Luke repress his feelings or does he only dampen down the force which projects his feelings? He never stops feeling, he only prevents others from feeling it. I did not see anybody ok at the end of the chapter, there was still pain, grief, anger, sorrow and a myriad of emotions still flowing even up until the end of the book. Do you think Luke represses his feelings in the rest of SBS Jedi-Angel?

OWLC

10. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    OWLC : It is possible to dampen your emotions through the Force so that no one else can feel it. But that is not quite possible between people very closely related. Like, for example, an apprentice wouldn't always be able to shield his/her emotions from his/her master; and vice versa. But, obviously, a master is going to have an easier time shielding his/her emotions from the apprentice because he/she is more trained.

However, when you are feeling what I would like to term as the *extreme* emotions - those emotions that you feel when you are put through situations that you never wanted to see and can't think through logically - then it is nearly impossible to shield that away from those who are VERY close to you.

I can't be sure, but Luke feels something from Leia that isn't exatly *extreme* in CoPL when they were thousands of lightyears away. In BP, Jacen feels it when Jaina goes EV.

What I'm getting at is that the reason Luke is projecting those emotions through the Force is because he can't control it. The death of his nephew is a lot for him to take.

Mara should have realized that. She should have been able to see that if Luke is projecting them through the Force, that's only because he's hurt so much.

If she loved him, the first thing she should have thought of was to just wrap her arms around him and at least try to comfort him, if not cry with him (can you imagine Mara crying? I can't 8-}). She should have let Luke mourn.

Ben is a lot of distance away, anyway.

If you think about how much Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina must have felt when they were young - considering they weren't shielded or anything, and considering they were extremely sensitive, as well - the way Mara was going about it, they would have turned to the Darkside. But they didn't.

In the Old Jedi Order, Force-sensitive children were found, so they must have felt some Dark emotion, as well. But not many of them turned to the Darkside.

In fact, for seventeen years, Luke must have felt all Dark emotoins that he can feel. Still, he was able to become a Jedi as opposed to a Sith Lord. He was able to withstand Palpatine's manipulations.

While Ben might be influenced subconsciously by what he felt when he was six and can think only of food and sleep, he isn't going to be drowned by them. The path his life takes is carved by no one but him. Emotions that he felt for a minute or two when he was six wouldn't hinder him all that much.

But as a mother, Mara would obviously want to get everything right for Ben from day 1. But that's where she's wrong. She should realize that by trying to shield Ben from everything, she'll just make it worse when Ben *does* feel all those emotions. Because at some point in his life, he *is* going to feel those emotions. Because, when Ben feels those emotoins, he'll be caught offguard and won't know how to handle them.

Besides, she is a wife first and then a mother. (This is not to say that a mother/father won't chose her/his son/daughter instead of her/his spouse if it's a life-and-death problem. But that's not the case here. Thank the Force for that.:)) When her husband is grieving, she SHOULDN'T BE THINKING ABOUT WHAT THAT COULD DO TO HER SON.

. . . .

Sorry. Got a little carried away. ;)

Aunecah_Skywalker

11. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I would think both spouse and child would be equally important. But maybe that's just me...

12. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I agree that if a jedi had strong emotions, he wouldn't be able to consciously hide them from others. If you're feeling that terrible or that happy, it's bound to leak through whatever shields you try to put up.

13. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Spamming sucks!

Spamming still sucks!

*Yoda* "That is why it's being locked."

Does anyone have anything to say besides "Mara sucks!" as their argument. I know some of you have had good arguments for it. But besides "Mara sucks!" can't you say anything more?

And this is portrayed how in the EU? Perhaps you would like to expand on this by posting some proof in certain books. I am curious to see what makes you think he is this weakling.

Obviously Darth Pipes couldn't. He posted Mara sucks and Mara still sucks, though!

Edit: Just removed some space since it's not needed for the point. I have also removed the two spam posts.

Take this as a warning please.

14. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Mara should have realized that. She should have been able to see that if Luke is projecting them through the Force, that's only because he's hurt so much.

I dont disagree at all its a lot for him to take and that he is in pain, he is suffering, and he is angry. But I do not see anywhere in the passage I typed up earlier which has Mara denying Luke these feelings. All I see is her telling Luke to dampen down what he is projecting through the force. Nothing more. It even states this right afterwards Luke covered Mara's hand with his and drew in on himself, dampening his presence in the force-and losing his connection to the twins. Unable to contain the anger rising up inside him, and unwilling to inflict it on his son, he turned and brought his hand down on the holoprojector. he does not stop his emotions from being there or force himself not to feel or anything like that. Mara knows the pain he is feeling, but she is also the practical one. Does that suck sometimes? Yeah it does, but it does not change who she is and so she wanted to protect their son first and then comfort her husband. Luke even agreed with this by taking her hand and dampening down the emotions he was projecting thru the force. Not dampening down the emotions themselves only the projecting.

