main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA March 14 Sac Con

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Hand-Schaub, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    That place looks strangely familiar. Didn't we have a meeting there once? ;)

Can't wait for Sunday, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you KR. You all should be able to find me, the shortest Jedi (and one of the very few females). I'm planning on getting there right about the time the doors open at 10.

2. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Have fun, guys. I'll be working.

I went to SacCon probably ten years ago; had a couple comics signed by Ron Lim (who had been pencilling Silver Surfer and Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade). That was pretty cool.

3. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    My pal doug got his john hancock that day as well.

Finally a face to face meeting with Kessel. It will be a day long remmebered, when undercover B mets a the Chaos Bringer.

4. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Great time had by all I think.

Finally met Kessel after...what like 3-4 years.

Found some great deals. Picked up one of the most chessy films never released.

after all henry's shy guy act he talked about storm troops on the way home. He had a good time dispite the crankyness.

I can't wait to see the test films you guys made.

LDV vs Jango.

New Guy Vs Ming

etc etc

should be fun to watch.

time for a nap.

5. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    A+ for Sac Con!

And I want a copy of that test fight wit me and Ming!

TJ

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I had a BLAST! Another blade broken by Morrigan, lots of good company to talk Star Wars with, and dinner afterwards with some of the coolest people this side of Coruscant. :D

Let's do this again! How about...April 30th? Unity?

7. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm working on getting down there...

It all depends on that thing called transportation. Friend and I are talking about it...

TJ ^^v

8. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Ahhh man you guys had dinner???

Did ya at least talk about Deadpool?

how cool he is?

how cute he is? (well I know LDV did...or at least thought it)

how funny he is? (not smelling)

how smelly he is?

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    "how cute he is? (well I know LDV did...or at least thought it)"

In your dreams laser brain.

Loved it today. Loved meeting everyone, and very VERY happy to see all the people from SFFF there. Glad to meet Tainted Jedi. Barrel toss at Folsom damn to commence shortly. ;) And big shout out to Kessel!!!!! Dude, glad to finally meet you face to face and see you are up and around. You, along with Tainted Jedi are now part of the SVRF.

Which means, I need to revamp the web site. I am making major changes to it. I feel another meeting shoud be held shortly. I will be sending out questionares to all SVRF memebers regarding the web site. Believe me, it won't look the same after I am done with it. I will try and get most of it worked in this week sometime. Pretty busy schedule next week with schooling and ehemm, you are not looking at the new partner (1/3) of the new IT business Yuba/Sutter Tech Support. The bizz will be up and running hopefully by Wednesday. Which includes custom building high performance computers, upgrades, installing of new OS's, saving lost data if hard drive crashes, Etc. Looks like $90,000 a year side business. WE even have the blessing of Microsoft, Cisco systems, Unix, and Linux. So, spread the word peeps. ;)

I have the pics for you Tionne, what color light saber blade do you want in your pick with Jango.

BTW, did everyone catch a glimps of Brian's (Jango Fett) Delorian (sp) out in the parking lot? ;) Pretty sweet.

10. The_Sith_Mistress

The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Gah! I am so sorry I missed it! My brother had a gig that popped up so there went my ride from the south bay.

But I hope you all can make it out to unity!! I miss you guys!

11. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm glad you guys had fun!

12. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Yay!! More official members!

I agree we should have another general meeting to remind us all why we are here and to try to get lots of people to show up. Any ideas on dates, places, things to do? (I will be out of town March 25-30)

Congrats LDV on the business venture!!! Looks like you and Ming will both be very happy in your new jobs.

A blue blade please, LDV.

Glimpse of the DeLorean???? No, my friend. I got a good long look at it from every angle. (It's got a plaque inside one of the doors that is signed my Mr. DeLorean) I even got to touch it and SIT in it! SWEEEEET! :D

*gets the Official SVRF barrel out of storage for Tainted Jedi* Don't worry...I haven't forgotten. ;)

13. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    *ignites lighsaber*

14. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    *basking in the Love, and throwing some back out*

It was great to finally meet all of you. The D-pool, it indeed will be a day long remembered. I can't believe it took us this long to set it up. We got close about a year or two ago, but it has finally happened.

LDV, I will be excited and glad to have myself added to the SVRF website, and look forward to discussing it with you. I used to design websites. My HTML is a bit rusty, but if you need any help, lord knows I have the time these days.

I was stoked to get the Phantom Edit. Got home and watched it. I enjoyed it quite a bit, didn't agree with all the changes, but overall I do think it is a better film than TPM. Seeing AOTC, I think that Uncle George did indeed learn from it.

I'm so sorry I wasn't up to staying around for the dinner, but 2 hours on my feet really racked my back. It still hurts, but it was all worth it to finally meet my NorCal brethren.

It was also a spectacularly wonderful surprise to run into some of my old friends from the TPM Coronet Line.

15. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I may need to borrow that Phantom Edit and burn a copy.

Anyone buy that holiday special?

I got that cheese filled fantastic four movie (which is fun to watch...even as it is) if anyone wants that, also last time I got Godzila vs Mechagodzilla X

16. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    The Holiday Special was sooooo tempting. It also had Troops, George Lucas in Love and some other stuff on it too. But I resisted...

17. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    While camped out for TPM in SF, we had a TV setup on the sidewalk. We watched the Holiday Special. I have no need to own it after seeing it. It's a bit too painful.

I already have George Lucas in Love, so that wasn't tempting at all.

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ok, here is our very own TionneHawk battling the big bad Jango Fett

[image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/passed_events/tionnevsjango.jpg]

Hope you like it Tionne. ;)

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    That's a good pic.

makes me wish I had wore the costume. oh well I'll get my turn at wondercon.

perhaps I'll get to face Vader.

*and maybe just maybe I can get my twin blades.

20. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I love it!! Can you send me the other pics you took, too? :D

21. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Awsome picture, did you get any with me in it? :)

22. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I just got my pics back and I'm about to scans them and send them to LDV.

I think I got just about everyone.

Edit think I got it.

who wants the pics? it's many of the same group from different angles.
    LDV will likely post some later.

23. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    It didn't even occur to me to bring my camera. I got a digital for Christmas. Well, I guess I'll just make sure and have it for the next gathering.

24. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Teaching Tionne the finer points of saber play. ;)

[image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/members/th_ldv.jpg]

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Here's the gang, thanks to Mike

If you want saber blades, PM me with your color...

[image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/svrf_sfff.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.