main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Marathon before the film?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Miras-Etrin, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I did a marathon on New Years' Eve 2012...I started at 2 in the afternoon and it took until about 5 in the morning (factoring in dinner and bathroom breaks). After that I swore I was never pulling an all-nighter again...I was so tired it was painful.

These days I don't have the energy to stay up so late anymore...heck, I was falling asleep during my 'death-star-blows-up-at-midnight-on-New-Years-Eve' viewing of ANH this year. That what comes of living in the same house with two young children. ;) I typically watch the movies in chronological order once or twice a year; usually around the end of the year or around Memorial Day.

That being said, I think I'll split a marathon into thirds; 1-2 on the 15th, 3-4 on the 16th, and 5-6 on the 17th.

2. Pasjo_Kynrid

Pasjo_Kynrid Jedi Master star 2

Jan 21, 2004
    I'm thinking about running a marathon for my girlfriend who isn't really a Star Wars fan at some point soon, but in an order I've never considered. I'm thinking 4, 1, 2, 5, 3, 6...4 starts off the series in the most logical order, 1 and 2 next really just shows who Luke's father is, 5 to open up the second half with a good movie and the big reveal, 3 to close up how Luke's father became Vader, and finally 6 to end with my favorite. Any thoughts on the order? Am I screwing something up that way? I know it's close to this so-called Machete order...

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Going to watch the PT sometime early in the month on a Saturday, then watch the Clone Wars/Rebels throughout the month until I get the 15th. Then it will be the OT for three nights in a row leading up to TFA premiere.

4. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, I'll watch one a day the week of release.

5. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I absolutely love that idea and may well have to try it next year! Thanks :)

6. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    If I can get away with it, I'll take one week off to be able to properly marathon before the release date. Definitely taking the 18th off in any scenario. I wonder when I should look for buying tickets before they are sold out, though...Hmm...

7. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Jesus christ...I wish I had the time..

With a wife, a mortgage, full time job and a 1 year old I barely have time to take a ****

I'll be lucky if I get to see this movie in the theatre...but I will give it 100%.

8. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    Story of my life

9. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Just watch all 6 in two days. Will probably due it again the weekend before the release

10. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't understand why people debate over whether to watch the series in chronological or release order. Just do what I do and constantly marathon over and over, so that you're essentially doing both. I think I'll celebrate Episode 7 by not marathoning the day before. Maybe.

11. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I wish I could marathon, but I am insanely against watching the films in a I-VI manner...so it doesn't really make sense to do so for me.

I'll probably just watch the OT trilogy just to let it flow into the new movies.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think my next Marathon will be the Clone Wars then I will watch what ever Rebels episodes are ON-DEMAND on my EXfinity cable and hope that they are all available on Netflix soon. Then I will get back to a Star Wars movie Marathon in the order the movies came out, to try something different !!!!

13. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I just started the Clone Wars series for the first time a week ago.

14. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    FIFY.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, I plan to plot out a 26 mile course from my house to the theater, and run it the day the movie comes out.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The theater I saw ROTS at is just shy of 26 miles from my house. 22/23 miles away.

EHT likes this.
  17. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

Isn't this great honey! First Star Wars film in decade! great seats, wonderful theater! (EHT sits down next to us)................

[​IMG]

Fruit Pastilles, jaqen and EHT like this.
  18. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    And if you don't plan on marathoning before the film, make sure you at least go to the bathroom beforehand. You don't want to lose the revelation that Bob is Luke's uncle over a quick pee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

20. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    His other uncle you mean? :D

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  21. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

I honestly mean nothing personal by this... but, if you don't have the time to see a movie, how do you have the time to spend on an internet message board discussing it a year before it even comes out? Not being a smart ass - but, I was just wondering. [face_dunno]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Seconded. I mean Christmas time can be hectic at times but really? Can't take a couple hours off to see a movie? A saturday evening? Sunday afternoon?

23. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Darth_Articulate at first, I didn`t react to that at all, before realizing that Luke`s uncle was Ben, before realizing that Ben is Obi-Wan and that the uncle is Owen, before realizing that Luke technically doesn`t have an uncle. Damn, I need coffeine! :oops:

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  24. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Yep.

We're doing it with a bunch of SW friends and a SW virgin. I'm starting Episode I in late February and running an episode every other month until TFA.

25. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    They exist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.