main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Marathon before the film?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Miras-Etrin, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I did it with the 3rd movie. I don't know about with this one. I mean I watch them all at random now, so we will see.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  2. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I watched all six movies back-to-back on my birthday a couple of years ago. I was still in college and it was on a weekend or something, so I was able to devote the entire day to it.

My main prep for Episode VII is getting caught up on some of the novels that I hadn't read before the vast majority are contradicted in some way with the new canon. (I'm not watching Rebels, so the new canon won't take effect for me until Episode VII and of course the new material in my reading list.)

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/what-is-your-pre-episode-vii-reading-to-do-list.50022036/

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I just finished Revenge Of The Sith up next A New Hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Would be great to watch one a day leading up to watching The Force Awakens in the cinema.

Best Star Wars Marathon I've ever been to was at the Empire theatre in Lecister Square (London), when they showed all 6 movies including the world premier of ROTS. Amazing day! One I'll remember for many more years to come.

jaqen likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm going to watch the Holiday Special 38 times.

6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I finished A New Hope about a half hour ago, The Trench Run is still my favorite part, out of the Prequels my favorite is Attack Of The Clones. Tomorrow I will watch Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I haven't watched a Star Wars film since seeing ROTS in the theater.

So yes, a marathon is definitely in order.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't say that I will be able to go to Marathon, Greece before the movie comes out.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's a possibility. But it's also a possibility that I'll be running from zombies in a year so I'll take a wait and see approach.

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Zombies would be more likely. Getting a lot of money and for some reason going to Europe and Marathon Greece in particular is possible but not in the cards this year. If I lived in Europe that might help.

11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I know I said I would only do two movies a day, but I just finished The Empire Strikes Back, so I just have one more film to Go Return Of The Jedi !!!!!!!!!!! and Return Of The Jedi will have to wait till tomorrow. Something I noticed The Light Sabre's in Rebels are thin just like in the OT hopefully that trend continues in the ST ....

12. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013

Wow, that really is a drought... I thought going from 2005-2012 without seeing TPM was a long time!

jaqen likes this.
  13. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm always surprised when I see people who post a lot on Star Wars boards say that they don't watch the films that often.

On the other side of the coin, I imagine a lot of people are shocked (and somewhat terrified) at how often some of us watch them.

jaqen - Wow. That's a really long time without seeing a SW film. I take it you didn't buy the blu-ray set?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I saw most of ANH last year.
    Parts of ESB, ROTJ and ROTS last year or the year before that.
    Usually I youtube the lightsaber battles and action scenes.

I read the novels and comics way more than I watch the movies.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I guess you can count me in the group that don't watch the films very often. I usually sit down to watch them once a year, but I've been having a bit of a drought. I've been fairly busy and I think the last time I actually took the time to watch them was two years ago when I was home sick with the flu. But in a lot of ways, it feels like I watch them all the time with the way I listen to the soundtracks, view clips on youtube and sift through literally thousands of screenshots for reference purposes for my art (working on two official projects right now that required me to do that a few weeks ago).

However, with the release of TFA coming up, I do plan to do a marathon to lead into it. Most likely, I'll probably watch one film a night leading up to the premiere.

16. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I'm not (obviously LOL). When I love a film, I love a film. It doesn't matter to me how often I see it. Some of my favorite films I've seen a dozen time (ROTJ I use to watch every night as a teenager as I fell asleep, so I've seen it over 100 times), some only once or twice. I've never felt compelled to read most of the books, play again through the video games and yes watch the films I love over and over. There are exceptions, but those are rare.

I was given the blu-ray set. I sold it (I had an online business and was building inventory).

Darth Raiden likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ever since they moved Spike channel out of the normal range of channels that I watch, (for Dish Network) I've never checked to see when SW marathon's are on. And my mom thinks I'm nuts when I put that or the LOTR movies on.

18. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I used to watch all six SW Movies almost every week, sometimes more then once a week. I have been watching Star Wars ever since the early 90's so between the OT and the Prequels i have probably watched all six movies thousands of times if not more. Lately i have been watching less frequently so this marathon has been well over due. For this Marathon i am going in Chronological order, the order in witch George Lucas wants us to watch it, but closer to TFA's release I will watch in the order they came out in the the theater. I plan to do Marathons a few times out of this year, one i want to try, episode 1, episode 6, episode 2, episode 5, episode 3, episode 4 I don't know why i just came up with this order one day?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  19. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'm going to watch them in random order. TPM followed by TESB followed by ANH then ROTS then AOTC followed by ROTJ

StoneRiver and Miras-Etrin like this.
  20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Spike hasn't been doing SW in the past year or so (They did Indiana Jones at X-mas), at least not at holidays like they used to... which makes me sad because that's usually when I get my SW watching in. It's not as though I don't own multiple copies, it's just more fun to say, 'Hey! Star Wars is on TV, I shall watch!' then to get out the DVD's and risk messing them up. :p

plaidphoenix and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Well that sucks.
    Don't they have Harry Potter marathons practically every month on ABCFamily? It's insane.
    At least I know that there is something on that I like instead of having it on ESPN the entire night.

22. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Maybe they're waiting until we get close to the release of TFA to do a marathon, though I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to do one around Christmas to mark off the 1 year countdown to Episode VII.

23. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    I think I've watched one episode of Star Wars on Spike, and that was when RotS made its TV debut. If I'm going to have a Star Wars marathon, it's going to be without the countless commercial breaks.

I specifically remember one time ESB was on Spike and I felt like watching it, so I grabbed the DVD instead and watched that. :p

24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I just finished Return Of The Jedi, so here ends my First Marathon and what a way to ring in the new year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    That's a lazy marathon. Try going TPM, AOTC, the entire TCW, ROTS, as much Rebels as been released, ANH, ESB and ROTJ. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.