main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

March 2015 meeting

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by thejackal327, Mar 3, 2015.

1. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    Our March meeting has been tentatively scheduled on the 28th at Village Inn. I will create a FB invitation for 2:00, unless there is any objection. Cheers!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  2. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Same day as the Avalanche Star Wars night. And for me personally, AnomolyCon. So, I won't be attending. For April a lot of us will be in Anaheim.

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Bump! This Saturday, for those who can attend. Much discussion to be had about all sorts of awesome things!

4. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I promise to get the meeting going quicker this month. Hopefully our table service will be better and we can wrap up before people need to leave for Saturday evening commitments.

5. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    If somebody calls ahead, chances are better that we'll get our regular waitress and they'll have tables freed up in "our spot."

I'll have the flyers and business cards so they can make the trip to Celebration.

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I move that we consider a different location than Village Inn as our default location. They "lose our reservation" (which is what happened in February) we get bad service (our usual waitress semi-notwithstanding), and the food is just okay. Not holding our reservation happens almost half the time...

Perhaps we can try the Perkins just South of I-25 and Colorado again? They're address is 1995 South Colorado Blvd. We used to go there, but I forget why we stopped going.

Just a thought...

7. thejackal327

Dec 19, 2013
    Let's address this on Saturday. Maybe someone will remember why we switched :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    The space at the VI is generally better, and the food is about the same. I really liked the conference room at WOTR but I understand that's not always available. That kind of space undoes the food thing and just gets us to the meeting. We can then have beer and brats next door :)

9. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    thejackal327 has booked our space, so as long as our regular server is working we should be safe

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  10. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    We quit going to the Perkins because they lost our reservation four months in a row and someone got food poisoning.

We did switch dates on VI at the last minute in February.

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

She has asked that we contact her to confirm that she is working that day. Her name is Chelsea. PM with her number sent.

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    For those of us going to SWCA, let's try and find a good time to take a group photo.

This was a great one from CV

[​IMG]

Katsu_MaRoy likes this.
  13. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Ha,

Abby is soooo small!!!

14. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    And I'm so big and shirtless!

he-guy and Grimby like this.
  15. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    This will require I look at the con schedule and start thinking about plans... I dunno. :p Hm, maybe on plane this weekend!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  16. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I seem to also recall Perkins stopped allowing us to reserve the large conference room-ish table we were used to sitting at.

-- Sent from my R2 unit

17. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I'm assuming it's still at 2:00pm at VI on Colorado/I-25? If so I'll swing by on my way to the game (might not get there until 2:30). I have a box of stuff for the wheel (and maybe a report or something on that). I wouldn't mind getting refunded (I'll bring receipts) if someone can remember to bring the checkbook.

18. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I think you're right. I remember that, too. I think that's when we finally quit trying.

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    In addition to trying to schedule this photo, I have two things for the agenda. One from the Denver Public Library and another from the FanForce itself.

Thanks.

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I have landed, and will be on my way to the meeting with Michael soon! Looking forward to seeing people.

21. thejackal327

Dec 19, 2013
    March Meeting Notes:
    RMFF March Meeting​
    28 March 2015​
    Village Inn​
    Attendance: Rob, Nerfherders, Joel, Michael B., Jedi Jonas, ObiWannaBe, FanForced, GeekChic15, Grimby, AuttyBot, DieWompRatDie, Taeriel, JawaJaka, QueenHighMistress, Tara-Librarian, Zoo, HeGuy, theJackal327

Roll Call & Raffle

Old Business:
    · FEBRUARY MEETING – meeting recap.
    o Chelsie confirmed that February’s server is no longer working for Village Inn
    · ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE – great run out, there was no room for grown-ups on the float due to the number of kids present.
    o The event was very organized, the crowd was huge.
    o It was reported that Denver’s St. Patrick’s Day parade is the 3rd largest in the country.
    o A video of the event will be ready soon.
    o Now is the time to start brainstorming about a new float

Open Discussion: Topic – SW Rebels
    · The general consensus is that the Season 1 finale was “awesome”
    · Sarah Michelle Gellar rumored to be appearing in Season 2

