main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mara Jade: The Emperor's Hand- The Test on Corellia (Updated August 14, 05)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Brant_Flir, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Okay, here is my Mara Jade story. Please tell me what you think. Thanks.

Mara Jade: The Emperor?s Hand
    The Test on Corellia

Mara Jade. The name brought fear to the fear to the hearts of her enemies. The Emperor?s Hand. The title itself would cause the powerful Darth Vader to listen to what she had to say. The was the Empire?s greatest asset. She could complete missions no number of stormtroopers or even Darth Vader could accomplish. She was a lethal assassin and an expert of disguise. She was loyal to only one person in all the galaxy? Emperor Palpatine?

Mara Jade jumped down onto the landing, leaving the hole she had cut through the turbolift wall empty. She wore a black leather bodysuit, and was adorned in all sorts of holsters and pockets filled with blasters, ammo, slugthrowers, grenades, flares, commlinks, rations, and plenty other items. Her best asset was her lightsaber and her ability to call upon the Force. She smiled, thinking of the damage she would cause her target. She thought back onto her orders from the Emperor-

?Child, you will go to Corellia, the primary planet in the Corellian System. There in the ruins of the old CorSec building you will find your target,? the Emperor informed her and handed her a datapad with his wrinkly hand, and it was filled with information on her target, ?He is a Jedi. He escaped Lord Vader?s purge. Your mission is simple: kill the Jedi. To show me the proof he is dead, I want you to give his lightsaber to me. Do not fail me.

She was young and beautiful with strikingly beautiful green eyes and golden-red hair. She was nervous but confidant. This was one of her first mission since becoming the Emperor?s Hand and she would do it well. She rounded the corner and saw the green lightsaber blade fly towards her. She immediately lifted the lightsaber Palpatine had given her. With a snap-hiss and a scratching sound her blade lit and parried the Jedi?s attack.

She looked at the Jedi slowly, looking over his weapons. He wore a huge amount of grenades and held an DL-15 Blaster Pistol in his hand and the lightsaber in the other. He wore an assortment of tattered robes and Clone Wars-era Clone Trooper armor along with Jedi battle armor pieces. His hair was rough and he looked like he hadn?t seen sunlight in a long time.

?Well, well, well, another Jedi. I thought I was the last one. So Anaki-I- I mean Darth Vader didn?t kill them all?? the man asked, excited scream and turned off his saber.

She was about to take advantage of this opportunity when something in the Force twitched. She realized what it was a moment before it hit her. Literally. She was flung across the room when the piece of moss-covered ferocrete hit her. She slammed into the wall and fell to the ground, gasping for breath. Blood trickled from her mouth. A snap-hiss was heard as she sat up from the stone ground. She flipped a DC-17 blaster pistol into her right palm and fired on the Jedi. He deflected it and brought his lightsaber down. She moved to dodge, but another piece of rock hit her, but at least she still moved enough to dodge most of the strike. The lightsaber cut a thin gash in her shoulder and melted the bodysuit and cauterized the wound instantly. She cried in pain.

She pushed with the Force, and the Jedi was thrown across the room. She jumped to her feet, wiped the blood from her mouth and used the Force to bring her lightsaber, which was thrown from her hand when the ferocrete hit her. She ignited it and stood over the crumpled body of the Jedi. He leaped up and striked at him with his lightsaber. She barely blocked it and then turned offensive. She hit again and again, and finally, his old lightsaber began to flicker. She smiled, apparently it hadn?t had any maintenance on it for a while since he had been hiding and it was losing energy from the continuous assault from her saber. Finally it flickered into nothing and she cleanly cut through the air and cut him in half. He fell, but strangely died with a smile. She figured it out instantly when the grena

2. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Working on putting the finishing touches on the second section. Please post. Don't be a lurker. I want your opinions. thanks.

3. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    It looks even better up than in the PM. Great Job.

4. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Yay! My first post on this fic! Thanks Zeb. I changed it a little by double-spacing the paragraphs. Thanks to my three Betas!

Lurkers, don't Lurk! Please post. Hugs to any Lurker who comes forth!

