main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Marathon of ep 1 & 2 and clone wars micro series??

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by starfire-phoenix, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Soooo, I guess we should have some kind of catch up before the big day, shouldn't we? That way we can watch episode 1 & 2 and the clone wars micro series. Before we know it, May will be here and we'll be freaking out... unless that's just me... lol

Where and when could we do it? Maybe the weekend before? My weekends are booking up fast. There are birthdays and weddings and all sorts coming up.

Do we want to do something at all? I'd love to watch them all with a group :D

2. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    I'm easy.
    Who's place ?

3. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    I'm dropping everything to be there for this!

4. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    I've got em + heaps of other stuff on DVD as well. Just let me know where & when to bring em.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Maybe a hall or something like that would be better. Somewhere with space? The Star Trek (bites tounge) club have a screen and such where they meet at the Museum. I wonder if they'd be interested for one night of movies?

6. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    There's also SFSA (formerly SADWFC), they use Adelaide High, but might also be up for hiring a hall and borrowing a projector. They've done it before, and they are a nice bunch of people :D

7. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Thou talketh treason woman...
    put down the phoneth !
    To tryst with trekkers..... NEVER shall we of the pure faith soil our good nature with the foul unholiness of the "trek" bile.
    Begone !

8. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    who's sfsa or sadwfc ?

9. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    from their website:
    http://www.sfsa.org.au/

SFSA is a Doctor Who & General Science Fiction Club, where like-minded fans can gather, and generally make a nuisance of themselves. We are a friendly social club with regular meetings and group outings, and also actively encourage and develop the creative side of our members with several ongoing publications.

=========

I'm not a member, but quite a few of my friends have been involved with them for a while now. They sometimes show some really awesome stuff. I used to go years ago when they got Babylon 5 episodes before they were on tv here. They also show a lot of general sci fi stuff too :D

They use to be the South Australian Dr Who Fan Club (sadwfc), but recently changed their name.

10. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Do you know or remember Rosie Peck ?
    Ever heard of Parsec ?

11. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    I haven't seen Rosie in a long time, but yes, I know of her. I met her through some friends of mine, when I was asked along to be atmosphere for the Adelaide Bank annual dinner or something like that (back in 1999 or something). It had a sci-fi theme, so there was a bunch of us in various costumes. I remember meeting some SW people there too.

Have heard of parsec before as well.

This is Adelaide after all, and it is TINY remember. My ex used to work with someone who has the largest SW collection I have ever seen in my life! I'm sure that at least one of you would know him... How could you not!?

12. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    You havent seen my collection then......
    What's this persons name then? I probably do know them or have heard of them.

13. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I'll offer my place for this. Relatively central, decent sound system and work won't miss their projector for the weekend. Not that I'll tell them.

But, now that I'm back from a week away, I *will* be putting some serious thought and action into a pre Episode III meetup/meeting/miniconvention/whateveryouwanttocallit.

Watch this space.

14. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    evil, it's Brett H

Hey oz, that sounds cooool.

15. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    U available for a city catch up next weekend to workout what we want to do with this stuff?
    Anyone else want to attend a coffee/lunch thingy in town ?

16. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    I think I know Brett.. A tall blonde thinnish bloke, early thirtyish. Right?
    Thought he only collected toys ?

17. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Sure, I'm up for it :D

Brett, yep, sounds like him. Yeah, I think it's mostly toys, but it's a freaking lot of them!

My collection is a few books, an original empire strikes back towel, the dvd's and some toys... and that's it. It fits in just a couple of boxes... lol

18. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm up for lunch/coffee/tea/beer next week for a chat. Work Saturday (erk!) in town until 11 or 12 but will be free after that.

19. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Woops, just realised in my late night haze that evil directed that question at you oz. Well if there is anything I can help with, just yell out! lol

20. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    is Brett only 30ish?? I thought he was heaps older than that!!! He looks closer to my age.

how did the camp go, Oz-Skipp?? Have fun? :)

I'm up for this, depending on when, how, where, etc. It'd be cool to see them all again. We used to try to watch the movies at Parsec, but couldn't hear much 'cos of all the background chatter.....hopefully that won't be a problem this time..... :)

21. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    I think the question was directed at all who want to get 'involved' SP, so the more the merrier I reckon. I know that there a quite a few people around here with the talent and desire to make this sort of thing happen :)

Camp was fun - surfing, windsurfing, kayaking, sailing etc. My muscles hurt. A lot. Pushed the kids further than most of them have been pushed before. Lots of tears, but definitely character building.

22. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    poor little children having their 'characters built'. :p I can't wait to be a teacher!! sounds cool!! :D

you guys go ahead and organise - just let us know where, when, blah, blah.....you know the drill. :D

23. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    I aint asking the same question on 2 threads. See the other one for more info !
    Anyways, the more people taking on various roles, the better.

24. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    there's another thread? :p

25. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    Hi all

Yeah i will be up for coffee/lunch or a beer or two, Just say when and where and i will be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.