main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA March 21 - IEFF Meeting at JangosMom's House

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    WHAT: Monthly Meeting
    WHEN: Saturday, March 21, 1:00
    WHERE: JangosMom's (Debbie)
    WHY: Who really needs a reason to get together?

At this point, let's just plan on keeping it a pizza-fest again. Please bring a few bucks to throw in for the food. I brought some brownies last time and they were pretty good. Let's not tempt fate twice with my cooking. Would a couple of folks please volunteer to bring something sweet for dessert and a few liters of soda?

Our busy season is coming up, so this would be a great meeting to attend. We probably need to start doing some planning.

Please post your RSVP here!

2. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I can cover the dessert and soda, no prob. If gets closer and my life has slowed down any at all, we can have something other than pizza but lets just leave it at that unless I post otherwise.

3. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Hooray! I can be there again! [face_dancing]

Aw, nuts! I was going to volunteer to bake some cookies. Can I still do that? My baking is okay (no one's complained or died yet, LOL), and I'd like to contribute something to the meeting besides a hungry mouth and bad jokes. ;)

4. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Cara, that would be wonderful. You will be the designated "bringer of dessert"! lol

5. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Yay! :D

What kind of cookies does everyone like? I can't make anything too fancy; my specialties are oatmeal raisin, chocolate, snickerdoodles, and soft sugar cookies. Any preferences?

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    A) Oatmeal Raisin
    B) Chocolate
    C) Snickerdoodles
    D) Soft Sugar Cookies
    E) All of the Above

My answer is: E) All of the above

If somebody else is cooking, I'm not complaining.

7. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Here is our RSVP for the HanChewie clan. Our plan is to be there.

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    YEA!! You've been missed!!

Now, if we can just find Mike and Sheila! I don't like that they're MIA!!

WHERE ARE YOU HSF!!!

9. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    I'd love to be there, but I don't have any way of getting there or back....

10. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    SANDY! [:D]

Hmm...come to think of it, Mike and Sheila have been rather quiet lately...

Unless anyone has any objections, guess it'll be Snickerdoodles. The cocoa went MIA...:confused:

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Okay folks, we have a meeting in a few days. I need to get a number of who's coming so I know how much pizza to pick up.

Carrie, let me know if you need a ride. I can't always do it, but this time will work.

Adam and Allen, you're both invited.

12. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Here is our RSVP for Bill, and myself. Chrissy has to work and Brittany wants us to drop her off at my oldest daughter's house Which is in Hesperia.

13. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    I'll say just me.

14. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Hey Folks. My name is Ben. I am a new member. I was wondering about where I could find some directions to your march meeting. I am an old school Star Wars fan and I can't believe how much the web has brought together fans from all over. I work in L.A. and have attended some meeting there only because I didn't know about the Inland Empire Fan Force. I live in victorville with my family and any info on some directions to the meeting would help. Also, I was wondering if anyone is invited to a meeting. I don't want to show up if this is a private affair. Thanks.

15. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Hi Ben, welcome! The meeting is open to anyone, and we'd love to have you! I've PM'd you the address and contact info (hope you don't mind, Debbie). Hope to see you there,

Sonya

16. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    WOOT! Another local! [face_dancing]

Hi, Ben! Nice to hear from you! I hope I'm not stepping out of bounds when I say the more, the merrier!

17. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    Welcome to the IEFF Ben!

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Hi Ben. If you're planning on coming to the meeting, please let me know if you'll be by yourself or have others with you. Gotta make sure I pick up enough pizza. Hope to see you there!

19. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Thank you for the address info "Symina". I will be by myself, and I will be teaching at Victor Valley College on Saturday. Classes are usually over around 1 p.m. I may be late, but I would still like to show up and meet everybody. Thank you all for being so friendly, some of the other meetings I've been to(Down the hill), I have been given the cold shoulder because I wasn't a regular. Thanks to Cara_Undercover_Jedi, Symina, Jedi_Knight_JT, Jedifan77 for the info and the hospitality. I am close to the meeting from the college, so even if I get out of school late, I can be there quick. I will be by myself (This Time). Do I need to bring anything? And how long do your meeting usually last. Hope to see you on Sat. Thanks Again.

20. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    P.S to my post above. When you said another local, are there alot of IEFF members here in the high desert?

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Don't worry about being late. As hard as I try, I still tend to have time management issues. You'll be welcomed whenever you get there!

How long do they run? Until Debbie finally kicks us out. We each leave when we have to or when we've started over staying our welcome. Come to think of it.... Debbie has never actually given us the boot. She's very kind! There's really no set time limit. We try to get any "official stuff" out of the way first so we can just sit around and visit afterwords.

If you're planning on enjoying some pizza, please bring a few bucks to throw in for that. Other wise, just bring yourself.

We're a really laid back group without a lot of formality. We love Star Wars, but we're so much more than just a SW fan group. We're friends that like to get together and chat, eat, hike, terrorize different business establishments (you must look at the pictures from our trip to Bass Pro Shop to fully understand), do charity work and generally hang out and have fun!

We look forward to meeting you!

22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    LOL we're all over the IE. There's a few in Rancho Cucamonga, one or two in Redlands, maybe one or two in Riverside and/or San Bernardino...don't remember where else. There's about three of us in the HD now, one who comes occasionally, and one who used to come but can't anymore. Counting you, that brings it to four or five. The reson I cheered is because three seems like such a lonely number. ;)

23. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Meetings down the hill? Must not have been ours or it was years ago, we're the freindliest fan force in the galaxy, no way you'd get the cold shoulder from any of our members!

I should start sending King Ryan to meetings in my place. I am having breakfast with family on Saturday morning then off out for Aimee's birthday (twas on St. Patricks) in the evening.

In hilarious King Ryan news, he tried to bite a cactus yesterday. He hissed at it as if it were a predator! He still managed to pull a chunk off of it!! He was ok, no spikes stuck in him though!

24. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Ben had mentioned that he had gone to some meetings out in LA, not here.

Poor King Ryan! That mean cactus must have looked threatening to him!

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I hope he sentenced the cactus to beheading!

Glad that HRM is okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.