If she loved him, the first thing she should have thought of was to just wrap her arms around him and at least try to comfort him, if not cry with him (can you imagine Mara crying? I can't ). She should have let Luke mourn.

Actually yes I can imagine her crying, she has even done it in a book.

If you think about how much Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina must have felt when they were young - considering they weren't shielded or anything, and considering they were extremely sensitive, as well - the way Mara was going about it, they would have turned to the Darkside. But they didn't

But how much of these emotions did they feel during their first two years of life when they were the most succeptible to these emotional influences projected through the force? That perhaps is a question worth asking also. Those first few years seem to be the most succeptible so it and for the twins they were sheilded from a lot of that. For Anakin he was shielded for the first year of his life and even after that there was never that type of extremely awful, pain, suffering, anger, moment for Leia during those years. Its an interesting debate wondering just what a baby can feel from their force sensitive parents. Maybe one which may be discussed one day.

In the Old Jedi Order, Force-sensitive children were found, so they must have felt some Dark emotion, as well. But not many of them turned to the Darkside.

How many of those children had force sensative parents who dealt with such an extreme emotional moment? Well we know during the time of the prequals with marriage being forbidden with jedis that the chances of this happening were close to nil. Before that time say during the time of Nomi Sunrider, its a tougher call because marriages and such were allowed back then and thus it makes you wonder more about influences and such.

{i]In fact, for seventeen years, Luke must have felt all Dark emotoins that he can feel. Still, he was able to become a Jedi as opposed to a Sith Lord. He was able to withstand Palpatine's manipulations.[/i]

How many of those emotions were felt via someone else projecting them thru the force? I am gonna go with something close to nil again, which does make a difference. Its the whole projecting it through the force towards the child which I think is the focus of what Mara said and what can cause the most damage to the psyche of an infant. Perhaps one day we will know more on this.

But as a mother, Mara would obviously want to get everything right for Ben from day 1. But that's where she's wrong. She should realize that by trying to shield Ben from everything, she'll just make it worse when Ben *does* feel all those emotions. Because at some point in his life, he *is* going to feel those emotions. Because,

15. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    Well look at the bantam books and how many times Luke got beaten up or tortured or just plain hammered by a dark sider. It's just about every book he's in!

Truce at Bakura - gets bug things in lungs, unpleasant.

X-Wing books - was only in them for about 3 lines in Krytos Trap.

TTT - C'Boath handed him his ass on a plate, had to be saved by Jade.

Dark Empire - Palpy made him look about 3 inches tall all the way through until the end when Leia helped him.

Dark Empire 2/Empire's End - Haven't read them, unlikely to ever read them.

JAT - Get's whacked by Exar Kun big style.

I, Jedi - Corran lectures him but I suppose Luke does hand those wierdos a beating in the end heh.

BFC - Ugh. Just ugh.

New Rebellion - Urm. Too much Luke beating to detail here but suffice to say he don't exactly fare too well.

VOTF - Gets spinal cord and testicles removed by Mara Jade. Also for some really odd reason Zahn decided that two sentinel droids would be a problem for a Jedi Master and a wannabe Jedi. Hmm. I guess force push is another power he doesn't believe in.

I won't bother to go through the NJO but he seems more interesting in leaping into bed with Jade than actually fighting the Vong.

I've missed some books out here I think, there's not enough there for the amount of books I have on my shelf upstairs.

16. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Practically every EU book has shown Luke getting his *** kicked. Let's not forget how in the dreadful Crystel Star, the strong Jedi Master actually falls under the influence of a Force cult. That was beyond terrible. Luke's the same guy who defeated and redeemed Vader...he should be taking out these jokers in the EU left and right.

And for the record...Mara sucks!

17. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Truce at Bakura - gets bug things in lungs, unpleasant.

And uses the force to get em out too.

TTT - C'Boath handed him his ass on a plate, had to be saved by Jade.

I missed this, I did however see Luke fight a clone version of himself(which kinda wears you down) and try and find the good in C'Boath until the end. Probably his biggest mistake.

Dark Empire - Palpy made him look about 3 inches tall all the way through until the end when Leia helped him.

He had never defeated Palpatine before this time either.

JAT - Get's whacked by Exar Kun big style.

And then protects his own body while free floating in nuttin by controling a two year old and turning him into a lightsaber ginsu specialist.

VOTF - Gets spinal cord and testicles removed by Mara Jade. Also for some really odd reason Zahn decided that two sentinel droids would be a problem for a Jedi Master and a wannabe Jedi. Hmm. I guess force push is another power he doesn't believe in.

So two jedi one a master would not be able to handle two sentinel droids which are in essence a form of battle droids? Ones which could not be sliced up. Ah so what we saw in TPM does not matter. I see to remember two jedi one a master face two battle droids of sorts and after realizing they would not be able to slice through them they ran off. No using of force push on them or anything of the sort.

