main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Marathon Tickets (Galactic Passport)

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by TheDarthVader, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Wow, Jazz got more? thats incredible

2. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    I've just been in the right places at the right times! I'm just glad I'm able to help out but my credit card is taking a hammering this month, hehe.

If I could get more I would but the bank manager will be chasing me as it is. If you need tickets and you can get down to the Empire then do it before it's too late!!

3. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Wow, this is exciting news! Thanks for your pm's Chris and Jazzatola. I can't make it to the Empire myself, but if someone can get me one ticket I'll be eternally grateful.

4. son-of-vader

son-of-vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Argh!! Can't get down to the Empire as i'm at work. If anyone could pick me up two i can pay them back via PayPal tonight. Cheers.

5. Jazzatola

Nov 16, 2001
    Ok, I have contacted people about the four extra tickets I got. If you haven't received a PM from me then I'm sorry I couldn't help you this time around. As I've said before, it's heartbreaking that any true fan has to miss this.

Come on you other London people - get down there and pick up some tickets! Help your fellow fans!!

Oh and one other thing: that line about a group booking being cancelled is definitely claptrap as the guy at the box office offered me a choice of seats spread right across the auditorium, not one big block...

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Its disgraceful that they won't admit they're selling tickets
    Don't they want money?

7. son-of-vader

son-of-vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    I just talked to someone by telephone at the Empire box office and they said that the 40 tickets have gone. Can anyone confirm this?

8. notspock

notspock Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2005
    I can't confirm that there are none left, but I just bought six, and that that point I was told there was ten left, this was 2 hours ago... I May be in the area later so I could check back in..

At the moment these are all for friends. depending on how reliable my friends are.. there may be one or two remaining.. at which point I'll figure out how to help other people here since this is where I got the tip from.. ( i was in leicester square buying tickets from the odeon when I got home, I read this thread and had to rush out again.. with a different switch card... fun fun fun !)

angsty panic bit below...

I really hope my friends are reliable... right now I have 16 tickets and me and 12 friends for the midnight showing at odeon...
    6 tickets and me and one friend for the charity showing (HELP!!!)
    6 tickets and 4 confirmed friends.. for the saga on may 16th..

10 tickets from vue cinemas which I hopefully have had refunded so I could go to the odeon...

all in all this movie has taken about £900 of my money so far...

I think I have gone a little insane...

9. Fal_Zon

Fal_Zon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    As of 7:20pm GMT only one ticket was left.
    My brother got the the the penultimate two.

Incidently. my brother won't know until 2mrw morning whther he can get Monday off work, ("is he mad", I hear you quip) so I may be PM-ing one lucky FFUKer with an offer of a spare.

notspock: hope you can get a partial-refund. Come the the 19th you will probably have seen ROTS three times already.

10. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    my exams are over and Now the path to monday is clear without obsticles!

11. Jazzatola

Nov 16, 2001
    If the tickets sold out that quickly I guess we must have a lot of lurkers here.

Hello Lurkers!! [face_peace]

Hopefully, if any of you have any spares you'll be able to offer them to some of the fine people here at TFn. You know it makes sense.

12. Corellianrogue

Corellianrogue Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    This really sucks! I've just read on here about more tickets going on sale at the Empire and now I'm really mad at them. They messed up my booking originally so I couldn't get any, then as soon as I saw them going on sale at eBay for ridiculous amounts of money I called them and informed them about it, reported the auctions to them that had ticket numbers showing/advertised and also complained about their system messing up then I asked if there was any chance they had even 1 ticket left or would ever have anymore available. They said they didn't have a single ticket left, that the only chance would be the odd cancellation and that they couldn't reserve any for me despite my good deeds with the eBay reporting. Anyway, I got so desperate that last week I payed ridiculous amounts of money on eBay for 3 tickets.If I wasn't smarter I would have payed even more because on one auction I won that advertised PayPal the guy said that his PayPal wasn't working or something and would only accept Western Union money transfer. I asked for his details and he gave me fake ones! (Well definately a fake address if not name.) Then it turned out only I could go so had bought 2 tickets for nothing and now UCI have been selling loads of extra tickets! Think it can't get any worse? Well it looks like the guy who won the 2 spare tickets I put up at eBay is a fake bidder!!! AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! Sorry, just had to get all that off my chest. So it looks like my 2 spare tickets are still available if anybody is still interested? They're good ones I think (in what the Empire said was the balcony when I asked them but apparently it's actually a terrace or something) and seated together.

13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Corellianrogue sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I can confirm though that these aren't left overs or anything. After the event sold out and 50 went to the UCI competition the rest of the seats went to Fox for PR tickets (competitions, media, etc) and I think these are just some tickets that Fox didn't use and gave back to the cinema. Hence it being so close to the day before they could actually go on sale.

