main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Marathon viewing

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    But I'm really tempted to bring a gallon of blue milk... :p

As for costumes, I'm not wearing one, but I'm bringing mine to work on while I mingle--basically I'll be embroidering while I gab!

But hey, I need all the time I've got! :)

2. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I am coming Saturday!!! The decision has been made!

Jedisister, I will PM you about what to bring.

Yahoo!

3. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    :D

[edit]: Oops--forgot to write why I edited it--because I can't seem to remember how to do faces anymore!

4. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    FYI - - - Head count is now up to about 35-40. It might get a little tight, but I'll make as much room as possible!! Hope some of you won't mind sitting on the floor to watch the movies and as far as costumes, if you really want to wear one that's fine, but it'll probably be hot and even though we do have C/A, w/this many people, it will still be warm. Also, I thought I mentioned this but in case I haven't(I know I asked a few people, but...)we have four cats, that will probably disappear while everyone is here, but just in case you are allergic and have any meds, please, for your own comfort, bring it!! We also have rabbits(outside)if anyone wants a new pet, feel free to take one home!! They can be house broken!!
    Anyone else planning on coming who hasn't posted yet? Please PM, post or email me ASAP!!

5. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I shall bring blue milk, if y'all want. I already have the name tags and the excitement. :D

6. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I may have a guest coming later in the afternoon. My sister wanted to come, but she has to work until 1:30, so she may be showing up sometime after that.

Catie

7. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Tracey: Since we're caravanning from Milwaukee it'd be great if we knew when you're planning to hold the business meeting/time-wise. Is 11:15 a.m. concrete as for a time?

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

8. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Speaking of caravanning....how is the parking situation?

9. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    I mentioned in an earlier post that we will probably first watch one movie while food is being made, then eat and have the meeting after/during eating. So, if we start the first movie at 11:30, we'll probably have the meeting around 1:30-2:00.

As far as parking, there is room. The first to fillup the drive can do that and after the driveway is full, parking can be on the grass at the end of the driveway to the right, next to the pine trees. If more room is needed, I can have you park behind the trees w/access out to 60 through a "fake" entrance. No worries, we drive back there all the time and have cars parked there fairly often.

Does anyone else need directions and if so, from which direction? If you do, post here or PM me. Also, refer to the website for specifics to the house. After a certain point(freeways both east and west(41/45)its the same no matter which way you come).

10. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    O.k., so we're looking to arrive a bit later possibly if the vote's in the afternoon rather than morning (I wasn't on this thread to know you had posted that info prior, thanks for reposting--I'll have to talk it over with the group.)

Zepo recently asked if I had your address. Can you please post it again Tracey--thanks

11. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
  12. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Thanks BYOB!! Hey Folks, remember we have a great website that has a lot of info on it(address, directions ;) ) etc. There are a couple changes that aren't mentioned, but that's what the threads are also for. :)

Skywalker, will there be more coming w/you than just Red05?(you mentioned group, that's why I ask) If so, please let me know ASAP. and will you becoming to eat since the time is set later than originally planned? Just need to know so that I have an accurate head count so that there will be enough food for everyone.

I am asking for a small donation for this event to cover some costs, although, its great to see that so many are willing to bring a contribution which really helps!!
    Ok, so as of tonight we have at least 2 more people coming bringing the head count up to about 40. Anyone else coming? let me know by tomorrow, Fri. absolute lastest. Thank you!!

13. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Change of plans...

Unfortunately, we're both not going to be able to make it on Saturday. We've contracted some sort of alien mutant virus that we've named the plague. I (she-wampa) have been sick since Saturday and show little sign of getting better. Dwayne contracted the beast two days ago and there is no way he's going to be able to make it. And quite frankly, none of you want this thing it's horrible fever, exhaustion along with a newly aquired gift of generating a neverending supply of mucus. Probably more than anyone wants to know.

We hope all of you have a good time and take pictures so we can see what happened!

Dwayne and Marcy :(

14. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Awww... :( Get better soon, Wampas.

15. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Dwayne & Marcy: Get into the Bacta tank and get well soon.

Tracey: we're caravanning with others pre-signed up. No worries.

16. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    That really sucks Wampas.

I had even put a smartass comment about Dwayne on the VCD....

I guess I will have to remove it now.

17. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Aww... But I want to see the smartass comment! :(

18. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your your ailments--I was looking forward to meeting you guys! Will do so later, undoubtedly. If 2-1b can be spared, we'll send him and FX-7 over to tend to you. Feel better soon!

19. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Crapulous. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling puny. Maybe you should send in your absentee ballots...if we're still voting for stuff. Hope you feel better soon.

20. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Go ahead and keep the smartass comment in, I don't mind. Thanks for all the well wishing. The really bad thing is I'm sick right in time for the end of the month, which is the worst time for my company, so they let me leave early tonight so that I could be there tomorrow (hopefully not late, because if so, I'll start coughing on people... though that would only make my life worse when they're all out at the same time...) Hope you all have fun, sorry that we can't be there.

Dwayne

21. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    hey,
    Maybe it would be good to bring the milwookie t-shirts. Some of us have requested one, myself included.

thx
    chris

22. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm not sure if there was a question about the t-shirts - I've been offline for awhile due to computer malfunctions. I will be bringing all requested t-shirts on Saturday, along with an update of our "financial status". If anyone else wants to order a t-shirt, I can put another order in after the get together.

23. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Sorry to hear you are both sick. Get well soon. Anyone want to bring buns? Let me know otherwise I'll pick a bunch up, if not that's OK, but if someone want s to bring them, please tell me so we're not drowning in the bakery of buns!! Thank you!!

24. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    Get well soon, Wampas! We'll all send Force-healing waves your way! :)

25. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Yes, get well, Wampas...I'm sorry I don't get the chance to meet you this weekend. May the Force speed your recovery! (And thank you for not sharing...I'm extremely grateful for that ;) ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.