I won't bother to go through the NJO but he seems more interesting in leaping into bed with Jade than actually fighting the Vong.

So the leading of missions and seperating himself from Mara allows for a lot of nookie eh? That must be some funky nookie you speak of. I would love to see you break down the NJO.

Practically every EU book has shown Luke getting his *** kicked. Let's not forget how in the dreadful Crystel Star, the strong Jedi Master actually falls under the influence of a Force cult. That was beyond terrible. Luke's the same guy who defeated and redeemed Vader...he should be taking out these jokers in the EU left and right.

Are you sure he defeated Vader or did Vader give up in the end, because he could not force himself to kill his own son. Its been a widely debated topic for awhile. Even if we go with him redeeming and defeating vader, he was not the one to defeat the Emperor. He was near death, when he was facing the emperor.

Crazy_Vasey, you didn't mention that in the TTT beside C'Baoth, LEUke was wiped my his own clone. How patethic is that?

Fight your own clone a lot do ya? And wipe the floor with him a lot?

OWLC

18. Nephrite

Nephrite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    Crazy_Vasey, you didn't mention that in the TTT beside C'Baoth, LEUke was wiped my his own clone. How patethic is that? The clone was like a week old.

19. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Let's not forget Luke being destroyed by the Nightsisters. Oh wait...the Nightsisters were so powerful that even Palpatine didn't want to deal with them. *rolls eyes*

Bottom line, Luke...LEUke has been portrayed as a shell of the Jedi he is in the book. It was Luke Skywalker who rescued Princess Leia, destroyed the Death Star, disarmed a wampa, destroyed an AT-AT Walker, killed a Rancor, destroyed Jabba's criminal organization, slapped around EU favorite Boba Fett, defeated and redeemded Darth Vader. The EU has not come close to portraying this. Instead, Luke is portrayed as stupid and weak, as opposed to Mary Sue's Mara and Corran. Those two are all wise in the ways of the Force. *rolls eyes*

I mean, didn't Corran tell Luke in I, Jedi "You'll never know the dark side like I do." To me that is the stupid as hell. Luke's understanding of the dark side is among the best of any Jedi. No Mary Sue is going to displace that.

As for La Matress...there is of course her "legendary" speech where she ripped Luke for everything he had done for the past ten years. This from a former Palpatine lackey who couldn't be bothered to spend more than a day training to be a Jedi.

20. Nephrite

Nephrite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    Let's not forget Luke being destroyed by the Nightsisters. Oh wait...the Nightsisters were so powerful that even Palpatine didn't want to deal with them. *rolls eyes*

Yeah, and they also kicked Yoda's @$$ and his Jedi taskforce. [face_laugh]

21. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    How annoying! The Nighsisters supposedly being so strong that Palpy didn't bother with them! :mad:

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    i don't know if i should be doing this, but i just wanted to say this.

i think that it's kind of disappointing that there needs to be a Mara Jade Hater Club. it's not really her fault that she's so "perfect", but the authors' faults. i don't really think that this is neccessary, and i think that it's kind of sad that there are so many pages of posts.

while i am a Mara Jade fan, i don't go bashing people i don't like, and i really don't think that this club is a neccessity, and i think that the mods should ban it. if you have a problem with Mara Jade, go discuss it in the NJO critics club, or found an EU critics club, not a club bashing one character.

23. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001

And uses the force to get em out too.

Point is? These things might not seem much alone but when they happen in EVERY fricking book it gets annoying.

I missed this, I did however see Luke fight a clone version of himself(which kinda wears you down) and try and find the good in C'Boath until the end. Probably his biggest mistake.

Must be one mighty clone if inside a week or two it can catch up with Luke who?s been a Jedi for what 5 years at this point?

Luke was about as effective as a damp squib in the last battle to my recollection and I have NO intention of reading TTT again if I can help it.

Anyway the fact that he didn?t suss C?Boath was a tad loopy when he started zapping villagers was a little? retarded. You don?t need to be a Jedi to realise that zapping people with force lightning ain?t the done thing for a Jedi Master. Luke may be naïve but he knows right from wrong no matter how dumb Zahn writes him to be.

He had never defeated Palpatine before this time either.

So? Luke is supposed to be verging on Jedi Master status by this point, he?s already been established to increase in his ability to use the force at a rate far, FAR beyond any of the old order jedi or he wouln?t have survived Endor but still he?s made Palpatine?s bitch in short order and at no point actually seems to be a threat to him until Leia joins her power with him or something like that.

And then protects his own body while free floating in nuttin by controling a two year old and turning him into a lightsaber ginsu specialist.

You?re exaggerating that a little, Jacen slashed up a couple of dumb beasts. Big fricking deal and this is from the author who thinks Jedi can throw Star Destroyers around.