The lurkers issue was part of the reason this was handled by PM initially. UCI wanted (or at least the person I've been in contact with) to make sure the fans had the best chance of getting these, that's why they just went on sale with no fanfare and the news was put here rather than anywhere else.

Btw notspock, how did you manage six tickets? Did you have to go twice or did they not enforce the 4 ticket rule?

I'm just glad a few more of us managed to get tickets for this event!

14. Number11MosEisley

Number11MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Hi everyone,
    I still have two tickets as parm didn't want them (after i kept them for him for a week; grrrrrrrrrr) so if you are still in need then pm me and i'll send you my email address. The guys who pm'd me before get preference.
    Cheers

15. Astrantia

Astrantia Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Number11MosEisley, I'm sorry Parm did that, but if you had the choice of 2 tickets for £100 or 2 tickers for £400, what would you do? It wasn't his intention to cause you any problems. Very sorry, but I'm very sure you'll sell your tickets with no problems.

16. Konmeister

Konmeister Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    I also may have a couple spare. pm me if interested
    Is the list of people who wanted tickets still around somewhere?

EDIT: Definitely have one spare, not sure about the other one.

17. Number11MosEisley

Number11MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    The grrrrrrrrr was a bit tongue in cheek in all fairness, I would have done the same thing as parm in his position.

18. Jazzatola

Nov 16, 2001
    I'm still waiting for one person to get back to me so may still end up with one spare too.

19. notspock

notspock Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2005
    I had no idea about a four ticket rule.. your post is the first I heard of it. I went in, bought four tickets..
    called a lot of my friends to see who could come, and then went back in for more, none of the staff said anything.

I am pretty sure they'd have sold me what was left had I asked...no one raised any flags or said.. "hey notspock you can't do that"...

Truth be told, I wish I had the phone numbers of all you people so i could have sorted you out, If any of my friends flake out, this is the first place I'll come.

There were people just wandering off the streets to buy them since they put up a poster (small green piece of paper) on the door.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, if other people want to sit through all 6 SW movies they're welcome to.

Just as long as they don't say "Whose that?" and "Why did that person do that?"
    Or generally speak in any way :p

21. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    i'm sure any normals which sneak in will be far too scared of all of us in our 'crazy' costumes etc to risk talking. they'll face a plastic sabering if they try

"Ooooh so he's his father! well i never!"

*a clunk is heard a some saber-hilt whips the fool*

22. Astrantia

Astrantia Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Some how I don't think many people going to the Marathon are going to be newbies like that ^_~

23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    "I had no idea about a four ticket rule.. your post is the first I heard of it. I went in, bought four tickets..
    called a lot of my friends to see who could come, and then went back in for more, none of the staff said anything."

That explains it. The four ticket rule is per transaction, not overall.

And if someone does start saying annoying things in ROTS I think they won't make it from the cinema alive! ;)

24. Parm

Parm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    If at some point some crazy 6'3" guy jumps out his seat and starts shouting "Get him Yoda get him! Use the force!"

Please don't hurt him, he's no newbie, he's me! ^_^

25. Ulic QelDroma

Ulic QelDroma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 1999
    Dark Forces have conspired against me!

After missing out on a chance of getting my hands on a ticket to the marathon first time round, because of problems with the internet and phone line bookings, and losing out to the UCI online draw for tickets, I read here that there may still be some available due to credit card cancellations!

So last night, still not knowing if the rumours were true, I raced out and hot-footed it down to Leicester Square to see. Arriving at the Empire, there were sold out signs all over the place. Thinking I was mad, and not knowing what I was going to say, but still undeterred, I walked up to the box office, ?

?Hi! Er ? You?re probably going to think I?m crazy, what with all the sold out signs all over the place, but I heard a rumour that there may still be a few tickets available for the Star Wars Saga, because of credit card cancellations??
    ?Yes sir,? the woman said, ?but I?ve just sold the last one five minutes before you arrived.?
    ?What! Five minutes! Oh no! Is there any chance there may be more cancellations? Maybe tomorrow??
    ?We only accept cancellations up to three working days before the event.?
    ?So you?re telling me there?s nothing? None left? Not even one? All I want is one ticket anywhere in the auditorium?
    ?You and the rest of the nation,? I was told!

How can the same thing happen to the same guy twice! I headed home, all the time thinking, if that first tube had been via Leicester Square not Bank I?d have made it! And how I?ve just wasted £5.20 on a travel card!

Still, come the morning of Monday 16th I?ll be there at 6:30 looking for a ticket at a reasonable price!

I?m gonna sound like everyone else now but ? PLEASE if anyone has a ticket spare for a genuine fan let me know! Or bring it with you on the day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.