main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

March 2016 meeting - 3/19 1 PM at my place

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Mar 4, 2016.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    The March meeting will be at Skywalker Ranch aka FanForced and my place on March 19 at 1 PM.
    Mark your calendars.
    Details to follow!

AuttyBot and he-guy like this.
  2. thebreadnappa

thebreadnappa RMFF Co-CR/Member-At-Large

Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks for the reminder!
    Will this be a potluck?

3. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    ...probably.

4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Meeting details:

We'll discuss previous events like the St. Patrick's Day parade and Starfest.
    Topics to discuss include upcoming events and other fun stuff.

We'll provide sandwiches, fixins', chips, and brownies.
    Please bring your own drink and any other side, if you'd like.

*and please note the updated start time of 1:00 PM.

Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/246112522397873/

nnaydolem and AuttyBot like this.
  5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Please RSVP here or on Facebook above since we'll be buying food for those who have said that they'll attend. So far 6 have said that they're coming and 6 are interested.
    Thanks!

6. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I'll be late but I'll be there. I have soooo much running around to do tomorrow (including a quick swing in Lafayette for a black series fig and to Boulder Resource Center for their tool sale) I won't be able to bring anything, and no drinking for me (I'm on sinus meds/antibiotics, yuck).

7. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    email me your address (lynellephi@yahoo.com), Jonathon. My GPS lost everybody's address again when I updated it. And somehow I don't have your phone number.

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Good to see everybody! Thanks for coming over for meeting stuff, laughs, and tasty sandwiches.

9. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Thanks again to Jonathan and Linda for hosting. Good times and fun discussions for sure.

AuttyBot likes this.
  10. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Rocky Mountain Fan Force

Meeting Notes

March 19, 2016

Episode VIII will open where TFA left off.What do you think the first line will be?

Old Business:

• February meeting happened. It was held at Denver Museum of Toys and Miniatures. The Cub Scouts beat the RMFF on the scavenger hunt. Step it up people!
    • Float build was a success. Upgrading and alteration of the float will continue if it is felt it is necessary. The decking will need to be replaced next year. The float will be used for the haul to celebration.
    • St. Patrick’s Day Parade; on the float. It was noted (source was not included) that everyone on the float should have been dressed in Star Wars themed attire and room should have been made for those who were unable to walk in the parade.
      • Thank you to Stephanie Bradley (sp?) for printing the awesome banner.
      • This year was a smaller crowd. This could be due to Starfest falling on the same weekend.
      • How do we increase interest/our numbers? Ideas were: Have bead necklaces to hand out. Hand out a small portion of challenge coins.
      • Boom box for Star Wars themed music from the float?
    New Business:

May the 4th:

• May the 4th will now only be held on the 1st this year. This will no longer be two events as the “special guest” is not able to attend.
    • Prize wheel re-do? Should we update our prize wheel to TFA Starkiller base?
    • Should we take charity donation at Wings? Will it have to be donations for Wings?
    Free Comic Book Day

• May the 7th.
    DCC

• We will not be on the exhibition floor. Our location is TBD, rumored to be in front of the Bellco Theatre.
    • The MAW auction will be on Saturday. Discussion if we should have items available for silent auction.
    • Please go like and share the auction site!!
    • RMFF Trivia panel has been submitted.
    • We will need trivia and auction volunteers.
    Upcoming Cons if you can get enough…

• Cheyenne Con (Out of state)
    • Walker Stalker Con
    • Colorado Springs Con
    • Anomaly con
    Star Wars News and Pop Culture (Multiple topics)

To Do/Consider:

Puzzle patch design for DCC

Make flyers for DCC.Make a few more this year as we ran out.

Did I forget anything?Please respond and comment below!

11. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Sounds like you all had fun sorry we couldn't make it :(. When and where is the next meeting?

12. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Great recap AuttyBot! However, I thought it was the Girl Scouts actually that beat DIEWOMPRATDIE in the scavenger hunt. :)

AuttyBot likes this.
  13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    he-guy, ooo those Girl Scouts!! Yet again, they're the bane of my existence...

catz44, I believe the next meeting is April 16 at the usual Village Inn at 2 PM. There was discussion of having it at a different restaurant, but nothing firm was decided.

And I love the idea of having a challenge coin for those RMFFers who attend the St. Patrick's Day parade. It's a great incentive and swag you can proudly own.

14. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I wish somebody would have talked to me about this at the parade. This is the first I have heard anything that there was a problem associated with someone NOT getting a seat on the float who couldn't walk it. I would have pulled Kyla and Nona at minimum so someone could get a seat.

Whoever this anonymous person is, please communicate with me -- especially at the parade when I can solve the problem. Hearing about this after the fact does NOT help much. We had a couple of hours to deal with this at the parade. It comes across as petty and passive aggressive. Talk to me -- my role there is to solve problems on the spot.

However, when I look at the pictures of the float, I see enough room for at least 2 more people as-is.

As far as attire... meh. Yes, we ask people to dress up in SW and St. Pat's attire. I'm not going to turn them away if they are not. Would you?

Wow, this is news. Should I ass-u-me that this applies to all SW groups?

AuttyBot likes this.
  15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Yep, this applies to the whole Star Wars Experience area. Our contact is thebreadnappa and he will have all the details once we know them from DCC.

Obey Wann and AuttyBot like this.
  16. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Does the Publication Committee need to take care of this?

17. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Is that how it was handled last year? (I am still learning all the details...)

18. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    We (Publication Committee) designed new ones last year and had them printed.

The current ones are on the web site, so anyone could do the printing, but it also depends on what everyone wants -- card stock, regular paper, etc. the last ones were card stock. Somewhere around here there's a Publications thread....