main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade is 48?!?!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BYC, Aug 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Okay, okay...but I'm ignoring that "60 seconds stuff" in my thoughts/comments/conjecture/continuity fixes. I think this is the first official SW thing I have ever ignored. ;)

BTW - Since I knew everyone would gobble them up after SbS comes out, I snatched up Scoundrel's Luck and Jedi's Honor for good prices on eBay. Heh heh.

2. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Could somebody refresh my memory?
    Where in Dark Force Rising and Rebirth do they mention Mara's age?

(Personally, I think she's 2 years younger!)

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Sturm...
    "I think this is the first official SW thing I have ever ignored."

Let the floodgates be thrown wide open! :D

4. BYC

BYC Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2001
    Well my head hurts now.

Mara is a clone? Or is that just a joke since she's a redhead? :) Sorry, I haven't kept up to date on Star Wars history since Hand of Thrawn came out.

Don't forget, the SW RPG that WotC put out says she's 45, which means Luke and Leia were 18 in ANH, and Mara was 20.

Another problem is that writers probably don't take into account for all these time displacements and other things that the RPGs sources make up.

You would think all these inconsistancies mean some sort of Imperial plot to screw things up :)

Bruce

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Not that I take WOTC rpg at 100% face value, they screwed up on the Jerec History as seen in the novels, and video game(Putting stuff out of order, such as morgon and rahn dying post ROTJ.), plus a couple other errors people have brought up.

Then again WEG wasn't always correct too, and had it's "Mistakes".

6. Valdus1

Valdus1 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2001
    I tie to reality... my mother had my youngest brother when she was 45... also remember that a Gallatic year may not be as long as ours..... so plus or minus a year or two on that number to convert to 365 day length.... funny thing about Sci-Fi... its not always converted to Earth.

- V

7. Simone

Simone Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    My mum was 41 when I was born. And she was 46 when my brother as born. Now she's 54 going on 55 in October and she's always been a fit person. So by no means was so too old when I was born. So I think thaat in a world of Medical advances and so forth that Mara and Luke are not to old for children.

8. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    It's not a question about how old she is to have a kid, it's what her dang age is! ;)

9. EvilEwok

EvilEwok Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2001

I've always gone with her being the same age as Luke and Luke as being 18 in ANH so that works out... ugh... maths. Umm, 44? I think? when she had Ben. I don't like the older/younger thing coz I reckon they'd be more round the same age. And I don't want a repeat of the whole Anakin/Amidala thing!!

10. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Amen, EvilEwok!

The age difference in TPM was almost as creepy as Jar Jar!

11. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    What are you talking about? Anakin was 9, and he had a crush on Padme, nothing more. It's not uncommon for a kid his age to like an older girl who is 14. Padme probably thought of him as just a "cute kid".

In AotC, Anakin is 19 and she's 24, so more stuff happens...

12. RNolan

RNolan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2000
    I really think the Anakin/Amidala thing was a little creepy. I suppose it may be due to my own major preference for younger women, but the idea of a boy with a much older woman really creeps me out.

Yours

13. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    19 and 24 is too creepy? ?[face_plain]

14. RNolan

RNolan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2000
    Absolutely.

Yours

15. Sturm Antilles