main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~March - A vignette about the March on the Temple~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darth_nemisis, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Title: March - A Vignette
    Author(s): darth_nemisis
    Timeframe: During Revenge of the Sith
    Characters: Master Coleman Kcaj, Master Cin Drallig, Darth Vader, younglings, a few OC
    Genre: AU
    Summary: This short story/vignette is a story about the Assault on the Jedi Temple. It tells the tale in my words, and about the horrific events that occured in the Council Chambers with the Younglings.
    Notes: This is my first vignette, and it was quite fun to just write a one post story. :p I hope you guys enjoy!

I would like to give a big thanks to FelsGoddess for beta-reading this! :D Thanks!

March ? A Vignette

A loud rumbling could be heard from afar. Master Coleman Kcaj, the Ongree Jedi Master, looked out of the window in the Council Chambers. There, he saw hundreds, if not thousands, of Clone Troopers marching forth. Leading them was an unidentifiable man cloaked in dark brown robes. What were they doing? Who was that man?

Then he felt it again. Just moments ago, he had felt a dramatic shift in the Force; it felt as though the Force had been dipped in a sea of darkness. Just now, he felt lives being destroyed, lives of the Jedi within that very Temple. It hit him then: the Clones had turned.

Coleman ran out of the Council Chambers and looked over the ledge. What he saw was as horrific a site as he had ever seen. Laser bolts flashed back and forth as they careened off of lightsabers, walls, Jedi bodies, and clone trooper armor. Bodies fell like rain in hurricane on Kamino. Fire lay on every level. Statues of ancient Jedi lay in pieces on the floor. The Jedi Order and Temple was being destroyed.

Master Kcaj could only think of one thing: the younglings.

The Ongree Jedi ran down the stairs, coming across a small squad of clones on the way. The squad fired rapidly at Coleman, whose lightsaber shot to his hand at the first site of them. With his skill in the Force, he deflected all the bolts that came at him. After a few short moments, the squad of troopers laid on the floor, dead. The Jedi Master continued onward.

Coleman dropped a few more levels, deflecting blaster fire that was directed at him, and slashing bodies that got in his way. Finally, he had reached the Younglings quarters.

?Master! What?s going on?? one of the Younglings said.

?There is an attack on the Temple!? Coleman said, ?You must follow me!? He rushed out of the room, and made sure all of the younglings were following. He lead them back the way he had come: up a few levels and to the Jedi Council chambers. The Younglings all had looks of fright and confusion on their faces.

Coleman looked over his shoulder to see if there were any Younglings straggling behind as he neared their destination. What he saw frightened him more than anything in his life: the man who had lead the Clone Troopers into the Temple was walking towards them. Luckily, a Jedi Padawan lunged in front of him, and gave Coleman a little more time to get the Younglings to the Council Chambers.

Once they arrived, Master Kcaj forced all the Youngling inside. He looked back just in time to see the mysterious man slice through the Jedi Padawan with a very elegant wave of his saber. He turned to the Younglings. ?I want all of you to stay here,? he said in a frantic tone. ?I am going to lock the door. Do not open this door unless you know it is a Jedi! Do you understand?? They all nodded their heads in unison, their terror growing.

Coleman gave a nod to them all. ?May the Force be with you,? he said. Before the children could respond, the Council door shut and locked.

Lord Vader marched forward, walking after the Younglings and the Jedi Master who was accompanying them. He had one mission in mind: kill everyone within the Jedi Temple. That included the Younglings; at least he had assumed as much. They were, in fact, the future of the Jedi Order, they were a vital part in the execution of the Jedi Order, even if they were not fully apart of the Jedi?s elabor

2. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    =D= Wow! A great capture of the emotions and significance of the march on the Jedi Temple.

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Very powerful. Love that final line.

=D=

4. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I liked it. I also like how you mentioned Anakin's nick-name near the end: the Hero with no Fear. Very intense, and the capture of emotion, and atmosphere, was dead on. Well done.

~Vassago

5. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    Very good, Nemmykins! [face_pumpkin]

6. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thank you guys! I appreciate the good words! I hope you continue to read my fanfiction!

Make sure to tell your friends about this!

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautifully done! =D= Very powerful and heart wrenching!

8. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    He almost felt bad for what he was going to do, but, he knew that if the Jedi hadn?t included the younger Jedi in their plot, they soon would.

I really liked how you mirrored Palpatines opera scene comment here. Good job showing this intense and emotional scene from other characters povs. =D=

9. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    VaderLVR64: Thank you! :)

PadwanKayla: Thanks! I was wondering if anyone would catch that. :p

10. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    :eek: Wow! That was incredibly well written and heart breaking, darth_nemisis! =D= I like how you went between different Jedi - masters, padawans, and younglings alike - to tell the true and tragic story of the Temple purge. :_|

As he felt the last life pass through the wall of life, he knew he had completed his mission. Now, he had the power. He had obtained the power to save Padmé from her certain death.

In my opinion, the most powerful line in the whole story. To see through the eyes of the Jedi, to hear their last moments, to witness the tragedy, and then to know that though Vader experienced it all too, his only thought amidst the carnage was of life. How twisted his mind had become...

11. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    So sad...one of the things I find hardest to get to grips with in the movie is the murder of the younglings.

You wrote Anakin/Vader wonderfully.

Well written. A dark and powerful piece.

=D=

12. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Nienna: Thanks! The youngling slaughter is what made me think about this story. So, I basically wrote it around that scene.

Kestrel: Thanks! Look for more of my AnaVader stories!

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very intense darth-nemsis. Vader's unrepentant ways... just so sad and scary. Well done! =D=

14. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Healer_Leona: Thank you, I always appreciate comments like that! Thanks! :D

15. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    That was quite excellent and depressing. :(

16. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    This may be a bit belated....but thanks for the comment on my story Bacon! I have just now seen it.

17. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I just thought I would let all those who enjoyed this story know that I have released another story. You are able to find it here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.