So two jedi one a master would not be able to handle two sentinel droids which are in essence a form of battle droids? Ones which could not be sliced up. Ah so what we saw in TPM does not matter. I see to remember two jedi one a master face two battle droids of sorts and after realizing they would not be able to slice through them they ran off. No using of force push on them or anything of the sort.

But in TPM they had an easy escape route so they took it, here they did not it was a fight to the death and Luke is a lot more powerful than either of the TPM duo being the son of the chosen one and the guy who restablished the order and the guy became a knight in about 1% of the time it took the old jedi.

Seriously how hard can it be to just use the force to snap a few gears inside the robot or something?

Don?t give me that EU crap about droid manipulation being a Sith power either, that is just an arbitary choice that makes no sense. You can mind whammy people but there?ll be hell to pay if you mess with a droid! Yeah?

Paraphrasing from Conquest:

Anakin: The academy is going to attacked I had a vision of it!

Luke: Ah they?ll be fine.

This is Luke Skywalker? Pfft.

Yeah the untrained witches that beat on a Jedi force led by Yoda? What a crock that is, gotta be up there with Kyp having more raw power than Luke or all these almost as good as Vader dark siders Palpy kept around. Then again what can you expect from the person who turned a novel about Han and Leia?s wedding into a love triangle for no good reason?

24. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Must be one mighty clone if inside a week or two it can catch up with Luke who?s been a Jedi for what 5 years at this point?

I could be off, but I am pretty sure its stated C'Boath was controlling the clone some how. C'Boath did know a fair share about the force, so that could account for Luuke being a decent duelist.

Luke was about as effective as a damp squib in the last battle to my recollection and I have NO intention of reading TTT again if I can help it.

That is too bad, maybe your perceptions would change if you read it again. I know I have found new insights each time I have reread a Star Wars book.

Anyway the fact that he didn?t suss C?Boath was a tad loopy when he started zapping villagers was a little? retarded. You don?t need to be a Jedi to realise that zapping people with force lightning ain?t the done thing for a Jedi Master. Luke may be naïve but he knows right from wrong no matter how dumb Zahn writes him to be.

Yeah the influence C'Boath was pasting him with while Luke visited him on Jomark had nothing to do with why he was in a funk and not understanding how loopy C'Boath actually was.

You?re exaggerating that a little, Jacen slashed up a couple of dumb beasts. Big fricking deal and this is from the author who thinks Jedi can throw Star Destroyers around.

Yes dark beasts imbibed with the dark side via a 4000 year old Sith Lord. Exetremely idiotic beasts I can tell.

But in TPM they had an easy escape route so they took it, here they did not it was a fight to the death and Luke is a lot more powerful than either of the TPM duo being the son of the chosen one and the guy who restablished the order and the guy became a knight in about 1% of the time it took the old jedi

But if its so simple to disable a robot Qui Gon and Obi Wan could have easily disabled them and still gone after those on the bridge. Are you sure Luke is by far more powerful than a jedi master and a jedi who survived the jedi purges? When it comes to snapping something in a droid to disable it, how much would knowing the droid have to deal with being able to know what to snap or what about having two blasters pointed at you and having to keep deflecting shots. Would this allow you to concentrate enough to search out the strut which you can snap in two, to disable the droid?

OWLC

25. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I mean, didn't Corran tell Luke in I, Jedi "You'll never know the dark side like I do."

I don't recall this. You have a page number I can look up?

He's using the Dark side. And the Dark side is "Quicker, easier, more seductive."

I take that to mean that the clone could get to Luke's level in a week or two.

Bottom line, Luke...LEUke has been portrayed as a shell of the Jedi he is in the book. It was Luke Skywalker who rescued Princess Leia, destroyed the Death Star, disarmed a wampa, destroyed an AT-AT Walker, killed a Rancor, destroyed Jabba's criminal organization, slapped around EU favorite Boba Fett, defeated and redeemded Darth Vader. The EU has not come close to portraying this. Instead, Luke is portrayed as stupid and weak, as opposed to Mary Sue's Mara and Corran. Those two are all wise in the ways of the Force. *rolls eyes*

That's your opinion, so please stop stating it as fact.
    And in DE, Luke did take on an AT-AT.

But in TPM they had an easy escape route so they took it, here they did not it was a fight to the death and Luke is a lot more powerful than either of the TPM duo being the son of the chosen one and the guy who restablished the order and the guy became a knight in about 1% of the time it took the old jedi.

I don't get the reasoning that the Chosen One and his children are all powerful. I thought the Chosen One would bring balance to the Force. I haven't seen where it says he is the most powerful ever.

Anakin: The academy is going to attacked I had a vision of it!

Luke: Ah they?ll be fine.

Where is this? This is most definately a paraphrase to end all paraphrases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.