main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Marathon viewing

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Bummer, Wampas. You will be missed. You can always watch the movies at home and feel the spirit of the group. GET BETTER SOON!!!

2. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Well, I just got home from shopping. I'm bringing two 24 packs of soda...one of Pepsi and one of Mountain Dew (...it's my one vice, honest)

We're counting on starting by 11:15, right? So people should start showing up about 11?

3. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Yes, 11 - 11:30 is good.

4. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    hey gang,
    It was nice meeting all of you at the party. I really enjoyed talking to red,twisty, tracey and all of you about books, movies ect. It was my first time at this but it will not be my last. Loads of fun.

red, We (the gang) should totally get the rpg and outfit partys going , sounds like lots of fun.

Thanks again tracy and hubby for letting us kick back at your place. :)

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU..... ALWAYS

Jedi Kiss Rock
    (padawan)

5. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I have to second Jedi_Kiss_Rock's words.

It was my first time too, and we had a great time. Talking to some of you was loads of fun. Can't wait till next time.

The food was excellent. My compliments to all the chefs. :D

A special thanks to Jedisister and her hubby for hosting this and putting up with all of us. I hope we didn't trash your house too bad. You made us feel very welsome and at home.

The meeting part seemed to go pretty well, considering the number of topics that came up. Tracey and Eric did a good job at running it.

Thanks again and I'm sure to see you all again. The sooner the better. :)

6. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Thanks to Tracey and Jason for hosting the shin-dig and making us all feel welcome. Thanks also to Jason (B-wing) for being the grill-master...nicely done.

With Eric and Tracey running the show, I'm sure things will run smoothly, and am looking forward to whats ahead of us.

I'll see you all at the next one or one of the "committee" meetings.

7. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Let me add my thanks also. It was a great time and a good thing as we got some serious business done. I just wish I hadn't had to bail during the middle of Empire (it was a good thing, tho...I was wheezy by the time I got home and very stuffy). I would for sure come back to your place again, tho, Tracy. I just know now I can't stay so long no matter how many meds I'm taking. :)

I had just as much fun at this meeting as I did when I went with a bunch of y'all to Illinois for the digital show. Thanks for being such a great group of people, people! I'm looking forward to some committee meetings, and Beret, when you are done with your current costume project, we must seriously discuss the Jedi cape.

8. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Hello,
    This is Catie's sister, Cally. I'd just like to thank Tracey and her husband for hosting the get together. I'm very glad I came... had a wonderful time. I met some ... shall I say... interesting; however, VERY funny people. People I wouldnt mind chillin with. :) Thank you all for making me feel welcome, and I hope to see you soon.

9. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    mmm...now that I'm quasi-conscious, here come my thanks and such.

Tracey, thanks to you and your husband for hosting. (And yes, if you don't mind driving down to Milwaukee to pick me up, I'll gladly babysit the little ones!)

(Sidenote to Red...thank you for everything. You're a darling)

Congrats to Eric on being made president. And thank you for no hick jokes. 8-}

Thank you, Tom, for the ride home.

And I've run out of energy for the moment. Back to the coffee now...

10. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    I would like to just say thank you to all who were able to come and many thanks to all the contributors to the food and beverages!! Thanks to bwing for manning the grills, the brat I had was great!! I was only able to grab a few bites here and there, but the things I tried were great. Que, Thank you very much for your help w/the "morning dilemma", your assistantance in the situation was very much appreciated!! I'm glad to hear everyone had a great time and I'm also glad that the meeting was productive!! Congrats to Eric on Presidency or Supreme Chancellory or head Honcho or whatever we decide to call ya!! I had a great time having everyone over and look forward to seeing you all again. :)

11. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    What a party! Thanks Tracey and Jason for hosting. YOU GUYS ROCK! I'm glad that I finally got to attend a meeting. It was more fun that I could have hoped for. Sorry that I didn't get to talk with everybody, but I'll fix that next time! Thanks to everybody for making that party such a blast.

12. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Just wanted to add our thanks to Tracey for hosting such a wonderful bash! Bob and I had a great time, and we really enjoyed the conversation and camaraderie! :)

13. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks for hosting Tracey!

It was a great time - especially considering the "panic" call I got Saturday morning...

14. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    What panic call was that?

15. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Thanks again Tracey for everything. It was great. Sorry, I had to leave in a hurry. I could only avoid motherhood for so long. Enjoy the cookies. I forgot i had brought those too. I just didn't want the dip. Next time, I will stick to my no kids vow if only to avoid further discusions of the bunny issue.

16. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    The party was great - thanks so much to Tracy and Jacen for hosting! It was wonderful meeting all the new people and rekindling with the old. Sorry I couldn't stay for the bonfire - sounded like alot of fun, especially the N Sync burning!

17. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    The *N Sync burning was a little more perilous than anyone has mentioned. Whispy embers of Justin and crew attacked us in a desperate frenzy to wreak some revenge before finally perishing. Not to worry though, we all made it out unscathed (I think).

Loads of thanks to Tracey and Jason and everyone involved. It was a wunnerful time. Next time I'll have to make sure I help out more. A guilt reflex my mother instilled in me. Nevertheless, the meeting, food, and conversation was all great. And the second degree "tan" I got from the bonfire makes me look almost as if I go outdoors every day! Hooray!

My lightsabers haven't seen that much action since I picked them up in '97. It was great! We have to take up Captain Mereel's offer of "saber" classes.

Thanks again to everyone who was there. It was great meeting all of the newcomers and seeing all the veterans. And an extra special thanks for showing my sister that Star Wars geeks can be fun.

Catie

18. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Had an absolutely great time and it was just too bad Bruce was the half who had to fulfill our prior commitment (he would have loved to talk with Eric's friend Kris about the Marines, the Gulf War and being a stormtrooper). Wish I could have stayed for the bonfire etc but my diabetic cat needed his insulin.

Again, Bruce is a fencing instructor and I his assistant. We would be more than happy to teach people European two-handed sword to use as a foundation to developing your own style of lightsaber (we are teaching one of the classes at Eric's Filmcon in November). We fence every Thursday (except holidays) at the Public Access facilities/studios of MATA on about 23rd & Clybourn in Milwaukee from 5-7PM. If there is enough interest, we could perhaps add another night or devote one night a month to just lightsaber. The fee we charge is usually $5/person just to cover the cost of renting the area from MATA.

19. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Actually, the NSync brats did get some revenge. I didn't realize it at the time, but I actually had a piece of a card burned onto my forearm. Joey, I think... I realized it on my way home. Good thing I don't have much feeling in my right arm or I think it would have hurt. :p

20. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Joey's revenge. . .I'm sure a medical droid could fit you with a prosthetic arm--but would it have feeling, or not? Hmm. . .

Tracey, thanks so much for hosting. It was a big job, but you shouldered it admirably. I had a great time. Thank Jason for me again--has he recovered yet? ;) I think we've got something good going on here, guys! It's great to finally be able to put faces to names, and to share so much with each other (not to mention all those who aren't necessarily on our board here) . Looking forward to the next time. Also, congrats to jedihexer on the presidency (if we do indeed have a vice-pres, then congrats to jedisister as well, on being said vice president).

21. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Again, It was my pleasure to have everyone over. I'm glad it was a success and everyone enjoyed themselves. Yea, bwing, he's recovered, I apologize for his, hmmm...crudeness. He can get a little carried away when he's had a few too many. [face_blush]

I'm just glad to hear everyone had fun and there were no serious injuries when N*SYNC struck back!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.