main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX March Fan Force Meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Sith_Mistress, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    This month's Fan Force Meeting will be on Saturday, March 18 at 6:30pm at Atomic Comics on Broadway across from Central Market HEB. After the meeting, we'll be heading over to the Broadway 50/50 for dinner.

V for Vendetta opens on Friday, March 17, and we had discussed the possibility of getting together to see that on opening night. There is a 7:30pm showing at Alamo Quarry Regal Cinema. If you are interested in attending, please reply to this thread.

Hope to see you on Friday and Saturday!!!
    Lisa

2. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

JEDI_SHADOWTECH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I'm looking forward to this month's meeting and seeing you guys again. I'll even be able to go with you guy to the 50/50 for dinner after the meeting. All that I ask is a ride from my fellow star wars fan.[face_praying]:D[face_praying]
    I don't think I'll be able to make movie night.:(

3. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I could possibly make movie night. I would be bringing a guest if I do go.

4. quaff-down

quaff-down Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    I'll be coming to the meeting, but probably won't make it to movie night.

5. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    I'll be at work during movie night, see you at the meeting....

6. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Hey, maybe we could move movie night to after the meeting instead of going to eat? Just a thought!

7. DarthCynthia72

DarthCynthia72 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I really want to come by for the meeting so y'all can finally put a face to the name.[face_praying] I don't think I'll be able to go to dinner. Funds are low.(REAL LOW)[face_worried]

8. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    I have clearance for the movie & the meeting. Good to go!

-Brent

9. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    i will be going to the meeting, also a face to the name.

will cat be there?

10. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    it will be my first time, but i may try to head out there to see what goes on around those parts.

11. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    DarkMethod, I believe Cat will be at a convention this coming weekend so she will not be there. But we hope you attend..

DarthMikus, welcome. I got your inquiry email. Please join us if you can this Saturday 6:30pm at Atomic Comic and Games. All are welcome to check out our group...

12. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I'll still be there :)

maybe i missed it some where, but what happened to juan?

13. starbuck92

starbuck92 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Can't make the movie night or meeting this time around. Headed back home to start cleaning out my old room, where I'll be staying for the summer until the fall semester begins at TAMUK. :\

Sandra

14. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I'm looking forward to meeting you, DarthCynthia and Darkmethod! It will be great to finally put some faces to the names on the boards! And welcome, Darth Mikus! I hope to be able to meet you in person too, this Saturday. If any of you would like to be added to the mailing list, please send me your email address at jedigroupie@hotmail.com

As far as the movie, what do we want to do? Go Friday evening or Saturday after the meeting? And if we do it on Saturday, do we want to eat first and then go to the movie at like 10:30? So far, only Marselles and Brent have expressed interest in going, so what do you guys think?

Lisa

15. quaff-down

Apr 5, 2005
    I'm definately coming. Also, Darth-Hulk, I'm going to give you a link to a website that I know you'll enjoy (It is linked in my profile)

16. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    Yay I will be In LA with Tom for the Wizard World LA Con...I hope to see all of you at the Dallas show in April...There is a great guest list building!!

http://www.scifiexpo.com/dcc/Next-Convention.html

17. DarthCynthia72

DarthCynthia72 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    :oops: I forgot. My husband wants to go to the motorcycle show at the Freeman Coliseum this Saturday. I'm hoping I'll be able to at least make a cameo at the meeting, but I don't know if I'll be in the area around 6:30. How long do the meetings usually last?

18. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    They last as long as we want them to. We usually BS and talk smack for like almost 2 hours. Atomic Comics always has to kick us to the curb.

I don't know who was asking about Juan, but he's focusing his efforts on helping to bring the Texas 501st garrison back to prominence. So he unfortunately didn't have time for both. I know he has a profile on myspace.com if any of you use that. You can probably find him there.

Please join us Cynthia! What is it gonna take?

19. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    I'm still up in the air on whether or not I might be able to make it. I'd like to..just to confirm that there are others out there, like me, with an unhealthy obsession with anything made by George Lucas....Even Howard the Duck, Tucker and Attack of the Clones.

20. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Howard the Duck? Check! Saw it at the theater!

Tucker? Check! He made great cars, err, car.

Attack of the Clones? HA, that's cake!!! I sat through The Phantom Menace...twice in the same day!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

21. DarthMikus

Apr 24, 2005
    Well, okay
    Now it's set in stone, I won't be able to make it out to the fanforce meeting on Saturday night. But I will be able to swing by saturday afternoon...time permitted..to drop off some prints for the in store gallery. I've got a webcomic making it's official debut onn the web, and I've got a couple of pin ups to mark the occassion.
    I do hope to get to meet you all soon especially the big guy, Marsalles. Just to compare how much we look alike in person. If you all get a chance to check out my work, you'll quickly discover I did nothing but rip off the Lucas, himself, for a lot of my stuff.
    Y'all have a great weekend and I hope to get to meet y'all sooner than later...and not in a dark alley somewhere, cause I scream....LOUD. And I can run pretty darn fast when properly motivated.

P.S. Has anyone named that area of I-10W and 410W Beggars' Canyon yet? I usually let my mind kick it into Bombad Racing mode and start bumping anyone who gets close enough.

22. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    No one has named it Beggar's Canyon yet. I like to call the stretch of 410 from Fredricksburg road to Culebra "The Death Star Trench". Every time I drive it I feel like Luke dead in Vader's sights. Those barriers and all that traffic. I can hear Artoo screaming now...

23. Master_Rory-tiin

Master_Rory-tiin Jedi Master star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    Well that is well said about the "Death Star Trench" on culebra I hate that road last time i saw a motorcycle acutaly touch a truck.Well I can't be there cause i have to work all day.
    But can we maybe start like a "posting" post-meeting. What I mean is have a meeting right here on the boards for the people who can't make it.

Rory

24. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Rory,

We do try to have a meeting recap posted on the web site. We just haven't done one since November. We will try to get the recaps up and going again.

While it is a good idea to try and do a recap or meeting on the boards, it wouldn't take long for the thread to get way too long and convoluted. We will work harder at keeping the members in the loop.

25. quaff-down

Apr 5, 2005
    Hey everyone. I just wanted to say that I had a great time at this month's meeting. It was one of the best we've ever had.

PS: My mom will be joining the boards tomorrow, so keep an eye out for her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.