main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN March FanForce Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    The next meeting for the Knoxville FanForce chapter will be on Friday March 11th at 7:00pm at Mancino's Pizza and Grinders on Middlebrook Pike.

As always, if anyone needs directions or has any questions, feel free to post here, PM, or email me.

2. smuggler1186

smuggler1186 Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2003
    Yaaaahhhh! I get to go! And you can get rid of the Holiday Special!

3. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Sweet! From the sound of things I think we'll be doing some yet-to-be determined activity this meeting, so be prepared. I am up for pretty much anything, but if we are going to play pool I'm pretty sure that the only place in Knoxville that has tables and doesn't serve alcohol is Knoxville Billiard Club. They are a nice little hike from Mancino's, so I don't recommend doing that unless we carpool or just meet there instead. Other options include hitting the mall, catching a movie, or the collector's favorite of combing TRU or Wally World for new finds.

If anything sounds good to you guys or you have any other ideas let me know. This is sort of a birthday party, so we should do something fun! :)

4. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    I should also be able to show you guys Sith Apprentice then as well - I have to get in finished and out to Atomfilms by this weekend, so it'll be done by then...

Fenn

5. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Haley will make it, John will make it, the new ROTS trailer, John's new FanFilm, and possibly some of us will get the new Insider. All that, plus I will finally be rid of the Holiday Horror.

I don't think that this meeting could have happened at a better time. :)

6. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    I will try to make it, I promised to babysit that day :( I don't know when they will pick her up.

7. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I've got to work till 8 p.m. that night. So, I can probably pop in kind of late.

Hey fenn, I'm working right next door to you now. Petsafe, so, I can come over and sabotage your satelite dishes.

8. JediDrub

JediDrub Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2005
    Hey guys, new here, I'm really interested in coming to the March meeting but to be honest I'm not real sure I can make it. Whether March works out or not though, I'm definitely interested in being a part of this group. Not a collector, just love the films and the books. Hope to meet you guys soon.

9. JediDrub

JediDrub Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2005
    By the way, want to commend whoever made the Knoxville FF icon, when you look at it next to the other FF icons, none of the others hold a candle, IMHO.

10. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Welcome to the board!

11. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I definitely second that welcome! :)

Sorry for the absence guys but I have been swamped both at work and at home for the last few days. I hope that everyone can make it to the meeting tomorrow, but if not there's always April so don't fret it. Right now I'm crossing my fingers, toes, legs, and eyes in hopes that I'll get the new Insider before the meeting. All I can say is if I don't recieve it in time and somebody else does please bring it along with you so that I can glance over it. That would make my day like Dirty Harry.

Speaking of days, can you believe there are only 70 Days left until the saga is finished? I've been geeking out about that and so many other developments that have taken place within the last week. Anyway, I can't wait to catch up with you guys and talk about it all.

12. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Hey guys:
    Looks like soem stuff has come up to keep me away from the meeting this month... see you at the next one, I guess!

Fenn

13. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    too bad we couldn't reschedule for another day, because weather and having a 4-year old all day has put me out. I almost didn't make it back home from the store an hour ago, can't wait for the snow/ice to turn to ice, plus I-75 is closed going south and the detour stinks. :(

14. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Oh poop. it was the 11th. I thought it was like, the third weekend of every month...

15. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    While it may not have been the best meeting in terms of attendance, I still had quite a bit of fun. I'll try to plan April a little bit better but it was cool to talk saga and eat waaay too much sandwich. :)

Anyway, April is coming fast, so I'll have the next meeting date up so we can discuss and change it if need be.

16. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Oh, and seeing as most of us that come to meetings come here as well, I figure why not talk about the March meeting stuff here? First up, what did you guys think of the new trailer? Did you think it was better than the teaser?

As for me, I loved the trailer. I have probably watched it at least 40 times at this point and I think it is a huge improvement over the teaser. I thought the ROTS teaser was terrible and I wish they hadn't even bothered to make it. Holiday Special bad?.. no, but close.

17. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    I LOVED it! At Galacticon last week-end we had it projected on the wall, we watched it over and over, and even in slow motion so we could catch everything!

18. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    It would be awesome to see it that way, but I can settle for the extra large version they have on the official site now. Speaking of cool stuff on the site, they got the new Clone Wars! It's hard to say from the limited vantage of just one episode, but so far I am very pleased with it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to look at the new layout on the OS some more. I'm loving that new picture of Grievous, and I think I see a wallpaper that will suit me nicely. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.