main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA March 14 Sac Con

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Hand-Schaub, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hand-Schaub

Hand-Schaub Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    So you guys coming by on the 14th of March to the Sac Con? Small and informal but still fun. Have your picture taken with a REAL man in armor versus all you wussy Jedi type.

"I keed...I keed"!!!! ;)

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Dude, you are so gonna get your plastic armour a$$ kicked that day. ;)

3. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Jedi drool Sith Rule.

Is this at the Scotish Rite Temple?

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    "with a REAL man in armor" Is that a threat or an invitation, Brian? ;) hee hee hee

Actually I just finished my new and improved Jedi garb today. Including a pair of calf-length brown boots with an inch of heel (5'2" baby!!!) God I love thrift stores when they have exactly what I want.

So absolutely I will be there. In the words of Luke Skywalker, "Wouldn't miss it."

Edit: yes it is as the Scottish Rite temple again. Don't forget to print out a "save $1" coupon at www.sacramentocomics.com

5. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    OOOO A real man... can't wait!! :D

pssst... does someone have the address so I can print out directions

6. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i may be a small jedi along with bridget but together we whoop some booty!!!

OOOHHH YYYEEAA

go jedi

7. Hand-Schaub

Hand-Schaub Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    Man... I need to learn not to visit these boards after having a bottle of wine!

8. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    No, I think you need to visit these boards much more often. Especially after the wine. Makes it all so much more entertaining. ;)

*mental note: bring wine to this event* (kidding!)

Shasa, I think you can find the address on the Sacramento comics website. I'd be up to carpooling if people want. Parking is free!

Edit: details posted on calendar thread

9. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Tell you what it's a pretty dinky Con but I found some great deals on some stuff.

Sadly the last time I went I had spent nearly 20 hours straight helping get my sister moved, I smelled as bad as I looked, I was ready to fall down and sleep.

So I didn't take a moment to talk to the 501st and more importantly Chanel who I'd been teasing that very week (online) about saying "Say hi I'm the female Tie fighter pilot" Which I thought would have been funny for me to say.

An important lesson I think, you'll never know what you'll regret later no matter how small it might seem at the moment.

also

No matter how bad you stink you should never let that stop you from hugging your local storm troopers.

10. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Which is why I make it a point to pick on you guys every so often to remind you how much you all mean to me. :)

Dead, the 501st and Rebel Legion would like me to remind you to shower before this event. ;)

11. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    does that go for all rebel legion members????

12. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    "Dead, the 501st and Rebel Legion would like me to remind you to shower before this event"

well I'll be cleaning up at the zoo's elephant paddock all morning I wont have time.

sorry love my stink as I am suckers!!

13. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    No Deadpool? But I believe this will be the first SVRF meeting I will be healthy enough to be at! You gotta come you elephant pen cleaning fool!

14. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm so excited! This may well be the largest gathering this Fan Force has ever seen, provided all goes as planned. I'm glad you will be able to make it KR!

15. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Well, let's see. Today I got my last birthday present. A GC to Barnes & Noble. A guy I've been fighting with at the Senate Floor finally got banned, and the Kings beat the Lakers in Staples tonight. Yeah, I'd say this has been a good day.

16. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    *New guy stumbles in, looks sheepish*

Um... hi ^^; Was there a particular place the SVRF was meeting at Scottish Rite or should I just for the guys in Storm Trooper Armor?

Thanks

TJ

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Hi new guy! Welcome! Just look for the shortest Jedi. That'll be me (since AJ sprouted like a weed). Or just ask the nice stormtroopers..they know most of us. :D

18. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    That's definitely useful information for me as well, since I have no clue what any of you look like. At least all of you know I'm the scrawny looking guy with tubes hanging off my belt ;)

19. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    KR click on the SVRF web site and then the members page and you can see what we look like. www.svrf.swanb.net

20. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    thanks for the headsup.

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *jogs over from the SFFF boards* It looks like we will be going to dinner after the convention. A suggestion has been made by Brian for Fresh Choice. It's close and they don't charge a huge tip for large groups! :D Any other ideas?

22. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i can't wait for this convention

23. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    I hope I can handle staying for the dinner, but it sounds like it will be a long day for me. We'll see how I handle it.

So, I'm wondering, what do I have to do to get my bio on the SVRF website?

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Kiss up to Devin. :p Or just show up to a meeting so we get to know you and give him a decent pic and a bio like the one's we have up there.

25. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Just an FYI. I do indeed plan on attending, and just so all of you know, this is what I look like

I'm the George Lucas look-alike in the photo. I'll be wearing one of my ILM or Skywalker ranch shirts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.