main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Mara Jade Skywalker Character Discussion * NEW - Quote Challenge! *

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi Trace, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet JP :* :*

You're welcome anywhere you feel like posting, speaking for myself, particularly the NSWFF boards.

[face_dancing]
    [face_dancing]
    That's where Jade eyes's PERMANENT spot is!! [face_laugh]

;)

[:D]

2. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Ah, good ol' Lit continuity flailing. Always a classic. :D Perhaps I should make time for some lurking later today. [face_mischief] :p

3. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    My my. :p

I just thought the "son" comment was a jibe/wishful thinking. There's no way she can be pregnant this early, can she? That seems to be the consensus here as well, but I'll admit that I'm not familiar with where Invasion specifically lies. I thought it was super early, before Balance Point.

I just think it's nice to see everyone again. It's a nice change, regardless of circumstance.

4. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    agree.... the "continuity police" will explode and give birth to calves.. as in they will totally have a cow...

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    The comment seemed rather generic/rhetorical to me. More like Luke considering his own father/son relationship than a father/son relationship with his own kid.

And Mara seems to be channeling Esmerelda from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame. I bet she has a tambourine hidden somewhere.

Jade_Pilot! Don't you EVER feel left out. [:D]

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks, Sister-Pilot! [:D] I have just not been able to keep up with pro-fic lately. I'm chained to "The Scarlet Letter." blah....

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [:D] for the Mara thread!

Re: Invasion - Then again, we don't know exactly where it is in the timeline. Early NJO but after VP, so I s'pose it's possible.

(Anybody else have Tom Taylor friended on Facebook? People are giving him grief for killing Chewie. They don't read the novels and think Tom did it, not VP ten years ago. ::facepalm::)

8. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Wait - are you saying that they're complaining to Taylor about Chewie being dead in Invasion as though it was his idea? Seriously? [face_thinking]

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Yah. I just edited my post above for clarity. And people are arguing/defending him. Kinda funny. Tom said: "Ah facebook. The only place where a fan from Chile can stand up for you against a friend from Bali over the death of a fictitious character on Sernpidal, in a galaxy far, far away."

10. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Oh, fandom. Every time I think it can't get more out there, it tops itself. :oops:

11. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Well, I suppose the excuse doesn't really fly in this day in age when you have the Wook, google, etc, but if you really don't read/follow the books, it's hypothetically possible that you wouldn't know about Chewie's death, even more so if you're someone who is just recently getting into comics/SW/EU/whatever.

But yeah, that's out there. :p

12. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I remember reading about Chewie's death on the front page of USA Today. So yeah, it's hard to imagine anyone being interested enough in SW to pick up the comic, but not knowing already about that.

As to when in the timeline that Invasion falls, it was obviously from that preview that L&M were still on Yavin. And the Yavin academy was destroyed, I believe, in 'Conquest' (when Tahiri is captured by the Vong, and Anakin saves her, and the students all have to hide, then leave). 'Conquest' fell between 'Balance Point' and 'Rebirth.' I don't remember L&M going back to Yavin after they found out she was pregnant in Balance Point, (tho there are missing timeperiods we don't see) so I'd guess this is before she's pregnant.

13. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Ha, my favorite news publication notice was the blurb in Entertainment Weekly about him being buried in a box in Leia's backyard. I loled despite myself. :p

14. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I remember reading about Chewie's death in some kind of publication that I can't remember. It was all over the internet then.
    However, I will always remember how I found out about Anakin Solo's death. I bought a Star Wars Insider before Star By Star, and there was a section that had a guide of EU characters. I read them and came to Anakin Solo....and absolutely freaked when I read he died. To this day (or at least until I stopped reading profic), I would never read any spoilers first. Hence my shock at Mara. No comment.For now.

15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
  16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It seems I've missed a lot not paying much attention in lit these days! 8-}

Thanks for the link Trace, that is pretty awesome! :D

My favorite part: ...it takes a hell of a woman to chain-whip Luke Skywalker, savior of the Galaxy.
    [face_laugh]

17. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I loved that line, too, Mav. Go Mara!

18. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Interesting that they wouldn't use a comic image of her given the subject matter. Even the image they use of her from the Sacrifice cover looks pastede on yay over the Coruscant background that differs from the one on the actual book.

19. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    *emerges from my post-grad school cave*

I am so confuzzled... [face_thinking] [face_tired] I have so much to catch up on between my favourite fanfic stories and if I dare, even the pro fics.

"Hi" to my fellow MJS friends: I've missed you all so so much.

[:D]

20. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    [:D] So glad to see you back!!!![:D]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello dear MirandaFair. =D= :D :D [face_dancing]

Welcome back!!!

:cool:

22. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    All my thanks Ms. Jade and Lady Diva! :D

It's good to be back home... [:D]

23. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Well, that was a nice surprise to be greeted by this afternoon... Miranda! Hi! Welcome back, and wishes of fun readin'. [:D]

24. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    =D= Great to see that a more 'official' judge recognised that while she may have fallen in love she did not become mushy in her love and remained a warrior to contend with after she married Luke and in some regards an equal of Luke. Too many seem to grouch that she became soft and wimpy after she married Luke. Woot!

As for poor Tom...lol and here I thought Star Wars fans were all spocky nerds that spent hours on the internet researching and arguing over the most obscure and minute details of Star Wars :-B :p.

25. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Thanks so much, Daena. [:D] It's wonderful to see you as well. :D

I'm glad Mara is getting recognition even the black catsuit kind. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.