main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara or Callista?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Raysa_Skywalker, Oct 16, 2001.

?

Mara or Callista?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Mara

73.1%
  2. Callista

6.0%
  3. Both are cool!

6.0%
  4. Neither! I think somebody needs to give Luke a new girl!

14.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raysa_Skywalker

Raysa_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2001
  2. Raysa_Skywalker

Jun 14, 2001
    No Callista-bashing please. I like both Mara and Callista, and I hate it when a Mara-fan disses Callie just cuz they can. Same goes for Callie fans. No Mara-bashing!

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    They're both hot. Callista is more to my tastes, though, but I wouldn't complain if Luke got in on with both of them.

4. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    i acidently hit the last button. :(
    i was going for their both cool.

5. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    "They're both hot."

Huh? You ever seen them or something. I know Mara's been assigned a model, but I didn't think Callista was.

6. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Huh? You ever seen them or something. I know Mara's been assigned a model, but I didn't think Callista was.

I'm not particularly impressed by Baksa, but just read the books. They're both beautiful women. Or if you don't have a visual imagination, look in the comics, or the essential guides, or at the trading cards, or in the encyclopedia or RPG materials...

7. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    Ah, they've got pictures all over the place.4

8. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    "Huh? You ever seen them or something. I know Mara's been assigned a model, but I didn't think Callista was. "

Calista is beautiful enough to make Leia jealous. The first and only book wherein Mara was ever described as beautiful was Rebirth (in Luke's thoughts... I'd hope that he thinks his wife is beautiful).

9. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "in Luke's thoughts"

We're doomed.

10. ShadesOfGrey

ShadesOfGrey Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2001
    True, I never noticed that Mara had never been described as beautiful before then! As for the Mara model, she is awful, her face and features are too round, shes still nice looking she just doesnt look like Mara.

11. Galleon

Galleon Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    I think they are both hot, and agree that Callista has gotten a lot of heat, even though she really wasn't that bad.

12. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Are talking about who is hotter? who is cooler? who is better for Luke? Whats the question here?

(I am just asking this for the clarification of other people, in my honest opinion Mara is a more developed character, more interesting, more suited to Luke...I could go on. :D )

As for the model thing, yeah, I agree, Shannon Baska was not a good choice for Mara. I always dislike when book characters are given faces, espescially in Star Wars, because they are always so DIFFERENT from how I imagined them.

13. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Yet when their given a face in the comics it's alright, even if it doesn't match your image?

I think I know what Genghis would vote and whom he'd vote for. And it's neither of the primary choices.

14. Raysa_Skywalker

Jun 14, 2001
    In your opinion, who is better for Luke?

15. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    In the jedi apprentice novels 2 and 3, Mara was described as good looking, and in I Jedi, Corran Horns 1st impression was that she was a "strikingly attractive" woman.

16. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Mara was good looking enough to have Lando tripping over his tongue. And he should know what's good, he's been around the block a few times has our Lando. ;)

17. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    Callista should have died in COTJ. She was a great character in that book--until she survived.

18. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    Simply put, Mara is AWESOME! Calista was an interesting concept, but she wasn't presented well enough to really grow attached to her. Meanwhile, Mara Jade had a better story, and her character was steadily developed, so we had time to grow attached to her. (Of course, I'm going off what I've read about Calista, which is "C.O.T.J." and "Darksaber". Soon I'll be getting into "Planet of Twilight", so I'll see if she pulls out any surprises in that one.)

19. JadenSkywalker

JadenSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Leia thinks Mara is pretty. On page 140 of Vector Prime: "She's probably panicking," Leia replied, and she could easily visualize the grin spreading on Mara's pretty face.

20. JadedofMara

Sep 16, 2001
    Who is better for Luke...uh, the one who actually STUCK WITH him and married him...the one who he is bonded forcewise with...ya know, her. MARA!!! DUH!!! (sorry, there i go again...)

21. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    they both suck.

22. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    ::shudders::

I wish...but let's not go there... ;)

23. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Why, what ever could you mean by that, Mastadge? ;)

24. JadedofMara

Sep 16, 2001
    Family-Friendly, Mastadge, FAMILY-FRIENDLY ;)

25. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    I'd have to say Mara is better for Luke then Callista ever was, at least she never sunk him into a deep depression that we had to read about his whining for many of the books after POT and chose the Force over him.

Honestly, Callista may have made Luke happy, but she also had the power to crush him like every woman he'd grown attached to. The difference between Callista and Mara was that she did use that power against him, whether inadvertantly or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.