New Business:
    · CELEBRATION ANAHEIM (April 16-19)
    o Group picture Friday morning before the doors open at 10:00
    o The guidebook is available on the app
    o The Abrams/Kennedy panel will be streaming in other rooms
    o There will be a Sunday panel for fan groups
    § A discussion will be focused on rebranding the Fan Force
    § DieWompRatDie will start a new thread to continue this discussion:
    · What does Fan Force mean to you?
    · Strengths, weaknesses, threats?
    · MAY THE FOURTH (Sunday, May 3rd)
    o Zoo will create a Google doc for people to sign up for different stations
    · DENVER COMIC CON (Saturday May 23rd-Monday May 25th)
    o Animaniacs actors will be at DCC
    o A fan wedding will take place on Monday
    o Friday, 7:00 opening ceremony
    § 1st come 1st served
    § any badge will get you access to the opening ceremony
    · LIBRARY NEWS
    o Saturday, April 4th at 2:00, Park Hill Ridge library will host a book signing/meet the author event for Heir to the Jedi author, Kevin Hearne
    o Denver Public Library will host five panels at DCC
    o DPL will try to spread Star Wars Reads day out over the entire week at different locations
    Star Wars News:
    · DIGITAL RELEASE – no announcement
    · “THE JOURNEY TO THE FORCE AWAKENS” – 20 books will be released between this summer and the Episode VII release

Open Discussion: Topic – SW: Rogue One 12/16/16
    · Felicity Jones – possible first female lead?
    · Andreas Desplat will compose the score, the first SW movie without John Williams
    · Speculation that the events may take place between Episodes IV and V

Website News: Good feedback for new site. Suggested changes are being implemented. The site should be posted soon.

Publications Committee: New business cards and flyers have been printed. Cards were circulated at the meeting, and will be handed out at Celebration Anaheim

Gaming News: Star Wars Battlefront will be demoed at Celebration

Treasurer’s Report:
    $499.94 balance
    +$19 last meeting’s raffle
    -$105.98 Publications committee
    -$112 Prizes
    DieWompRatDie moved to pay an artist’s fee to Cory for the new t-shirt design. The motion carried to split proceeds to new t-shirts sales with Cory: 50-50
    Collecting News: no Hasboro panel at Celebration Anaheim

Open Discussion:
    · HeGuy provided a sneak peek at some of the Star Wars items that will be sold at Walgreens this year
    · Taeriel inquired about the limited amount of time available to edit posts to the boards
    · HeGuy addressed rumors that ISIS has threatened the Lars Homestead in Tunisia. This is ½ true: the Star Wars sets are not impacted by the fighting, but fighting has taken place in a town called Tatooine.
    · DieWompRatDie will start a new thread for members to order new t-shirts
    o Shirts will be picked up at Celebration
    o Only one style (men’s cut/sizes) will be available
    o Orders will be cut off a few days prior to Celebration

Raffle Winners

Group Photo
    https://www.facebook.com/RockyMount...1427673747./10152858706203985/?type=3&theater

Grimby and he-guy like this.
  22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks, thejackal327! Great job.

One minor correction, the group photo at Celebration is tentatively scheduled for Saturday morning.

And gra-co_o_hun shoudl start that t-shirt thread today after finalizing some shirt details. Watch for it soon.

23. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Nice work Jackie. Thanks for posting so fast.

24. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    Is Zoo's Google doc for Celebration or DCC sign up? In either case, where might we find this?

We'll sign up regardless, but is there a discount badge option this year for DCC? Sorry that we couldn't make this meeting to ask then.

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

darth_hair hasn't created a Google doc for DCC yet. It will probably be in the DCC thread when it's ready.

There is indeed a plan of some kind to have discounted badges for volunteering in the SW Experience area, so if you're going to volunteer, you can plan on that. As far as the requirements/hours of volunteering in order to qualify for a badge...I don't know the details on that as I don't think they've been determined yet. The discussion has centerd around some way to confirm volunteers showing up for their shifts...