:)

5. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    please post your thoughts. I want to post the next part, but i don't have amny readers. :(

Don't be a lurker, be a writer

6. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Anybody want to read a Mara JAde fic?

7. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Very nice, only problem I had was Mara stabbing the guy for making a joke, that goes from "dont mess with me" straight to "unstable"

Keep em coming.

-The Scummy-

8. SiriLVR

SiriLVR Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    thats was so good,your good at writing stories

9. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Thanks. I will hope to get the second piece up sometime this week. thanks.

10. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Well, i decided i throw it up and see how it goes. Please give me opinions and constructive critisisms.

Section Two:

The young girl dodged to the side as the old B1-Seiries Battle Droid pointed its blaster at Mara. The shot went wide and Mara cut its head off with her lightsaber. It fell loudly to the floor of the training facility deep inside what was left of the Jedi Temple. Defaced statues lingered around the place, and now a beheaded battle droid was added to the collection.

?Good, Good, your anger makes you powerful. You are quick and agile, but powerful. Your best asset is your lightsaber and your ability to call upon the Force. Keep both of them with you,? the mutilated, cloaked form of Emperor Palpatine told her and pressed a small button. Twelve more battle droids entered, and mara Jade lifted her saber. The droids fired?

Mara thought back on a strategy that would help her in this matter. She was ready to kill it when she reached for her lightsaber? and found nothing!

?Jediscum!? she swore under he breathe, and before the blaster fired an ion blast shot the droid, and it fell to the floor.

?Yoooourr DeeaTTTHHH Wiilllll do me Wande?? it said, malfunctioning and finally went silent.

?Thanks,? Mara told the cloaked man coming towards her, putting his ion-blaster away. Mara reached down for the rifle and walked toward her rescuer and then stopped. HE had lifted his head and his hood fell back. She gasped and raised the rifle to be at him. It was the Jedi! He had no beard, but he was unmistakable. ?What in Darth Vader?s helmet?? she demanded as she saw him.
    ?Yes, Mara, a clone,? the cloned Jedi said, looking at her with death in his eyes.

?Who made you? What do you want from me?? Mara demanded, stepping backwards to the fallen droid.

?Your Master, the Emperor. He created, he mixed us, to perform one mission. Test the Emperor?s Hand. The thing is, I am not like my brother? I had some upgrades?? the Jedi-clone said as two mechanical arms unfolded from his cloak. He reached with his real hands into his cloak and took out two lightsabers. One was his, and the other was unmistakenly the Jedi-Clone?s that she ahd killed. One robot hand grabbed a blaster while the other took a familiar cylinder from his belt. He had her lightsbaer.

Hate filled Mara. It fuled her, it strengthened her. ?Okay, so you have one of my best assests, but I still have another? and a little something up my sleeve,? she whispered to herself and she called apon the Force, charged at the Jedi-Clone, her blaster falling out from her sleeve and into her waiting had. She jumped, and fired?

The bio-robot, a downgraded version of a Sepratist General during the Clone Wars, lunged foreward, three lightsabers flailing. She lifted herlightsaber to attack but a fourth hand appeared and grabbed her saber. The sharp fingers cut into her hand. She cried out in pain and took out two blaster rifles and continued the barrage. Again and again she fired, and he deflected them all. Suddenly, she used the Force and returned her saber and another to her hands and cut the legs off the surprised bio-droid. She stabbed her saber into the ?neck? of the bio-robot and it stopped moving.

11. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    This update is considerably better then the original post.

-The Scummy-

12. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    thanks. Please contine to post. Thanks.

13. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Please R&R

14. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Please R&R. Thanks.

15. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Hey I like this a lot Mara is so cool! :cool: Could you PM me when you update?

16. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    No prob Senator_Leia73. Will do. Everyone, keep posting, i'm kind of busy and will try to get a short update in here soon.

17. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    A short piece:

Section 3:

Mara knew the risks involved with fighting a Jedi with three lightsabers and a blaster with only two blasters as weapons, but she hoped she could handle it. She fired until her blasters were empty, and realized she needed help. She used the Force to surge energy into the would-be assassin droid?s circuitry and jumpstarted it. The droid lifted his head and looked around.

