main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo March activity ~Sat., Mar. 21, 6 p.m.~

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Mar 2, 2009.

1. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    What: First installment of the Firefly marathon! First 3-4 episodes.
    Date: Sat., Mar. 21
    Time: 6-9 or so p.m.
    Where: Mia's and Ish's apartment (PM for address/directions)

We'll be watching the first 3-4 episodes of Firefly.

We'll probably do it at this rate until we finish the series (unless anyone has any serious objections ;)), doing it every 2nd or every 3rd Saturday, just depending on people's schedules.

2. Allofthemonkeys

Allofthemonkeys Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2007
    Sounds fun! My girlfriend and I love firefly.

3. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    She's totally welcome to come. :) Would you prefer longer sessions for the marathon or shorter ones?

4. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    I remember discussion about this. Sounds like a cool idea to me.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    So, when are we starting this?

6. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    That depends on people's schedules, and depends on how people want to structure this, a question no one's answered yet.

Do we even want to watch the whole series? If we do, do we want to watch 3-4 episodes this month, a few next month, etc.?

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, the simpler days when we could just cram ourselves into someone's parents' living room and watch it all in 3 nights or less... I'm all for a few eps a month.

8. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I would be up for a few episodes a month...or maybe if we want to get done faster watch 3-4 a day twice per month. I would be ok with either one or two saturdays a month. Though if it is this saturday that we start it would have to be in the evening and not during the day for me.

9. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Yeah, coordinating more people like this who're a bit spread out is harder than just commandeering my parents' family room. ;)

JediKnight, thank you for the input! Let's do it that way, then. This Saturday might be too soon to get the word out, but we could start on the 21st and just do it every or every other Saturday? (I'm not sure if I'll be in town on the 28th. And... April 4 is General Conference. But I'm sure we can work the dates out as we go.)

10. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Also when planning we will have to decide what time of day we want to start. It may not be the same time every Saturday we do this. Guess it just depends on how everyones schedules will be from week to week.

11. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Yeah, I think so too. Does 1 pm work for people on March 21st, or something more like 6?

12. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I know 6 would work better for me. But I may be able to rearrange my schedule if 6 doesnt work for others

13. Allofthemonkeys

Allofthemonkeys Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2007
    Dang it, that Saturday I am busy. But I want to come to the next one!

14. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Okay, time is posted! We'll discuss the date for the next one at the activity and also on the boards. Allofthemonkeys, what's the next Saturday that works for you? I'd say 2 weeks from Mar. 21, but that's General Conference and a lot of us will be busy.

So maybe... April 11 and April 25? Or would everyone rather we keep the activity to once a month, or should we just do Firefly every other week?

15. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Sorry I missed this. I was looking forward to it.