main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Marathon viewing

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    ill be there with plastic cups(i need to know how much to bring),soda(24 pack of pepsi), two lawn chairs, package of brats(stadium secruit sauce and buns), and maybe my brother -in -law. i will be leaving after we are done(no sleep overs here).

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.... ALWAYS
    jedi kiss rock

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Red, I'll bring my Count Dookie lightsaber if it'll make you feel better. ;)

I'm still trying to convince Auraveda that we should drive through the East Side with her blaster and newly constructed Stormtooper helmet and do some drive-by's. [face_devil]

3. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I will be there with name tags and (hopefully) my new car! CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

4. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    We have one large grill and a couple of small grills, but Mauler, another might not be a bad idea, so if you could bring one, that would be great! Thanks!! So far I believe we have about 30 people including myself, and (not included in that count)w/a few munchkins that will be running around as well.(Mine in that few which make up probably half of the few!!)

5. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Ugh. I have cases of Soda up the wazoo. I'll try and wheedle some out of my dad and brother (How many cases do we need in one fridge anyway? Even if it is the fridge next to the computer..)

Oh, and Red- if mine wasn't in pieces, I'd wear it. As it is...maybe I'll bring my lightsaber. If I remember.

6. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Finally@!!.. I'm out of limbo.. I will be attending the big party!.. whoooooooooooaa!!.. -or- yyyyeeeahhhhhhhhhh!.. whatever?..

7. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    I wish I could join everyone for the marathon, but I won't be able to get off from work. They are really picky about letting us off on Saturdays, and I just took last Saturday off to go to the Digital showing. I really wanted to meet and get to know members of the Milwookie Council (I was unable to really talk to anyone at the show since we were late (stupid construction), and were unable to attend the BBQ afterwards.

That being said, I hope you all have a blast.

8. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I'll be bringing my wife and chocolate (M&Ms for example) and bowls to serve them in.

I don't plan on spending the night, so we probably won't stay for the bon fire.

So for the count, that's 2 people coming from my home. :)

9. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Tello, if you start work later in the afternoon you can come in the morning, if you get off work even at 5 or 6, you are still welcome. It is an all day thing, so if there is some time you can come please do!! I'm sure we can save ya some leftovers! :) Hope you can still join us somehow!!

10. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Thanks Jedisister, but herein lies the trouble: On Saturdays, I work from 10:00 A.M until about 11:00 P.M. (What a drag, huh?)

Thanks anyways.. I'll have to come to the next get-together, whatever that may be.

11. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Thanks, Jedisister, for the head count. I was trying to figure out about how many are expected so I know how much taco dip and chips and cocktail weiners to bring. So we're holding fast at about 30 then?

12. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Yea, well, actually including my husband and kids and Mauler's we're up to about 35. Kinda forgot about the rugrats and the ol' boyo.(he'd kill me if he knew I called him that here!! :) )

13. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    my dad will be coming but not in costume so he'll be outta place.. oh well. maybe if the neighbors don't mind we could duel... i mean if anybody wanted to. this is gonna be great!!! i'm making a new tunic just for this!! (in other words i have to much free time on my hands)

14. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
  15. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I do a dead-on impression of Riff Raff.

"Madness... takes controll..."

16. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Bob and I are old Rocky attendees, and I always thought that would be cool for Star Wars, too, but there's just one problem:

The rights to show the films are so expensive (versus the less-than $1000 annually for the "Rocky" film), you could never really afford it, no matter how packed the house was or how many times you showed it. (Ask Bob--he knows more about the intricacies of that than I do).

But it would be fun, wouldn't it? (Of course, any chance to play Leia for an audience was always tantalizing prospect for me...) :p

17. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Unless of course you do it in-house with a projection tv and dvd/vhs...

Hmmmm... :p

edit: Darn it! The icon didn't work! Got it now! :)

18. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Ok, so is everyone signed up that's coming?
    Hope so!! Looks like we'll have a good group of people coming, Thanks to all who are coming and to those that are bringing something to pass as we induldge ourselves in Food, Fun, and Star Wars!!!

I think that if it will end up being as hot as Tatoonine like has been on Sat., we'll be watching the movies inside, with a moderate degree of central air breezing through the house. We can possibly eat outside to get a little sun and air into our lungs and then hole up again for the movie onslaught!!

If anyone wants to bring more soda, that would be good. I have a couple of cases and a couple of volunteers to bring some, but considering this is an all day event...I just don't want anyone to get thirsty!!

Well, see you all Sat.

19. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I'll bring the wheat grass & algae juice!

j/k :p

20. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Did someone say grass?

21. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Hey, this is a family forum. No treats unless you brought enough for everybody. :p

22. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Tsk tsk, both of you! ;)

I'll bring as much soda as I can, Tracy.

And now, thanks to all of you, I have visions of Luke in fishnets and glitter running through my head. My boss thinks I'm insane because I keep laughing.

23. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Didn't he do that in Corvette Summer?

Dwayne

24. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    ok, this may be a bit late, but I posted something on the Madison board about this Saturday.

I guess I didn't post something sooner, because I just expected that those who posted and read that board stopped by here too.

Anyway, the head count probably won't change much, if it does.

25. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I am still hoping to make it but won't know until Friday. If I can make it, is it okay if I just show up? I will bring something...not sure what as I have to go through the posts and see what others are bringing.

I read some of the last posts and it looks like people are coming in costume??? I don't have anything yet so shorts and a t-shirt will have to do. I do have Rebel Fleet Trooper helmets but only part of the rest of the uniform...it's a work in progress.

I think you sent me directions earlier but can you PM them again just in case I can come?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.