main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Mara Quote Challenge - The Price For Fame - Luke and Mara on a late night talk show!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by madman007, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Here's my entry for the quote challenge. Since I have places where I need the bold type, I am highlighting the quotes that were required. Enjoy and review as you see fit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Price For Fame

Setting: Several months after the events of The Unifying Force.

Summary: Luke and Mara are getting help from their friends moving into a larger apartment on Coruscant to accommodate their new baby, Ben. In the midst of moving, something is found that they would rather be lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside the newly renovated apartment complex that had once been a Yuuzhan Vong temple, Mara, Luke, Han, and Leia collapsed on the Skywalker?s sofa. All were extremely exhausted.

Into the room came Jacen Solo with a box in hand. He set it down unceremoniously on the floor. ?There! That?s the last of it. All of your stuff is in here now, Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara.?

?Thank you, Jacen,? muttered Luke.

Jacen replied, ?Just don?t ask me to figure out where it all goes in here. My job is done. And I?m beat.?

Luke shot back, ?I said thanks already. What do you want, a medal??

Jacen answered, ?Yes, actually. A nice shiny silver one.?

Han grumbled, ?I?ll give you a nice shiny silver thump on the head if you don?t shut up now, son.?

Jacen didn?t reply.

Leia looked at all the boxes and furniture scattered in no order inside the living room. She moaned, ?This all doesn?t have to be straightened tonight, does it??

Mara replied, ?No. That can wait until morning. Although, I don?t know about the rest of you, but I?d be just as happy if this stayed nice and simple.?

Leia agreed with a nod. ?Though I see that Wedge had the sense to leave this moving party early.?

Luke said, ?You noticed that too??

Han said, ?Now that everything is here, what can go wrong??

As if on cue, the newest Skywalker, Ben, started crying from the other room.

Leia turned to her husband. ?I?m holding you responsible for that remark.?

Mara barked, ?No, I will.? Mara started to get up while her husband stayed still on the sofa. ?No, Luke, don?t get up. I?ll tend to our son. I only went through the pain of giving birth to him while I was suffering through a Vong disease.?

?What? Oh, thanks, Mara.?

Mara rolled her eyes. ?Don?t mention it, Farmboy.?

Han cried, ?Hey, why does that baby get all the attention? I didn?t see him helping with the move.?

Mara said emphatically, ?Leave Ben out of it! If you so much as breathe on him, I?ll skin you alive, and that?s not a euphemism.?

?Wonderful imagery, Aunt Mara,? Jacen remarked..

Before Mara reached the hallway, out came Jaina. ?Mara, were you on the Leti Rediman Show??

Mara sighed, ?Yeah, it?s true. Now tell me who blabbed so I can go cut his head off.?

?No one told me. Look what I found.? She was holding up a holovid.

Mara wearily stared at her niece and said, ?Yes, Jaina, it?s a holovid. It?s a new technology that?s going to sweep the galaxy.?

?Oh, Jedi sarcasm. I?m wounded. No, seriously, this disc has the name Leti Rediman labeled on it."

Both Luke and Mara groaned at the same time. Mara cried out, ?I?m going to kill you, Skywalker.?

"Not the first time I've heard that from you."

"And it won't be the last."

Leia asked, surprised, ?You kept that recording??

Luke answered, ?I thought I lost it on purpose.?

Han recalled, ?I remember when you two were on that show. It was shortly after your wedding. Funny stuff. I remember some of the Top Ten List.?

Mara said, ?Our price for fame." Ben wailed louder. "Excuse me, but my son is crying.? She disappeared around the corner of the hallway.

Jaina said, ?Jacen and I were too young then to watch it.?

Jacen said, ?Yeah, it was on too late.?

Luke tried to change the subject when he asked the twins, ?You two aren?t serious about fixing diner, are you??

Han cut in, ?I don?t know whether to mark that down as ?exceptionally daring? or ?unusually stupid?.?

?Sure,? Jacen answered. ?What?s

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Exactly the cure for the stress I'm under at the moment. I love the humor and the banter and the idea is just really fun. I love how you worked all the quotes in, and I love seeing a happy Skywalker/Solo family moment. Great response to the challenge!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh]
    [face_laugh]
    That top ten list...
    :)
    Enjoyed that immensely!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!!!!
    [face_love]
    [:D]

4. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    ROTFLMAO. Loved it. You got ever one down well. Loved it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.