main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

March 2006 Meet: Sunday, March 26th at the Museum of Science Star Wars exhibit

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I think by the ticket kios is the best place to meet up. I am not sure if we are carpooling from Milford or not Mike we will have to see what Chris wants to do. I know I will be having a crew with me so my car will be full. The entrance to the exhibit is right after the gift and before the Imax theather. The Millennium Falcon ride is in that general area as well. I think that is $5 for everyone. They also have a multi-media device available to hear extra information about the exhibits in the SW area. I didn't get that the last time, but I might this time or the next time I go.

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Carpooling would be a great idea. Unfortunately I have no idea how long I can stick around after seeing the exhibit. Wife is working and depending on who watches the kiddies, I may have to scoot. If that's the case, I don't want to be the one to bring the meet to a premature end.

So I'll probably be driving in solo...Han Solo.

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

3. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Here is what I have so far for a list of people going:

Mike
    Chris
    Richie w/ bud
    Jim
    Christian and gf
    Me

three of my peeps

Are there any more going to this? Has anyone heard from the Rhode Squadron? I haven't seen any activity on their boards in a while. I want to order tix on Sat just to make sure we get the core people. Hopefully we can get some more people going and make this a big event.

Chris is JediDisney coming to this? lol I can always order her a ticket when yall get back.

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    WifeofVader made mention of the meet in the official site's Massachusetts chat thread, so I posted a reply with more details and a link to this thread. Hopefully, there will be a few new people showing up. :)

5. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have some really bad news to report. I tried to get tickets tonight for the SW exhibit for us on March 26th and with my membership I can only get a limited number of tix. I thought I could get more, but unfortunately it only allows me some many per day. I can still order tickets for everyone and we can split up the costs of them.

Once again I am truly sorry for this.

Jorge

6. spideyguy0

spideyguy0 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Yeah, I did mention to you in a PM that that was a possibility, however, I'd heard otherwise from some very high up museum people, so I was inclined to believe them. That really sucks.

7. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello,
    Just want to let you guy's know. As of now we have 6 of going. Some of you guy's I already know, so the rest I can't wait to meet.

Here's a ??? anyone if you are aloud to wear any customes? I've had a couple guy's ask, so...Plus I have my new TK suit and would not meaned putting it on if any one would like. Just let me know.

SeeYa!!
    TK

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Glad to hear that yall will be making the trip down. That rocks. Can't wait to meet up with yall.

When I went I didn't see too many customes, but then again I went on the member sneak preview day. I also went as soon as it opened so there could have been people in costume after I left.
    I know they allow cameras so I would imagine they would allow costumes.

9. spideyguy0

spideyguy0 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Costumes are fine, I usually see a couple people in costume a day.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, it appears that the 1:00 showing to the exhibit has sold out and of course I got stuck without a ticket. Tonight was the first chance I had to log on long enough to purchase one and now it's too late. Anyone out there buy an extra ticket? If not, you all will have to enjoy the exhibit without me :(

EDIT: Well I just took another look at the schedule and they sell tickets for every 15 minutes. So, I guess if I someone else doesn't have an extra ticket I can just buy one for the 1:15 show and catch up with you in there.

11. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    For those people meeting up at my house to travel into Boston.

You can arrive at my house about 10:45 to 11:00 in the morning.

If anyone needs my cell send me a PM.

See everyone tomorrow.

12. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Many of you know me and will have no problem finding me @ the Museum of Science tomorrow, but if you don't know me, I'd like to remind you that I'll be wearing a Boston Rebels t-shirt tomorrow. If you have no idea of what the Boston Rebels t-shirt logo looks like, you can have a look at our CafePress store.

See ya! :D

13. gimli999

gimli999 Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2004
    hi guys,

we´ll be at the MoS Ticketbooths on sunday noon. I´ll be wearing a darth maul t-shirt and Sarah an orange sweater. it would be great if someone who knows the others would approach and introduce us.

thank you
    christian

14. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Sorry I couldn't connect w/ you guys after the viewing, but my friend Ed had to get going back to New Bedford and he was my ride. I'll get a group photo at the next big gathering, I'm sure, though. Aaron, Christian, and Sarah, it was good meeting you.

15. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    You can see some of the pictures on the Imperial Sydndicate's MySpace Page.

It was great meeting up with everyone and thank you to Sarah and Christian for the wonderful chocalate and cool SW stickers. :)

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Agreed. I had a great time yesterday and thank everyone for turning out. A very speccial thank you goes out to Sarah and Christian for meeting up with us after the exhibit and enjoying some "AMERICAN" cuisine ;) Thanks so much for the Chocolate and SW stickers guys. Here's hoping our paths cross again some day :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.