main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara vs. Kyp

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Let the debate begin!

2. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    kyp is stronger in the force and would win a jedi battle... i don't much like him but he has proven that he's a strong jedi... mara, well, don't ask me how mara became a master...

if it was unarmed combat or something like that though, without the force, mara would win...

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Kyp for me. I dont like Mara. Her attitude, her know it all ness, and the way she became a Master after five years(including some while ill I believe) and a short time with Kyle.

I would have preferred to see the original red headed one myself :)

Anyway, in a fight, Kyp would win, unless it was a gun fight.

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    If it is a battle based solely on Jedi skill, than I think that Kyp would defeat Mara. It may be close, but I think Kyp's agressive nature with the Force would ultimately win out in the end.

In traditional hand to hand combat, I think Mara may have the edge, but that would be close as well. Although Mara has extensive training in close fighting Kyp's Jedi enhanced reflexes could save him in the end.

It's a tough one to call, I think.

5. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    Despite Kyp's brash additude, he would massacre Mara 1 on 1. Mara is a rather delecite, though well trained character, where Kyp is very strong in the force. Also, phisically Mara seems past her prime.

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Kyp's a tough guy and astoundingly powerful in the Force. He'd whoop her.

7. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    I'd have to say Mara for one reason:

It would be a warm day on Hoth before Luke would just stand by and let Mara face Kyp alone. There's no way that Kyp could handle BOTH of them! :)

Kimball Kinnison

8. loser_fett

loser_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    In terms of force power, Kyp is definately the more powerful of the two. I mean he flew through the Maw without any training at all, something that Mara didn't even think she could handle after years of training with the Emperor and Luke.

9. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Mara would almost definitely lose.

Hehe. She may consider herself wise, and might have a razor sharp tongue, but Kyp at least has the power to back up his smart-alec comments.

If they were to have a verbal battle, Mara might win.

If they were to fight at the Iron chef contest, Kyp would definitely not stand a chance of losing...hehe.

Actually, Mara might beat him in a straight blaster duel...

--Why does this type of comparison matter?

("Hey, I'll bet Danni can take Cilghal any day!")

It all seems kinda moot seeing as they're on the same frickin side...

10. mj

mj Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 1998
    By sheer strength, Kyp would definitely win although she'd put up a good fight. But I think that if they actually fought, Mara would likely outsmart him or trick him.

Brute strength isn't what always wins the fight, and SW is about the victory of the underdog. :)

11. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    I'm staying out of this one. ;)

12. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Mara would win. She'd have the sense not to make it a simple Force-fight, and she'd use some trickery. For crying out loud, she was the Emperor's Hand! An uppity Jedi wouldn't stand a chance!

(I love stirring it...) [face_mischief]

13. CADNO_FOX

CADNO_FOX Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2002
    How can anybody like Kyp he's too up himself
    and i think Mara would win cause she's a sly old fox

14. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    I think that they would knock each other out in the end and that there would be no desisive victor.

Mara was trained by the Emperors best at hand to hand combat and speed and even has the force to make her faster and stronger. However, she is well past her prime and wuld tire faster

Kyp is far more powerful than Mara is in the force and much younger. However, he is brash and not as well trained in hand to hand or lightsaber duels.

Sometimes the more powerful does not always win in a fight and if I had to choose, I would choose Mara. She's just better trained.

15. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    Especially for Tanjokabri:
    KYP? Stronger in the Force than Mara? The dark side, maybe! Mara could royally kick his butt all across the galaxy! There is no question about Mara's superiority! However, you ARE right about her beating him in Force-less combat. He wouldn't stand a chance. I'll forgive you for your severe mistake, but if these characters were real, Mara would NOT be happy. (Trust me, unhappy Mara Jade is not good). Thank you for your time.

16. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Horn, Kyp has been a Jedi for around fifteen years. Mara has for under ten total. Stronger in the force? Explain how

17. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Never have truer words been spoken, Kimball. :) Luke wouldn't stand by and let his woman get into a fight alone with Kyp.

However, I SERIOUSLY doubt that any sort of fight between the two besides a verbal arguement would ensue. And for this one, surprisingly, I would have to go with Mara. She seems to have a sharper tongue, and we all know that's a big advantage in an arguement. :) Not that I don't think Kyp would win otherwise though. :D

Jae Angel

18. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Personally I'd like to seem them both fried but if I had to pick I'd say that I'd want Kyp to come out above Mara and he probably would too.

19. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I am posting to let you all know that if I DID say something, it would be very nasty and probably get me banned. So i am not posting...just excersising extrEME self control and saying that my vote goes to Mara.

BTW, to whoever said it...duration of training often is not really a variable in sheer force strength. Some people are just innately more strong in the force than others and nothign can be done to change it.

20. Maverick15

Maverick15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Okay in force ability Kyp blows Mara out of the water. IT IS THAT SIMPLE.. even the most loyal of Mara fans know this. I f there is one guy you want at your back if you are fighting Luke Skywalker it would be Kyp..or maybe Mara cause he'd rip her clothes off instead of fighting her.

Second: What is also evident is that Kyp has more experience at being a jedi than Mara..by more than half a decade. Use your timelines and you will know this to be true.

Now, Mara does have more armed and unarmed combat experience. However the first thing you realize about Kyp is that he is a survivor. A guy who survived the spice mines without a spouse to protect him is pretty tough. And you know that Kyp never let go of his streetsmarts and dirty tricks. And blasters don't even factor here since Mara would never be so stupid as to draw one in a fight with Kyp.

Finally we have to guge how far our contestants will go to win. Now we all know that Mara doesn't play by the rules. However, if there's one person who will do even more to acheive their ends, it's Kyp. If he needs to(He won't) Kyp will resort to a little dark side and flay Mara alive

Thank you for a moment of your time.

21. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Mara would have no chance what so ever. Kyp would make it look easy. :)

R.

22. Wyl_Transerwnnyr

Wyl_Transerwnnyr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    It seems to me that Mara would probably use that old Pythonic tactic of taunting Kyp to the point that he'd be so enraged that he would make a mistake. Despite all of his bravado, he's pretty easily stung by well-placed insults, as Mara is prone to doing. Mara would get under his skin and then just exploit his own weaknesses. I don't care how much more powerful Kyp is. If he were to slip up, Mara would catch him in it.

23. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    I second what Maverick said. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.