main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara or Callista?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Raysa_Skywalker, Oct 16, 2001.

?

Mara or Callista?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Mara

73.1%
  2. Callista

6.0%
  3. Both are cool!

6.0%
  4. Neither! I think somebody needs to give Luke a new girl!

14.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    I will have to go with Mara, but I would LOVE to see Callista return in the NJO.

2. natalie_toy

natalie_toy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    a mara-calista-luke threesome

3. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    I wasn't quite thinking a three some...

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Mara all the way. I just dont like Callista all that much.

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Mara.

However, I can't believe I am admitting this, but......

I actually liked Callista at first. Even started to write a story where Luke was going to go after her....then I got the Internet and discovered fanfiction. The rest is history and I changed my liking to Mara. ( I made Callista a villian in my story, Parent Trap: Star Wars style.)

Yes, Callista was okay at first, but that body-snatching (sorry, but I had to say it!) was a little much. Also, I never liked the way that Barbara Hambly wrote the story. It was boring! Here is how boring it was: I read Planet of Twilight on a trip to Minnesota. I was desperate for something to read and I chose to bring that book,so I could let it collect dust. I hated Planet of Twilight. She killed the Noghri and Luke was poorly written.

Even though I loved Mara, I created my own character (who looks like Mara) named Melinda. She was created just in case something happened to Mara in Vision of the Future.

Mara is cool. IMHO, only Zahn can write her really well, since he did create her.

And, I am glad Luke married someone! I was tired of him being single. I just didn't want it to be Callista. IMNSHO, she should just fade away. I did like Raysa_Skywalker's idea of Callista giving her life for the Skywalker Family.

Good Explanation, right?

Okay then.

6. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    People are still arguing about this???

A few years ago I would have said Mara. I still say Mara, even though she's been turned into a spineless creature for Luke to adore in the NJO (or, in other terms... Callista.)

I keep hoping they'll write her correctly. At least give her something to do other than tag along with Luke.... Sigh.

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Isn't this thread kind of irrelevant after Union?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.