main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

March/April Memorabilia at the N.E.C.

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Tay-Mar, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok folks there is a thread on our private boards about this event - HERE - Please don't forget to log in or register to read and post on that thread but for those that wish please feel free to add your comments here, I know some members still aren't registered or have problems posting and reading the private boards, so I will do my best to keep those people informed via this thread.

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Yes, please do register if you have not yet done so. Any big notices will be posted both in there, and in addition, in here for those having problems. If you wish to attend the MEM show in April, please do share your thoughts with us.

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I just want to know where is the Drangon Con planning thread folks!?! ;)

4. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    I thought that was your department Wendy ;).

Ok people, I've posted this on the other thread and thought I'd post it here too - This event is our biggest so far and what happens in March/April could make or break us attending future events of this kind, I would like to hear from all of the FF-UK members in regard to this event, even if you aren't attending, this is what we're all about so have your say. We need input here folks, this won't be left to the usual suspects to sort out, it should be a TEAM EFFORT.

5. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
  6. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    I've been asked for details regarding this meet from some of our Northern friends, I take it this will be one of the things discussed at Star City ?

7. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    so what's the score for this one? anyone interested in meeting at mine and then heading down to the nec first thing? or shall we all meet outside the doors when it opens? either way is cool here.

tickets are £11 on the door (has that gone up or am i just being my usual confused self?)

8. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    It has gone up Dave, it used to be £10 on the door. I'd love to meet up either at yours or the NEC but I think I'll be working on that Saturday morning (I'll check the diary on that)but if I am, then I'll be going staight from work to the NEC, so I should get there for around 12.30 ish.

I'll update as and when I know what I'm doing, or not as the case maybe, or isn't . . . . . . . . . Oh you know what I mean.

9. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    I will see if my auntie can get us as many free tickets as she can again guys...still unsure as to whether im attending but will let you know...

10. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    unsure as to wether i am going - likelyhood is that its a negative.

i neva get to go the the big events :( next year maybe...

do you ever get the feeling ur ind is playing uncle owen and luke at the same time??

11. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ...you guys still doing Memorabilia? Its March 25/26 right?

Sorry - I dont have access to your M thread on the other FF board to see whats new...:_|

12. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    yeah, we are definately going, just not in any "official capacity". our thread on the private boards kind of got de-railed with discussion of a painting ;) and this thread is our "arrangement" thread. what you see here is what we've arranged :D

and LD, there are 3 memorabilias a year, so you will have 2 more chances at attending this year :D

13. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...are you guys doing both days or just the one day?

Room for an ickle Northerner?

I am tempted to come down on the National Express deal that lasts until 31st March. Its £18 return....but I cant get back on the same day...(unless I stay for 4hrs only). The car would cost me a packet - not something I have right now...:_|

Anybody fancy putting a Northern Jedi up for the night? (no - the whippet would not be coming too...:p)

Just a thought...[face_thinking]

14. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I would love to , but I dont know yet if I'm going to make this one.

15. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    recently Ive been really wanting to go a meet and this would have been ideal but its late march. any date in April to the 21st would have been great for me but Im too busy with Uni untill then :(

16. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    To bad Orn. :(

I will hopefully be able to make it! :D But its my first time to one of these [face_blush] so can someone please explain what goes down there. Do we have to buy tickets before or can we just pay at the door? :confused: Any other info you think I may need to know would be appreciated. :)

I'm such a noob. [face_blush] *hides*

17. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Jase, if I had the room it would be no problem but my twin engines of destruction will be in full effect and I wouldn't want to inflict that on anyone. I can do some searching for CHEAP hotels if that's any help.

Jon, you can buy tickets on the door so no need to worry about booking in advance. I'm guessing that most of the guys and gals will be meeting at Dave's and going to the NEC from there, perhaps a PM to Lord-Wiz would solve some of your problems.

It would be great to have you both along.

Orn, I'm sure we'll be able to sort something out for either August or November as they normally have three of these a year.

18. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    jon, i could come and pick you up beforehand if you want, just let me know.

edge, i will let you know, we are kind of 50-50 ATM with babysitters etc. (we have to unload the kids to be able to have people stay over ;) )

EDIT: jon, just be prepared to walk in to the show, turn around, and have everyone disappear on you [face_laugh] . mobile phone number exchanges can be useful :p

19. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    no worries - if it doesnt happen I will be fine, was just a thought so dont go changing plans or owt mate!

20. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Cheers Tay. ;) Pay at the door, I'm sorted. :D

Well I don't want to be any trouble, I hate people going to any trouble for me. [face_blush] I'll PM you.

And yeah lol, I'll have to get all your mobiles before hand. Plus I always seem to get lost. [face_blush]

21. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    I think it'd be easier for me if I met everyone at the show.. I'll be going there by train and apparently there's a stop actually at the NEC.

Are we going on the Saturday yeah?

22. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...just reviewed finances...I wont be going this time...but maybe soon...have a great time though and I look forward to seeing some of you back for Collectormania in November (18/19th) in Manchester? It will be a birthday bash too for me and TimB who both have our birthdays that week....how can you miss it?!!!! [:D]

23. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    bad news edge :(

yeah, we will be going on the saturday, we will meet you by the main entrance to mem if that's ok ;) . wear a sunflower in your lapel so we know who to look out for :p .

where are you coming from?

24. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Hunky Evil, I'm P.M'ing you my phone number, so if you don't happen to see us at the front door, or if you get lost during the event, give me a bell, and I'll look out for you. :)

BTW, people. What time do you think we should aim to get there?

Pity that Spat won't be there this time around... :p

Oh, and I don't know if you've noticed, the entrance price has gone up a quid! - Scandalous! :p

25. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005

erm, yeah, [face_worried] about half way through this thread :p

;)

mark, are you meeting at mine? that way we need to work out what time to meet here and then what time at mem. i am quite confused by your post as we have been trying to arrange things and by your post it looks like you haven't read this thread. are you coming to mine beforehand or are we all going there seperately?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.