main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, GA March, April & May Activities

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by MotF, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    how about a membership drive? Maybe at Peachtree (Walden Books) or North Crossings (Barnes & Nobles)? Have it in March, so it is still cool enough that those with heavy costumes won't burn up. Have a door prize drawing. I have an extra EP I incredible cross-sections of ships.

I can start calling the management for the malls if you all are interested. Maybe we could invite the LaGrange group down & afer the membership drive, hit dinner & hollywood connections.

Cathy

2. wookiechick66

wookiechick66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    yes good idea. Can we talk about it on the 21st at heath and buffy's????

I have lots of free time on my hands these day!!!!

3. RemyCat

RemyCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    You know I'm always up for costuming. Just can't do it the weekends of March 27th or April 24th (those are my weekends to work.)

4. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Are you guys working on a website?

5. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    A membership drive would be great. Sounds like a lot of fun too. Yes, I know some of the club members are working on a web site but does anyone know when it will be online?

Hopefully, we can get together in April to start working on our film again. Unfortunately, we have to wait on the leaves. When we stopped filming, there were leaves on the trees. We have a lot of outside filming to do. We need all the Rebel soldiers we can get. Could use some Storm Troopers too. Drew (our resident Bossk) has written a short story that we are making into a fan film.

6. wookiechick66

Sep 15, 2002
    We have secured our domain name for the website and it is my job to start learning how to design it. I actually have two sites to work on. A redesign of the GOwardogs site and the inital design of the FCFN site. Dave is working on the web space for us. I am studying the Websites for Dummies book. :)

Once the leaves get green, filming should pick up pace. I know Drew is ready and Hollie too. Right now everything is brown and grey.

I hope to see you all on the 21st.

7. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Okay, will call Walden's this week and secure a date. If they aren't interested, I'll try BAM & Nobles. I want to get it in the surrounding papers. I'm looking at March 13th.

Jill & David have volunteered to build our web page (I don't have the time - keeping with the Dragon*Con Star Wars site is my baby).

Cathy

P.S. please check out www.dm.net/~sf-motf for Dragon*Con Star Wars related information. Also, have 2 tickets for sale, I think at $35 each.

8. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    For March, looking at either the 13 or 20th. I called Waldenbooks today and the manager was to ask her district manager. She wanted to know if we were inviting folks in & told her no, we weren't bringing any authors, but I might be able to secure a few signed books for a drawing.

For April...costuming sounds great <G>.. I have to start my new outfit. All shades of blue. We'll need a big place to put all the sewing machines. I don't think I'll have my sewing/craft room ready by then. The whatever you call tape has pulled away from the corner walls. So that has to be repaired, the room repainted, and then I can move in. We decided to put up counter tops secured to the walls instead of using tables.

For May, what about a camping trip to West Point? This one will need to be decided asap so I can make reservations & try and get us all in one area. I have two tents that can be used. If you want to go, send me email so I can tell you how much to send for your meony part for the site. Sooner the better :) Say May 15th?

Cathy

9. RemyCat

RemyCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    Unfortunately, Mar 13th and 20th are both out for me. :(

Costuming in April sounds great, just let me know what weekend.

I'll have to pass on the camping. I like my creature comforts too much! ;)

10. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Deleted Msg....ccb

11. wookiechick66

Sep 15, 2002
    FCFN Member - Heath Williamson's Band Blue Harvest Bluegrass is playing at Country's at Main Street on April 24th. The show should start around 6 or 7 pm and they will play until closing.

Let's support Heath and maybe have an impromtu gathering of the FCFN.

:)

12. Cosmic_Knight

Cosmic_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    So, just how many bands is Heath in?

:p :)

13. wookiechick66

Sep 15, 2002
    hee hee.

Heath is in 3 bands that I know of:

Justin Hero (will be playing at DC04)
    espa
    Blue Harvest Bluegrass

All are tied into SW in some kinda way!

The more people that we can get out to country's to eat the better it will be for Heath and the band.

SO COME ON OUT.

14. Cosmic_Knight

Cosmic_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    Oh, Blue Harvest Bluegrass... I got it. (Took me a while, though). :)

15. wookiechick66

Sep 15, 2002
    Heath let me know the show on the 24th got cancelled. He will get a replacement date and I will let you know when it will be.

We are all bummed out.

16. Phoenix21

Nov 10, 2003
    Thank you Brad for checking and making arrangements for the April meeting.

We will be meeting at Stevie B's off of Airport Thruway on Friday 24th at 7pm.

Dinner and a drink at $5.55 and we will be playing SW monopoly. If you have it, bring it. That way we can all play (and if one board fills up we can open another one).

Hope to see you all there ;]

17. Phoenix21

Nov 10, 2003
    Opps, sorry, the 24th is on a Saturday.
    See you all there...

18. wookiechick66

Sep 15, 2002
    I will be the Wookiee driving the Zamboini and getting out of jail free with the Power of the Force.

Watch out.

19. wookiechick66

Sep 15, 2002
    Let us hear from you. Who will be joining us at the Pizza Party? Check out our announcment on the Fan Force Home page. Way to go CATHY.

Wookiechick will be there..and I have a SW Monopoly Game.
    I am searching for my Zamboni token.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.