main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo March Activity! ~Saturday, Mar. 24, 6 pm, BYU Wilkinson Center~

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Mar 10, 2007.

1. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Sorry it took me so long to post this. *facepalm* Also, it's been hard to get 'yay' or 'nay' from the members of the FanForce regarding what we should do for activities, so I've basically taken to randomly picking one off the ideas thread. Also, Ish was incorrect, it's the 4th Saturday of every month that is typically our activity. ;)

March activity!

When: Saturday, March 24, 6 pm
    Where: Games Center, 1st floor of BYU Wilkinson Center
    What: Bowling!
    Why: Because it's fun, and I think you can dress in costumes if you want to.
    Cost: $5.00 gets you the game and rental shoes. If you have your own shoes, it's only $3.25.

Any questions, go ahead and ask here!

Edit: Because I mix up html and BB coding while I am half-asleep. [face_blush]

-Mia

2. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Question! Because I'm a cheapskate, and am pretty broke right now, do you know if my starving student card would work for a group thing like this? I think I've recruited my two younger sisters to come as well. They say they might feel a bit uncomfortable, though, because they are 16 and 14. The more the merrier in my opinion.

3. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    I should be able to be there for this one.

4. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    If you have your BYU ID with you I think it's 25 cents less. :( Not very much. Sorry. Because of all our schedules and everyone going to school/working, the only times we can manage to get together are on Friday or Saturday nights, which is when the bowling rates go up at the Wilk. *shakes fist*

If anyone needs, I think maybe I might be able to chip in a little for someone's game? We can work something out, cause we totally want people to be able to attend. I think this has been our most expensive activity yet. ;) I'm on a very tight budget too so I'm very sensitive to the whole money thing. PM me and we can work something out, yeah?

Dude, as far as your sisters, you're totally right, the more the merrier! Age one way or the other doesn't bother me, and we're all pretty darn goofy when we get together so we might seem like we're even younger than your sisters. ;) Sometimes Noelie brings her daughter who's a few years younger than some of us but really, to be honest, we don't notice age, and I don't think any of us even care. I know I don't.

Let me know if I can encourage them to come or if there's anything I can do to help someone out monetarily.

And hooray, JediKnight! See, my planning skills in advance are getting better and better, so more people can come. [face_devil]

-Mia

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Back in the days of me being a Fanforce N00b, we had little kids around the PUFF too.

6. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    Too bad I go to UVSC. It should be all right though--I'll just bum up my dad for money (one of the perks of still living at home). On a side note, I haven't been bowling in years and years...this should be very interesting.

7. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I have a question. Since my travel of Provo has still been pretty limited, I'm not %100 sure on how to get there. :)

8. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I could probably be persuaded to pick you up. :) As long as you obey the house rules. ;)

Dana

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    House rules like the one about the driver picking the music and the shotgun shutting his cakehole?

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    That'd be the one. :p

Dana

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    If anyone needs a ride for Saturday, please let me know as soon as possible. I'll need addresses PMed to me if you want me to pick you up.

Dana

12. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    Okay, for the sake of me not getting lost in the Wilk...where exactly is the game center? I've walked by it before, but I just can't remember. In relation to the computer lab...there's a hallway and you go straight or right...oh, I'm lost already. Help?

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    If you go in the main east doors of the Wilk on the bottom level, there's Campus Craft and Floral in front of you. Take a left there and after you pass the ride board, the next door on your right is the Games Center.

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    First door on your right, Ish?

From the computer lab on the first floor, you hang a left out the door and go down the hallway. When you get to the option to go straight or right, go right. You can't miss the games area, it's rather prominent. :)

Dana

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, but dear, there's a second entrance to the games center that doesn't require that hallway. That's the first door on the right after the ride board.

16. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Jade, you remember where I live, right? Just come to my place and we can walk/drive/ride the bus up or whatever. :)

There's usually a sign up for the Games Center. Just go into the Wilk on the ground floor entrance out by the canopy/bus stop and go left. Go straight. Can't miss it.

Anyone confused by all the directions yet? [face_laugh]

-Mia

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Aw heck. Second star to the right and straight on til bowling.

18. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    After all that, I sure hope that I can find it. I get the general idea though. If all else fails I'll make my sister run around asking people for directions. Speaking of, she's curious as to whether or not people will actually dress up. I have nothing, but she's got a Jedi robe thingy that she doesn't know whether or not to wear. She's a little cutey in it, but you didn't hear that from me. Sounds like it's going to be a pretty nice turn out though, eh?

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My only SW costume is actually my Pink 5 one, but I may wear my Jedi Academy t-shirt.