The droid saw the lightsabers fall down towards his target. ?No!? he cried and took out two blasters from holsters and fired, destroying one of his arms. A lightsaber fell and within moments, it was in his target?s hands. He jumped up and stood by her and fought with her. The man was obviously surprises and she quickly sliced his head cleanly off the neck. His body fell.

Mara Jade picked up the two other lightsabers and clipped them to her belt, and then put her own on her left hip. ?Why did you help me?? Mara demanded.

?You are mine to kill,? the droid said, and looked away.

?Why don?t you do it then?? Mara demanded and let her hand drop to her belt.

?Now is not the time. You need help. For now I am your ally. But be weary, the day will come when I must turn against you. Be prepared,? the metallic droid, and pointed towards a pack it had brought with it.

Mara looked in it and found clothes in her size.

?I came prepared in case we would ally together. There are blasters and such underneath them. There is a refresher-station In that door over there, hurry and change, no disguise will help with Palpatine?s best troops after you,? the droid said, and Mara hurried off. After she was inside he listened intently to his commlink, which had begun to buzz. He nodded to himself, reloaded his blaster and headed for the refresher-station?

18. Sima_Sith

Sima_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    WOW! so exciting! this is really awesome

19. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Here is the next chapter, it is kind of short, but here it is. (wow, two in one day!)

Section 4:

?Good. Good, use your anger!? Palpatine ordered, and Mara Jade, about twelve now, dispatched another droid combatant. With one final move she slew the final droid, and stood, panting covered in sweat. ?Good, now, go and clean up and we?ll adjourn for the midday meal,? Palpatine told her, and the beautiful young girl headed towards the refresher stations. Once inside she stripped her training suit and donned a pair of loose fitting pants and a loose tunic. Suddenly her senses trickled, and she turned to see an animal with sharp claws jump at her? She awakened the next day in the bacta tank?

She turned as the droid jumped at her, this time she had better reflexes. She jumped into the air, her unzipped bodysuit hung somewhat loosely to her body, and she zipped it up as she lifted her lightsaber using her pinky, and brought her weapon down, cutting the treacherous droid in half. ?Foolish droid,? she said, and grabbed the droids blaster and hung it over her shoulders.
    She pulled on her boots, returned her lightsaber to her belt, and walked calmly from the facility; the smoking remains of the would-be assassin droid lay behind her. Suddenly she stopped and returned to the droid and picked up its communicator and replayed its last message.
    ?GORM-6, destroy Mara Jade!? Palpatine?s voice ordered, and then it ended. She dropped it to the floor in anger, and walked out, anger spreading through her veins. Suddenly the puzzle pieces fell into place and she smiled with the challenge. She remembered her master?s words after the animal fiasco?

?Jade?Remember what you have learned. It can save you! You will be tested one day,? Palpatine said, and moved away from her bed.

?So, it?s a test,? Mara thought, and continued on her way, ?I mean, it makes sense. All the stuff that has happened so far I have learned in his training, but still. Jedispawn! This may get to be very hard!?
    Just then a group of stormtroopers ran by, and she stood up against the wall, trying to blend into the shadows. They continued on their way and she walked on, and saw the burning remains of the Imperial Garrison. Mara Jade hurried her steps and continued on her way.

20. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Shouldn't Mara Jade fics be in the other forum? She's not part of the movies, and doesn't belong in the Saga section.

21. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    No, Saga is during the saga, anything that happns in the time of Episode 1 to episode 6. Post is after the movies, and pre is before the movie. Tis is during the movies.

22. SiriLVR

SiriLVR Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Goood Good Sorry haven't been on in a while i think you know the reason.Good,Good realy good.

23. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Hey, Galaxies can take up a lot of your time. (I wish it would take up SOME of mine, but i don't have it!) Thanks for reading my fic. I have kind of neglected four of my fics (Mara Jade (this), One With the Force, Avengers, and the Fate of Commander Cody).

24. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I loved the Jedispawn line! The fact that she is a Sith and you turned that around is a really good idea. :D So this is a test for her...or maybe she just thinks that...does Palpy have something evil up his sleve?

25. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Well, we don't kno yet, do we? Or at least you don't! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.